Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

STA #YCH01 by Loelya

Based on Click to view
Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Loelya

STA #YCH01

Postby Loelya » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:35 am

This is a writing competition!

To enter, write a scene that involves your character looking down at their reflection in the surface of a pond. This can be connected to your larger story, or can be a standalone scene! The contest will be judged on how well the writer pulls the reader in to their character's inner thoughts and how well the character's emotional state is portrayed (are they hopeful? wrestling with something? feeling numb?)

The winner will receive the above scene filled out with their character in this style: xxx - xxx - xxx
I will take cues from your writing for how to color/tone the scene - I'll use bright colors if your character is feeling positive or somber colors if your character is struggling with something.

You must link an appropriate reference of your character to enter, otherwise I won't be able to draw them! You can link any type of character; the reason I haven't drawn a base in the scene is to leave it open for both feral and humanoid character possibilities.

The winner should credit my art tumblr "fihyn-art" please, instead of my CS profile, for the artwork. ^^
This will end at CS rollover to March 31st!

Form:
Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]character:[/b] (name and ref link)
[b]scene:[/b]
Last edited by Loelya on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STA #YCH01

Postby Lex. » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 am

username: Lex.
character: (name and ref link)
scene:

res!

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ℋoney » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:21 am

ImageImage
    username: honey

character: Orion

tune: I think this fits with the writing and Orion pretty well. There are a few curse words, Jon Bellion - Eyes To The Sky

scene:
    When someone is known for something its quite unusual for them to ever stray from what they are known for due to the fear of the publics reaction. Orion is one of those komohaerts who had this fear. Other komohaerts saw him as the guy who always looked forward or to the sky, never did he ever look down... at least around others. He was literally named after this trait of himself, Orion means rising in the sky and everyone expected this of him. They all expected him to keep his head high or to the sky and he never wanted to disappoint other komohaerts, or be seen as anything else in their eyes. This became such an overwhelming obsession that he gained a phobia for looking down.

What could be so difficult about just looking down? Its something I asked myself too, but now I understand. It isn't just looking down, its looking defeated, its letting yourself down, feeling anything but prideful and happy, its more than just looking down. It is being your actions. He believed that if he stayed looking up he would never feel down. If he kept his eyes forward and up, the worst he could feel is neutral, but never down. As said previously Orion has a fear of being sad, so anything that resembles this is something he will avoid as much as he possibly can.

So, how did we get here, to this scene of Orion doing what he never thought he could. Well, his best friend Frances picked up on this one day. They were out together in the woods just playing around and chatting about things. Frances and him are practically family so how could she not pick up on this. With a bit of pushing she was able to get him to open up to her and she didn't judge him, which took Orion by surprise. And of course Frances wanted to help him as it was having an impact on him, while she couldn't get him over his fear by talking to him she thought of something else.

One day she lead him to a pond, the pond you see above, and she leaned over showing her reflection. She explained to him what would happen and what she saw, that even though he would be looking down he would be seeing the sky in the reflection. She explained that he could look down with the illusion of looking up! It did take him a while to finally take the chance, but he eventually did, it was like a breath of fresh air for him. He felt a wave of relief (not only for his tired neck) but because he finally could do something he was terrified of. Granted he wont look down anywhere but over the water...

species: these (one, two) may be helpful if you choose to draw them <3

pixel credits: sky grass

ImageImageImage
Last edited by ℋoney on Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
ℋoney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:27 am

username: Moonlight Heavens
character: (name and link)
scene:
Wip
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax.shup » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:46 am

username: Fall048
character: Aster Corporal (I really do apologize for lack of full-body ref. I'm more than willing to explain/describe over pm)
scene:
Aster's first time on a supply run is one she will never forget. Finally the captain of her own ship, the leader of her own crew, it felt nice to dock and wander a new town in search of the objects they needed, as well as being able to pick up a few "odd-jobs" from shops, inns, and pubs in town. As her crew loaded the ship Aster allowed herself to wander, trusting her crew to do their jobs as they were meant to. She made her way down to a pond she had happened passed as she explored the town, settling on a rock at the edge of the pond. The sheath of her sword lay on the cool rock besides her as she sat herself criss-cross, leaning forward briefly to run her fingertips against the cool pond water.
As Aster did this, she caught a glimpse of herself in the slightly rippled surface. Whilst the water stilled she began to smile at her own reflection. The more she focused on it, the brighter her smile became. She had never really had the chance to reflect on just how far she had come since she was a young ship mate. Her left knee lifted to allow Aster access to her pockets to pull out the small leather-bound journal she kept tucked away. Within its pages were entries about adventures, foods, flavors, and people she had experienced in recent times. In her quarters on the ship sat other journals from when she was younger.
Instead of recounting her day she recounted how proud she was of herself and how thankful she was to have her crew. The cool breeze brushed her neck and played with her hair as she scribbled away, small laughs escaping her lips as she wrote about her friends (ship mates). Quickly, she had lost track of time. The air became cooler as the sun began to set, a hoarse voice calling out her name as she tucked her journal back in its pocket. With one last smile at herself, she rose from her seated position and jogged over the the ship mate that had come to look for her, swiftly apologizing for getting lost in her mind for so long.
━━━━━━━━
link
toyhouse

coding credit

████████
• • • • • •
ajax.shup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:06 pm

Due to request, I’m going to extend this competition’s deadline, ending at CS rollover to April 6th. This extension is only for those who have already posted/reserved forms. ^^
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ℋoney » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:34 am

goodluck ! <3

━━("hope” is the thing with feathers)━(That perches in the soul)

honey // she her // friendly // aries
hello! I'm back <3 or at least trying to be
hmu if your interested or looking to rp <3
thsaleartshop ● ℋoney#0554 ●

━━(And sings the tune without the words)━(And never stops - at all)
ℋoney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:36 pm

I’m calling this a bit late, but this is closed for judging! <3
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:56 pm

.: fae :. wrote:username: .: fae :.
character: Nywynn [x] [x] [x]- he is well over a hundred, but appears to be in his late twenties/ early thirties
scene:
[just for a little context, this is set in a world with a fictional pantheon of deities, and my oc is a demi/god son of the god of death. He is going to the goddess of water and seers to gain insight into a mystery. Beltee is his colleague and this is her [x] - just so you know kinda roughly what's happening]

[snip]

I'm announcing this entry as the winner! thank you so much to everyone for sharing glimpses of your character's developments here.

I'll be working on the finished piece as steadily as possible, and I'll pm you when the art is completed. ^^
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups