Anniversary Kalon 2023 - Pine Marten

Postby cyrevan » Thu May 18, 2023 6:29 pm

[image credit]
traits wrote:[nr] skinny, sclera color
[s] teeth, claws, shine, hair
[c] fur
[uc] ears
[r] munchkin

I was so excited to make this kal... Last year I had therian awakenings and as it turns out I connect with european pine martens on something of an identity level, so as you can imagine they're very special to me.

To win this critter, come up with a title to either their autobiography or a book/show/whatever that would be written about them! You can specify which, but it's not required. I'm looking for titles that say something about their life in some way!

An extra of one art piece or 400 words max is allowed, can be related to the prompt or whatever you'd like.

Code: Select all
[b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Kalon Name:[/b]
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Extra:[/b][/center]

Ends June 29th, though I can provide extensions if requested.
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Kalon 2023 - Pine Marten

Postby laika. » Thu May 18, 2023 6:51 pm

Username + ID:
Kalon Name:
Title: Midnight Munchies - a cooking show that starts at midnight! Usually shows how to make basic food w/ wildly available ingredients! From chicken noodle soup to mug brownies, he's got it all!
Extra:[/center]
laika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeleesi » Thu May 18, 2023 7:17 pm

Username + ID: Caeleesi 309551
Kalon Name: Karem
Title: The sweetest marten
Extra:
A "dating show" he hosts, helping other small mammals find their soul mates amidst the chaos of human destruction. [His set has been wrecked on multiple occasions thanks to his passion for the dramatic and exciting.][/center]
Local Skeleton Queen
DA || || TH || ©
ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
©
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱʟʏ ᴠʀɪꜱᴋᴇʙᴀʙ ʙ)
Caeleesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Thu May 18, 2023 11:50 pm

Username + ID: shortstop + 201714
Kalon Name: Enara
Title: 'To Fly on Steel Wings' - an autobiography
Extra: [243/400]
When Enara landed her dream job, she had some sort of idea of how it would work. She'd be transporting critically endangered animals and plants back to their native habitats to help with repopulation efforts. She already had her pilot's license, and it seemed simple enough. When she sat down years later to write her book, she had to laugh at how wrong she had been.
Where should she even begin? The views- oh, the views! There's something absolutely magical about flying over untouched wilderness. Enara has seen mountains, open plains, miles of coastline. It's hard not to get distracted by them. She chose a picture one of her copilots took for the cover of her autobiography. It features an aerial view of an elephant herd, trekking across a plain. It reminded Enara of herself and her coworkers.
The best part, of course, are the creatures and plants that she transports. She's met living beings that she's never even heard of before. From desert onions to basking sharks, Enara is pretty sure she's seen it all. Most of the animals are sedated to keep them nice and calm for travel. One of her favourite memories is when she had the opportunity to touch a Sumatran tiger. She can still recall the surprising coarseness of the fur.
Enara's goal with her book is to capture both the stress and the wonder of her work. It's all about high pressure stakes, and even higher rewards.
Last edited by shortstop on Sun May 21, 2023 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Fri May 19, 2023 3:45 am

Username + ID: 76heart + 395288
Kalon Name: Archie
Title: the mountain digger who left for the wagons
Extra: excerpts from Minerva’s journal

1,349 Days Since Leaving Home

He’s a strange one, The Digger. His life has been spent in the Onor mountains, and yet he has chosen to leave with us and join our wagons. What could a life that never settles offer someone who’s entire life thus far had been digging in the mountains with pride, finding jewels and fine metals, and whatever other treasures the mountains held? I don’t understand. This life could only offer him dirt to dig and uncertainty. I know what it’s like to need to leave and carve your own path, but I can’t fathom why he would choose something so different. What could he want with traveling healers?

1,350 Days Since Leaving Home

Archie. Even his name is strange. I heard his fellow diggers- former fellow diggers telling the leader of our wagon that he’s known for a talent of sniffing out precious things no matter how deep they are. I asked him how he could tell. All he could offer was that he felt it in his bones. Is he a user of magic without knowing? Is he one who can touch the magic but not use it directly? I will have to ask him to show me how it works.

The Diggers prepared us a soup tonight as a thank you and goodbye. It tasted of dirt and soot. The taste of dirt isn’t unfamiliar, but I don’t like it or the soot. Archie gave no sign of disliking it, and my fellow wagoners all smiled through. I slipped the rest of mine to the dogs.

1,357 Days Since Leaving Home

The Digger found a pot beneath the soil today. It’s pretty. The potter was a talented painter.

He also found the rare plants we were looking for. It is hard to make a magical remedy without the bulbs of flowers that touch the magic. It would have taken us a week to find them in the ground. It’s too early for the distinguishing leaves and blossoms to emerge. His presence is a great help. He’s helped us save a life already.

1,359 Days Since Leaving Home

Archie is kind. I do not yet understand his humor; it’s rather strange, but I am glad he is with us.

He told me that he wanted to help people, and he couldn’t do that in the mountains. He is not so strange to me anymore.

400/400
Last edited by 76heart on Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Fri May 19, 2023 6:21 am

Username + ID: Cinnaliz + 668250
Kalon Name: tba
Title: tba, something gameshow related
Extra:
wippy wip

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
just chillin' here tbh
toyhouse

sig art by me ^^
ImageImageImage
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MirrorMask » Fri May 19, 2023 1:38 pm

Username + ID: MirrorMask + 29018
Kalon Name: Raphael; but insists to be referred by "Raphy"
Title: Raphy, No Robbing !
Extra:
Before you is a crudely drawn picture book, every page the artist has barely kept the color within the lines and not to mention every other word is spelt wrong or with an extra unnecessary letter. However, let's not forget that the name of this book sounds awfully familiar to some other licensed product. Leaves you wondering how this even managed to get published and put onto a store's shelf ( it didn't he photocopies extra versions of the story at the local library to dropship irl ).
[ 86 / 400 ]
Image Image Image
message for kalon commissionstoyhou.sekalons
MirrorMask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Fri May 19, 2023 11:33 pm

Mark !!
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sun May 21, 2023 4:17 am

Username + ID: Lex. 959439
    Kalon Name: Martin [He/Him]
    Title: 'Don't Be A Menace to The Forest While Eating Your Prey By the Stream'
    Extra:

The title is a play on words, or at least a play on a movie I used to watch. Martin's Movie (which he named and shortens to DBAMTTFWEYPBTS), is a classic coming of age tale, filmed, edited, and directed by him. It stars Martin the Marten (big surprise) and few of his other friends, as they arrive to their new home in the Forest, a little grotto by the stream. It was made to essentially tell his life story, with a very comedic twist. It's got action, cheesy romance, and enough awkward pauses to put 'The Office' to shame.

It's his "proudest and bestest" creation, and he loves it dearly. Every year on his birthday, his friends are dragged brought over to his house to celebrate with snacks and the annual watching of his film. As bad as it can be, he and his friends enjoy laughing at it, as they can appreciate that it was meant to be a fun type of bad. It's been the topic of many a conversation, and is always a great thing to bring up during parties as a bit of trivia about him.
    "Hey, I've been in a movie. Haven't you seen it?"
    The gateway question into the rabbit-hole of DBAMTTFWEYPBTS.
    [208/400]
Last edited by Lex. on Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Sun May 21, 2023 12:31 pm

Username + ID: elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        Kalon Name: hieronymus
        Title: "Whatever Floats Your Boat: Life on the Endless Sea" [autobiography]
        Extra:

Last edited by elf_of_the_hollow on Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me