My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby Lepid » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Prompt 1

Featuring: Azrael + Hera

Hera grabbed her leather bag and hummed quietly to herself as she started grabbing what any medic would grab. A first aid kit and a very basic survival kit that had a firestarter, knife, rope, and a little bit of food and water. She went through her jars of herbs as well and put quite a few basic ones into a zip-lock bag and shoved it into her large bag. After all, she doesn’t know what that stuff is going to do to their plants. It could poison her and her partner for all she knows! Finally, Hera grabbed a book that had been passed down for centuries by her family and stared at its worn-out cover. It was a book about the lore of demonic creatures and if Hera was going to go and help heal some wounded people out there or fight a monster, she needed to study up! She stopped humming as she realized that she was going to embark on a journey soon with a stranger. Hopefully they had enough common sense to bring some useful things with them. Hera shook her head, took one last look at her roomy hut, and left to go to the docks where her boat was awaiting at.

Meanwhile Azrael was getting out his angelic armor and staff. As an angel he didn’t need that many things for him to help survive. He was a winged creature after all who could easily soar high into the skies to find a quick meal or drink. The only thing that Azrael was concerned with was getting the proper tools to handle the demons. He’s had a few rough encounters with them before and scars to tell the tales of those encounters. He’s also very concerned about his partner that he was going to be stuck fighting with. Azrael can’t stand many kalons as it is but the fact that he has to practically babysit one annoyed him beyond belief. He shook his head as he flew out of his home and landed in the docks approximately 10 minutes later, where a green kalon stood with a bag.

Hera looked at the dark, large figure before her. He didn’t carry much on him besides what he was wearing and a staff. She facepalmed and groaned quietly before looking at him again. She noticed that he looked just as annoyed. “You’re my partner, aren’t you?” Azrael stated as he folded his arms and got a good look at the green girl. She looked like a nerd who overly packed. She had a very large bag and her hair was half up and half down. Clearly she didn’t care what she looked like, only that she had a ton of books in her bag. Hera narrowed her eyes though as the boat arrived. “Listen, I’m Hera and I’m pretty easy to get along with bud if you don’t give me any issues.” She said as she stepped onto the boat. Azrael rolled his eyes and hopped onto the boat and sat on one of the edges. He liked feeling the wind blow on his face. Hera continued though. “As long as you treat me nicely, I’ll treat you nicely and we will be a decent team I’m sure.” She said as she looked at the angel who seemed to not be even remotely listening. The woman steadily grew angry and raised her voice. “Got it?” Azrael turned his head and looked at Hera. “Yeah, sure. I’m not babysitting a hothead though.” He turned his head back around and resumed his daydreaming. Hera, who had had enough, stormed over and pushed Azrael off the boat.

Azrael gasped in surprise as he suddenly became drenched. He quickly flew out of the water and landed by Hera looking angry. Hera smirked though and even snickered. The dark island was approaching them fast. “I warned you!” She said as she folded her arms in victory. Azrael picked up his soaking-wet hair though and rinsed it out right over her, making her wet as well. Hera screamed in surprise at how cold the water was and now it was Azrael who was laughing. “You know what? You’re not too bad Hera. I think we’ll get along just fine.” He smirked as the boat reached the gloomy docks. Both kalons looked at each other and walked out of the boat to begin their adventure together.
(722)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Prompt Day 1 - ( Sasha ) ( Aeka ) ( Avanna )

-☼-

“I don’t make excuses - I get results.”

|||||It was about ten seconds previous that she had come into the darkly lit tavern with a devastatingly murderous glare in her eyes, her companion clinging onto her arm with a dreadfully airy gaze that seemed to speak not only her relation to the furious knight, but also her total acceptance of her partner’s rage. Although the lighting in the dreary tavern made it hard to catch a glint off of her obviously polished armour, it looked to be no secret that she was a knight - her companion in tow either a healer or summoner, but from the flowy frock she wore was likely not a combatant. What a sight the two were in this tavern of all places - a meeting place for rogues, thieves, and other villains of the like. You would think from the contemptuous glares they’d received that they’d committed an unspeakable crime, but the considerable amount of criminals here spoke more truth about the situation.

