Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[Open! Hiring Staff!] Fennewhirls by Birdy

Based on Click to view
Artist Birdy [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

by Birdy

[Open! Hiring Staff!] Fennewhirls

Postby Birdy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:44 pm

original lines © Geiger the Robot; line edits © Cubeau

Main ThreadRules/GuidelinesStaffTraits & RaritiesShop
Artist SearchMYOs/Customs ⋆ Archive ⋆ Bank ⋆ Trading/Gifting ⋆
Nursery ⋆ Discord ⋆

┏--------------------------Image--------------------------┓

Now hiring all staff!

┖---------------------------------------------------------------------┚

What are Fennewhirls? wrote:xxxNative to the desert, Fennewhirls are a newly discovered vulpine with some pretty interesting qualities! Almost as if somebody mixed a fennex fox and armadillo, Fennewhirls are quite small in size [roughly 1ft tall and 2ft in length] and covered in a leathery shell that stretches along their spine, limbs, tail, and parts of their face. This exoskeleton provides protection from the desert's harsh climate as well as from predators. They also have been known to curl up into a ball and roll around for quicker travel!

xxxAnother fun feature of the Fennewhirl is that they come in all sorts of colors and patterns. Not necessarily abiding by natural tones, Fennewhirls have been spotted in all colors of the rainbow- as well as rainbow, itself! Likewise, Fennewhirls can range from plain coats to stripes, spots, and even more intricate designs.
Last edited by Birdy on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Rules

Postby Birdy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Note: species rules may be changed or added upon as needed.

♡ The Fennewhirls' community is one based on respect, courtesy, and acceptance; no bullying or harassment of any form will be tolerated!
♡ This is a closed species, meaning you may not create your own Fennewhirl(s) without the use of MYO/custom or permission from the species owner (Cubeau).
♡ As of now, there is no limit to how many Fennewhirls a user may own.
♡ Storage threads are not required but highly encouraged!
♡ Fantasy aspects outside the realm of traits are allowed (i.e., magical powers, etc.), though you must be careful not to include any traits that do not apply to your Fennewhirl! Non-natural/passable acceptions may be permissible (i.e., prosthetic horns/wings, makeup/body paint, etc.) although your Fennewhirl must have a reference without them.

Note: trading/gifting rules may be changed or added upon as needed.

♡ Fennewhirls may be traded within the species (i.e., Fennewhirl for Fennewhirl), but may not be traded outside of the species!
♡ Fennewhirls may not be sold, auctioned, or purchased in any form, including CS pets/currencies, dA points, USD or any other form of currency.
♡ Items may be traded for other items, but may not be traded for Fennewhirls/vise versa.
♡ Users are allowed to engage in one Fennewhirl trade per month, and one item trade per month.
♡ Trades and Gifting both have their respective procedures to follow in order for it to be official (coming soon!)
♡ Users may gift any number of Fennewhirls or items, with no limits- just be sure to follow the proper procedure when doing so!
Last edited by Birdy on Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Staff Rules

Postby Birdy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Species Owner/Creator
♡ Original lines credit to Geiger the Robot (with minor edits by Cubeau)
♡ Owner: Cubeau

Species Artists
Cubeau

Nursery Artists
Cubeau

Ghost Artists

Guest Artists

Moderators

Archivists
Archive:
Arcvhie:
Bank:
Bank:

Note: staff rules may be changed or added upon as needed.

♡ All staff must do their best to be unbiased, fair, and respectful to all members of the community.
♡ All staff must abide by all species and CS rules.
Artists must commit to a minimum of one unique design per month in order to obtain staff perks. An artist that goes over 3 months without a unique design will be moved to Ghost Artist status. An artist that goes over 6 months without a unique design will be removed from staff.
Ghost Artsits must commit to a minimum of one unique design per 3 months in order to receive staff perks. A ghost artist that goes 6 months without a unique design will be removed from staff.
Nursery Artists must commit to a minimum of one nursery batch per 2 months in order to receive staff perks. A nursery artist that goes 6 months without a nursery batch will be removed from staff.
Nursery Artists must also commit to the growths of their nursery batches. A nursery artist that does not grow a batch within 2 months of it being able to be grown will be removed from staff.
Moderators must commit to assisting with questions/concerns/disputes within the community in order to receive staff perks. A moderator that has not been active for over 3 months will be removed from staff.
Archivists must commit to the regular management and upkeep of the species archive(s) in order to receive staff perks. An archivist that has not been active for over 3 months will be removed from staff.

Note: artists with multiple roles (i.e., Artist and Nursery Artist) may stack their items; this means they will receive perks from each role!

Artists/Ghost Artists
♡ One uncommon custom per month of activity
♡ 20 Dung Beetles per unique design (to be cashed in monthly)
♡ +10 Dung Beetles per runner up (not required)

Nursery Artists
*note: if an artist is only active every 2 months, this will mean 1 custom in a 2-month period; if an artist is active each month, this will mean 2 customs in a 2-month period
♡ 30 Dung Beetles per nursery batch (to be cashed in monthly)
♡ +10 Dung Beetles per nursery growth (to be cashed in monthly)

Moderators
♡ +10 Dung Beetles per month of activity

Archivists
♡ +10 Dung Beetles per month of activity

All Staff
♡ One rare custom bonus per 6 months of activity
♡ +50 Dung Beetles per 6 months of activity

Staff may choose to progress or upgrade their staff perks over time!

♡ 2 uncommon customs = 1 rare custom
♡ 3 rare customs = 1 fabled custom
Last edited by Birdy on Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Traits & Rarities

Postby Birdy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm

Non-Rarity
♡ eye edit
♡ muzzle edit
♡ whisker edit
♡ claws
♡ fangs
♡ weight
♡ tattoos/body paint (must not exceed >50% of design, and ref. without should be made!)
♡ expression
♡ accessories
♡ companions

Common
♡ fur edit (excluding backmane)
♡ ear edit
♡ tail edit
♡ multi-colored scales *gradients of the same color count as 1 color, gradients of 2+ colors count as multi-colored*

Uncommon
♡ hair
♡ backmane
♡ scale shape edit (note: the scales should still be the same amount and roughly the same size)
♡ pupil edit (including no pupils)
♡ heterochromia
♡ paw pad shape
♡ designs on scales *gradients are considered common, anything else is uncommon*

Rare
♡ horns (on head only)
♡ halos
♡ back spikes
♡ addition/removal of scales (max. of 5)
♡ addition/removal of limbs (max 1 set, includes partial limbs)
♡ addition/removal of eyes (max 2 pairs addition/3 pairs total)
♡ glow
♡ leg length edit (shorter/longer)

Fable
♡ wings (max of 1 set)
♡ multiple tails (max of 5)
♡ elemental traits (i.e., limb made of fire, tail made of water, etc.)
♡ addition/removal of scales exceeding 5 (no limit)
♡ seasonal forms/design changes (max of 2)
♡ spikes/horns on parts of body other than head/back
♡ tailless
♡ earless
♡ exposed bone (no blood!)
♡ transparency
♡ multiple heads (max of 2)

Traits/Accessories NOT Allowed
♡ genesplicing
♡ excessive gore/nsfw
♡ wigs (hair must be counted as a hair trait- wigs may be used in cannon/story-building, but should not appear on any ref)
Last edited by Birdy on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Opening Soon!] Fennewhirls

Postby // Kzryail » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm

Mark
// Kzryail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Open! Hiring Staff!] Fennewhirls

Postby Birdy » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:52 pm

Fennewhirls is now officially open! To begin, we're opening up applications for staff members!
To apply for an artist position, please refer to our Artist Search thread! To apply for any other position, please post the appropriate forms on this thread!
Please review the Staff Rules before applying!

Moderator Application
Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]list any relevant mod experience:[/b]
[b]roughly how much time can you dedicate to the species on a weekly basis?:[/b]
[b]have you reviewed and agree to the staff rules?:[/b]

Archivist Application
Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]which position would you like to apply for?:[/b] ("archive upkeep" or "bank upkeep")
[b]are you willing/able to create the relevant document/thread?:[/b] (google docs for bank, CS thread for archive)
[b]list any relevant archivist experience:[/b]
[b]roughly how much time can you dedicate to the species on a weekly basis?:[/b]
[b]have you reviewed and agree to the staff rules?:[/b]
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -icarus- » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:01 pm

username: freaky!
which position would you like to apply for?: archive upkeep
are you willing/able to create the relevant document/thread?: yes, I can even set it up now if you'd like ^^
list any relevant archivist experience: n/a, this'll be my first archivist position!
roughly how much time can you dedicate to the species on a weekly basis?: I do have school for the majority of the day, but after that I tend to fall into the CS rabbithole... so 7-10 hours + whatever free time I have over the weekends-
have you reviewed and agree to the staff rules?: yep!
The Band of Misfits | they/them | collectors of eggs... and hamsters | &
diagnosed anxiety disorder and ADHD, sd 'tism
Pokefarm Q | Final Outpost |
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image
-icarus-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby // Kzryail » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:32 pm

username: // Kzryail
list any relevant mod experience:
- Discord moderation, watching the flow of many servers with lots of user activity, facilitating content and making sure it abides by rules.
- Roleplay moderator, making sure roleplayers stay within the community's rules and members are being respected.
roughly how much time can you dedicate to the species on a weekly basis?: Roughly 7 hour per week, 1 hour spread over the course of a week. Number may fluctuate depending on real life responsibilities.
have you reviewed and agree to the staff rules?: Yes.

username: // Kzryail
which position would you like to apply for?: archive upkeep and/or bank upkeep. Open to apply to one, or both.
are you willing/able to create the relevant document/thread?: Yes, along with managing the code and content.
list any relevant archivist experience:
- Tatsumon Archivist, up keeping the spreadsheet of ownership.
- Managing my personal ToyHouse and my characters
roughly how much time can you dedicate to the species on a weekly basis?: Roughly 7 hour per week, 1 hour spread over the course of a week. Number may fluctuate depending on real life responsibilities.
have you reviewed and agree to the staff rules?: Yes

Last bumped by Birdy on Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:32 pm.
// Kzryail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me