Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby canadianhowl » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 am

Username: canadianhowl
Clan: link

Quest Number: 1
Response:
“We need to talk… now.”

The look in her eyes said it all. Minkfur took a deep breath and nodded. Whatever it was, it didn’t look good. She was nervous. She hadn’t ever seen fury like this in her friend’s eyes. Minkfur padded off behind Flurrychest. They ventured away from camp and secluded themselves in a more sheltered area of the forest. One where the leaves shut away any sunlight and the foliage was dense and thick. Minkfur had a feeling she knew what this was about. She didn’t want to rush to conclusions so she let her friend talk.

“Minkfur. Talk to me. I want to know everything that happened during that recent battle. The one with the band of rogues!” Flurrychest mumbled.

“The rogues? The… that one yeah. What about it?”

“Tell me… everything!”

Minkfur took a few second to collect herself before she nodded. “It was a patrol… me, Mousebite, Gullgrumble, someone else. It happened so fast they came out of nowhere. There were only three we outnumber them but they were strong. I thought we had them.”

“I want to know about Mousebite…”

She knew it but… Flurrychest was her friend. Minkfur was hesitant. She gazed away but before she could get another word, the other she cat turned frantic.

“Please just speak! I know it’s been a few days but… they just told me she might not ever be able to see out of that eye again. I want to know what happened. No one else is speaking. As her mate I deserve to know and you’re my friend.” Flurrychest snapped. She took a step back to collect herself. “Sorry… I just-“

“No, I get it. I… we got the first one. I was going to rush back home with her until I heard the cries of a clanmate. So I told her to race back to get backup and I went to go fight again. I left her vulnerable and soon… the rogues tricked us and attacked her.”

“You left her?!”

“Not in that sense I didn’t mean to abandon her to fend for herself I left so I could go back and help-“

“I don’t care! Why didn’t you just go back with her?!”

“Two strong rogues against an almost elder and a middle aged warrior was not a fight they could win. I had to even it out to favor our side. I thought she was fine!”

“She clearly wasn’t! She wasn’t! She… she’s blind because of you. She’s blind in one eye. We’re friends, you two were friends I thought- no… no it’s fine it’s… I got to go.”

Flurrychest raced off in a frantic manner not listening at all to any pleads Minkfur shouted. What was she going to do now?

Word Count: 461

Quest Number: 2
Response:

Quest Number: 3
Response:
“Batsmoke is just… I don’t know about that guy. That stupid smug grin he always had frustrates me. He’s disrespectful and loud and arrogant. He’s so full of himself and finds it funny creeping out his clanmates with his pet. It’s not like us at all. That kid is going to get himself in trouble someday and I’ll be the one laughing at him. All these younger cats are the same but Batsmoke is the worst of all! We should have exiled him when we had the chance. Now it’s like a nonstop singing bird that you can’t ever get silenced.” Bearhaze sighed finally glad to let off some steam.

Word Count: 110
Last edited by canadianhowl on Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am

Username: razr
Clan: renatulus

Response: Image

(links to the image on toyhouse in hopes that it's higher quality lol)
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter
- dm me for a joke >:)

jacqolantern on disc// TH // artfight

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- stars - peaceclan quests - april -

Postby coffee.berry » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 pm

username: coffee.berry
    clan: peaceclan

quest number: #1
    word count: (excluding lyrics) [ 561 words ]

please don't be in love with someone else,

fograin padded through camp, searching for her very best friend, apricot. she wanted to tell him about her newest discovery - a turtle she found at the fish hole! she made a mental note to herself to reassure apricot that she did not kill it (which was true) and wanted to ask silverstar if she could keep it! everyone seemed to have a companion these days.

she continued walking around peaceclan grounds, until she finally spotted apricot! fograin ran over to him as fast as her legs could carry her and grinned at him. "hey, you! you'll never guess what i discovered today." she exclaimed. at this, the surprised tom tilted his head. "let me guess - another nest of bees?" he joked, referring to the time when a whole clan of honeybees had chased fograin back to camp.

"no, silly." she rolled her eyes, shaking her head in mock disbelief. "i found a turtle hanging around the fish hole - i named him tim, and i'm gonna ask silverstar if i can keep him!" apricot gasped; he wasn't expecting his best friend's discovery to be so cool! "you'll have to show me tim one day! i hope silverstar lets you keep him."

the two stayed quiet for a bit, and then apricot remembered what he'd been planning to tell fograin that day, before she'd jumpscared him. "..fograin?" he asked, his voice quieter than it had been before. "yes?" she smiled, not sure what he wanted to tell her.

"i've been wanting to tell you for a while, but i was kind of afraid." he said, his voice a bit braver now. "i love you, fograin, and i hope you feel the same." he tilted his head to the side, shooting his best friend a hopeful smile, waiting for her answer.

the truth was, fograin didn't quite know what to say. she'd never had romantic feelings for him growing up, much less now, and she didn't want to break apricot's heart - not his, not her best friend's. she was now stuck in a situation she'd always wished she would never be in, and wasn't sure how to respond.

finally, she took a deep breath and spoke as tears streamed down her face. "i'm so sorry, apricot, really! you're my best friend in the world, and i love you so much," she shook her head. "but i only love you as a brother. i'm so sorry, apricot!" she repeated, but by the time she'd finished speaking, he was crying as well.

fograin didn't think she could feel any worse. she'd hurt him. her best friend since they were kits. and now she had probably lost him. apricot wouldn't meet her eye, nodded to her, and ran off to the hunter den.

feeling sick of herself, the crestfallen she-cat returned to the fighter den, trying to find a way to go back in time and change what had already been done. she'd lost her best friend, the only one who shared the same humour with her, the only one she had inside jokes with, the only one who truly loved her. and it was all her fault.

from them on, fograin and apricot's relationship was never the same. sure, he'd forgiven her, but none of them had ever forgotten what had happened that day. fograin had broken apricot's heart, including her own at the same time.

please don't have somebody waiting on you!
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 pm

Username: ArithMedic
Clan: Aether

Quest Number: #1 (Draw or write about a time a cat has hurt another so much that it broke some sort of bond permanently.
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.)
Response: WIP

You couldn't bear the pain any longer and so you ran away, hardly looking back.

I understand your pain, I bore it too. But do you know the pain of being the one left behind to endure it alone?

Word Count: 39 words
I'm autistic so sometimes I misunderstand things or say the wrong thing, please be patient with me!

I go by Arith for short!
Christian, Autistic, ADHD, College student
Artist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 pm

Username: crexmii
    Clan: softclan

Quest Number: one
    Response:

clematis stared into his sister’s emerald green eyes, trembling.
    ”how could you?!” he snarled. “adelaide, what’s happened to you?”
    the red tabby she-cat hissed back, flattening her ears. “what do you mean?! nothing has happened to me. why are you overreacting so badly?”

clematis dug his claws into the crimson carpet underneath his paws, leaving his claw marks and damaging the precious fabric. “what cat wouldn’t react so badly? you literally just…you’re going to exile them all, and you don’t feel a single shred of remorse? not at all..?”

adelaide rolled her eyes. “stop talking nonsense, clematis. this is just the duty of a royal, little brother. they killed our parents. they tried to kill violetstar. we’re avenging the king and the queen, for goodness’ sake!”

“they didn’t do it intentionally.” the fawn tabby protested. “it was an accident. and it wasn’t a ‘they.’ it was a single cat who couldn’t control her powers. i mean, she’s blessed by the god of chaos. but not all powers are bad!”

adelaide paused and stepped toward clematis, trying to soothe him. “calm down. you’re too young to understand. one day, when you grow older, you’ll get why it’s necessary.”

clematis stamped his paw in anger and slid away from the red molly.

“no! I understand what you’re doing completely fine! you all need to stop babying me! i’m no longer the precious baby prince of the family,” he spat bitterly.
    “and cordelia is innocent! plus, how are we going to explain aureus?! she’s royal, yes, but she’s blessed too! how can we exile one and let the other stay?!”
    adelaide hesitated, and in that split second, clematis couldn’t control his anger.

only after the fresh wound appeared on her cheek did clematis realise he’d slashed his sister. adelaide’s eyes welled up with tears, not only due to the pain.
    “what—“

trembling, clematis grabbed the small golden crown on his head and dropped it on the ground, causing the precious item to crack and shatter into several large pieces at his white paws.

adelaide looked deeply shocked. “c..clematis, what are you doing…doing?” she stammered, fear in her usually calm gaze.

as she spoke, tears dripped down his cheeks.

“i don’t want to be a royal anymore. i can’t— i just can’t do this. i can’t let innocent cats suffer because of my choices and my judgement.” flicking his tail towards adelaide, he continued.

“maybe you can. you’d be the perfect princess. after all, you’re cold, you’re distant, you’re don’t feel a single emotion. you don’t care.
    that’s why you’d be perfect for this job.”

his sister simply stared at him for several heartbeats, gaze clouded as if she didn’t process what clematis had said. then she shook her head, blinked and started sobbing. “clematis. i do care. is…is that what you’ve thought all along when you’ve told me I’d be perfect..?”

clematis felt so, so guilty. but he couldn’t stay here. not in this family.
    suddenly adelaide wiped away her tears and stood up straighter.

“then go, clematis. if you want to leave. it’d be better for the both of us.” she meowed coolly, gaze cold, although the fawn tom could still hear the slight tremor in her voice and see the hurt in her eyes.

“i’m sorry.” he choked, and turned away, dashing out the entrance of the palace, ignoring the surprised looks of his clanmates and cats trying to catch up with him, asking what had happened.

he ran and ran and ran.
    once his legs begun to ache and he thought he was far enough from softclan, clematis sat down and sighed.

i’m sorry, adelaide.

Word Count: [ # 605 words ]

crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • May Quests & April Results

Postby Vivika » Wed May 01, 2024 12:01 pm

[ Start of April Round ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies! I'll have your prizes figured out soon!"

The April quest round has ended!

April Quests 2024

Quest #1
arithmedic → 57xp
canadianhowl → 30xp
coffee.berry → 35xp
crexmii → 90xp
hazelfang → 105xp
ivyy. → 80xp
macabre. → 80xp
néktar → 50xp

Quest #2
canadianhowl → 40xp
hazelfang → 60xp
ivyy. → 45xp
macabre. → 65xp
néktar → 25xp
razr → 60xp
timid-decidueye → 50xp

Quest #3
canadianhowl → 15xp
hazelfang → 100xp
ivyy. → 35xp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

canadianhowl → +170 stardust
crexmii → +180 stardust
hazelfang → +530 stardust
ivyy. → +320 stardust
macabre. → +290 stardust
néktar → +150 stardust
razr → +120 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you for sharing, everyone! All your lore and the relationships between your clan was such a treat to read!"
"While I love all of your entries, these ones really stood out and earn you an special prize!"

Quest #1 - crexmii & hazelfang
+1 ur myo each

Quest #2 - macabre. & razr
+1 ur myo each

Quest #3 - ivyy. & canadianhowl
+1 uc myo each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Draw or write about a time a cat / your clan travelled outside their own territory. What spurred them to do this?
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Portray a relationship this cat has with an outsider (rogue, kittypet, loner, rival clan member, etc).
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Tell us about one of your apprentices (or equivalent rank) training!
You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by Vivika on Tue May 07, 2024 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri May 03, 2024 3:39 am

Username: Macabre.
Clan: BirchClan

Quest Number: #1
Response: Draw or write about a time a cat / your clan traveled outside their own territory. What spurred them to do this?
Word Count: 439

MouseStep had been following the river downstream for a whole day, she had never been so far out of the territory before. MouseStep had only ever gone as far as the twolegs territory, to rummage through their gardens looking for herbs. That was where she had met Lute, her trusty Medicine Rat. Lute knows herbs just as well as any Medicine Cat, which is why she had taken him with her on this journey; she had hoped having him with her would cut down on the time it took her to find the tiny purple mallow flowers, best for bellyaches. She knew with kazoo joining the clan, the transition from kittypet food to live prey might be rough on his belly and she wanted to be prepared.

However it seemed for all her thoughtfulness and forethought, the mallow plant decided to disappear from the territory when she went looking for it. Determined to make sure their new clanmate would feel welcome in the medicine den, MouseStep and Lute set off downstream.

MouseStep twisted around the boulders that lined the river bank, looking for the purple mallow flowers. “Lute! Have you found anything?” MouseStep called out. Squeaking, Lute bounded over the rocks coming to a stop in front of MouseStep and looked up shaking his head.

MouseStep sighed, “All right, I guess we better find somewhere to sleep, we'll never make it back to camp today.” MouseStep padded over to the treeline, looking around she spotted a small hollow underneath a fallen tree. Curling up under the tree, Lute scampered over and curled up on top of MouseStep, and they fell asleep together.

Upon waking up at sunrise the next morning MouseStep said, “Let's look around here a bit, then we can head back. We can't be away from camp too much longer.”

Squeaking his agreement, Lute bounded away. After looking around the boulders and tree stumps MouseStep was getting frustrated. “Nothing!” She hissed. “Did all the mallow in the forest disappear?”

Sighing, she called out to Lute, “Ok lute I'm ready to give up, let's go home.” Turning back to head upstream, MouseStep knew Lute would catch up when he wanted. Only a few steps later MouseStep heard the padding of tiny rat paws chasing her. Pausing to let Lute catch up, she turned to look back and noticed in Lute's mouth was a huge bundle of mallow!

“Lute! You found some mallow!” MouseStep exclaimed excitedly. “Let me carry that, you earned a ride back to camp.” MouseStep felt her spirits lift as Lute hopped up on her back, picking up the mallow MouseStep continued upstream, back to camp.

Quest Number: #2
Response:Draw only, a relationship this cat has with an outsider (rogue, kittypet, loner, rival clan member, etc).
Word Count: N/A

Quest Number: #3
Response:Tell us about one of your apprentices (or equivalent rank) training! only write
Word Count: 420

“Ok GreyPaw, the first thing you should learn as an apprentice is our territory.” ToadStrike meowed. “You'll tag along on as many border patrols as possible, we have a large territory so it will take some time to get to know it.”

“Ok ToadStrike, when will I learn to hunt and fight?” GreyPaw asked,

“You will learn to hunt while on patrol, but fighting will come later.” Toadstrike replied, sounding bored. “You should only fight to protect yourself and others.” GreyPaw nodded in agreement.

ToadStrike Looked over at the camp entrance. “Let's head out, it looks like DewSplash is ready for this evening's patrol.”

GreyPaw jumped as a robin fluttered out of the bushes to his right, the squirrel he was stalking startled and scrambled up a tree. Huffing he cursed himself for being so clumsy.

“It’s ok.” BlizzardFur meowed softly from behind GreyPaw. “You just got too focused on the squirrel and didn't notice the bird.”

“You noticed the bird.” GreyPaw mumbled under his breath, he was feeling like he would never learn how to be a good hunter. BlizzardGur was his older brother and had been a warrior since GreyPaw was a kit. GreyPaw had always looked up to BlizzardFur, wanting to be just as great a warrior.

“I saw the bird because I have an outsider's perspective. I have nothing to prove, you think you do, so you only have a one track mind and a narrow field of vision.” BlizzardFur replied wisely. “If you stop thinking of yourself as an individual piece, and start seeing your place in the forest as a whole it will be easier for you.”

Meeting his mentor outside the elders den, GreyPaw asked, “why are we meeting here?”

“It's important that you learn to care for others. These cats have served the clan well and now it is time for us to serve them.” ToadStrike replied. “Together, we will check them for ticks, hunt for them and clean out their bedding.”

GreyPaw nodded, it wasn't fun work but necessary. He just hoped the elders would be willing to tell him stories while he worked.

“Good job today GreyPaw, you caught lots of prey today.” ToadStrike congratulated GreyPaw after a day out hunting.

“You've become a fine fighter, I knew you would learn.” BlizzardFur exclaimed excitedly.

“Thanks for the prey GreyPaw” the elder called out as he left their den.

