Adoptable Equidius (CLOSED!) by KaiKenNatsuki

Based on Click to view
Artist KaiKenNatsuki [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Adoptable Equidius (CLOSED!)

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 am

Sorry it is so simple, I don't have much time to make a very good one but next time I swear I will!

Okee, so this is what I have for now :3 You can take a try for it if you like it.
The gender is up to you, the winner keeps it.

Form:

Code: Select all
[center][u]Equidius Form[/u][/center]
[b]Equidius Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (from yearling to about thirty. Forty if the horse is absolutely ancient and on death's door)
[b]Gender:[/b] (mare or filly)
[b]Size:[/b] 12 hands
[b]Position in herd:[/b] [Breeding mare (mares only), defender (mares or stallions), forager (mares or stallions), foal (unranked)]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Basic History[/b]

[center][u]Your Form[/u][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Do you have an Equidius yet?[/b]
[b]Why do you want one?[/b]
[b]What will you do with it?[/b]

Please make sure to fill the form in BEFORE the contest ends ^^

It ends in the 6th of December, Tuesday (next week).
---------------

Winner: Faint
Congratulations ^^ Thank you everybody who entered!

Equidius (c) Verdana
Last edited by KaiKenNatsuki on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
: - Art Shop - : - Fursonas - : - Characters - :- Adopt a teenie WAG! - : ADOPT ME!
All W.A.S. owners, please visit here!
"There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, I felt it. When you can harness all that, you'll have a power that no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoptable Equidius

Postby Temperance. » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:36 am

[Absolutely gorgeous!!! Totally entering <3]

Equidius Form
Equidius Name: Furtună [Means Storm in Romanian]
Size: 12 hands
Position in herd: Defender

Getting to Know me wrote:Personality:
Furtună is, above all things, fierce. She has a lot of fight in her, mainly due to her filly-hood and some of the things she's been through. Though Furtună has a deep love for the youngsters of the herd she can be somewhat stand-offish to others, particularly other mares. She's more comfortable among the stallions, preferring their relaxed company to the chatter of females.

Liкεs
Fighting
Helping Defend the Herd
Fillies and Colts
Exploring
Running
Thinking of the outside world
Patroling
Being beneficial to the herd

Ɖiʂlɪкεs
א Chattery and obnoxious mares
א Narrow paths
א Being stuck somewhere
א Gorges with spine-rocks at the bottom
א Anything dangerous to the herd
א Narrow-minded Equidius
א Being useless
א Her temper

Story/History

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Furtună's Tale: The Naming & Disappearance wrote:The sound of wind whistled softly through the caverns deep below the earth. For just as above the surface there once existed a world of sounds and wonders, so below the earth there had developed a subterranean world of equal greatness and majesty. It was into this new Earth that a little filly slipped into the world. During a time of fear and uncertainty the new life was still rejoiced, albeit in a slightly subdued manner. The mother of the filly debated many types of names for her daughter, she wanted a name to be chosen that would accurately reflect their feelings towards their daughter, as well as one that might guide her life. A name, you see, is a powerful thing, and the new mother knew this very well. And so it was that, after much inward examination and thought, the mare decided on a name. "You, my little star, will have a great name. One to fear and admire, for you shall be called Furtună. The name for 'Storm' in the ancient language of my forefathers." And so it was. The young filly had her name, and the family felt complete.

Her father and mother were both mighty defenders of the herd, Furtună was weaned on stories of the things they'd done, and descriptions of the prowess they possessed. Was it surprising then that the little filly had it in her head to be as great as them? Her poor parents had no inkling of the ideas and thoughts they were putting into their daughters head, and when one day she vanished from all knowledge within the herd they were horrified and devastated. And the search to find Furtună began.

Furtună's Tale: The Pain of Finding and Losing wrote:Furtună wheeled on her spindly legs as she came to another dead end cave. I thought FOR SURE I was going the right way this time. She thought to herself, the first feelings of fear were tickling her now, it wasn't that she was afraid of creatures down below, but more that she missed her family and wanted to get back to them. The prospect that she might never see her mother and father again was more terrifying than anything. Forcing thoughts like that out of her head the little filly straightened and puffed out her chest. I'm a defender of the herd! NOTHING scares me. She thought to herself, picturing the way she had seen some of the defenders stand. Proud and noble, no fear at all. That was how the defenders stood, and if she was going to be one of them she'd have to stand like that as well. It was, perhaps, a daunting task to most. But to the little Storm it seemed a small feat to accomplish. All she wanted was to make her parents proud of her, and more than that, to gain respect and love from the Herd. And that in itself was enough motivation for her to not feel discouraged or daunted in the least. She had secretly snuck away from the herd intentionally with one goal in mind. She would find the herd more food. It wasn't really the task of a defender, but surely it would prove she had bravery right? Furtună had heard whispers in the shadows from the older mares and other defenders that food was growing scarcer. It seemed only natural to her little filly mind that she should go at once and try to solve the problem. Deep in the wilderness of the caves though, Furtună found that she was not quite so certain of the wisdom of this plan.

Time passed, how long Furtună had no inkling of, all she knew was that she was growing hungrier and more tired. Though that instinctual knowledge all creature's possess warned her against the danger of allowing herself to fall into the deep sleep that would claim her life, and so she traveled on. Weary, tired, and far too focused on putting one hoof in front of another to feel any fear, Furtună made her way through yet another set of winding tunnels. It was inevitable in a way, Furtună's young, weak, body just couldn't handle the stress she had forced upon it, and so, still fighting the urge to lie down and sleep, the little filly slowly sank to the ground.....and found her nose mere inches away from the glowing fungus that was the staple diet of all Equidius. With what strength she still had, the little filly managed to pull herself close enough to the life-giving plant that she was able to swipe a few mouthfuls. Though her chewing was slow and laboured she did manage to swallow much of the food, filling her belly methodically, albeit slowly. Furtună lay there for a long time, but when finally she allowed herself to drift to sleep it was not the life-claiming kind any longer. The much needed sustenance had enabled her to live another day.

When Furtună woke she felt stronger than she had in the past few days, though she was still bone-weary and homesick. Still, there was nothing for it but to stand up and carry on. And that was precisely what she did. Slow hoofsteps carried her further down the narrow, winding trail, she made sure to always stay near the life-giving fungus and stopped often to feed. The track narrowed significantly, but for a small filly who was still very light the path was regarded with naught but a clinical disinterest. In fact, she had just crossed the thinnest part of the path and stepped onto a solid plateau when the sound of ringing hoofsteps on stone could be heard. Freezing, filled with equal parts of hope and dread, the filly stood silent and listened again. Yes. It was unmistakeable. The sound of her own kind, a fellow herd-mate. Calling now with her little filly voice Furtună prayed that some-horse would answer. "Hello?? Is anyone there? Can anyone help me?" Her voice echoed hollowly on the slick cave walls and sent a shiver through the small Equidius. Suddenly the sight of her two parents greeted her. Standing on the other side of the cave. "My little star! We've found you! Do not fear, we'll come get you." This last statement puzzled her, why should she fear? Were they not here and she safe? Puzzled, the little filly watched their slow journey towards her. By now several other Defenders had arrived and were watching the two adult defenders with wariness and worry. To the relief of everyone present they made it across to their daughter easily enough. Furtună was quickly subjected to much nuzzling and relief-filled words, along with plenty of declarations of love mixed in with rebukes for her "silly adventure", and "wandering off". Too happy and tired to care about the fussing she allowed them to nudge her towards the narrow path. Had she been more awake and paying closer attention, she would have duly noted the silence that suddenly fell between her parents and the sudden tenseness in their steps. It was not till a resounding 'Crack!' was heard that the little appaloosa filly realized something was terribly wrong. "Wha-?" But she was cut off from speaking by the sudden violent shove her mother gave her. "Run my little star! And don't look back! We're right behind you, and-and we'll always be with you no matter what!" A sudden fear grabbed hold of Furtună's little filly heart, but she dared not look back and she dared not stay put. Acquiescing to her mother's request instead, she bolted across the narrow path, stopping at a sturdier outcropping to whirl and locate her parents. They were trying to pick their way across the crackling path, heads tossing and eyes rolling with fear. It was then that the loudest 'Boom' Furtună would ever hear tore through the cavern. And in that moment she knew true horror as her heart stopped. For a single, frozen, moment in time, Furtună found herself staring into her mother and fathers eyes. And it was there that she saw great love, pride, sadness, and a terrible resolve.....and then that moment was gone. With a final shock-filled screech, the devoted parents of Furtună fell with the chunks of gray stone, cast into the depths of the cavern and to the spine filled bottom, from which they would never return.

Furtună's Tale: Defender of the Herd wrote:A silent sentinel to the world, or what was left of it. If the stories some of the older mares had told her when she was young were true, and Furtună fancied that they were, then this wasn't really much of a world anymore. But still, Furtună grudgingly held onto the hope that outside the caves the world was possibly habitable. Not that she wanted to get away from the herd, she had sworn to herself more than four years ago never again to stray, but the cave walls seemed to be getting closer and closer together with every passing year. If the tales some of the Equidius were saying was true, then Balios was already considering an expedition to the surface. If that happened Furtună would be first in line to go and explore. What else could she do? Her entire life had been one that she had dedicated to the protection of the herd, particularly in keeping young ones from wandering. The paths they traveled could be riddled with more grief than any-horse could imagine. Yet Furtună forced down the wretched memories, they served to do naught but cause her pain and grief. Two things she could not afford to feel presently, not when she was a Defender of the herd like she had always planned. I wonder if they'd be proud of me.... she found herself wondering, head lowered slightly as she allowed the grief to wreathe around her, a familiar companion by now. Though Furtună fancied that her parents still watched her, a part of the land now, twirling around her on the cool cave breezes, or soothing her hunger as the glowing fungus. The thought calmed her, a balm to her bruised and broken heart, which had never recovered from the guilt of causing such a tragedy. Yet now her life was not her own, she belonged wholly and completely to the herd, it was the only thing that kept her sane some days. And the thought of preventing others from making the mistake she had made gave her purpose. It wasn't enough, nothing ever could be, but it was something, and that for now was all she needed.

Your Form
Username: Ѧsɧωyɳ ♀
Do you have an Equidius yet? Nope, but I certainly would like to ;)

Why do you want one?
I absolutely adore the design, it was love at first sight <3 Besides that I have a great story idea for her and would love nothing more than to win her and use her in one of my own personal stories.

What will you do with it?
Hmm sort of answered this in the above but, I'd love to make a personal story involving her and some other horse adoptables I have, it has the potential to be very interesting and she would fit in perfectly <3 And, after looking through the roleplay, I think she would fit into it perfectly.
Last edited by Temperance. on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:31 am

:3 thank you for the interest. I like the form so far :D
: - Art Shop - : - Fursonas - : - Characters - :- Adopt a teenie WAG! - : ADOPT ME!
"There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, I felt it. When you can harness all that, you'll have a power that no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Equidius Form
Equidius Name:
Cītkāra
It translates to "cry" in Bengali.
Chosen for the markings under her eyes.
Pronounced "Sit-car-a"

Size:
12 hands

Position in herd:
Forager

Personality:
Patient
Having been a breeding mare for 8 years, she's delt with quite a few foals and knows how much work it takes to raise one. It takes quite a lot to make her lose her temper; it's only ever been accomplished twice, and both times it was by the summer flies. She's never lost it on a fellow Equidius, especially a foal.

Giving/Perserverant
Twice in her time as a brood mare she raised two foals at once; both times one of which was not her own. It was very difficult caring for two, but she pressed on and raised them all.

Basic History

Your Form
Username:
SatiraAssassin

Do you have an Equidius yet?
Not yet </3

Why do you want one?
Because they are totally gorgeous and I'd love to give one a home on my thread. I especially adore this one because of the eye markings; stunning!

