Based on Click to view
Artist KaiKenNatsuki [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Number 74 - Red Macaw | Mechanical Wing

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 am

Yay, entry! :D

I had a lot of fun drawing this macaw, it was a very good refresh to me after so many tests and stuff, I finally could draw something that I truly like ^^

<3 If I don't win I might keep this guy.

timer is lying, I shaded it but the colors seemed different so I just took it off.

User:

KaiKenNatsuki

Name:

Swallow (seriously, that's his name)

Male

Species or based of:

Red Macaw

Story/History:

*RESUMING A LOOOOOT* :

When just a baby, the little fell from his nest and couldn't stand up because he accidentally broke his small and fragile wing, and he was drowning in pain because of his non-defensive state. He was making so much noise yelling and asking for help that he called the attention of lots of animals... including a jaguar. It wasn't an adult yet, but strong enough to kill that weak baby bird. The animal bit his broken wing and threw him against a tree, expecting it to die easily. The jaguar didn't give up, but when it was ready to bit him in the neck he was shot by a hunter far from there.

Later there, a group of biology students were analyzing the area, when they found the small baby bird among the leaves. It was almost suffocating, and it only had a few feathers. They took it to the laboratory and started to call him Swallow, because every fruit (cherry, pieces of apple, mulberry, etc) they gave him he would just open his beak and swallow it once you threw it to him.

He was a very docile bird, but his wing was completely smashed by the jaguar, so they took him to an expert vet and he had to amputate his wing. The young guys knew they couldn't let the small bird without one of his wings, so they made a project and started to study the wing anatomy to create a new wing for their little friend. Swallow became 1 year old, and they had finally came up with the wing - it was all mechanic, but it wasn't heavy for his size so he would be able to fly normally.

Swallow went through very difficult times, because his wing had suffered lots of alterations since they installed it on him, but in the end he finally figured out a good way to fly softly with it.

Personality: He's a very docile bird, will only peck you if you take his food away, and if you try to hurt him. He's very lovely, a great companion and won't leave you until you tell him to go. He's a good guy <3
Last edited by KaiKenNatsuki on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
: - Art Shop - : - Fursonas - : - Characters - :- Adopt a teenie WAG! - : ADOPT ME!
All W.A.S. owners, please visit here!
"There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, I felt it. When you can harness all that, you'll have a power that no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Number 74 - Red Macaw | Mechanical Wing

Postby Chasing Dreams » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 am

So beautiful Kai <3 I love how you chose the natural Macaw colors ^^
Chasing Dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby young blood. » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Wow! I love him, Swallow looks great! ^^

╔═════════════╗

i'm sorry.
i no longer have much
time to be on this site
anymore. i'm not quitting
but i can't come on as
often as i used to.

╚═════════════╝
young blood.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember Sky » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am

Aww, Kai THANK YOU!~

I'm in love with this guys T_T so, beautiful... I mean geesh, how'd you know Macaws are my main weakness??!!
Ember Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby !!Random!! » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:45 am

Thats an awsome entry!!!:)
Hello,
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1247341 is my awesome Fursona that comfyorange made for me! I love Ashton! (:

Image Image
Ohhh Sebastian! (;
!!Random!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me