Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

STA Dev - Prompt #3 by Loelya

Based on Click to view
Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

STA Dev - Prompt #3

Postby Loelya » Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 pm

This is a Development Prompt!

Write about a time your character got lost.
This could be either literal or metaphorical. Maybe they wandered into an unknown place and aren't sure how to get back the way they came, or maybe they were absolutely sure of their path in life, and what to do to get there, but suddenly stopped one day and realized they aren't sure who they are anymore. Feel free to interpret this prompt in a way that will best fit your character and their story.

Entering for this prompt will enter you in a raffle to win a prize pack of CS pets!
The prize pool can be found here, and the winner will be able to choose 5 pets as their prizes.

This will end at CS rollover to May 20th. The minimum length is 250 words, but there is no maximum for word count.

Form:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Your OC name(s):[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

It's not required, but if you would like to link to art/references of your characters as well, you can do so. Linking references won't change or add to your chances in the raffle; everyone gets one entry.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STA Dev - Prompt #3

Postby ajax.shup » Wed May 19, 2021 2:17 pm

Username: Fall048
Your OC name(s): Aster Corporal (can be found on my TH)
Prompt:
The sound of metal clattering against pavement rang down the near alleyways, followed by desperate grunts as if someone was fighting for their life. Aster, disheveled, stood at the end of an alley with some creature steadily approaching. Her blowgun lay beside her, heavily dented and void of any ammo, not that having ammo would be useful at this point. Her hands reached for her daggers quickly, she made swift slashes in the creature’s direction and barely managed to dodge its responsive attack. Her glasses had cracked leaving her vision slightly skewed, nothing as in focus as it should be, but she could swear she saw someone pass her and the creature, leaving them behind to handle their business. Maybe it was a crew mate of hers, but they wouldn’t have hesitated to come to her aide. The creature swept its clawed hand out at her knocking her into the wall on her left. She could feel her ribs ache, the little armor she wore having made this impact harsher on her than she felt it should’ve been. As she pushed up to her feet, hands shaky but grip around her dagger firm, the creature turned its attention else where. She took her opportunity and slashed at it, making deep cuts. The creature let out guttural groans as it turned its attention back to her. The brawl didn't last much longer before Aster managed to escape.
Her feet dragged as she jogged through the unfamiliar streets. Nothing was as she had expected it to be despite her in-depth study of the map of the town she was meant to be in. It made her wonder, had she mixed up maps? Maybe a crew member had swapped them out assuming the one in her quarters was from their last voyage, and that she hadn't moved on to the next map on the pile. The dark of the night embraced her, giving the sensation of her clothes clinging to her body a more eerie feeling. She stumbled into a small shop, nothing but layers of beaded curtain as its door, and fell to the ground before she could muster up her plea for help. "Lost," she managed, her breathing heavy. Her hands left impressions of blood and sweat on the weathered wooden floor as she forced herself back to her feet, leaning heavily against the nearest wall she could find. "Attacked in an alley. I'm so terribly sorry for the blood," she drew in a deep breath, the sensation of her lungs filling and then emptying somewhat calming, "I need to get back to the docks."
Her fate was now in the hands of this seemingly concerned stranger, whom's floor she had just bled all over. Maybe they wouldn't help her, but right now they were the only hope she had to get back to her ship and head off to whatever place the map had really dictated.
━━━━━━━━
link
toyhouse

coding credit

████████
• • • • • •
ajax.shup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STA Dev - Prompt #3

Postby Loelya » Thu May 20, 2021 4:34 pm

This prompt is now closed! Since there was only one entry, there's no drawing needed, so congratulations to Fall048! ♡ Please feel free to send me a trade whenever you're ready to pick out five pets from the prize pool~ ^^
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups