✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky [OPEN] by kaatlove

Based on Click to view
Artist kaatlove [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
128 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky [OPEN]

Postby kaatlove » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:09 pm

Last edited by kaatlove on Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky [OPEN]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:27 am

[ Kalon #2200 ]
✦ Sea & Sky ✦

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━» ✦ «━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Since it has been a while since we've done this, Kalon Staff decided this special '00 will be a MYO contest!
You will get to submit your own Kalon designs, and one winner will have theirs made official!
See below for comp details and requirements.

[ ✦ ] The theme of this competition is Sea & Sky!
      Your Kalon design can be inspired by anything, as long as you can tie it back to the theme in some way.

[ ✦ ] If you would like to work on oekaki, you may post your design in the artist search!

[ ✦ ] If you would like to work off oekaki, the Kalon lines PSD can be downloaded here! The official x2 and x4 lines can be downloaded here.

[ ✦ ] You are allowed to get help from other users in creating your design, but ideas should come from you.

[ ✦ ] Please make sure your submitted design includes a fake sign!

[ ✦ ] Your Kalon design may include up to two legendary traits, and as many rare and under traits you'd like.
      Any traits on the Kalon trait list are allowed. If you would like to ask about traits not on the list, please feel free to send me a DM here on CS or on Discord!

[ ✦ ] Kalon designs must be finished for a form to be counted, and the winning design will be an official main adopt, and not eligible for revamp.
      After the winner is chosen, they may be asked to make small changes if anything needs to be tweaked to fit within Kalon guidelines.
      Designs that do not win are allowed to be kept and made real with the proper MYO slots!

[ ✦ ] In addition to the Kalon design, you also have a maximum of 800 words to tell us about their character by answering the prompt: sea or sky?
      You may interpret that as you'd like. Judging will be focused mainly on your prompt answer!

[ ✦ ]No art is allowed, aside from the Kalon design, but you may pretty up your form. I will also allow links to music.

Code: Select all
[b]username + ID:[/b]
[b]Kalon name:[/b]
[b]Kalon design:[/b]
[b]sea or sky:[/b]

The end date of this competition is February 18th @11:59 PM EST.
Extensions may be granted upon request.

If you have any questions at all, my DMs are always open!

[ divider by me ] [ kalon banner by zoosea ]
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky (DNP)

Postby Jochedo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:28 am

markk
Jochedo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky

Postby Exitium » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:30 am

username + ID: Exitium + 626371
Kalon name: Achilles
Kalon design:
sea or sky: Butterflies in the sky~ Birds of a feather~ Fly too close to the sun, my dear?

Achilles is one with the sky. Floating gracefully, the glow in the dark of night personified. They are the crystal clear water of the sea, the peaceful school of fish swimming by.

A compass guiding you on your journey, whether by sea or by sky. Helpful companion to have and fly or swim with.

Achilles will not float too close to the sun, keep this in mind while you fly through the sky. Water has no restrictions, for you dive as deep as you can physically handle at one time.

Feel yourself spreading your wings, soaring through the sky like a butterfly or bird. Achilles prefers dusk for flight. Sun set gone by, nightfall settling forward. Breathe in, breathe out. Look around you, take it in and commit it to memory. Such sights are a luxury where you come from, and perhaps for others as well.

Perhaps it is time to embark on a new adventure, far from the sea or deep in the sky. Eyes cast toward the sun, rays beaming blindingly. A chirp here, a caw there. Bubbles on the surface, creatures lurking in the depths below.

Drip drip drip
Fluttering sounds around you
Just one small trip
Spread your wings, fly about now

Lips kiss the sky
Yet yearn for the sea do I
Breathe, in and out
A smile sealed across your sun-kissed face

Feeling Good - Michael Bublé
Last edited by Exitium on Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky (DNP)

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:32 am

Markk

StayArmy
Studying to be a marine biologist
I love miraculous Ladybug, K-dramas,
photography
Anime, Manga, Nature, k-pop

Taking a hiatus from cs, only active for kalons/art
TH Kalons Art Shop ©
"Dreams come true to those who truly want them"

₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✶ Kalon 2200 - Sea and Sky [OPEN]