SpiderStar announced to the clearing, “GreyPaw, you have finished your warrior training. From this day forward you will be known as GreyMist.”
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon May 06, 2024 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Sun May 05, 2024 5:55 pm

Username: canadianhowl
Clan: galactic skies

Quest Number: 1
Response:
He was a gatherer. While he wasn’t as skilled in knowledge with herbs like the medicine cats were, he saw the state of camp and had to do something. He couldn’t wait around and hope things would take care of themselves. Forestheart sighed as he slowly stood up. As he made his way through camp, he glanced over at the medicine cat's den. The amount of cats in there with a cold right now was a lot. Almost half the clan which might be the record for the most cats sick at a time. He sighed upon seeing his son Windpaw gently being offered some honey for his throat. It really hurt him. Forestheart took a deep breath and exited the camp. What did they need again… catmint he thinks. Right usually that was always in low supply. He began to move further and further from the camp until finding himself by the nearby twoleg place. The cozy wooden dens. He began to sniff around, maybe some plants would be here and he wouldn’t have to go far. He’s heard of the twolegs growing their own herbs that the cats have found useful. Forestheart sighed realizing nothing was in sight. He was about to move on before he heard a voice.

“Tree cat! You over there! Whatcha doing out here?”

He turned to face the cat. A black she cat was watching him from atop of a fence. Ah! He knew who this was. He smiled and dipped his head in greeting, “Smokey! It’s been a while since I’ve heard from you.” The she-cat was a bit confused before it clicked in her head. “Oh! Forestheart so sorry! Haha I just haven’t seen you with so much moss on your fur before.” She giggled.
“It’s fine! I’m here looking for an herb. Perhaps you might be able to assist me? It’s catmint.”

Smokey began thinking before she gasped. “There is a plant actually. One of the neighbors grows some! Here I’ll show you.” She hopped down the wooden fence and purred. “Let’s go! What’s it for anyways?”
“The clan is… sick. Many cats are sick and we don’t have enough herbs. I can’t just stand around and do nothing. I have some herbal knowledge and my skill is to scent and track things out. I have to help in some way.”

“The clan is sick?! … I don’t mean to be uh… selfish but how are-“

“Dragonfruit is alright. Firepaw is sick but he isn’t as bad as the others are. He’ll pull through fine.” He explained and smiled upon hearing her sigh of relief. She might not be in connection with any of them but she still worried for her ex mate and her baby. He was the only one who knew Smokey was Firepaw’s mother. Maybe he accidentally spotted the two ex lovers once on a little date but that was it. It was a secret only to him. As the two walked along, Smokey began chatting away about what’s going on around her nest. She kept talking until they finally reached the nest. She helped him up and over the fence before greeting him to a little area of catnip. Forestheart was relieved some was here. This would be enough for a few cats. It would alleviate the stress of things a lot.

“Thank you so much. This will help a few cats who need it.” He purred and went to pick the plant. When he was done, he nuzzled Smokey in a friendly manner. “Tell Dragon I say hi, I miss him.” Smokey mumbled. “Will do.”

When Forestheart returned. The medicine cats were excited that someone had gone even at all to go collect herbs while they were busy. Even if it wasn’t a huge pile, any amount was grateful. He insisted though for Windpaw to be treated first and the medicine cats upheld that. Forestheart was just glad he could help in some way.

Word Count: 659

Response:

Quest Number: 3
Response:
Okay so today was crazy right? Me and Tigerhawk went out to mark the borders and see what was happening! So while we were walking to the north border we saw a fox and I thought that was pretty cool and I wanted to get a closer look but Tigerhawk said “auuuuu no Pixiepaw that’s dangeroussss!” and I’m thinking… no? It’s fine it’s just a fox I mean. Look at us. If we get hurt that fox will never see another day have you looked at some of the cats we got in our clan? Anyways uh, right so Tigerhawk and I met up with my brother Umberpaw and Goldencrown! They were also with Bullheart too they uh… um… something something mouse. I’ll skip over this part of the story I don’t remember. So me and Tigerhawk we finished with that and then we went to hunt! So I tried to fish cause I guess Tigerhawk wanted to see if I would be a good fish hunter maybe? Well I don’t understand why cause he’s a guard so I thought I was training to be a guard? Anyways uh we did that and when I caught a fish it flew up into the air right? And when it did an eagle came out of nowhere, grabbed the fish, and instantly went crashing straight into the water and Tigerhawk tried to escort me away but it was sooooo funny! Haha!

Word Count: 239
Last edited by canadianhowl on Thu May 09, 2024 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Tue May 07, 2024 10:32 am

hello! the april quest round has been judged! thank you to everyone who entered; i loved all your lore & the relationships between your kiddos !! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Tue May 07, 2024 4:20 pm

Username: Wretched.Felidae
Clan: (Please link)