Perhaps it was the way that her glare dared anyone in the dark cove to move an inch, but despite the tension in the room not a single sole moved. She took her place at a table, making a show of angrily pulling a chair out for herself and sitting with her back straight as her companion nervously flitted about her, fiddling with her dress before sitting, leaning into her companion. The loud proclamation that she had about “getting results” as she’d entered the bar had stunned the patrons into silence, but now they held whispered conversations around her. Only one person dared to move and approach the odd pair, the tavern keep, sidling up to their table with a smirk on her face.

“What’s a knight in shining armor like yourself doing in a rundown place like this?” the lilt in her voice and the deceptive smile on her lips putting the healer on edge, but relaxing the knight slightly, though not much. She might’ve been an information broker or a rogue, but she certainly wasn’t an assassin or someone of the like which, considering the company they were in, was a comfort to the knight. No harm would come to her or her companion as long as the tavernkeep had any say in it, and since there was no doubt that she wouldn’t want any special forces coming to disband her operation here, the knight knew she was safe.

“One might consider more formality when speaking to a knight, especially one in such a... precarious circumstance,” she offered, her companion fidgeting in her chair as the knight spoke, “As far as I’m aware, this is just a quaint little tavern and I’ve stopped in for something to eat.” She said it so callously that the tavernkeep lost her grin, placing her hand on her hip as she spoke once again.

“Right then, ~madam knight~. What can I get for you?” her glare now equally matching the knight’s. Unamused by her request for formality, she’d spoken in an equally callous tone, but a hint of fear sat underlying in her voice. While the prideful hordes around her would never admit such, they were afraid of the knight.

“Nothing,” she spoke plainly, “I’m here to meet a contact - a necromancer by the name of Avanna. But I supposed while we’re here - Aeka, did you need anything?” she turned now to her companion as she asked, receiving a quick response of a shaking head as her companion - Aeka - drew herself slightly closer to the knight.

“In that case, then,” she turned back to the keeper, “we’re all good here.”

And with that the keeper walked off, sending a glare to the knight as she sauntered away. The knight turned to her companion, who looked almost as if she was about to speak, opening and closing her mouth every few seconds as if she couldn’t make up her mind what to say. The knight patiently waited for her companion’s words.

“S-sasha.. I don’t like it here,” her timid voice just barely making a sound “Why couldn’t we have met your contact at the town square? Or at least somewhere... respectable…” The anxious healer’s eyes scanning the faces of the people around her. She fidgeted in her chair again, uncomfortable not being able to cling to the knight’s side.

“Aeka, listen,” she started, looking softly at her companion, “I wish I didn’t have to bring you here, but they insisted. It means they’re insecure - we have the higher ground anywhere, Aeka. At the least we should give them a familiar battlefield.” As she spoke, Aeka seemed to calm down slightly, although she was still on edge. She could feel the glares of the other tavern-goers on her back.

-☼-

|||||Not long after some tension had settled in the tavern, another person entered, seeking the table at which the healer and knight sat. The cloaked individual bowed slightly before speaking.

“So you must be Sasha - I can’t say it’s a pleasure,” they spoke, pulling their hood up enough to reveal their eyes, which seemed to betray their foul mood. “I was hoping to speak with you alone.” they looked to Aeka as they spoke, but upon looking at her their glare softened. There was a gentleness about the healer that seemed to get that reaction often.

“I’m afraid that your hopes have been dashed, then. I would never let my dear Aeka wander from my side.” Sasha tried speaking gently but there was an intensity that formed as she spoke, her glare on the hooded figure holding. “Anyway - about my offer. As you know, I am looking for another party member to join me on this quest. Tell me something - why should you be the one who does?”

There was a harshness in her tone that, to someone like Aeka, would cause panic or tears. But the cloaked figure stood strong in the face of her verbal assault. They wouldn’t back down from this - even pairing up with a knight and healer wouldn’t stop them from reaching their goals.

“My name is Avanna,” they started, pulling their hood down to reveal their face, “I am a necromancer, as you know, and I’m certain you also know the implication of that. I have no need to “prove myself” to you as I know am I asset to your party.” A certain confidence trickled through her speech. She was not someone to be taken lightly, by any means, and Sasha knew that she would, in fact, be an asset to her team.

“We set out today. We’re already prepared - I assume you are as well?” while it was phrased as a question it read more as a challenge. Sasha stood, Aeka immediately clinging to her armour-clad arm. Avanna nodded, pulling her hood back over her eyes.

And with that they set out of the dark tavern, out into the fresh Kalokairi air. An odd combination of companions, certainly - the knight, the healer, and the necromancer. Their journey had begun here, no need to discuss minor intentions or the reasoning behind it. Reasons had no meaning to any of them, and intentions were just as well. This was a day not to make excuses. This was a day to get results.

( 1210 )
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 pm

Prompt 1

click the link for higher res! :0c
the team in their new gear-- they're trying it out and breaking it in ; )

kalons featured are in my party !
abacus // elizabeth // belial
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Prompt 1 : Rho

--

"I'm not ready, I can't do this!"

The black fuzzball of a Kalon murmured quietly, hiding his face in his paws as he laid down on the tent floor. It's only been a few hours since he's left the comfort of his lovely home and his lovely mate and his lovely-- yeah thinking about his home wasn't helping him any.

Why he decided to go on this quest, he wasn't entirely sure, aside from Rondo ushering him out the door. "Go be wild," he said.
"It'll be fun," he said. Sure, sure, fun. All he was going to get was mucky fur and rough paw pads. Rondo will have to clean him up when he gets home, though, that's what he gets.

Rho snickered, thinking of Rondo attempting to brush Rho's thick fur. Rondo didn't seem to mind it too much, despite Rho's fur being a horrid mess, especially once wet or dirty-- or in this case, both. It does feel quite nice, though. The thought of receiving that attention from Rondo made Rho smile, and he shrugged.

Maybe it wasn't the quest that he was after, but the reward at the end of it.
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rvbytea » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:51 pm

prompt 1 (tensi - eirene)
▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxthe haze that settled over kalokairi and the attacks happening made Tensi kim shut up. He was expecting the same old but enjoyable summer-solstice event but instead everyone was talking about the attacks and just overall just bringing down the peaceful mood. Being a overly excited and optimistic kalon he realized this was something serious. The village needed help, but who would do it? Everyone was talking about how they needed brave kalons to help. Tensi was pretty much confident he could help the village but, no one took the bright kalon seriously.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
"Hold up, You're being serious about leaving the for the quest?" Eirene ran up to Tensi, who was collecting food at a store for his journey. Eirene, a very short 16 year old kalon who worked at the store Tensi was shopping at.
"well, I'm not definitely not buying all this food to hoard at home" Tensi said putting another soup can into his cart, his second cart of food. Eirene seemed to hesitate for a moment looking at the two shopping cart with a with an exasperated sigh she looked at the bright kalon.
"You are not definitely not going alone, so you're taking me" Eirene said crossing her arms. Honestly, Tensi couldn't take the younger kalon seriously. He looked at the small kalon with a doubtful look. Sure, he may need help, but Eirene? They had short small talk with each other but nothing serious or friend-like. They way Eirene looked, she seemed like a prissy "ew a bug!" Kalon who wouldn't get her paws dirty at all in a journey like this.
"oh, really? A pretty princess like you wouldn't get her paws dirty on a dangerous quest like this" Tensi cooed in a baby voiced as he placed his paws on his hips. He started to walk away awkwardly pushing two shopping carts, but the girl persisted and followed him.
If looks could killed, Tensi would probably put the look Eirene gave him one number 1 on his dirtiest look list.
Eirene narrowed her eyes at the taller and older kalon.
"Well, Imp not the strongest kalon but I can help you in other ways." She replied smoothly, examining her paws then looking up to smirk at him. "I work here, ya know, and I can get you a little discount on this" Eirene gestured towards the overfilled shopping carts.
"sweetie, if you can get all of this for free i'll let you." Tensi said raising a eyebrow as he turned around to face her.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tensi kim should've watched his words, because it happened. He wasn't sure if the kalon stole two shopping carts of food or she just has a really rich family because they left with all the food and the shopping carts. Tensi hesitantly kept his word and decided to let her come over and help him pack. At least 15 minutes after they separated Eirene arrived at his doorstep, her long hair tied up into a bun and in somewhat messy clothes and had a light grey backpack slung over her shoulder. She walked in like she owned the place confidence radiating off of her.
"Ok, so how in hades are we going to get 2 shopping carts of food across the land." Eirene said throwing her backpack on a chair. "I expect we can't just run back here to get supplies," She said sitting on the floor crisscross.
"Look, I was only expecting to take me, myself, and I. I wasn't really planning on taking a plus one." Tensi said sitting down in front of her. "I suggest we pack lightly because no one said we can't stop at rest stops or whatever." Eirene nodded as he spoke.
"I only brought an extra change of clothes, bandaids, and some other medical stuff." She said gesturing to her backpack. "we can somehow fit your change of clothes and some more first aid and i'll carry that, and we get a bigger backpack and choose foods that don't expire quickly and water filters and tents" Eirene said looking through the food.
After 3 hours of sitting down and sorting through food they finally filled another backpack with supplies and they were on their way.

690/150
    hey! i have been on a hiatus due to school, i apologize if i dont respond quickly!!
rvbytea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby armads » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 pm

prompt one: preparation
feat. Jet & Nico — 534 words

Jethro moved at a steady trot, humming an indiscernible, upbeat tune under his breath. His boots sank into the mud with every step as he made his way toward the outermost fringes of the village, where the houses were few and far between. Many huts, in poor shape to begin with, were dilapidated or shrouded in unsettling darkness, their occupants having long since fled or been consumed by the mysterious plague that now gripped the nation.

To a lone wanderer, a petty thief, Kalokairi held little appeal. No longer the thriving kingdom it was mere months ago, with heavy purses to be pilfered and joyous people to be conned, it had become a perilous territory, best avoided at all costs. Still, Jet trudged on with a sunny disposition, seemingly unfazed by the shadows that swam just outside of his vision. He had his sights set on much bigger, better things.

Ducking slightly to clear the splintering door frame of the hut he'd been taking shelter in for the past few nights, the young fugitive found himself grinning. The day had been a success. He'd gone out that morning in pursuit of information rather than his usual material goods but, as luck would have it, he'd come across no shortage of either. Praise be to the hospitable tavern patrons, Jet thought, letting his bag hit the floor with a satisfying thunk.

His pack was a slim, sensible thing, dyed a deep, inconspicuous shade of brown and boasting more inner pockets than the average kalon would know what to do with. In Jet's case, they were filled with all manner of handy things, from small knives, to provisions, to currencies from faraway lands. They'd been through a lot together, he and that satchel, and judging by the whispers he'd been picking up around town, they were about to face their most challenging trial yet.

Reaching in deep, the pads of his fingers tracing lovingly across a few silver coins as he went, Jet pulled a heavy tome from his bag of spoils. Among all the gossip of curses and demons and soul-sucking sickness was a rumor whose pull Jethro simply couldn't deny. The elderly villagers spoke of a legend, older than Kalokairi itself, and of four crystals with the power to harness the elements.