Postby Chickpea » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:36 am

username + ID: Chickpea + 921177
Kalon name:
Kalon design:
sea or sky: sky!
Last edited by Chickpea on Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Legend of the Sky Witch

Postby cheetahss » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:55 am

spain without the s, i could not get a design down that I liked so ill save the character concept and make a kal for the concept another time...
Last edited by cheetahss on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cheetahss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:03 pm

MARK

✩ Hi, I'm Quest! ✩
he/knight
toyhousedappervolkFR
valiant-quest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:14 pm

marky
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:24 pm

username + ID: SilhouetteStation + 676516
    Kalon name: Neirissa

Kalon design:
    [s] shine, hair
    [c] fur (short)
    [uc] ears
    [r] body shine, glow (only form 3)
    [l] mertail, form change

form 1 (tropical waters)

form 2 (open ocean)

form 3 (deep sea)

sea or sky: (772w)

To say that I had a part in the creation of the world is neither here nor there.

Who's to say that the world did not have a part in the creation of me? Who's to say that the existence of the world - whether it was born through a millennia of tiny moments, or if it inexplicably and abruptly just came to be in the universe - isn't the reason for my birth? Birth, in the loosest sense of the term; it was more in the sense of opening my eyes, and finding myself exactly where I knew I was supposed to be.

Possibly, neither of us came first. There were no witnesses to the creation of this time period. Time had to exist before us, surely, although it would be impossible to know what came before us. Us, being me and my sisters. The Original Three, as we came to be known by the people who would eventually populate the world. I personally think it's just as plausible to think that we all came into existence at the same time, destined to be connected for however long things may last. How else to explain the powers we three possess?

Galifeira grew wings and took to the skies. She painted everything in shades of blue and purple, in sunrise peach and sunset gold, in storm-laced silver and midnight ink. She flew with wild abandon, for both joy and purpose, and still spends nearly every waking moment soaring through clouds and dancing on the breeze.

Oruzia melded herself into the earth and became one with the land. She allowed roots and vines to crawl across her limbs, for flowers to bloom across her skin and make themselves a home within her body. She became the heartbeat of the world, the steady pulse beneath the soil, showing as much care for each tiny pebble as she did for each towering mountain range.

I took to the seas. I created vast bodies of water and made them my home. I created forests of kaleidoscopic coral, miles of seaweed beds, vast stretches of glorious nothingness in which to get lost and find yourself through moments of peace. Like all of our domains, they teemed with the life we created, and every creature who lived beneath my waves was both a child and a friend.

Humans...I had the least part in creating.

They possess legs rather than tails and lack the ability to breathe underwater, therefore cannot swim as I swim. While their curiosity and ingenuity is to be commended, many of them developed the urge to explore and discover. They mapped Galifeira's skies. They scaled Oruzia's mountains. They created boats in order to sail my seas. It did not matter where I was - in the reefs, where my colors are bright, or further out to sea, where I blend in more with the blue - there always seemed to be a trace of human around, and I craved the days when I had my ocean to myself.

There was only so much sky, so much earth - but the ocean, I both discovered and made be - can go down for miles.

It is a secret that I keep even from my sisters, scared of what they will think of me for using my powers for what could be considered as a selfish endeavor. Down in the deep, deep dark, where neither light nor human touch can reach, I created a new space for myself. A place where the world seems to be plunged into constant night; where the creatures are weird and wonderful, with gaping jaws and pearlescent eyes and bodies that light up in a dazzling array of colors like an underwater aurora. My own body changed; my skin darkened, my body glowed alongside them. I found my peace again on the bottom of the sea floor, surrounded by things pulled from the depths of my imagination, and with the tranquility of finally feeling as though I had finally regained some of the solitude I'd so dearly missed.

My sisters cannot come here, nor can humans, nor can anyone, and it is wonderful. It is bliss. When I'm down here I think, let them keep their skies. Let them explore the earth, and study its flora and fauna. Sail the seas above, mark them on your maps, chart your courses until you've found every island, every sandspit, until you wake up one day and realize that there's nothing left to discover. Nothing for you, nothing for your kind.

And I shall stay down here, where you cannot reach me, and where this ocean is mine, all mine.

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me