Artist DecafBunny [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by trans

Kalon #1887 •

Postby DecafBunny » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 pm

This kalon has been in my saved for so long. Special thanks to Kolyakun who did the paws for me when I couldn't get them right. I couldn't have finished this kalon w/o them <3

To win this kalon, tell me a time when a special treat has made their lives better or worse. Treat can be literal or it can be figurative c: The word limit is 500.

Code: Select all
      [list][list]
      [b]Username:[/b]
      [b]Name:[/b]
      [b]Story:[/b][/list][/list]

Traits:
      NR: Weight (Chubby)
      S: Hair, Shine
      C: Tail, Fur
      U: Ears

Ends on the 11th of April
      Also, yes this kalon is inspired by the pokemon Alcreamie <3
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1887 •

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:50 pm

mark
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Res

StayArmy
Studying to be a marine biologist
I love miraculous Ladybug, K-dramas,
photography
Anime, Manga, Nature, k-pop

Taking a hiatus from cs, only active for kalons/art
TH Kalons Art Shop ©
"Dreams come true to those who truly want them"

₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain dude » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:28 am

Username: captain dude
      Name: Ginger
      Story:
      Ginger eyed the Amazon shopping cart with glee and a hint of unsurity. Her mother had always saved online shopping for special occasions. But now that she was in college and had her own account, living on her own, online shopping didn’t have to be so rare. Or should it?, she wondered. Could her mother have been on to something, or was it just a family quirk?

Nevertheless, she hit “Check Out” and waited with anticipation for her cute new bed set to arrive. Moving into a new dorm was reason enough to “treat yo’ self”. Sure enough, within two days, it was all there! She busied herself with adding comforters and mattress toppers and putting decorative pillows on her bed and couch. She stepped back to admire her work. There!

But still the room looked a little... bare. The desk! The room hadn’t come with anything other than the standard drawers, desk and bed (your room-and-board money for you, she thought sarcastically). There really wasn’t anything there except for the desk itself and that wouldn’t do for studying. Another purchase couldn’t hurt, she thought. After all, she’d be spending a whole lot of time studying in her room, so why not enjoy it? She’d never got to decorate her room before; it was always shared with her four little sisters, and there’s not much room for artistic flair with wall-to-wall bunk beds. And besides, she promised herself, this would be the last splurge.

A few figurines, a desk light, some Narnia bookends, and a potted strawberry plant later and the desk was looking much more fun. Now I know I’ll spend more time studying here, she said to herself. But still, something was missing.

With a sigh, telling herself this would be the last purchase for real this time, Ginger clicked to confirm an express delivery for wall decor and lights, right in time to put them up before her roommate got there. She wanted so badly to impress her new college roommate. She had already called her and asked if she could put up some decor, to which her roommate agreed. Plus, if it looks really special, their room could be the spot where all their new friends went to kick back and relax.

Her new roommate arrived just an hour after she finished stringing electric paper lantern lights, putting up wall art, and hanging pictures of beautiful tropical beaches.

“Wow!” She exclaimed, beaming in delight. “It’s looking amazing! Glad to see my new roomie’s got great taste!”

They chatted for some time, before her new friend handed her something.

“Oh! I almost forgot! This was in our mailbox with your name on it.”

Ginger opened it and a wave of nausea washed over her. It was her credit card statement. She hadn’t realized how much she had blown on her spending spree! From the looks of it, she’d be getting an on-campus job pretty soon, too. [489/500]
Last edited by captain dude on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:35 am

username: trans
      name: ophelia
      story: the greatest treat is one made with love.

it starts with her hands, calloused from years of pushing pins and rolling dough into shapes. she is tender, but equally firm. she creates with her whole heart, sometimes not speaking to anyone for hours. you admire her dedication, you have watched her since you were both just young little things, in the window of the bakery... nowhere you think a princess ought to be, but maybe no one else realizes but you that she is one. your mama always said you had the best intuition in town. supernatural almost, you remember she said once, when you had managed to avoid getting knocked into the river below by a runaway market cart.

...what were you talking about again? oh, yes, you remember now.

it starts with her hands, and it follows her to her elbows. elbows bumping closed cabinets, elbows pushing the oven closed when all her are full (again, you note. her hands are always doing something.), elbows knocking into sharp edges of the counter and there's a quiet sound of pain that you would likely have missed, if it were not you who was listening, before she goes right back into it.

it starts with her hands, and it follows her to her elbows, and then it ends with her head. pies balanced perfectly atop her unnaturally golden hair, flour and bits of dough that flew out of the mixing bowl and chocolate marks on her cheeks, because she forgot that she had dipped a finger into the chocolate to make sure it was the right consistency. you watch as she somehow manages not to drop a single crumb of that apple pie, spill a single bit of pudding, or lose a single cookie.

you watch her bake, and bake, and bake. it's all she ever does. you wonder what it's for, why she does it. she never speaks to you, even though you are positive that she knows you're here, wanting to go in and approach her, but afraid to even so much as wave through the glass.

one day, you finally get the courage to ask her. you walk in, hands trembling, ears pinned back in anxiety. your nerves nearly keep you from talking, a scalding flame that goes all the way up your throat, but somehow, you manage to get out. for the first time in years, she stops in the middle of baking.

"why do you bake?" you ask. she simply smiles, and she turns to you fully now, and she dots a bit of cookie dough on your nose, and it's so cold that it makes your nose scrunch up.

she seems to be at a loss for words, as she just sighs and looks down... and then she says, with the warmest, most alive look in her eyes that you have ever seen since you began passing by the bakery each day, "because of love."

after that, cookies become your favorite thing to eat.

{ 500 / 500 words }
Last edited by trans on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 am

Username: SilentMelody
        Name:
        Story: Mark!!
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:34 am

Username: loverboy_
      Name: Valentine
      Story: “I’ve got something for you!” Valentine’s dad called up from the ground floor. Valentine sprang up from her bed and ran down the stairs, eager to see what this something was. Her dad sat on the floor next a big box, preparing to cut through the packing tape holding it shut.
      “What is that?” Valentine had never seen such a big package. “Looks like it was expensive.” Her dad shrugged.
      “I think it’ll be worth it.” He sliced through the tape and opened the box. Inside were many smaller plastic bags. Valentine plucked one out, and gasped.
      “These are binders!” She had been considering buying one or two, but held off due to being a kid with no money. Valentine’s dad smiled.
      “I wasn’t sure which you would like so I bought a few extras.”
      “A few!?” There were at least twelve binders in the box, plain and patterned, full and half. “You didn’t have to do this.” Her dad shrugged again.
      “I know. But I thought it would be nice to have them. You know, like a special treat.” Valentine felt tears in her eyes.
      “Thank you.” She said, before she choked up too much to speak. Her dad opened his arms.
      “C’mere kid.” Valentine accepted the hug gratefully.

From then on, whenever Valentine’s gender shifted to male, he pulled a binder from the big box his dad had bought him.
Last edited by Brainiac5 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:20 am

Username: Cinnamon Heart
      Name: Rosemary
      Story: A very anxious kalon, Rosemary had always had to be occupied with something. One day, as she was cooking and multitasking as usual, her roommate walked in. "You should treat yourself to some free time, you know" he'd said. "Free time? How would I do that?" Rosemary had responded. "You don't. You just do nothing. Lie in bed, sit down, look out the window, but to nothing. Think nothing." her roommate had explained. And then he'd walked right back out the door.

Rosemary was surprised she'd never thought of that. She'd always wanted to feel less stressed, so she tried different activities: sports, yoga, meditation, listening to music... But nothing ever helped. She always felt pressured to do well, and never managed to feel less stressed.

She felt a little apprehensive, but quickly got the hang of doing nothing. Soon, she was taking regular breaks where she did absolutely nothing. Now, she's still anxious, but a lot less stressed, and her marks even went up! Who would have thought - treating herself to some true free time was one of the best things she'd ever done for herself.

[186 words]
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MuddyPawprints » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:00 am

Username: . branded .
      Name: aster
      Story:

Once upon a time...

Actually, wait a second, this isnt a fairy tale. It's a very real story, about a very real kalon. Who doesn't live in a fairy land.

Aster lived her life in squalor, always wearing the handmedowns of her older cousins and using the worn out, cheap backpacks from last year's cast asides. Her family did the best they could... But they lived in a broken home, surrounded by broken things and all living broken lives. They often times all fought, argued, yelled...

Aster was no different from them, learning to use words as weapons and take anything she could get her paws on that would help make her life more bearable back home. Cracks in the surface of her façade were becoming extremely few and far between as she learned to perfect her mask of happiness and cheer to show the outside world that she was okay, despite being anything but.

She never viewed her life as a fairy tale dream, but she began to see it as a nightmare.

Time didn't wait for her to catch her bearings. It never would, and she learned to roll with the punches... And learned to throw some of her own. Everything in her narrowed down world was off kilter and off balence, shaking and dizzying and she just couldn't tell right from wrong at this point in her short existance.

So when her father lost his job again and there was another food shortage at hand, she stole what she needed and then some from her friends. It didn't start off small, either, like the other times she had to do something of the sort. Aster jumped right into taking and taking and taking and-

Well, when you're so blatent about your con jobs, you're bound to be found out much sooner than later.

One of her childhood friends turned revolving door of food she could steal caught her blue handed when she took his package of blueberries out of his lunch pack almost literally right in front of him. He'd turned around for one second to look at some other students filing into the cafeteria and... She was digging around in there, plain as day.

"Aster!"

She looked up, but there was no guilt on her face. Only a profound sadness barely hidden by the false stoney-eyed look she forced on immediately.

"Aster... You can just have it, you know? You could have asked. I know... how bad your family can be. So, if you're hungry, you can share my lunches. Okay? You really don't need to do that..."

Aster looked horribly surprised in that moment, the stone crumbling away under real gratitude and shock. But the look didn't last long, if only because Harvey was suddenly locked into a bear hug.

She didn't say anything, and she didn't need to.

Maybe her life would never be a fairy tale, but it didn't also need to be a nightmare.

492/500

MuddyPawprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:43 pm

Username: Andromeda
      Name: Dixie
      Story:

"Have ya ever seen that movie about that daawwgg that gets rescued by that girl? I can't remember what she named him..Winn somethin..anyways! Remember those Littmus Lozenges? They said some guy made them during war time to bring some sweetness to people's lives, even after he'd lost everything. Seems pretty sweet to me!"

Dixie pulls a handful of yellow wrapped candies from her pocket and holds them out to you, an offering.

"Uh-fortunately he was a real sad guy, and his sadness made the candies taste sad too. I didn't think they were real, ya know? Just movie stuff...but they are! My friend sent some to me from Arizona, dunno where she gottem..but she says they're real and I believe it! I don't really eat 'em anymore on account of they make me feel sad kinda...but you should try one, specially if you don't believe me!"

She holds her open palm closer to you, gesturing with a nod of her head for you to take one.

"Well anyway, like I said. I tried one once and it made me feel real sad, it made me miss my brother, he went missing out at sea a few years back. I still hope everyday that he'll turn up but...that candy made it feel kinda hopeless and I didn't like that! I guess you could say it made me hope even more, knowing how awful abandoning hope feels...I never wanna feel that way again! So I guess the candy kinda helped me in a way? I dunno, maybe it could help you too somehow!"

──-───────────
She/Her
I love cyan and space and narrative video games

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────────────

Chat with me about literally anything..
Life is Strange 2, COD, Smite, AC, Mass Effect
DC > Marvel