Though Jet had little interest in folktales or in the supernatural, he was incredibly interested in the kind of money one could get in return for priceless, mythical gems. So, he had managed to get himself into the town's most carefully curated library and bought the only book he could find on the subject. It had been steeply priced, but now, flipping through pages of maps and illustrations and lengthy paragraphs, Jet was sure that it had been worth every last coin.

Resuming his pleased humming, Jethro went to work on setting a fire in the hearth. He'd spend tonight reading up on these crystals, committing their secrets to memory, and he'd set out to retrieve them first thing the next morning.

—————————

Somewhere, acres away, at the very heart of the village, a sour, balding scholar let out a screech that ripped through the night: "That low-life took my watch!"

to be continued...
armads

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ωolfie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Prompt 1
Dʀᴀᴡ/ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴ(s) ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀɪɴɢ
ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙᴀʀᴋ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛ

"quests and quarrels"

Kyrou | Shelbie | Cain | 1,153 words

In a small cottage somewhere in the village, are three kalons, huddled together inside. It was the day before the quest was to begin. The three kalons had never really thought about the things they needed to bring on the quest, rather they were more worried about the quest itself. But now that they were to be heading out just a few mere hours from now, they suddenly realized that heading out, empty-handed, would be pretty ridiculous. So there they were, Shelbie, Cain, and Kyrou, each one discussing what they should bring for the quest.

"Well, when I think of a quest, the weapon almost always comes to my mind first. So, we should each find a weapon suitable to our fighting styles." Shelbie said. The other two kalons stared wordlessly at her. She furrowed her brows. "Come on, you know what I mean, right? Like for example, I usually don't attack up close, toe-to-toe, but rather from behind. Y'know, hiding in the shadows and find a position that will guarantee the higher advantage." She explained to them, before standing up and heading towards the dark, web-ridden closet. A few minutes later, she came back, revealing a katana, with it's sharp, silver edge and the hard, red handle. Kyrou blinked and continued to listen without saying anything. "I already know what my fighting style is, Shelbie. Besides, I already found my weapon a couple of days ago!" Cain replied, with a slight hint of bitterness in his voice. His eyes trailed towards the side of the room, and as expected, there was an iron axe propped against the wall. "You don't have to talk to us like we're stupid, you know. I think we are pretty much as experienced as you are- if not, then we're more." Cain said, standing up to go retrieve his axe before sitting back down with a satisfied 'plop' on the ground. Shelbie rolled her eyes. "Really, Cain? An axe? Isn't that made for.. chopping wood?" Cain nodded happily. "It could also be used for a weapon! Of course you wouldn't know that, though. I like to atttack up close and personal, y'know? To just get the stalling out of the way and get on with it. No hiding or whatever for me." Shelbie frowned, narrowing her eyes at the younger kalon. "Then where's the strategy in that? Where's the skill? That's crazy!" Shelbie scoffed. They went back and forth like this for a while, mindless bickering about their choice of weapons, until it gradually resulted in a huge argument like always. Kyrou took action and quickly stepped in between them, holding his arms out to stop the two from fighting each other. Whenever Shelbie and Cain would get too ahead of themselves, Kyrou would make sure to stop the whole ordeal before it would carry on until sunset. That was the real reason he joined, really, it wasn't like Kyrou was willing to go on this quest in the first place. Kyrou joined so that there would be balance and order on the quest, and if he didn't come, well then they'd kill each other before they even started to head out. "Guys, please stop fooling around... we really need to get this done before the day ends," Kyrou told them.

Shelbie sighed, bowing her head. "Kyrou's right, like always. Well then, Kyrou, you're a mage, right? You do have attack spells, too?" Kyrou was taken aback at how quickly they stopped fighting. He began to regret he had ever spoken. "Um, er- I... I don't attack." Shelbie and Cain looked at him. "Uh, they aren't really my forte- I'm not that experienced with attack spells..." Kyrou clarified quickly. His muscles tensed. He often felt self-conscious about not being able to do even the most basic of fighting spells as a mage. Especially around two very passionate fighters. Again, the two kalons exchanged glances. "I'm more of a defense person, hah... usually I'm not the one starting the fight, rather I'll be the one healing the injured..." Kyrou said while rubbing his neck nervously. Shelbie nodded slowly, her lips curved into a smile. "Ohh, so you aren't a battle mage, huh? That's all good! Three fighters would be way too much for me." Cain chirped. "Yeah, I agree, why didn't you tell us sooner? And plus, I think we found our healer!" Shelbie said. Kyrou relaxed a bit, smiling faintly.

"Alright, so how about armor, guys? We need some way to protect ourselves. I have a bunch of armor sets in the back of the closet from a long, long time ago, if you guys want to look!" Shelbie suggested to the two. "Oh yeah, cool! Let's look!" Cain said, hurriedly rushing towards the closet, while the rest trailed behind him. Shelbie squeezed inside the crowded closet and began to search for the armor sets. Once she did, she threw all of them outside for Kyrou and cain to see. "I'll be fine with some leather armour! I don't want any huge, heavy ones that would weigh me down," Shelbie declared, her eyes flickering towards Cain as he went to pick up the iron set. "Well I basically have to have some good armour or else I'll be shredded!" Cain said, rubbing his paws over the iron chestplate's surface. "I don't think I'll be needing any armour. I have a spellbook at home which grants me a good amount of defense," Kyrou spoke up quietly. "Spellbook, huh? Fantastic! Be sure to bring that tomorrow!" Shelbie told him, while Kyrou nodded in reply.

"Alright, so we've got our armour and weapons! We need to bring more items that would be handy along the journey. How about we each get a sack to put all our valuable items in?" Shelbie suggested. Cain and Kyrou looked at each other, and they both agreed. At the end of the day, they all finished packing up, their sacks all filled. Kyrou had brought his spellbook, a journal, a pen, and some food, water, and mushrooms, honey, and herbs for his spells. Shelbie brought some ropes, a torch, a hairpin, (you never know when you would need to pick a lock!) and binoculars, things that would most likely end up being extremely helpful in the long run. And for Cain, he packed an extra kitchen knife and dagger, just in case for some reason their main weapons would disappear, extra clothes and shoes for everyone, and some blankets.

"It's getting dark, but I think we're all set. With all three of us as a team, I don't think there's going to be anything that'll get on our way," Shelbie said quietly, but her smile was as bright as ever. "Totally, no one could beat us. Kyrou, you don't regret joining us, right?" Cain asked the kalon. Even though it took a while for him to answer, he knew the answer was clear. "Right. I would never leave you two."

i rewrote this story like four times lmao some sentences you'll see will sound awkward, sorry !
Last edited by ωolfie on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. taking a break ! -- ❞
x
x

x
x

██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 pm

with eniko ─ the healerginko ─ the monkodo ─ the warlock

Image calm before the storm:
    she couldn't do it anymore, she had to leave, the souls screamed at her to leave. she cried out to them, "why must i leave?! i'm here to help you all." her voice echoed out into the trees that night. they souls started to sprout up around her, they flickered in and out. white orbs, balls of flame, souls that had been lost and never found, and only ever seen by her. they all wanted her to leave, they wanted her to get out of this dreary forest. all her life she had been helping them reach peace and now they want her to as well. she was alone here with only spirits to console herself with, they now begged her. go out a live, see the sun, the ocean, the clear sky. eniko stared at each one of them, she bit her lip as the welling tears slipped down her face, her hands shook on the wooden balcony where she stood. "fine.." her voice faltered and cracked, "if it shall make you all happy then i will go.. but i will return to you." she then turned to her house wiping away her tears. the souls disappeared behind her with a relived sigh then the forest went utterly silent.

