Sound Asheep #019 by yeena

Based on Click to view
Artist yeena [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sound Asheep #019

Postby yeena » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:09 am

it would be so great if you guys joined the discord as well if you were planning to tryout for this adopt!

a lovely koi designed by japanese interpretations! they were a bit of a doozy to get designed but i hope you guys adore them as much as i do
this sheep will be a 24hr impress me competition, based primarily around character building over art or coding. bonus points for an easy to follow form, though lol

ends in 24 hours so roughly 1pm est, 6/28

Code: Select all
[b]user:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b] dmab
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sound Asheep #019

Postby vanilla bean. » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:31 am

user: vanilla bean.
    name: akiyama - 秋山 "autumn mountain"

dislikes: entitlement, greed, jealousy

----------

an unmarked path snakes its way up a mountain- will you follow it?
    yes, i will. ---> hope stirs in your heart, you begin your adventure.
    no, i won't. ---> a sinking feeling settles in your chest, perhaps you should reconsider.

as your ascent begins, the path narrows as you make your way towards... the end? you realize that you don't know where you're heading or how you'll know you arrived, but you press on nonetheless. leaves of flame flutter through the air, and a cool breeze brings fresh air into your lungs. though you expect to feel tired from the journey up the mountain, you find yourself reinvigorated, and after a while, you come upon a torii gate. gathering all the courage you need, you pass through. for a moment, all is dark. when vision returns, you realize you've been transported higher up the mountain. a soft voice calls out, though you can't tell where it's coming from, or what it's saying, you just know you want to, no, need to get closer. twin foxes emerge from the brush, weaving around your ankles and herding you towards a small shrine. upon closer inspection, the shrine houses a shallow pool of water, smooth pebbles lining the basin.

"step forward little one, reach into the pool and reveal your fortune."

-----------

akiyama- who is she?
    a nearly forgotten god, akiyama is the god of new beginnings.

what does she do?
    she knows that fate is not set in stone, so it makes it all the more ironic that her fortunes are scribed in stone, on little pebbles. using what little magic she has left, she guides the lost to her shrine to gain a new sense of purpose, a reason to see the next day through. while she'd rather sit and have a conversation with every lost soul, she is not strong enough to hold her form for that length of time. by no means does she want to be a feared or all ruling god, akiyama is a benevolent entity and just wishes to gain the power to physically inhabit her shrine.

----------

tales from the shrine

I. a new light
    everything was dark for phantasma. nothing to look forward to, nothing to dread. her experience was one of nothingness, and sometimes she found herself doubting her very existence. one day, akiyama felt a tugging in the fabric of the universe, a desperate cry for help. it was at this point that akiyama was still in control of a majority of her powers, able to inhabit whatever world she liked for as long as she pleased. when she came upon phantasma, she knew something had to be done. using nearly everything she had, akiyama granted her a new purpose, and an important one at that. phantasma found herself at the head of operations at sonder skies, guiding souls to where they belonged. she now had the ability not only to travel between other worlds, but to relocate others to where they belonged.
    akiyama created the new beginnings, wove them out of the threads of the universe, and phantasma took those weavings and gave them the backdrop they deserved. though neither would consider their lives perfect, they are grateful for one another, and know they can always find support in each other through the darkest hours.

II. alone no longer
    while the autumn mountain is her home, not being able to inhabit it fully is a painful fact to accept, to say the least. despite this, she is not entirely isolated. creatures of the wood do not need words to communicate, and they are drawn to her comforting aura. she has a particularly strong bond with two little foxes. orphaned kits, they would not have survived if not for akiyama. she took her physical form and cared for them until they were able to survive on their own. even after that point, she spent a good portion of her time with an eye on the kits. now that they're all grown, they help akiyama with chores around the shrine, keeping things tidy and guiding those who may need an extra push. it's because of them that she's able to communicate with others as often as she does. rumors among the forest creatures buzz of her permanent return, thanks to the fox twins, but who knows if this is anything more than excited speculation.

III. a telltale heart
    akiyama would rather save this story for another day. though it has been ages, this wound has not yet healed. please treat this god tenderly, for as many possibilities she creates for others, she missed out on her own. to be a benevolent god is a sacrifice. the wants of others take priority overy the needs of one's own.

if you can sense a theme, yes, akiyama is quite the softie, and can't help but be there for others at the expense of herself.

Last edited by vanilla bean. on Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

hey there, i'm abi!
lesbian - she / they - adopt storage
pms are always open, feel free to drop in <3

vanilla bean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chromatic. » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:59 am

“There will always be a nightmare to match even the brightest dreams..as the shadows are always waiting for a chance to smother out the light”

Username: Chromatic.
Name: Nakoa

A hunter of nightMARES

Nakoa, a name that resonates throughout the dreamscape since its very beginning. A warrior, a protector, fabled to forever wander throughout the clouds and dreams on his everlasting hunt and battle against the ever growing threat of nightmares. His body is well worn through the ages during his quest, and yet he still stands, valiant and bright against the testament of time that he has and will continue onwards till every last nightMARE is dispelled.

Nakoa is a sheep that tends to stray towards the more troubled dreams, those simply plagued by nightmares. He is almost drawn to these instances as if a magnet was constantly guiding him to those who needed help. He is spurred onwards by the fact that he believes that everyone should be able to find peace and happiness whenever they are asleep as it is truly a break from a world that could be so cruel and unforgiving. It’s the least that a sheep like him could do to give those in need a place of tranquility and bliss.

For regular beings, nightmares may take on the form of scary, dark dreamscapes filled with scenery, creatures, situations, and overall various things that can bring on a sense of fear, anxiety, and terror. For Nakoa, he is easily able to see past this illusion to see the true culprit at heart.

A dark, black horse often surrounded by a haunted aura of mist and smoke that constantly surrounds them. A literal nightMARE, creatures that thrive on the fear of beings and use it in turn to create the darker visions, corrupting their dreams.

Once entering the affected dream, Nakoa sets his sights on finding the mare knowingly causing the disturbance, allowing his natural ability thats only been enhanced with his many years of training and nightMARE hunting to guide him past the distraught dreamscape to often finding a very surprised nightMARE standing proudly at the center.

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚“Twinkle twinkle little star…
How I wonder what you are….”♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚

From there it’s a game of chase as the nightMARE will attempt to flee through the affected dream and hide behind all of its creations to no avail. Nakoa has grown wise to the many tricks shown by these creatures and often will not fall to the petty tricks of one. Chasing off a nightMare is many sheep’s chosen fighting opten as they are flighty creatures by nature, but Nakoa thins that’s simply not enough for such a troublesome thing. As he grows close to the nightMARE Nakoa begins to humm, familiar tunes often used to bring comfort and lull one to sleep comes from him followed by the words of both well known lullabies as well as ones that he’s written himself.

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚”Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky”♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚

With the soothing words of a lullaby coming from his mouth, the spell tags often hanging at his ears begin to glow and hum with the chants of many ghostly, but soft voices to join in on the song. The bells hanging around them growing independent of his own movements and start swaying to the beat of the melody, truly bringing it all to a glorious symphony that rings throughout the dreamscape. At the lullaby’s crest, the spell tags fly off and quickly surround the nightMARE, swirling around and glowing brighter and brighter until the dark being is completely engulfed by the lullaby’s magic.

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚”Twinkle twinkle little star”♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚

All attempts to escape is futile and as the lullaby comes near to its completion the light completely overtakes the entire scene. Where the night mare once stood, stars of all various shapes and sizes began to shoot out continuing to illuminate the dream. In each spot it landed did the stardust began to erode all traces of the fearsome nightmare it had left and in its place a better, more peaceful dream began to sprout and take place.

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚“How I wonder what you are…”♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚

The final words of the lullaby echoed out onto the now illuminated planes of the dream, spelltags returning to hang from his ears as the bells grew quiet as well. Nakoa breathes a sigh of relief as once again another dream was saved…and yet there was the feeling of another one brewing upon the horizon. A sheep’s job is simply never done as people continue to sleep and dream, not that he minded of course. Someone had to be there to protect the dreamscape and he will continuously join the many others that do so with his lullabies.
Last edited by chromatic. on Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Easy to find what's wrong, Harder to find what's right.

.I've changed for the better worst.
chromatic.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:20 am

user: ♔Voltaire♔
name: Cyprine
ID Card:LUCID.INC

"Welcome to Lucid.INC – the revolutionary dream-provoking company that will make your sleep experience something to look forward to every night. Our dedicated team of dreamologists, REM experts, and sleep scientists create a unique and enjoyable experience that will have you dreaming of a better tomorrow.

We have built a variety of departments dedicated to bringing you dreams that enhance your sleep experience. Our team is able to tap into your subconscious and create custom dreamscapes that will have you looking forward to your next night of sleep. We use the latest in neurological technology to ensure that the dreams you experience are vivid and satisfying.

At Lucid.INC, we believe that everyone deserves an incredible sleep experience. From unique dreamscapes to more restful sleep, we have something for everyone. Our team is passionate about helping you live happier and healthier through the power of dreams. Let us take you on the journey of a lifetime – and help you get the rest you deserve."

Cyprine is the Head Chief Executive of the Daydream department of Lucid INC. managing hundreds of staff committed to the travel and delivery of daydreams through the dream space. While constantly bogged down with outside requests and ideas, he tries his best to make sure everyone's input is listened to and taken into consideration, trying to make whatever accommodations necessary in order to please everyone. It isn't that Cyprine is a pushover, it's more that he doesn't want to deal with too much at once, saying yes to things that may or may not have a consequence, in favor of not having to worry about it in the current moment. He just knows that there are bigger fish (no pun intended) to fry than something trivial like a daydream suggestion or requests through email or calls, choosing to put such things on the back burner so he can take care of general management. He always tends to give the same response, directing customers to his customer service staff rather than annoying him with his business emails.

Outside of work, Cyprine tends to frequent the dream spaces' many parks and social spaces, especially to people-watch and decompress after a long day in the office. Unfortunately for him, his relaxation tends to be short-lived, as his face is quite known due to his professional standing. So, when worse comes to worst, Cyrpine resorts to going home to relax in his condo, lounging by the pool, or tending to the many saltwater aquariums he has scattered tastefully throughout his house. All in all, Cyprine just enjoys his alone time and peace and quiet.
Last edited by ♔Voltaire♔ on Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Friendlyseal » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:38 am

Marking
Friendlyseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:00 am

Marking!
──-───────────
She/Her
I love cyan and space and narrative video games

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────────────

Chat with me about literally anything..
Life is Strange 2, COD, Smite, AC, Mass Effect
DC > Marvel

───────────────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
My Stables
Kibbins
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:59 am

user: knickknacks
name: kaito - of japanese origin, combining symbols for "sea/ocean" and "fly"

He meanders through his days peaceably, a creature of habit. Placid, unflappable, "cool as a cucumber"- all of these have been used by acquaintances to describe Kaito's demeanor, and many more (some of which are less flattering: "stick in the mud," and et cetera) And indeed, to many, Kaito comes off as even a bit unapproachable- he's nice enough in conversation, but guarded whenever questions regarding his work or personal life come up.

An outside observer trying to track his patterns in the daytime would be disappointed by their seeming mundanity- Kaito goes on walks, works his way through the hefty books on psychology he seems to be so fond of studying, maintains the cleanliness of his spotless living space, converses politely with his neighbors- though he would surely have some interesting anecdotes to offer if he were asked, his daily routines are not much out of the ordinary.

By day, Kaito an upstanding (if slightly boring) member of society. By night, he works as a part-time dreamwalker.

It's an odd job to have acquired- at least, one out of the ordinary. One sure way to get a chuckle out of Kaito would be to ask how on earth he acquired such a position- as it is a story that still amuses him greatly, as well.

For all the rigid routine of his day-to-day life, Kaito has always been visited by exceptionally vivid dreams. His subconscious would create endlessly colorful and outlandish settings for him whenever he fell asleep- and beyond that, he exhibits a remarkable amount of control over his dreamscape, having been able to lucid dream for the past several years.

Quite by chance, his dreams caught the attention of a dreamwalker who happened to visit him one night- after a few nights in a row of visiting and observing the young mortal with curiously strong dreams, the dreamwalker finally appeared to him. Kaito instantly knew that this being was not a part of his dreamscape- not something he had conjured up from his own mind. He was curious, and asked questions of the visitor, who replied that if he still remembered them the following night, they could talk at greater length.

"You again," were his first words the next night, after he had fallen asleep and found the dreamwalker waiting for him again. The visitor smiled, and made their 'sales pitch.' On account of his repeatedly vivid dreams, and exceptional degree of control and awareness over them, they recruited Kaito to his current position, as a part-time dreamwalker. He agreed readily, partially out of curiosity, with a lingering skepticism- possibly this was another elaborate construction of his own mind.

Kaito soon realized, however, that the visitor- his employer now- had been entirely truthful in their words. The bounds of the dreamscape were opened to him, and he found himself able to travel beyond his own dreams, and into those of others.

- - - - -

He enjoys the work. He enjoys the variety of the dreamscape, enjoys being able to put his mind to good use, is flattered by the fact that he was recruited to this job in the first place-

-but he does not terribly enjoy forays into others' minds.

Much of his work does not take him there- largely, he patrols the dreamscape, making sure that the borders of dreamers' subconscious are still intact and not beset by nightmares. His employer tells him to keep visits to others' dreams to a minimum- allegedly for fear of him encountering someone he knows in the waking world, and setting off a whole complicated scenario that they warn would involve "so much paperwork." Note to self- paperwork (and some form of bureaucracy, too, then?) still exist in the dreamscape. He has been kept largely on the outside of their inner workings, being that he is only a part-time hire, and a mortal one at that, but likes to glean little bits of information on these things when he can.

Kaito does enjoy his job- but he finds that he does not so much enjoy entering into others' dreams.

For one- he is used to the degree of control he has over his own dreams. While dreamwalking, he is able to soothe dreamers' minds, influence them to calmer and more pleasant dreams- but he cannot control precisely what happens to him. Even in pleasant dreams, he can find himself overwhelmed by whatever the dreamer has conjured up- unfamiliar images that he cannot dispel, chaotic jumbles of events that, on occasion, even he needs to be rescued from by a stronger dreamwalker.

It is only a part-time position, and he does his best to not be bothered by it, but- after the degree of control and order he has over his own life, his own dreams, it is humbling and a little disconcerting to be thrust into the dreamscape like this. His employer seems pleased with his progress, encouraging him that, should it be what he wants, he is more than talented enough to become an excellent dreamwalker someday- but the first rule of the dreamscape, they tell him, is to expect the unexpected- that surprises of all kinds, good and bad, can be found in this shimmering expanse.

For Kaito, who is used to routine and expectation, this has been a hard lesson to learn.

[883 words]
Last edited by Knickknacks on Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluex » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:14 pm

user: bluex
    name: yeah idk yet

marking hard
bluex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paopu » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:04 pm

☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾

user: paopu
    name: Oyasumi ☾ おやすみ ☽ Goodnight

☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾ ◯ ☽ ◯ ☾

Hello there, it seems you've gotten lost.

Not to worry you didn't technically go anywhere. You're still at home, in your bed, trying to drift asleep. It's just, it won't work particularly well until we get you back there. You see, you sort of need to be in your body for sleep to happen.

Hm? Oh, yes, I guess that is a bit jarring to hear out of context. But you're fine, or you will be, I just need to set the pathway for you. You see, you've wandered into someone else's dream. Hold on a moment...

Me? ...Oh I'm not important and people so rarely remember me once they wake but, I suppose you can call me Oyasumi. I'm a baku, technically, but these days I tend to deal with ikiryō scenarios like this. Ikiryō, you know like, a shōryō, or ikisudama. Ah, mm, it's a bit like astral projection? Or it may be easiest to think of it as a sort of living ghost? You probably were feeling something rather intense and got yourself all restless so your soul decided to take matters into it's own hands. But like I said you'll be fine. Well, mmm you're not feeling vengeful are you?

Good, good, then there's nothing to worry about. Vengeful souls can get a bit messy if left unchecked but no worries here, you seem nice and level. I just need a few minutes more and we'll get you back in your body.

...It's not nearly as unusual as you might think, actually. It happens enough that I exist to make it better, after all. You're in good hands- well hooves heh. Sorry that was bad wasn't it I'm a little out of practice - it's not often I get to have a proper chat and- ah there we go.

Alright everything's in order. You see that fish in the distance? Follow the path of it's ripples and you'll be home before you know it. Me? Don't worry, the fish is a part of me, you can trust it will get you where you need to be. Rest well, friend, and may we meet again, should you ever be in need of a guide through the dreamspace.

x
x
x
    they/them

if two people share one
    their destines become
    intertwined they'll remain
    a part of each other's lives
    no matter what

paopu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:00 am

user: Cactologist
name: Eien (永遠, “Eternal,” Dreamwalker, the Great Koi)

“And that’s about everything. Any questions before I show you to your stations?”
A dozen pairs of eyes floated towards the glowing and faintly humming pod at the end of the otherwise darkened row.
“Oh, the Dreamwalker. He came with the company. Lunch break is in-“
A single hoof instantly raised to knock on the smooth, floating orb.
“Don’t wake him, unless you want to be fired on your first day.”
The group collectively took a step back, whispers replacing the silence.
“Listen, all you need to know is you’ll probably see him in the dreams you weave, normally in the form of a koi fish. Don’t panic, he’s just watching. No, I’ve never met him in the waking world, and yes, he’s been dreaming the entire time I’ve worked here.”
With more than a little urging, the group reluctantly filed out of the lab. No one snuck a second glance, but if they had, in the second before the door clicked shut, they may have just seen the pod in question flicker, tremor, and drop to the floor, dark.

Eien watched as a young snake slid through a patch of grass, tongue flicking as he traced the scent of his prey. This was a repeat dream, but the dreamer was always surprised. It was one of Eien’s favorites. The snake would catch up to the mouse, and it would whirl around, suddenly taking the form of his late grandfather, the one who taught him to hunt. Both would smile, reunited, and go off to celebrate however snakes do. He never stay to watch the end, but this time, something was off.
The mouse wasn’t running, wasn’t afraid, and beyond the borders of the dream Eien could see the experienced dream weaver panicking, trying to keep the snake asleep.
But Eien sensed something else, too.
Around the corners of his vision, a shadow lingered. He turned, searching for the source, but found nothing. A chill shot through his spine, settling around his heart.
The snake shrieked, Eien whipped back around. The dreamer fled from its prey, the mouse convulsing, turning black as it grew, taking on a new configuration. Eien searched for the weaver, but she was nowhere to be found. He couldn’t interfere, no, he wouldn’t.
The mouse was gone, replaced by a black silhouette, a formless shadow, surging outward in all directions. The snake was helpless, slivering without traction, rabid with conscious fear.
If Eien knew if he interfered he may never dream again, that was the agreement. But this wasn’t a nightmare. This was different, this wasn’t just a dream. Perhaps this was the reason he was cursed to wander between dreams, maybe this was fate.
The Great Koi cleared his throat, and the darkness whirled to meet him.

On the night of June 29th, 2076, for the first time in hundreds of years, nobody dreamed. For hundreds of years to follow, it would be rumored that it was aliens, or terrorists, or a chemical leak, or just a conspiracy. But for the employees of DeluluLabs, sworn to secrecy, the truth was that a figment of their subconscious, a ram only assumed to exist, a myth made mortal, stood before them in the flesh, and in an ancient tongue, told of a darkness creeping in, more sinister than any known nightmare. He said the dream realm is unstable, and he can no longer protect it alone. Then, he collapsed.
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me