Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

*Rises From My Grave* by SputnikSplash

Artist SputnikSplash [gallery]
Time spent 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
56 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

*Rises From My Grave*

Postby SputnikSplash » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:02 am

I have returned. It's been a loooong while and I forgot how much I love this site <3
anyway, I'm sure some of ya have been wondering where I've been all this time. It's a long story, but I'll try my hardest to keep it as short as possible:

Back in late may I started receiving calls/messages from my family that my grandmother hasn't been well. At first I thought it wasn't going to be too bad bc we've been down this road and it usually all goes well, until this time. About a week later I got the news that she was hospitalized, and then I knew I really had to go and help her get through this. I've posted about this a while ago but I've been helping out my friends by driving their kid to school for the past year or more and it's pretty out of the way from where I live so I can't like go back home bc if I did that I'd have like 10-20 minutes then I'd have to go back out to get the kid back from school and that's just a huge waste of gas money x.x so I stick around nearby and walk/shop/etc, and find a nice place to study for college. At least I used to before my grandmother got sick so now I dedicate that time to be with her since she is somewhat close to the school. Because of this I have to study at home, which wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being pressured by my family...

By mid-june my grandmother starts getting better, and what happens? She gets covid by July. She has it for the rest of the month until august, and now she's saying she feels worse than she did in may/june. Kid's summer camp ends, so I stayed at her home to take care of things. Stuff hasn't changed much since then, I don't know if I can begin to describe what a nightmare this all has been, I don't even know what to expect next.

All of this happening between my grandmother's illness and the pressure to study it's not only affected my mental stability but my ability to create art. This dopey pixel comic is the first thing I've done in almost 3 months. Because of this I was ashamed to go online without completed commissions/general content, so I wait until next day in case I get some progress on art done. But the progress doesn't happen because I'm either too stressed or too exhausted. The cycle repeats, and I basically ended up backing off the internet for all this time. It was a stupid thing I did, and I should've been braver than this. I left too many people on hold all this time and I'm really sorry, and don't blame/mind you canceling your order or considering to do so.

That being said, I am back online and I will get as much commissions done as possible like a responsible adult. Thank you all for your support all these years <3
BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO

ImageImageImageImageImage
❤︎ Artist ❤︎ BLM ❤︎ Toyhou.se ❤︎
❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
Status: Catching up on all owed art, if I owe you something please PM me in case I've forgotten!
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *Rises From My Grave*

Postby ajax.shup » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:06 am

I'm glad you're back, and I'm so sorry to hear about how everything has been! We all go through our rougher times, what matters is that you got back on your feet in the end <3
━━━━━━━━
link
toyhouse

coding credit

████████
• • • • • •
ajax.shup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Funkyfandom » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:23 am

welcome back!
Funkyfandom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:57 am

Oh my goodness that sounds so horrid, im sorry to hear about what you have been dealing with for the past few months. ;;

While i will say that it is great to see you again, please also be sure to take care of yourself and dont push yourself beyond what you can handle with such a heavy load already on your back asdfsgs. ( know whats a crazy thing to say since it already sounds like youve been pushed to your limit already aaa)

Anyway im sending some huge hugs your way and youre always welcome to toss a PM into my inbox if you ever need anyone to unload some more thoughts onto. <3
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SputnikSplash » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:04 pm

Thank you all so much for the kind comments <3 <3 <3
Y'all are the best
BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO

❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
Status: Catching up on all owed art, if I owe you something please PM me in case I've forgotten!
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Falaffle » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma's health, I myself know what you have been through. I lost my grandpa last September, will be a year on the 21st. and my grandmas health is massively going downhill as well.so I know all about family health issues, just don't forget to take care of yourself!

if you ever need anyone to vent to don't be afraid to reach out to me <3
Falaffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:00 pm

Welcome back and I hope things get better for you and your family. You never should have to apologize for something like this; your own, and those your care for's, healths come first. Always.

On a separate note, I love the representing artwork you drew for this update; it made me laugh a little (and I needed that today) <3

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SputnikSplash » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:20 am

Thank you both for the support <3

gardog wrote:I love the representing artwork you drew for this update; it made me laugh a little (and I needed that today) <3

Glad ya liked it XD tbh it's kinda how it feels too: like when you've been inactive for so long your ocs are surprised to be drawn again lol

❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me