❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ] by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 46 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:04 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☙ ❅❆❅ ❧━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Image [ Main Page ] [ Sign Ups ] [ Prompts ] [ Games ] [ Adopts ] [ Shop ] [ Event Bank ] [ NPC Blog ] Image
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ [ Intro ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:43 pm

art by Schnuffel Bunny
    As you finish writing your name in the guest book, you feel a massive paw on your shoulder, and turn around to see a large and intimidating Kalon. He looks like a snow leopard with two tails, and the biggest paws you've ever seen. His eyes are glowing as he stares down at you with an unreadable expression, as if sizing you up. You wonder briefly if maybe you've wandered into the wrong place, and you aren't supposed to be here. Before you can start making excuses however, a huge grin splits the man's face and he lets out a warm laugh, squeezing your shoulder with more gentleness than one would imagine from those enormous clawed paws.

He booms, voice deep and gruff, but friendly, "Welcome to the Firefox Inn!"

It appears you're in the right place after all.

"You must be here for the festival! Let's get you settled into a room, and then you can explore the village! We've got loads to do around here, especially this time of year! OH!" He looks a bit sheepish, but smiles. "I'm Toma. Feel free to come to me if you need anything at all during your stay!"

Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ [ Current Prompt ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:44 pm

x
x
x

art by Schnuffel Bunny
x
x
x
x
x
x

The Festival feast was so exciting. You ate and danced and laughed and had a wonderful time with all the new friends you've made here in the village. Everyone spent time together well into the night, when the stars came out and the fires cast flickering shadows over the forest. Slowly everyone was too tired to continue, saying "goodbyes" and "until tomorrow" as they all trickled home. Toma carried a worn out and fast asleep Yuki back to the Inn, Beckett following behind them and tucking the kit's hair away from his face.

You give one last glance back to the table piled with food for the cryptid, only to find it... empty.

When did that happen? You rub your eyes to make sure you're not seeing things, but it really is empty, gone in the blink of an eye. You hope whatever ate the food enjoyed it, every single dish made by this community with love. You're sure it did.

You're feeling exhausted yourself, so you make your way back to the Firefox. You feel a soft breeze blow through the field, and it's a little warmer than before. Spring really is on the way. And then... As you stand alone in the dark, amidst melting snow and under the stars, you look back to the trees and you see it.

Your Kalon catches sight of Winter Cryptid. What happens?

Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 19 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ [ Rules & Guidelines ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:46 pm

Rᴜʟᴇs & Gᴜɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs

You may answer the daily prompt with either art or writing! [But not both!]
    There is no placement for prompts! All entries that meet the minimum requirements and are in on time will receive 15 Snow Shines.
    You must include the Kalon you registered at Sign-Ups as the main focus, but may include others in addition.
    There is no form for posting prompt responses, but you must link your sign up post to count!

❅❆❅

When you finish your prompt response, post it here.
    Please do not reserve posts.
    If needed, you're allowed to edit your finished entry up until the prompt closes.
    DO NOT MARK THIS THREAD

❅❆❅

If answering in writing, you must have a minimum of 200 words.
    If answering with art, your piece must be at least a clean and recognizable sketch.
    A one sentence caption is allowed for art.

❅❆❅

Prompts are open for about 48 hrs, and end at 8 PM EST [CS rollover]. If you post after the closing post, you will not be counted.
    If you have any questions or concerns, just ask Toma PM me!

Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:47 pm

reserved
    [ OPEN ]

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby _silentsiren_ » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:01 pm

Username & ID number: _silentsiren_ + 804746
    Link to registration on event signup thread: link

Ace shivered, pulling his coat tighter around himself. He wasn’t even sure how he had gotten roped into this vacation, but… it was supposed to be good for him to ’reconnect with nature’. A sigh escaped him as he strapped the boots on tight enough he was certain he couldn’t feel his feet.

The winter air was sharp in his lungs as he breathed a puff in, exhaling and shuddering. ”I miss my bed already.” His eyes scanned the area, using the map and a vague idea of where he was to begin to walk around the area.

”Maybe some coffee will warm me up… I haven’t had any in so long either.” The idea of coffee was a nice one to have, especially with the cold weather. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too busy. The walk wasn’t unbearable but once he reached the shop, the smell of coffee and baked goods tickled a part of his soul that eased his troubles. ”It smells amazing...” A smile made it’s way onto his face as he pulled off his puffy outermost jacket, hanging it over his arm.

With a quick look at the menu, he ordered something relatively simple, a vanilla latte. The coffee warmed his hands and with only a sip, he felt his body relax almost entirely. ”I’m so glad I picked the shop to visit first..” Ace relaxed into a chair, looking out the window with a new appreciation for the cold.
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Username: Clementine Cloud
Sign-up Post:
Prompt:
Adeline was not accustomed to the cold and the crunch of the snow beneath her feet. After her introduction to the kind, but a bit imposing Toma at the inn, and getting her personal items settled into her room, it was time for Adeline to explore the winter wonderland around her. The village was warm and inviting, and she took some time to explore a few of the buildings and activities. Adeline quickly got overwhelmed however, too many new things all at once filled her mind and she began to find herself turned around and overstimulated.
So her main goal for today was to make the most of the fresh powder snow, and take a walk through the beautiful outdoors that surrounded the village. Kalons of all shapes and colors had been flowing in for the event, (probably part of why she got so overwhelmed, she had never seen so many Kalons all at once!) But not so many of them had made their way back out into the sunny fields of white surrounding them.
Before today, Adeline had never seen snow, she lived in a temperate place normally, but had heard stories of the icy material that winter was so known by. As she walked along, crunch... crunch... crunch... went the snow beneath her paws. She didn't mind the cold, though she did have to bundle up much more than usual, and how wonderful a sight she saw as she walked through the stillness of a winter forest. The sun shone in the sky, beaming down between leaf-less branches, and shattering across the glittering snow. Adeline once more became almost too full of emotion, but this time they were good emotions. The beautiful sight before her filled her with peace and she beamed right back to it. This was just the start of an exciting and wonderful vacation! (309 words)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:42 pm

username: lex.

Hibiscus inspected the room. The evening glow filtering in from the window made it seem like home. The door to the room swung open, and in came her girlfriend, Lorelai. She was carrying the rest of the bags they packed, as well as an unfamiliar basket.
    "Why, there you are honey. What took you so long?" Hibiscus prompted.
    Lorelai caught her breath and set down their luggage with a thud. "Sorry for taking long dear, I got stopped on the way. This cloaked kalon just gave me this basket." she told her.
    Hibiscus raised an eyebrow. "Well, let's set these bags aside, we can unpack later. For now, I'm intrigued about the contents of this so-called mysterious basket."
    They both pushed the luggage's aside and set the basket on a small desk. Together, they pulled the satin ribbons holding it together to reveal:
    "A gift basket?"" Lorelai pondered. "Huh.." she muttered, tilting her head.
    Inside the basket were 2 pairs of mittens, a box of assorted cookies, hot cocoa mix, tea-bags, dried fruits, hand-warming packs and some noodle packets.
    They both looked at the contents of the basket, then to eachother.
    "How lovely! A welcoming gift filled with very cute and useful things. I mean, look at these mittens! They will surely come in handy with all this snow." Lorelai said.
    Hibiscus nodded. "Since we got some tea, why don't I make some for us? Good thing I brought my kettle, I always know what to bring." She said with a chuckle.
    "Alright, I'll start unpacking!" Lorelai exclaimed, already opening all the luggages.

The two kalons were seated on the edge of the bed, sipping on their tea. It was late, and the chamomile aroma was making them sleepy.
    "Say, Hibiscus," said Lorelai. "What do you think we should do or see first tomorrow?"
    Hibiscus paused, drawing in a deep breath, and then exhaling.
    "Flower picking. There are so many sights, but you know I'm a botanist. I can't resist seeing some flowers." she told her with a smile.
    "I knew you would say that honey." Lorelai said with a giggle. "It's a date then. I can't wait!"
    Hibiscus nodded. "It is. Now let's finish this tea so that we can sleep already. I'm exhaused!"
    [375]

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CrystalDragon14 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:58 pm

Username: CrystalDragon14
ID: 1000577
Sign-up post: here

The stormcloud-grey Kalon danced through the snowy streets of the town. In every direction, the cloudless azure sky was blocked by sloping grey mountains topped by the same blissful white that buried the town below.
    Pip was a collector, known for his habit of hoarding everything and anything he could get his paws on. After hearing that the Kalokairi Village was hosting extravagant winter games, he’d traversed the mountains and made his way there in hopes to claim a prize or two for his collection.
    Pip had only just exited the Firefox Inn and he was already missing the comfortable warmth of the building. But he continued on, prancing through the shimmering snow and towards the centre of town in search for Snow Shinies to buy souvenirs.

Snow Shinies were an odd thing, at least in Pip’s opinion. Snowflakes that would never melt, they made a perfect currency for something like the winter games. It had been a few hours now and Pip was carrying a heavy haul of the intricate, glittering things.
    The warmth of the Firefox Inn shocked him as he entered - perhaps the thick snows had changed his perception of ‘normal body temperature’ after half a day outside in it. Pip tossed the bag of Snow Shines into the corner of his room, shaking the frosty snow from his stone-coloured fur and collapsing into the soft bed.
    The rest of the night passed in a haze. Pip was understandably tired, after trudging through the snow since dawn. At one point a blazing orange Kalon had offered him tea which he had quickly accepted and drank.
    Tomorrow he’d do something with the Snow Shinies he’d gotten; Pip had seen all sorts of interesting items for sale.
    If today was only the first day of the winter games, Pip couldn’t wait for the rest.

305 words. I'm not even sure if I followed the theme right...
i don't know what you mean by 'edit your writing'-
Female - she/her pronouns
Artist - Animator - Writer
🐈‍⬛ I like cats 🐈
Avarus adopt species
CrystalDragon14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parker; » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:09 pm

username: parker; - 692500
    prompt: Image

local flowers, wildlife, and the environment around the activities.
Last edited by parker; on Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
parker;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me