What will you do with it?
A new RP character for the Mythical Creature RP I'm in, if that's alright, and a new art subject. Please keep in mind though most of my art is traditional so it might end up on DeviantArt or might never be posted at all... Really need to clean out my sketchbooks....

Total WIP, by the way XD
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Articsong » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Username: Articsong
Equidius name: Nix
Size: 14hds
Personality: Nix is a bouncy and warm fellow. He makes friends easily, and is as sunny as the upper world. Despite his age Nix get's into all sorts of mischief, from pranks on herd-mates to bad jokes repeated for days. Sometimes it seems that he doesn't know when to shut up, or look on the dark side of things instead of the bright side. But even Nix has darkness under his dark pelt.
Even his joking movement, and random goofiness can't really hide the sleek grace to his stride or the balance with which he carries himself. His out-stuck tongue and laughing eyes can't hide the ears and antennae that are always twitching, always watchful. And the feathers and glowing lichens wrapped around his horns can't hide their needle sharp point. Nix is a warrior even if most of the time he doesn't act it. He has keen senses and a sharp mind drawing him to the conclusion of a predator before the other herd members even realize there's something there. In an instant the playful male turns into a fearsome warrior. He is big and it's something other forget sometimes. Until they see him mad.

Buff and well tones with short fur and plenty of definition. He has a high cresty neck, sharp horns, large pan like hooves and keen senses. Every inch of him is a blade disguised by ribbons and bows. His mind is easily able to process a fight and even if he can talk his way out of an impending battle.

Story or history: Nix was born nearer to the surface in a small herd. The group was a welcomed rest stop for loners and as Nix grew up he was constantly hearing stories of brave adventures and terrifying battles. With his head filled with such images and a body already quite large, Nix began to train to fight. His parents welcomed his choice since he could help protect the herd. They helped train him and taught him about honor and loyalty, that such things often rose above one's own life.

It was no surprise that as he grew older he became quite the gentleman.

But despite his ambition the herd was still a very free spirited place with many loners. When Nix wasn't training he was running wild with the local band of colts, playing pranks and getting into trouble. His reputation was tarnished by all the problems he sometimes caused and soon the herd didn't see him as a future protector but a rouge male. Nix didn't notice at first. He continued his childish antics, and trained each and every day. But when his horns grew in, spiraling from his head. He heard horrible whispers.

The herd had turned against him, they thought he was a menace and as he grew bigger and bigger with sharp curled horns and massive hooves they thought he would only cause trouble. The rumors began to fly so thickly that even the lead stallion heard of them and began to fear that Nix would take his title from him. When an old warrior loner who knew more than Nix's parents could ever teach him, wandered through the herds land Nix jumped on the opportunity to get away. He begged to become an apprentice to the old loner. Explaining his rapidly deteriorating situation within the herd and showing off previously learned moves. The old loner who was named Serf agreed in the end, seeing potential in the young stallion.. Nix left the herd at five years of age and never once looked back.

From then on he wandered the caverns and even the upper world with the loner. He learned many things and saw many wondrous places. From the vast planes and forests above to deep caves filled with twisted stone. But the most wonderful of a all was a secret cavern the loner showed him. He called it the star cave, because the entire ceiling was covered in glowing mosses and lichen and to Serf it was sacred. Serf picked some of the glowing moss off the walls and wrapped it around Nix's horns in tradition from an old herd of his. He told him that the lichen would never lose it's glow and never die so long as Nix took good care of it and supposedly kept to his honorable code. Nix of course agreed solemnly, having long since matured on the inside. When the ceremony was done, Serf and Nix laid down to rest from the long journey they had taken to these caves. Nix remembered that Serf seemed to be crying just before he fell asleep.

When Nix woke up the next day his teacher was gone.

Nix understood the message in his mentors leaving. There was nothing more for the old stallion to teach him. Still Nix remained in the cave for a few days, eating mosses and fungi of the floor but avoiding the glowing mosses. But when he was certain his teacher was never coming back, he left. He had no real place to go so from then on he wandered.

He continued his journeys,sometimes coming across families and herds and always he told tails of his exploits and adventures. Describing the many wondrous places he had been to wide eyed foals. He took on an almost ethereal air as spores from his time in the Star cave matured into glowing greenish streaks in his mane and tail. Soon word of him spread, a tall glowing stallion who had seen the world. His experience with the upper realm gave him confidence until the day it was shaken badly.

While traveling across the open plains near the caves Nix ran into trouble. A pack of wolf like creatures whose constant movement and noise confused his antennae. When he first felt their sharp teeth he grew fearful and fled. With the beasts nipping at his heels and with him blind to their movements he ran, ran until the scents of a herd reached his nostrils. His sense of chivalry got the better of him and he kicked out, not wanting to draw the predators to a herd. It was a lucky shot, striking on of his pursuers nigh in the noggin and laying the beast out cold. Given confidence he whirled and in a flurry of his skills, he still managed to drive off the beasts despite his not being able to see them. But the fight left him with a bad gash on his haunches and so with few other options, he went to the nearby herd, Balios's herd. The injured stallion pleaded help knowing he would last long in the open with such an injury. He needed extra eyes to watch out for more predators or soon he would fall prey himself. But his time spent in the herd was pleasant, in fact he was almost... happy. So when the time came for him to leave when his wound healed, he asked to stay.

As has been here ever since

Your Form

Username: Articsong
Do you have an Equidius yet? nope
Why do you want one? really awesome breed, well thought out and designed. An interesting and challenging new way of having to describe a world through the antennae of a creature that can't see. Everything about the breed entrances me, and i love horses so... these things make me grin and give thumbs up ^^
What will you do with it? TAKE IT AND RUN MANNN.
Nah nah i keed i keed. I wanna join the Roleplay community you have going. It's an interesting plot with plenty of potential and i want to be part of it's becoming. Plus i'm bored with time on my mits.
Articsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 am

Loving the forms so far <3 Thanks guys!
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neara » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Sorry must say this.. "Appaloosa! love!!! <3"

lolz also bump for you :}
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faint » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:06 am

Beautiful equidius <3
Faint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Robyn Hode. » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:31 am

Equidius Form

Equidius Name:Lightning night
Age: (from yearling to about thirty. Forty if the horse is absolutely ancient and on death's door) 10
Size: 12 hands
Position in herd: [Breeding mare (mares only), defender (mares or stallions), forager (mares or stallions), foal (unranked)]defender
Personality:she is always kind to her friends but when someone is being mean to them she can stand up for them in a fight and win almost everytime. she is loyal to the people around her and her friends. She can be fun to be around when the people she is with are not mean.
Basic Historyshe was born on a pitch black stormy night, which is how she got her name. though after she was born her mother was attacked and killed by something or someone. She spent her whole life trying to find her mother but never found her when she turned 5 years old she found a herd and join with them. Also she has a best friend that is a mountian lion.

Your Form

Username:ayamesAngel
Do you have an Equidius yet?no
Why do you want one?because there are so unique so why not give it up when they are so awesome?
What will you do with it?I will use it in roleplays make drawings of it and keep it forever
Dont you lady me, son.
Im an Avenger.

╔═════════════════════════════════════╗

For all my marvel friends out there.
This is a petition for more
black widow, winter soldier, and hawkeye
merchandise

. My Equids My Plumies My Characters

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
Son, just dont.
Robyn Hode.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby War Horse » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:32 am

((is it still open?))
ι'м ¢няιѕтιαη αη∂ вєℓιєνє ιη Gσ∂, נєѕυѕ ¢няιѕт нιѕ ѕση, αη∂ тнє нσℓу ѕριяιт. 96% σƒ тєєηѕ ωση'т ѕтαη∂ υρ ƒσя Gσ∂. ρυт тнιѕ ιη уσυя ѕιg ιƒ уσυ αяє σηє σƒ тнє 4% σƒ тєєηѕ ωнσ ωιℓℓ.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage
War Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me