eniko was soon inside, she had grabbed a satchel from the dusty closet she had not opened in years. the now dust free satchel now lay strew across her cozy bed. she looked at it unhappily, her eyes growing sadder the longer she looked at it. she turned her head away before she cried once more, it was the middle of the night but she was wide awake as usual for her. the shorter female began to grab items from her shelves in the room next to wear she slept. herbs, spices, an old mixing bowl, cloth, ribbons, incense, and other assortments of healing items she often used. in her mind these were the essentials, to others this would be useless or stupid knickknacks. eniko then moved to her room and began packing clothing for herself, as well as grabbing some home reminders for herself when she would feel home sick. at this point tears where spilling out of her eyes again, they hit the dream catcher that she grabbed. she sniffled and ran her fingers over the gems entwined with the string of the dream catcher, as her tears it the gems they twinkled in her blurry vision. she held back a sob as she placed it into her satchel, she stood back and looked around her room, she had grabbed every thing she believed she needed, all that was left to was to grab her jacket and head off. with shaking hands she reached for her jacket that hung on the back of her bedroom door and pulled it over her arms and grabbed the satchel as well as an extra bag for her clothes.

she then slowly walked towards the front door and then soon out of it. she hesitated at the stairs before her, she stepped down them lightly, listening to the creaks of the boards under her feet. she stopped at the end of them, her heart quivering she took a step away from her home, and then another, and another. soon she was running through the trees. she didn't ever look back at her home, for she knew she would go running back to it. "i will come back. i will see my home again."

─ ✧ ─

Image going on an adventure:
    ginko had just finished his morning tea, he placed the empty cup beside him on the floor of the porch out back. he placed his elbows on his knees, that was his last cup of his foreign tea he got from his great grandmother. she had told him once this tea runs out he must leave to get more immediately, she had left him a map in her passing. the map that now lay beside his tea cup beside him, 'it looks as though the time has come.' he took a breath and stood up. he had already been preparing that morning for this journey, and thought long and hard about if he really wanted to travel just for some tea but he remembered the sternness and urgency in his grandmothers voice and that moved him enough to go. he glanced down at the map and grabbed it, he tucked it into his pocket and took the tea cup as well. he placed the cup inside on the counter of his kitchen, he then walked over to his room across the way where his door was wide open. everything looked oddly clean but he had cleaned it himself after getting everything ready. he was faced now with his bags he had placed on his bed, he blinked at it softly and sighed to himself and grabbed the bags. he threw them over his shoulder and stepped out of his room. he held his head high, he didn't like the feeling of leaving his home like this. he had never left home, this was where he grew up, lived, and would die he decided. he walked to the door and grabbed hold of the handle, though he didn't open it. he instead turned to look behind him once more. he wouldn't be seeing this place for a long time he felt.

his eyes grazed over his warm feeling home, the longing he felt tugged at his heart but he turned away just as he felt his grip on the door handle loosen. 'no i cannot.. i must go.' he then opened the door and stepped out into the bright day light. he then shut the door behind him and started to walk. one foot in front of the other, he leaned his head back and looked at the sky before him, 'this should be an adventure for us then.. huh gram?'

─ ✧ ─

Image just another journey:
    odo had woken up in his make shift tent, the smell of incense filling his nose once more, although he had fallen asleep to the smell of them they were as strong as ever. he broke through the branches that made up his tent and peered outside, "it seems as though spring has come now.." he emerged from the dark and smoke filled sleeping place. he had been hibernating, he disliked the long winters and wished to avoid them at all costs. he brushed himself off and broke down his fort, gathering what little he had with him and stood up straight, he took a deep breath of the now fresh air happy to be rid of the burning scent that had plagued his nose for 3 long months. he threw on his cloak and placed his wooden box on his back as he always had, fastening the straps into place before setting off once more.

odo didn't have a home or a place of origin, he had always been moving since he was a kid, every day of his life was another mystery. he never knew what was coming next but knew he could handle it what ever it was. ever since he was small he had taught himself how to survive, he had tried to be taken in by several families but each one would throw him out within the day because where ever he went bad luck seemed to follow close behind him. which is why he moves often now, he never will stay in one place for longer then a week, most often it's one to two days. and most often he ends up in a place where others seem to be in need of his help. wither it be a mysterious illness or explainable happenings, when ever he stops by it always is fixed or cured. they called him a miracle worker but he always turned down that title. "i'm no miracle worker.. just someone that helps others like me." he had told many people many times but the title has stuck to him. he stared up at the blue sky and took a breath, wondering where this new day would lead him in his endless journey.

─ ✧ ─
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggywort » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Promp 1; Baily & Letter

Bailey quickly stuffed her belongings in her brown leather bag covered in stitched on pink flowers with a solomn look on her face.
Me? Their only hope? It must've been a mistake but I'll find out when I get there. Bailey thought to herself, still grabbing belongings that she would need for the trip. She had hoped to leave before her little brother awoke as she didn't want to have to say goodbye knowing she may not return. "What'cha up too?" A soft voice spoke from the doorway behind her.

Bailey froze for a moment, stunned, before turning toward the voice with some of her belongings still in her grasp. "Letter? Don't barge in like tha-"

"Are you going over to Bronwen's?" Letter interupted with a curious look on his face. "Ya'll in loove." He taunted in a sing-song tone.

The brown kalon's face flushed and she glared at her little brother. "No I'm not going over to her house. I have to go do something really important." Before she could stop herself she already knew it was too late and Letter would be all over her about it. "Mistakes were made." She said to herself under her breath.

Letter looked up at her with curious eyes. "Do tell." He insisted, sitting down as if to get ready for a story.

"Well," Bailey began, knowing it was a bad idea to tell her little brother. "I'm not really sure how it came up but I have to go somewhere really dangerous because I have to help some kalons and get these stone things to cure their land of some kind of darkness. I'm not really sure. I have to leave very soon and I'm just packing. Please tell Mom that I just went over to Bronwen's."
She looked over at her little brother and began to regret even mentioning it.

"Can I come, please please please?" The small blue kalon begged with wide eyes. "You always take me on adventures so why is this one any different?"

"No, you may not come. It's too dangerous, even for me." Bailey said sternly. "I will bring some suvineers back though." Her tone softened and she looked at her bag.

"Please Bailey? I will be good, I promise!" Letter stared at her with pure, pleading eyes.

This always got to Bailey no matter how much she tried to resist it, she couldn't say no to that face. "Well, alright, but you must stick close to me and stay out of trouble. I don't want Mom to find out that we were far far away." She replied, looking down the hall at her mother's bedroom door.

"We gotta look cool if we want to go on an epic quest." Letter chimed excitidly.

"I'm pretty sure we're alright for now." Bailey replied, rolling her blue eyes.

"Well I'm not 'alright for now'. I want to look like someone who's on a real quest. I want to look epic. Let's buy some cool brown cloaks and nice brown bags. Also some swords would be cool." He said in an almost serious yet playful tone.

"This is not a game, Letter. This is serious buisiness." She paused "But it wouldn't hurt to look nice in the process."

Letter bounced up and down and yipped happily. "Let's walk to the clothes store down the street! We'll surley find stuff there!"

"I can't belive I'm letting you dress me. I also can't belive I'm letting you come." Bailey stood with a green cloak draped of her back and a brown leather back draped over her shoulder. "This will never stay on without a pin or something." She added, tugging at the cloak.

"Well, matter-of-fact, I manged to find four different pins. Two wind themed ones, two leaf themed ones, two fire themed ones, and two water themed ones. They have this huge bin over there of them and I think some stabbed my paws." Letter said reaching out a bloodied paw pad. "Oh and, I get one of each kind for my cloak. Now for the swords. There's a blacksmithing shop in the neighboring town."

Bailey looked at him suspiciously. "How would you know that? Also they still make swords? I thought that was a thing of the past."
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist