Based on Click to view
Artist Oceanfosh [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Cohors Setter | 100

Postby Oceanfosh » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:52 am

OWO ITS MILESTONE TIME
You must have a kennel thread and have it updated in the archive, or not already have a setter, to be able to adopt!

To win this setter, run me through their daily routine. How you interpret this prompt is up to you, but try to go further than just a plain description :)
min 200 words, no max

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Kennel Thread:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

March 5th, 11:59 PM EST

Username: Chanceuxcat
    Name: Lightspeed's Perseverance // Percy
    Kennel Thread: Lightspeed Kennels
    Height + Weight: 27 inches, 35kg
    Coat: Merle and cream point with vitiligo
    Genetics: atat / Bb / Dd / Cce / Ee / gg / hh / kyky / Mm / ss / tt / UU / zz / Rr
    Note: This dog has a mutation: vitiligo. It has a 1% chance of passing to offspring.

Last edited by Oceanfosh on Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cohors Setter | 100

Postby Chanceuxcat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:52 pm

Username: Chanceuxcat
Prompt:

7:00 am
Sunlight streams through window. Percy's eyes snap open. Time to get up!

7:27 am
His human is up now, with Percy's constant reminders. His harness gets snapped into place and the door is opened.

8:13 am
Their car slows to a stop. Percy's tail wags faster and faster but comes to a halt. People gather around, talking urgently to his human. He doesn't understand it, but he feels that something is... off. It's gonna be one of those days it seems. He tries to his best to stand at attention, though no one is paying any mind to him now. But he has a job to do, and he intends to do it well.

10:59 am
Another car ride, longer this time. Percy had noticed his breath puffing out in clouds, his nose quickly becoming chilled when he stepped outside. White slowly eats up the scenery as Percy and his human drive, until snow seems to cover every inch of the ground. Percy doesn't want to go out. But when his human tugs on his harness in that way, he knows he is needed here. Percy leaps down, snow immediately soaking his paws. He takes a long deep breath. The snow covers everything, suffocating all the normal scents. But he can faintly pick out... there! A human scent, below the snow! Percy runs up to the spot, freezing and pointing at it the way a gundog is meant to. A stroke behind the ears and the humans begin to dig.

2:28 pm
Hours have passed, with Percy finding 23 more humans in the avalanche. He's tired, paws numb from the cold, but he's done a good job. He eats a late lunch and the other search and rescue crew have finally arrived to relieve him. Percy wags his tail at the dog, nodding to her as she passes. He should have had plenty of rest by now. Usually his shifts are shorter, but it seems like this was an unforeseen emergency. Oh well, that's life. Percy is happy to be back in the warm car, driving to a tiny nearby town to sit in a café. As he warms himself by the café's heater, Percy drifts into a peaceful sleep. He's earned it.

5:47 pm
They're driving back to the avalanche site, but not for Percy to work this time. He doesn't mind resting in the car, but after several minutes of his human finishing up some stuff with other humans, Percy realizes that nature is calling. His human lets him out and he does his business. But before hopping back into the car, Percy feels that something is... off. The sun has almost set and it's below freezing out here. Percy wants nothing but to curly up in his cozy car and be home in time for dinner. But he can't ignore that strange sense tugging at him. He can't smell anything, but that hill in the distance looks unusual. Percy's human has noticed his longer-than-usual absence at this point and walks over to him, grabbing his harness. He doesn't move, instead pointing intently at the distant snow pile.
"Common' Percy," his human says, pulling on his harness. He doesn't move. Why doesn't his human understand? Maybe it's too dark out for them to see. It seems he'll have to try harder to show them. Percy starts to move, pulling his human along. He lets out a low whine, a bit closer to the snow pile. His human still doesn't understand, becoming a bit cross.
"It's time to go home boy."
Percy barks, breaking free from his human's hold. He runs over to the pile before his human can stop him. He starts digging, ignoring his human's calls. His claws hit something hard. His human stops calling for him, staring. Then, they turn and yell for other humans. Percy stands back, letting them dig the car out and rescue the people inside. Now he can go home. His name isn't Perseverance for nothing.

9:13 pm
After gobbling down his dinner, Percy collapses in his bed. The day's finally over. He enjoys his work, he really does, but sometimes it's exhausting. Not everyday is this bad, but lately it seems as if he's been getting a reputation. The dog that doesn't give up, one of the best search and rescue dogs they've seen. Percy... well, he likes the sound of that. Because it means he's making a difference. Percy falls into a deep sleep, the sounds of the weatherman on tv buzzing into white noise. But just before he loses consciousness, he hears the man predict floods in the coming week as the snow melts. Looks like his job is far from complete. Well, those floods will have another thing coming if they think they're going to trap people. They haven't seen Percy swim yet!
[807/200 words]
Last edited by Chanceuxcat on Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════╗
she/they
university student
atheist

╚══════════════╝
Currently very anxious and trying to pass my classes so responses/activity may be delayed. Apologies, I'm really going through it and I'm trying my best
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:33 am

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Name:
Kennel Thread: Wild’s Calling Cohors Setter Kennel
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:47 pm

Username: nio
    Name: Rory
    Kennel Thread: sunbeam kennels
    Prompt: Rory wakes up before anyone in the house. The first thing he does is take a big, long drink. Then it's off to his owner's bedroom, to jump all over them and lick their face until they wake up! This usually annoys them, but Rory can tell that deep down they appreciate his kisses!

After waiting forever for his owner to get up and out of bed, Rory finally gets his breakfast. If he's lucky, he get's some of his owner's, too! He loves to beg for bit of bacon and eggs. He does tricks for them! Shake, spin, sit. He's a clever boy, and loves to show off.

Later in the morning, its walk time! The two go for a nice walk as the sun rises higher in the sky. The pass lots of cows and sheep on their walk. Rory's loves the cows, especially! They give him big licks and kisses on his head. It feels great!

After they get home, Rory has a nap on the couch. He's not usually allowed, but after walk naps are special. He has some lunch, and then goes out to the field for a quick training session. Rory loves a busy day!

As the sun begins to set, Rory loves to chew on his favorite plush toy, a plush hot-dog. It even squeaks!

Dinner is always something yummy, and after dinner Rory loves a good cuddle with his owner, before retreating to his crate for a good night's rest.
Last edited by nio on Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AustrianAce » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:46 pm

Username: AustrianAce
Name:
Kennel Thread: here
Prompt: wip!
AustrianAce | She/her | Aspiring Veterinarian | Alpine Aces Kennels
ImageImage

AustrianAce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oceanfosh » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:40 am

Chanceuxcat wrote:Username: Chanceuxcat
Prompt:

7:00 am
Sunlight streams through window. Percy's eyes snap open. Time to get up!

7:27 am
His human is up now, with Percy's constant reminders. His harness gets snapped into place and the door is opened.

8:13 am
Their car slows to a stop. Percy's tail wags faster and faster but comes to a halt. People gather around, talking urgently to his human. He doesn't understand it, but he feels that something is... off. It's gonna be one of those days it seems. He tries to his best to stand at attention, though no one is paying any mind to him now. But he has a job to do, and he intends to do it well.

10:59 am
Another car ride, longer this time. Percy had noticed his breath puffing out in clouds, his nose quickly becoming chilled when he stepped outside. White slowly eats up the scenery as Percy and his human drive, until snow seems to cover every inch of the ground. Percy doesn't want to go out. But when his human tugs on his harness in that way, he knows he is needed here. Percy leaps down, snow immediately soaking his paws. He takes a long deep breath. The snow covers everything, suffocating all the normal scents. But he can faintly pick out... there! A human scent, below the snow! Percy runs up to the spot, freezing and pointing at it the way a gundog is meant to. A stroke behind the ears and the humans begin to dig.

2:28 pm
Hours have passed, with Percy finding 23 more humans in the avalanche. He's tired, paws numb from the cold, but he's done a good job. He eats a late lunch and the other search and rescue crew have finally arrived to relieve him. Percy wags his tail at the dog, nodding to her as she passes. He should have had plenty of rest by now. Usually his shifts are shorter, but it seems like this was an unforeseen emergency. Oh well, that's life. Percy is happy to be back in the warm car, driving to a tiny nearby town to sit in a café. As he warms himself by the café's heater, Percy drifts into a peaceful sleep. He's earned it.

5:47 pm
They're driving back to the avalanche site, but not for Percy to work this time. He doesn't mind resting in the car, but after several minutes of his human finishing up some stuff with other humans, Percy realizes that nature is calling. His human lets him out and he does his business. But before hopping back into the car, Percy feels that something is... off. The sun has almost set and it's below freezing out here. Percy wants nothing but to curly up in his cozy car and be home in time for dinner. But he can't ignore that strange sense tugging at him. He can't smell anything, but that hill in the distance looks unusual. Percy's human has noticed his longer-than-usual absence at this point and walks over to him, grabbing his harness. He doesn't move, instead pointing intently at the distant snow pile.
"Common' Percy," his human says, pulling on his harness. He doesn't move. Why doesn't his human understand? Maybe it's too dark out for them to see. It seems he'll have to try harder to show them. Percy starts to move, pulling his human along. He lets out a low whine, a bit closer to the snow pile. His human still doesn't understand, becoming a bit cross.
"It's time to go home boy."
Percy barks, breaking free from his human's hold. He runs over to the pile before his human can stop him. He starts digging, ignoring his human's calls. His claws hit something hard. His human stops calling for him, staring. Then, they turn and yell for other humans. Percy stands back, letting them dig the car out and rescue the people inside. Now he can go home. His name isn't Perseverance for nothing.

9:13 pm
After gobbling down his dinner, Percy collapses in his bed. The day's finally over. He enjoys his work, he really does, but sometimes it's exhausting. Not everyday is this bad, but lately it seems as if he's been getting a reputation. The dog that doesn't give up, one of the best search and rescue dogs they've seen. Percy... well, he likes the sound of that. Because it means he's making a difference. Percy falls into a deep sleep, the sounds of the weatherman on tv buzzing into white noise. But just before he loses consciousness, he hears the man predict floods in the coming week as the snow melts. Looks like his job is far from complete. Well, those floods will have another thing coming if they think they're going to trap people. They haven't seen Percy swim yet!
[807/200 words]

I loved the way you separated each section with the time, and the plot of the day's story! Congratulations on your new doggo!
[I have quit. Please don't send trades or pms]

I am semi-here to help out a friend with Cohors Setters. If you need
to contact me, you can find me with the same username on other sites.
Please don't contact me unless it's necessary.
Oceanfosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:47 am

OH MY GOODNESS!! Ahhh I'm so excited to have this boyo join my kennels, I love him so much!! Thank you very much!<3
╔══════════════╗
she/they
university student
atheist

╚══════════════╝
Currently very anxious and trying to pass my classes so responses/activity may be delayed. Apologies, I'm really going through it and I'm trying my best
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me