Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby literal.swag. » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:57 am

Username: literal.swag.
Clan: wayward

Quest Number: one
Response:
    [ 241 words ]

it had been a long time coming. a violent quietness had been sneaking it’s way through their community for longer than many had known at first. slow, calculated, hesitant in its symptoms. anger grew amongst a select few, altering and sharpening the angle of their gaze, the length of their fangs, the tips of their whiskers. malevolence settled its roots comfortably within, unbeknownst to them. those few had been round up, quietly under the comfortable quilt of the night and tucked quickly away within the confines of cold cobblestone walls. questions were tested but no answers would be revealed. a city had been crafted; deeper within the heart of the suburbs, nestled behind a wide berth from the typical serenity. whispers rushed from cat to cat, fevered and frightened, curious and light. cobblestone walls were traded for homely ones, but even that would be temporary under the emergence of a new solution. a final one.

a cheerful glow casted a pink hue across the sleeping golden field. painting outlines of a pair of felines with a tranquil mulberry. an explosion; fiery, forceful, scorching. metal caught the glints of the first wiry golden tendrils, blinding those who dared to look upon its ascent to space.

■■■■■ are you sure about this? we don’t know what’s out there.” concern tumbled softly from her muzzle.
    “no. but i do know for the safety of my citizens, i am sure that they cannot stay here.”

Username: literal.swag.
Clan: the station

Quest Number: two
Response:

ᵕ̈ court || she/her || adult || adhd ridden ᵕ̈

hey y'all, just here to have fun! ♡
    please bare with me on trades!!
    toyhouse | cs storage

♡umas | the backseat lovers | crochet♡

current goals: collecting all dragons/dinosaurs!
literal.swag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am

Username: razr
Clan: tears of renatus

Quest Number: 1
Response:

The rain pounds hard on the metal overhangs. The clatter protects nothing except the nice windows they guard-- the lower folk will have to find their safety in less conventional places.

Here's one of those folk now.

Crouched under a dumpster Pariah shivers, their feet cringing away from the murky puddles invading their personal space.

Not that there's anywhere to go.

It's either be soaked from the bottom up or the top down, and at this point at least their shameful state is hidden from anyone that may be patrolling the streets. Soaked to the very bone, with no more meat on their body to shield them from the chill, they certainly aren't a very welcoming sight.

They watch the rain fall with wide, glassy eyes. They've grown used to the sight of alleys growing wet, but it never becomes any less dreadful.

They gnaw on a piece of bread they found. It stinks of rot, but it's quite certainly all they have.

It's always been like this.

Ever since Pariah knew what family was, they knew they were missing one. The closest they got to a mother or father was the bakers kind enough to give them their spare goods.

They don't do that anymore. Pariah's old and filthy enough now to get yelled at for loitering and panhandling.

Old enough to get glared at on the streets, to watch people clutch their bags close and turn their faces away. To know what the dirty glances mean.

A shiver wracks their body, stirs a feverish cough up and out of their diaphragm. The following groan does nothing to alleviate their discomfort-- in fact, it scratches at their throat to speak.

The bread is getting wet now. They don't have it in them to be picky though-- at least it makes it easy to swallow. Might be the only part of their situation that is.

--

The storms stop after a few days, but that seems to be the only highlight. Pariah's coughing is getting more frequent, morsels more few and far between. The rats stare like they have something to look forward to.

The suspicious stares, Pariah's weak mind notices, have started to turn to something somehow darker. Pity, and disgust. Ignorance. Acceptance.

The stares burn their skin, and the sun has started to follow. They don't really leave the shadows during the day anymore. There's nothing for them in the day.

It's night now, though. Their claws scrape on metal as they scramble out of a dumpster with nothing but a foul smell in their nose for the effort. They swipe their paw over their muzzle in an attempt to clear it, looking around the alley. No rats, bugs, still-edible trash, or even cardboard to stave their appetite.

A growl and a quick turn brings them back to the sidewalk, weaving between streetlamps. The mosquitoes and flies dart between the lightbulbs and their fur, but they've learned at this point that it's not worth trying to catch them. That's a kitten's game, and any prize they may get isn't worth the energy spent.

At this point, what is?

The swarm follows them past the window of the pharmacy. It's still open-- one of those silly 24 hour buildings-- but the stones weighing down their feet keep them from going inside. They don't have any money.

They watch the transaction inside go down. Watch the pretty gold coins get handed off to the vendor and the medicine placed in a bag, handed off without another care.

A cough rattles Pariah's ribs.

The customer leaves the shop with a tinkling of bells, humming to themselves as they carry the plastic bag above the dirty ground.

Like the now distracted swarm of flies, Pariah follows.

They don't know why. They don't know why they do much of anything anymore. Everything's just survival, everything's selfish desperation and last ditch efforts.

They're not a bad person.

They're really not.

But there are no more kitten games to play, and when they're running with a stranger's wallet and penicillin their paws are lighter than they ever had been.

Word Count: 684

my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter
- dm me for a joke >:)

jacqolantern on disc// TH // artfight

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:56 am

Username: galaxyy.
    Clan: the chasm

Response:

heavy footsteps laden with rage echo across a wide, stoney chamber, far beneath the frosted peaks reaching for the sky above. the sound reverberates off of distant grey and glimmering, jagged blue, but travels no further. the only entrance—a tunnel sealed by a sizeable boulder rolled in front of its mouth—holds within it an abundance of secrets, enveloped in its stone-wrought grasp.

secrets which were born within these walls and will die within them just the same.

an umber tail swishes indignantly as a dark figure paces forth for the hundredth time. "i can't believe she pulled that on us! that ungrateful little-!"

"now, now. easy, kestrel. what good will your hissy fit do save for giving us all yet another headache?" a ginger tabby interrupts, voice dripping with disdain. his eyes flutter shut as he busies himself with cleaning his already spotless paws.

the grey and white tom at his feet watches the exchange, aloof. his tufted ear twitches at the mention of the throbbing already making an unmourned return to his skull. if this buffoon doesn't quit his whining soon, i'll shut him up myself, he concludes, glancing down at his claws through narrowed eyes.

"quit your antagonizing and help me think of what to do, koi!" kestrelcry squawks, disgruntled.

a sigh. "have you considered, you know... murder?" his uninterested expression doesn't change in the slightest, despite the suggestion anyone else would've found highly disturbing. "i mean, that would get her out of our hair, would it not?"

wolfbane just nods in affirmation, not bothering to voice his opinion.

the previously reticent cat seated beside kestrel freezes, eyes widening ever-so-slightly. this subtle reaction doesn't go unnoticed.

"do you have a problem with that idea, verdin?" wolfbane queries, eyebrow quirked.

"w-well, no. just... wouldn't it make more sense to keep her around so we can act from behind the scenes?" he replies, an almost palpable tension evident throughout his body.

"that's what little sisters are for, no? in fact, it'd be even easier to manipulate one from such a young age, would it not?" the other counters, pausing for a moment and letting his words sink in. "you wouldn't happen to have some sort of, say... attachment to our dear spiritseeker, would you?"

verdinveil's eyes dart away, tail curling up around himself defensively. "no, n-no! of course not. i.. i just thought such an untimely death might rouse some suspicion," he offers quickly.

the lounging tabby holds his gaze on the other for a moment more before letting it drift to the side, eyebrows raising with undisguised dubiousness. "sure."

"suspect us? the high council? they know we'd have their heads on stakes if they even considered it for a second." koisplash chimes in from the side. "we aren't in these positions for nothing, verdin. they wouldn't dream of it. if anything, their distrust of each other should bring them closer to us and their new leader."

kestrel huffs, a sound of annoyance somehow tempered with smugness. "so it's settled, then?"

———————

a muffled shriek breaks through the early morning chatter in the subterranean ravine. tawny paws scurry with unbridled haste, swerving between the cats turning to gawk at them. they come to a screeching halt at the foot of the council—the four looking on with feigned confusion.

"what is it, mink?" wolfbane presses, eyeing his subordinate.

"i-it's lostlight!" they pant, fighting for their every breath. "she's- she's dead!"

gasps resound from even the farthest corners of the chasm. the residents mutter amongst themselves, frantic.

"she's what?!"
      "what do you mean she's dead?!"
      "how could this be..?!"

a small voice lifts up over the buzz of the quickly forming crowd. "minkfur, what are you saying..?" a little feline pads forth, face drawn with worry and confusion, brow furrowed. the crowd parts to let her through, respectful of her status even in their frenzied state.

mink rushes over to her, paws reaching for her shoulders, drawn claws forgotten in their haste, pinpricks in her blotchy fur. "your sister is-!"

"that's enough, minkfur." wolfbane warns, grabbing them by the scruff of their neck before they can finish, but he's too late.

"but th-that's... that's not possible, i just saw her moments ago when she left for the tunnels," everglow starts, in denial, voice muddled with uncertainty.

"i saw her drop dead right in front of me!" they cry, letting out a yelp as wolfbane's claws dig into their fur.

"no! she can't be dead! that's my SISTER!" she lunges forward, manic, rage painting her tear-ridden vision crimson.

well that certainly wasn't the reaction i was expecting, koisplash observes from a short distance away, amused.

kestrel catches her outstretched arm with ease, gazing down at her with a poor attempt at sympathy. "now isn't the time for this, little one. let's go."

she struggles for a minute, in vain—knowing that the older, battle-worn cat is far stronger than her in every sense of the word—before letting herself be pushed along towards her den, sobs racking her little body.

surely not. it can't be true.

she- she can't...

she can't be dead... can she..?

Word Count: 854 words
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairy king » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:20 pm

Username: fairy king
Clan: https://toyhou.se/FairyKing/characters/folder:4886173

Quest Number: 2
Response:
fairy king

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:40 am

[ Start of Round. ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies!! I'll have your prizes figured out soon!"

The current round has ended.

March Quests

Quest #1
olivionary -> 85 XP
Ember the Wolf -> 45 XP
Macabre. -> 70 XP
Hazelfang -> 105 XP
Thani -> 30 XP
Archaeopteryx. -> 60 XP
canadianhowl -> 30XP
Embergleam -> 35XP
ArithMedic -> 70XP
crexmii -> 45XP
.literal.swag. -> 70XP
razr -> 40XP + 30XP
galaxyy. -> 100XP

Quest #2
Ember the Wolf -> 50XP
Thani -> 22XP
Archaeopteryx. -> 50XP
crexmii -> 35XP
.literal.swag. -> 45XP
fairy king -> 50XP
Macabre. - 50XP

Quest #3
Ember the Wolf -> 30XP
Macabre. -> 20XP
Hazelfang -> 65XP
Thani -> 30XP
Archaeopteryx. -> 10XP
Embergleam -> 50XP
crexmii -> 20XP

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

olivionary -> 170 SD
Ember the Wolf -> 250 SD
Macabre. -> 280 SD
Hazelfang -> 340 SD
Thani -> 164 SD
Archaeopteryx. -> 240 SD
Embergleam -> 170 SD
ArithMedic -> 104 SD
crexmii -> 200 SD
.literal.swag. -> 230 SD
razr -> 140 SD
galaxyy. -> 200 SD

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for participating! I loved hearing about each of your Clans!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your hard work!"

Quest #1 - .literal.swag. & galaxyy.
+1 UR MYO each

Quest #2 - Archaeopteryx & fairy king
+1 R MYO each

Quest #3 - Hazelfang & Embergleam
+1 R MYO each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Draw or write about a time a cat has hurt another so much that it broke some sort of bond permanently.
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Draw about a cat who does not seem to understand what “personal space” is.
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Write about a cat who secretly hates another member of their Clan.
You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by elliott. on Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:32 pm

Username: Timid-Decidueye
Clan: x/x

Response: wip!

Response: Image

Quest Number: 3
Response: wip!
Word Count: [ # ]
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:03 pm

Last edited by néktar on Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:42 pm

Username: Macabre.
Clan: BirchClan

Quest Number: QUEST #1
Response:Draw or write about a time a cat has hurt another so much that it broke some sort of bond permanently. You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.
Word Count: {wc: 60 }SpiderStar + IvoryClaw + MarrowFang & MothWhisper

SpiderStar knew she was severing the bond of mother and daughter when she gave her kits to IvoryClaw to raise. While her kits will eventually grow to understand she never really wanted to be a mother, and by giving them up she gave them the best start to life, it still stings, and their relationship will never be the same.

Username: Macabre.
Clan: BirchClan

Quest Number:QUEST #2
Response:Draw about a cat who does not seem to understand what “personal space” is. You may only draw your response to this prompt.
Word Count: {wc: N/A}IvoryClaw + MarrowFang & MothWhisper

Last edited by Macabre. on Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:45 am

Username: ivyy.
Clan: ☽ Ashen Trail ☾ & ≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n

Response: tw: slight gore

tw: blood

Tail lashing, the moon lit her fur up similar to the thousands of stars in the sky, taking the darkness from where it should be. Her eyes darted and ivory claws glinted as they were retracted. Snowshell couldn't stand the view of what should've been hers- Thrushslip's grin nearly reached his ears as the two kits, resembling both of their well-loved parents, tumbled together, playing make-believe and play fighting as Snowshell and he once did. The places where their paws hit the ground left sand upturned, although the Empress didn't seem to mind the mess the two were making as they practiced their newly learned battle moves. Cherrybounce and her sister, Peachcrown, were next in line for the thrown, the thrown that should've been given to the Empress and Snowshells' litter. The one that the silver she-cat and her one true love never had the chance to have.

Eyes narrowing, she crouched, tearing up the sandy grass below her feet, the moon barely reaching her as a cloud passed over it, almost as though the sky was shielding the moon from shining on her. Snowshell couldn't stand that even StarClan couldn't give a fish's scale about her. They only wanted the important ones, the ones everyone knew and loved. Grief had etched her heart, leaving space for anger to overcome it. She should have found Tansy way back then- she should have been the first choice, never the second. To be the one who is loved instead of liked, though, was a tragedy Snowshell knew she could never avoid, no matter how the stars showed or how the moon refused to see her for who she was and who she could be. With her paws bleeding green from the thoroughly destroyed blades of grass, she shrank back into the shadows, unwilling to be reminded over and over again of the scene she could've been a part of. The branches of the oak trees above her shifted and groaned, perhaps in equivalent anger or perhaps in hatred of her, the latter being much more likely. Her paws made dents in the rugged, sandy earth, the grass below her an unwelcome feeling as she made her way through OceanClan's territory.

The splash of the river and rustling of bushes told her what she needed to know- Anala and her precious gang had not forgotten about their arrangement, much less forgotten about Snowshell herself. Pushing her way through the dense and no longer sandy undergrowth, she spotted her target cat. Anala rose from her elegantly seated position, Burningsky and two unfamiliar black and white toms flanking her. Burningsky sat nearby, her cougar companion towering over her own "empress". Snwoshell rolled her eyes at Burningsky's smug expression, her face flushing with embarrassment that she had to enlist... that narcissistic she-cat. Anala purred loudly from across the river bank, flicking her tail as a signal for the two black toms to stay utterly silent. "Nice to see you again, love." Snowshell shook her head and swished her tail across the floor, "Don't call me love. I just want to get this over with." Anala raised her paw as a sign of patience, "Please, dear. That's the next order of business. Why don't we catch up, hm? How's that dream family of yours treating you?" Burningsky smiled smugly as Snowshell bristled, "Clearly not well if she's seeing us against her little love's leadership." The toms cackled quietly but Anala sent the outspoken she-cat a stern warning glance that held promise of future punishments.

"Don't pay attention to her, she's angry just like you, love." Snwoshell's head swarmed with thoughts, unwelcome ones with shadows crawling among them and fierce voices screaming at her to do what she knew she had to. "Anala, it's Thrushslip. It's not Tansy's fault, it's his. He knew everything and yet..." Her voice trailed off solemnly but her as her claws dug into the ground below her once again, she couldn't help feeling some remorse she hadn't already done what she'd been planning to do for seasons. "I know, I know, darling. That's why we want you to have this." The fluffy, pale ginger she-cat tilted her head in the direction of the younger appearing tom with a heavily scarred ear. "This is Thistle. Thistle will be one of your new favorite cats." A sinister, low chuckle escaped the commanding she-cat's lips. "He will serve you how you wish but in return, you give him the chance to finish a job his father-" her ear flicked towards the older black and white tom, "-had never been able to finish." As she spoke, Thistle nodded obediently to her words, stretching his stocky form before slinking into the river and swimming towards Snowshell to the other side of the bank.

Snowshell blinked slowly and nodded a greeting to the tom when drenched, he arrived to stand next to her. "Briar." He hissed through his teeth. Snowshell searched his eyes suspiciously but could only see a reflection of her cold green gaze. Anala turned and curled her tail happily, summoning the remaining two cats. "Good luck, silver gladiator." Her brutal gaze swept over her shoulder, resting on Snowshell. "Take care of what you have to- stop for nothing, you hear? Good evening." And with that, the leader and her two goons slunk back into the murky undergrowth and into the darkness of the Ashen Trails' Forests.

---

Thrushslip held a bundle of bright red poppies in his tan jaws, strong teeth holding them ever so gently for who anyone would assume was the Empress, Tansystar. Snowshell's eyes flashed viciously, her claws etching the tree bark below her as she gripped for support on the twisting oak branch, a layer of green leaves shielding her pelt from being seen while she looked down at her frie- no, her target. He'd fall right into her claws like prey at any moment, it would be as easy as that. Over much quicker than it had been going on. Bunching her muscles, Thrushslip sniffed a dandelion below Snowshell's hiding place among the creaking, salty-smelling trees. Before the gentle tom could even process what was happening, she dropped from the tree and onto his back, digging her claws for purchase, he flung her around in bewilderment, still not registering who his attacker was. She held on, reaching for the back of his neck and letting her teeth disappear into the curly fur that had before been her only source of company and friendship. What happened to them? The memories only made her bite down harder as he writhed and cried out below her, powerless to his hunter.

"Please! Stop!" He cried, still bucking as the iron taste of blood filled her nose and mouth. Suddenly, Snowshell lost her grip and her winning position, being rolled over and exposed on her belly as the panting Thrushslip pinned her down by her shoulders, "Snowshell!" He whispered, horrified. "Wha- I... were you trying to kill me?" His eyes weren't filled with fury and hatred like hers, the only thing in them was depths of sorrow and even... disappointment? How could he have the right to feel either? Snowshell twisted and tried kicking him off to no avail, he held her firmly, his blood running in tiny streams down the back of his neck, dripping onto her chest and staining it red. "How could you? After everything we've been through?" The hunt was lost. Snowshell had lost.

Forcing her eyes closed, she awaited death to claim her as her punishment- soon to be rotting in the depths of the Dark Forest. When the heavy weight lifted, she opened her eyes to a scene of red and green, blades of grass smashed under her weight, and a bundle of poppies near them- the petals ripped from their bulbs. Thrushslip was nowhere to be seen, a trail of small velvet drops leading out of the grassy clearing and towards OceanClan. Her eyes shut again and she remained still against the soft grass, her heart slowing to a pace she could understand.

Never would she ever see the cat her heart belonged to grow old- Thrushslip eyes would forever hold that disappointment, and their kits would grow to hate their trusted Gladiator. She was expecting to be exiled or worse- killed. So when she cleaned up and returned to OceanClan camp, she was surprised to see it was as it had been before- nobody acknowledged her at all.
Word Count: [1,426 words]

Response: fennel x dust
anyone else but you

Response: aidan vs. mallowwhisper

"I can't stand Mallowwhisper." Aidan whispered, wrapping his tail arrogantly around his paws. Winston, his tortoise companion, stood stationary next to him, chewing on a pile of weeds Aidan had been stocking up for him to eat. Bloomberry hummed quietly as she listened to her partner in crime, running a gentle paw through a small braid she had been working on at the back of his "mane". Bloomberry replied evenly, "Well, why do you feel that way? Mallowwhisper seems like a decent she-cat." Bloomberry paused and shifted over to the empty side next to him, brushing her tail reassuring along his back and resting it over his tail, her twisted leg splayed behind her, something she always did when she senses his frustration or sorrow- in this case, his anger towards the cat. Aidan kept his gaze on Mallowwhisper as she conversed with Kestrel about the weather and the best places to hunt.

Aidan sighed and rolled his shoulders, leaning against Bloomberry, enjoying her warmth and comfort as they sat in silence. Finally, he broke the silence with an answer, "I... I don't know! She just seems so fluid and.. and comfortable with us! She just joined- usually, it takes longer than two days for a cat to feel comfortable. It took me much longer." Bloomberry listened thoughtfully, allowing Aidan to gush his thoughts as they cuddled, listening to the sound of Winston chewing on his weeds. Bloomberry hummed again, a gentle, soft rhythm Aidan adored. "Well, at least you had me. We became friends pretty fast. Mallowwhisper, like you said, just got here and yes, she may look comfortable but we don't know that she truly is." Aidan nodded slowly, he knew his companion was right- she always was when it came to things like this. "Are you sure there isn't some other reason why you don't like her?" Aidan's shoulders drooped and his ears weighed in the heavy air, giving Bloomberry the hint she knew exactly what the answer was. "She reminds you of your sister."

Aidan nodded again, this time feeling his heart ache as he remembered the goodbye he shared with Kiara. Kiara was his littermate, the only one who survived the long journey he and his littermates had gone on to get to the sanctuary of OceanClan. During their journey, she met a tom whom they would stay with throughout the winter. He was a house cat, a kittypet as they call it in OceanClan, who lived in a hunter's big cabin in the woods at the entrance of the valley. Kiara and Caelum, the kittypet, had begun to fall in love over the winter the pair of siblings had spent there. Eventually, when they left and reached OceanClan, Aidan knew Kiara only came to ensure he made the journey safely. They split and she went back to Caelum's cabin while Aidan stayed in OceanClan and fell in love with Bloomberry. Mallowwhisper doesn't look like Kiara did but she acts just like her.

Mallowwhisper spotted Aidan from across the cave clearing and waved, a small, shy smile on her face. Aidan lifted a paw, gently waving back at her. Aidan couldn't help but feel a bit of pressure fall from his chest as she fiddled with the flower by her ear, returning to her conversation with Kestrel.

Exactly what Kiara used to do when meeting someone new.
Word Count: [588 words]
Last edited by ivyy. on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:29 am

Username: Hazelfang
Clan: The Blessed Lupus

Response:

The dilute calico tom watched, his eyes filled with immense pride and joy as he watched the ceremony take place before him. Beneath the overhanging branches of the great Tree of Gathering sat a beautiful cream-colored she-cat with her tail neatly atop her paws. Before her was a shy young she-cat, preparing to be named a softpaw and accept the older she-cat as her mentor. An adoring purr rumbled in his chest as he heard the Sybil Superior name Nutmegfluff the new mentor for Harvest. As he opened his jaws to call out their names in a cheer of joy, an enraged voice pierced the night sky.

"She is not one of us! She is a traitor!", their words rang out from within the throng of cats, echoing off of the surrounding trees. A black tabby tom marched forward, the cats in front of him hurrying out of his way as he traveled towards the stump of the tree. His head was held high and his eyes glimmered with malice. As he passed each cat their fur stood on end and ears pinned back in utter disbelief.

A hiss sounded from the back of the crowd, "Outrageous! What are you trying to say, Juncoflint?" Yet the tom walking forward paid no mind, his tail lashed from behind him like claws slicing the breeze. His eyes were focused on the newly appointed mentor who met his gaze with a furious one of her own. The very tip of her ears twitched, yet she spoke not a single word.

A traitor? What could he mean? the calico tom thought to himself, his eyes narrowed as he followed Juncoflint's path towards his mate. Before he could get a word out to question, voices erupted from the gathered cats.

"A traitor? There's no way"

"He's certainly lying, why would there be a traitor?"

"But why would he lie?"

"We should hear him out!"

"Silence!" a loud, firm voice spoke out. Larkblossom, the Kin's intimidating sybil superior, stood atop the lower branches of the Tree of Gathering. Her own eyes, a brilliant blue, were blazing with fury as she gazed down upon Juncoflint. "How dare you interrupt me during the sacred softpaw ceremony?" The she-cat's tail lashed back and forth, her claws sunken deep into the branch's wood. The crowd of cats had gone eerily quiet, watching the exchange between their temporary leader and the guardian.

The black tom glared up at her, refusing to back down, "I do.. apologize for interrupting your ceremony. However, you absolutely cannot name Harvest to be Nutmegfluff's softpaw." He turned his gaze toward the cream-colored she-cat below the tree branches. Beside her was the small tortie she-cat Harvest, trembling under the cloud of furious energy emanating from her kinmates. The older she-cat wrapped her tail around the trembling figure, pulling her close into her fur.

With narrowed eyes and a growl grumbling in her throat, the she-cat spoke, "What are you sa-"

"She is nothing but a disgusting traitor! She killed Kestrelspirit!" the tom hissed in outrage, his claws unsheathing and his lips pulling back to reveal a sinister snarl. Shocked gasps burst from the gathered cats followed by befuddled murmurs.

Upon hearing those words, Nectarflick felt his heart clench tightly within the confines of his chest. Bile bubbled within his throat, threatening to escape as nausea overtook him. Killed? There's no way.. he has to be lying! he thought to himself as he attempted to steady his quivering body.

The interim leader raised her voice above the frenzied meows, "That is a severe accusation you're making, Juncoflint. I hope you have something to back up your words." Her voice dripped with menace, her eyes glimmering with suspicion. It was evident how hard she was attempting to conceal her emotions. After all, Nutmegfluff was incredibly loved within the Kin and had served them well as a Ministra. It would be difficult for anyone to believe she could be a murder.

Could I believe she's a murder? the tom asked himself silently, yet shook the thought away in an instant. Unable to grasp at such a cruel idea. Surely his mate was not a murderer.

The tom's snarl turned into a wicked sneer as he whipped his head to face Nutmegfluff. Anxiety coursed through Nectarflick, burning like liquid flames within his veins. "Of course, I wouldn't make such an accusation without any support. And it's not like Nutmegfluff did it alone." His muzzle turned to address the crowd, "There are several traitors amongst the Kin that have been devising a plan to murder our Magister." While scanning the crowd of cats, his eyes fell upon a blue-cream tortie tom sitting amongst the other servus. "I have witnessed it myself. The secret meetings with Stagstride and Hickorystump. I even saw Sparrowwhistle and Howlburn. But I am not the only one who saw it all happen. Tell them, Mothsight!"

A young lilac and cream colored servus stepped forward, her eyes focused between her paws. "I sincerely apologize for interrupting the sacred ceremony, Larkblo- I mean Sybil Superior. Yet, Juncoflint's words are true." His heart clenched tighter and his body hunched over from the pain. Her words echoed within the chaotic state his mind was in, "Juncoflint's words are true". Mothsight was well-loved and trusted. Nectarflick himself had a paw in training her. It was always evident that she has spiritual abilities and a unique connection to the spirits. Yet, could she really be telling the truth?

The interim leader leaned over the branch with narrowed eyes, "What exactly did you see, Mothsight?" She asked firmly, causing the younger cat to flinch under her intense gaze.

After a trembling breath, the she-cat spoke once more. "I noticed Stagstride had been leaving pretty frequently from the servus den, even when we were fully stocked on herbs. Around that time I had been having a lot of nightmares and just had a bad feeling. So I followed him one day... I followed him all the way to the furthest extent of our territory. Hickorystump and Sparrowwhistle were there. I heard them talk-talk.." her voice began to crack from the effort she made to hold back her tears.

"Please, continue Mothsight," Larkblossom spoke, remaining firm in her words but softening her tone ever so slightly to encourage the young cat to speak.

With a deep breath, the she-cat nodded and continued. "They were talking about how it was a success that Kestrelspirit was dead. How they were guaranteed leadership as long as Hickorystump or Howlburn participated in the Renatus Ceremony." Her words trailed off as she heard cries of disbelief from behind her. The she-cat recoiled further into her body, hoping to disappear into her own fur.

"Howlburn? You must be mistaken!"

"There must be some mistake! Are you sure you heard them correctly?"

The outcries reverberated within his mind. His body was frozen in complete shock as he stared forward at the cowering young she-cat. She wasn't lying, she couldn't be. Mothsight wouldn't lie. Would Nutmegfluff lie though? His eyes wandered towards his mate who had remained still and stoic this entire time, her tail still wrapped around Harvest. Not a single emotion could be detected from her expression. The sight of her so emotionless struck his heart with fear and doubt.

Larkblossom looked down at them, her eyes failing to reveal even a semblance of her true emotions as well. Yet, unlike Nutmegfluff, her body failed to react in the same manner. Her claws were piercing the bark beneath her even further and the fur along the spine of her tail stood on end. "I understand what you saw, Mothsight. But this is a rather serious accusation. I'll need more than just statements. And I need to hear their side too." The she-cat turned her gaze towards the other named cats who had stayed silent this entire time.

"They're traitors, why would they tell the truth to you now?" Juncoflint hissed out angrily. "And it wasn't just Mothsight and I that saw them. I have checked with other cats too!" The tom turned to face a black and orange she-cat sitting nearby. "Right, Cherryshroud?"

Cherryshroud slowly nodded, "I didn't hear what they said... but I can confirm that I did see Hickorystump, Nutmegfluff, and Sparrowwhistle meet up together. Near the border."

"Now why would a marauder, ministra, and guardian meet up alone without telling anyone why?" Juncoflint questioned, the glint of malice sparkling in his eyes. "You saw them too a different time, didn't you, Rheagleam?"

The marauder she-cat nodded as she walked forward, "I also saw Stagstride, Howlburn, and Nutmegfluff meet up. I only heard a little bit, talk about not being caught and their 'mission'. I spotted them when I was hunting for my marauder patrol along the border near the humans."

Nectarflick watched in dismay as the cats around them beginning murmuring louder, now with accusatory glances towards the named traitors. From within his chest, his heart was pounding as if trying to escape from his own body. The forest and cats around him were spinning. A chaotic swirl of green, brown, and black enshrouded his vision, making it difficult to hear the words spoken. The conversation had continued on as Larkblossom asked more questions only to get more startling answers. But their conversation had fallen onto Nectarflick's deaf ears. It's just a bad dream... none of it can be true... he told himself. He tried so desperately to latch onto the idea that this was all in his head, that nothing they were saying were true. That his beloved surely could not be the treacherous traitor they were accusing her of being.

It felt like an entire season had passed with him sitting there, unmoving. The cats around him had shuffled away from the alleged traitors while Larkblossom and the three Legatus tried their best to calm everyone down. Yet what was done was done. There was no turning back from what Mothsight, Cherryshroud, Rhegleam, and Juncoflint had said. How would anyone trust the traitors after what their kinmates just revealed? How can I trust Nutmegfluff?

A small, nervous voice spoke from in front of him, breaking him from his thoughts. "Nectarflick?"

Lifting his head slowly, he was met with the sorrowful gaze of his mate in front of him. Her soft blue eyes were clouded in tears as she looked up at him pleadingly. "Please believe me, Nectarflick. Our feelings were true, I promise! I-I really lo-"

The tom turned his head away from her, avoiding eye contact with her. "Enough lies, Nutmegfluff...." His voice ached in sorrow as he choked back tears of his own. It felt as if his heart was irreparably shattering into fragments of dust, his stomach twisting in agony. Yet he refused to look her in the eyes. He absolutely couldn't. Seeing that sorrowful gaze in her eyes would break him. And he couldn't be broken. She's a traitor.... Everything was a lie...

The she-cat's head fell in dismay, her tears staining the dirt beneath her a deep brown. With a slow shake of her head, she murmured quietly so only he could hear, "I am sorry... I will never hurt you again." With those words, she let the guardians herd her and the other traitors towards the entrance of the camp. As she walked away, Nectarflick could feel a part of him leave with her. A part of him that he could never, ever recover. He would never forgive her.

Word Count: 1917 words

Cats Involved: Juncoflint, Nutmegfluff, and Nectarflick
Response:

In the silence of the night, beneath the shining moonlight and twinkling stars, a life had found their way to the living realm. Within the shelter of the carefully constructed nursery, a cream-colored she-cat lay on her side, her flanks heaving with effort and exhaustion. Beside her was the tiny body of a flame-colored kit, buried within her warm belly fur. A loving purr rippled through the air as a calico tom watched the pair from behind the she-cats head. He leaned over, comfortingly licking the fur between her ears. Under his breath, he murmured adoring words of encouragement, "You've done wonderful, Nutmegfluff. Our son is absolutely gorgeous, just like you."

Nutmegfluff, with eyes shut tight, rasped out a purr back at him. Due to her weary, she was unable to fully respond, but the love emanating from her was apparent enough. The tiny kit, sensing the vibrations from her mother's purr, snuggled himself closer to her. Practically hidden within the fluff of her belly.

From just outside the den, a pair of pinkish amber eyes watched the small family. Glistening white claws sunk deep into the dirt, roots and grass ripping out from the ground beneath. A growl escaped from the onlooker, his lip curling back to reveal teeth as bright as the midnight moon. "You wretch," the tom muttered near-silently under his breath as his eyes glimmered with a fiery hatred. The black tabby's tail lashed from behind him, an aura of loathing exuded from every bit of his entirety. "You'll suffer," he vowed to himself as his gaze bore into the happy couple.

"Juncoflint? If everything okay? Who is suffering?" In an instant, the black tabby tom allowed his fur to fall flat and sheathed his claws. He whipped around to face the cat who approached him, the veil of animosity enveloping him dissipating in the blink of an eye.

He let out a smooth mew, "Oh, yes, Fallowbounce. Everything is okay. I was commenting how relieved I am that Nutmegfluff did not seem to suffer in labor." His gaze now held a soft glow as he watched the young servus pad towards the nursery slowly. The fawn tom poked his head into the den, making eye contact with Nectarflick who slow blinked in response.

As he stepped back out of the nursery, Fallowbounce slowly nodded, "Certainly a relief, I didn't expect her to kit so soon." The tom's shoulders fell in relief, he seemingly shook the stress free from his fur. "I am happy to see Nectarlfick was able to help her kit so smoothly. I can imagine how stressed he was.

Juncoflint's teeth gritted, but her forced a smile while replying to the younger cat, "Certainly. It's non easy feat maintaining such calm while your mate is in such a.... vulnerable state." A true pity, he thought to himself in displeasure.

The younger tom seemed to not notice the envy dripping from his kinmate's words as he continued on, "Oh, most definitely! Nectarflick is an incredible servus, I am so lucky he was able to mentor me."

The black tabby slowly nodded, but his eyes returned to the nursery opening. So lucky, indeed.... he thought to himself once more. But they won't be so lucky when I am done with them.

✧✧✧

Since the birth of Vermilion, two peaceful and uneventful seasons had passed on. The once kit, was now a softpaw, under the mentorship of Pinetwig to become a stalker. His parents, despite his more "independent" age, still watched over him as if they were his shadows. Overprotective was a light way of putting how they were with him, but he never seemed to mind too much in the eyes of his kinmates. The young cat had grown into a pretty mature cat, always accompanied with his tiny skink friend and with a warm smile on his face. Juncoflint hated it.

Just as any other day, the black tabby tom was sitting outside the camp walls with his eyes secured onto the horizon. Although he appeared as if he was simply meticulously attending to his guardian duties, he was skulking inwardly. His thoughts weaved a venomous web of envy and hatred within the cavern of his mind. Those two scatbrains are never away from that stupid kit. How will I ever get revenge if there are eyes on him at all times? The tom tore at the Earth's flesh beneath his powerful paws, dirt and small rocks lodging themselves into the crevices of his paws. A threateningly low growl of frustrated reverberated deep within his chest, I'll just have to find another way to exact my revenge.

As he remained in his guardian position, pondering his wicked plans, a familiar voice sounded from somewhere behind him. "I really appreciate this, Stagstride. It'll help to know where the borage is myself in case a queen ever needs it." Well, speak of the wretch.

The voice of a tom followed her's, gruff and dismissive, "Yeah, yeah. I just needed to get out of camp. It's so stuffy in there."

From the corner of his eye, Juncoflint noticed the two cats slowly exiting the camp, padding next to eachother. He turned briefly towards them, giving a blunt nod. The servus tom nodded back in response while Nutmegfluff called out sweetly, "We will be back soon! Stagstride is just showing me some herbs. If anyone asks, tell them we won't be gone long." With that, the she-cat trotted off with her tom companion. The black tabby's gaze followed the two, a cruel smile creasing his lips. A new plan was in motion.

Swiftly and silently, the tom moved into the undergrowth, using his dark-colored fur to his benefit. If I am quick, no-one will notice I left my post... besides, I can always say I thought I smelled a fox. He assured himself mentally as he cautiously trailed behind the two cats. Their voices were hardly audible from the distance he was keeping, but he didn't dare get any closer. Although the two were not trained stalkers or guardians, the servus did have a refined sense of smell due to his medically-inclined senses. Too close and Juncoflint would surely be caught eavesdropping.

The tom trailed behind the two for a while longer, until they were near the very edges of the Kin's territory. An area notoriously dead of prey and flora alike. "Interesting..." he whispered to himself silkily, delight rushing through him. "My instincts seem to be correct." As he creeped closer to the pair, a third voice spoke from beyond them.

"Took you long enough," a tom spoke, his voice not readily apparent to Juncoflint.

"We couldn't follow too closely, Hickory. Otherwise, we'd be suspicious." He heard Nutmegfluff speak, a hint of annoyance tinging her tone.

[/i]Hickorystump? He was on duty to guard the upper ledge above camp. What is he doing here?[/i] Yet his thoughts were interrupted once more, "Good point. You're pretty clever, Nutmeg." The red-colored tom purred out flirtatiously.

A scoff. "Cut the act, Hickory. You don't need to act that way around me." Nutmegfluff hissed out in disgust before adding, "Besides. Your actual mate is here, show him some respect."

What could she me- "Don't worry, Nutmeg. I am used to it. The sooner we get this finished, the sooner we can go home and return to normal... at least for a little while." Stagstride spoke, his voice withholding any semblance of emotions.

Juncoflint could hardly believed his ears and knew he needed to get closer to see the cats for himself. He discreetly dragged himself along the forest floor, pressing his body as low to the ground as he possibly could. His black fur lended to his disguise, making him appear practically invisible amongst the shadowy vegetation. After a few more precise strides, the tom could now see the three cats clearly. The handsome reddish tom known as Hickorystump was sitting casually atop a slab of stone, his fluffy tail wrapped around his paws. His eyes were studying Nutmegfluff who was standing beside the blue-cream tom, Stagstride. Juncoflint pricked his ears as he heard them begin to speak once more.

"Anyways, that's enough of that. We need to revise our plan. Now that my son is a softpaw, I should have more time to help out."

Stagstride let out an irritated snort, "Yeah, thanks again for setting us back two seasons. Just couldn't help yourself, could you?" He glared at the she-cat bitterly.

Her eyes narrowed and the fur along her spine slowly began to raise. "I was trying to blend in! How can they trust us if we aren't truly one of them?" she hissed out with her tail lashing from behind her.

The blue-cream cat rolled his eyes, stepping forward to go beside Hickorystump. "Right, right. You can lie to us, but you can't lie to yourself. You've gone soft."

The she-cat's blue eyes appear to burst into flames, a raging blue fire glistening from her gaze. With lightning speed, the she-cat's claws slid out and she lunged forward at the tom, knocking him into the ground. A thud sounded upon the tom's landing on the ground, the breath completely knocked out of him. He groaned in pain as Nutmegfluff placed her outstretched claws right above his head. "Don't ever call me soft!" she hissed out, spitting poisonously onto his stunned face.

From behind her, Hickorystump had quickly rushed over, growling with rage. But before he could attack the she-cat, Stagstride let out an annoyed cry, "Stop! We aren't here to fight, we are here to plan." The tom turned his attention to the she-cat pinning him down, "I'm sorry, Vizna. I won't say it again. Now please let me up?"

Juncoflint watched the interaction with his eyes narrowed, his heart sinking upon realizing Hickorystump wasn't going to attack the enraged she-cat. I've never seen a Ministra move like that, he thought to himself curiously, now grateful he didn't try murdering as he had originally planned.

The cream-colored cat huffed hotly as she slowly stepped off the larger tom. With little care, she sat herself down and began licking her claws clean. Between strokes, she eyed the two toms who now watched her warily, "Very well, then. If you two can stay quiet for a few moments, I can tell you the new plan. Kestrelspirit will still die, we will just have to do things a little differently."

His black ears pinned against his head upon hearing those words. Yet, instead of the dread for the danger his leader was in, a flicker of triumph lit from within him. This was exactly what he needed. His instincts truly were correct. The evil wretch would finally get her overdue revenge. The tom slowly turned around, not bothering to hear the plan the she-cat had devised. For him, his Magister's life did not matter. For he had bigger plans with this knowledge. Plans that would finally destroy Nutmegfluff and free Nectarflick from her manipulative shackles.

Word Count: 1833 words

Response:

Word Count: n/a
Last edited by Hazelfang on Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me