Based on Click to view
Artist acadicus [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E069

Postby acadicus » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:23 am

Route One of the Hawthorn Hooves Stable Event
Just as the trees seem like they can get no thicker and the woods themselves seem to be as black as night around you, when the hours have passed and things look dim, the group comes across a clearing. Inside, watching the group of rescuers emerge from the woods, are several horses.

The search and rescue group is absolutely thrilled, but then the questions arise - what happens to them now?

This is a Route One horse! Remember you must first enter in the Route One prompt before you enter for any horses listed as route one. You may only win two horses per route, excluding the horses listed as "Special," of which you may only win one total.

A bitter chill fell upon the group of Hawthorn Hooves horses as they ran into the forest. How does this horse react to the cold?
[Minimum 100 words, maximum 300!]

Owner: lynx!
Show Name: SC North Star
Barn Name: Silver
Height: 16.2hh
Eye Color: Blue and brown heterochromia
Phenotype: Silver Buckskin Splash
Genotype: EE/AA/Crcr/Zz/SplSpl
Mane Type: Western
Discipline: Team penning
Halter: Light silver-blue w/ silver hardware
Breeding Info:
-Will always produce black-based foals
-Will always produce agouti foals
-Will always produce splash foals
Edit List: Tongue, trimmed tail

Last edited by acadicus on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E069

Postby Southern sweetie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Dropping out :c
Just not connecting with this kid like I thought I would!
Last edited by Southern sweetie on Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:38 am

Username;; Queen Vivane
Show Name: Bring The Storm
Barn Name: Crescent
Height: 16hh
Halter: Grey
Discipline: Eventing
Competition:
Cold is bad, Crescent doesn't want anything to do with cold if he doesn't have to deal with it. He tends to feel the cold rather easily, so in winter it is imperative that he keeps moving, less he refuses to move until he gets something warmer to wear or is returned to the warmth of his stable. Crescent struggles to keep himself focused in the cold, it has lead to accidents in the past, thankfully never anything serious or even life-threatening merely bruises and slight nicks in his skin. The accident that lead him and various others into escaping to the safety of the woods rattled him in such a way that he's never experienced before. It had bitten at him, that cold that seemed almost malignant in nature, chilling Crescent to the bone even as he moved after the other horses
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:36 am

Username;; Lex.
Show Name: Baby It's Cold Outside
Barn Name: Bublé
Height: 16hh
Halter: The blue eye's color with bronze hardware
Discipline: Barrel Racing
Competition:

Bublé loves the cold!

Just having a reason to snuggle close to someone or wear a nice blanket is fantastic. However this time, he's alone. The cold reminds him of a time where he lived with his family. A time where worries were miles away. But now, the cold id just a remind of everything that has been taken away from him. While strolling around trying to stay warm, he thinks about all of his friends that are lost like him. Just to be with them during the cold. To snuggle up next to a bonfire, and sleep the night away.

Bublé used to love the cold.
Last edited by Lex. on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Username;; kennymcnenny
Show Name: SH Snowed In
Barn Name: Avalanche
Height: 15 hh
Halter: your choice!!
Discipline: Cross Country
Competition:
The first thing Avalanche realized as he launched himself out of the crashed trailer, was that it was cold. Colder than he had ever felt before. And he didn't like it. The second thing was all that just happened and he found himself filled with a newfound fear. What was going to happen to them? He glanced back at the trailer that had been keeping him warm and knew he couldn't go back towards that twisting metal. He startled as another horse bumped into his shoulder as they ran by and whinnied unhappily, stumbling on the icy ground. Thankfully he got his hooves back under him and he was able to keep running after the small group he was trailering with, coming up quickly on another mare. Running in stride with her reassured him, seeing their breath cloud in the air as they ran through the dark forest together. It was nice to not be alone.
Avalanche started to slow as the horses around him did as well, trotting into a moon-lit clearing with a small huff, still jittery from the crash and the subsequent run. The mare he had run with came close to him, pressing their sides together and gently touching noses with him. Warmth. They were both warm from the run, and it spread through him, fighting back at the biting chill to the air. He nickered at the rest of the horses, calling them close. That's how they would stay alive through the cold, by helping each other and keeping each other warm. (257 words)
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynx! » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:01 am

Username;; lynx!
    Height: 16.2 HH
    Halter: #e4edf5 with silver hardware
    Competition:
    Silver knows cold well — before Hawthorn Hooves he had been on a ranch, where winters were never mild and rainy like they were in the south. Instead they had been bone-chilling, filled with mud, icy rain, and blizzards alike. He had quickly learned how to cope (he had even learned how to like it, tossing his head and prancing through thick snowdrifts, kicking fine white powder up with dancing hooves). His first winter had been spent pressed against other horses even in the shelter of the barn. Food, too, helped keep him warm. At once, amidst the other horses of the clearing, he's glad for his experience.

There's a bit of lingering, wilted vegetation beneath the trees that he picks at. Some of the other horses, wary and shivering, watch him with pricked ears before gingerly stepping over to join him. He doesn't know the other stallion nearest him, so he sidles closer only gradually. The stallion's ears pin at first, and Silver steps away again. Ears up — he edges closer once more. This time the stallion doesn't look quite as angry when he turns them back again, and Silver takes the initiative to press his flank against him. He tenses, and Silver moves away once more, watching him expectantly. He makes no move, and so Silver returns to lipping at damp grass once more, ever patient.

A moment passes, and then he feels the other stallion's warm flank press against his. In the cold, dreary clearing, it feels a bit like friendship. [255/300]
lynx!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonBunny » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:20 am

Username;; LemonBunny
Show Name: Polar North's Black Wolf Of Eternal Winter
Barn Name: Fenrir
Height: 17hh
Halter: Icy blue with silver hardware
Discipline: Western cutting
Competition: Fenrir is a rather large horse with a stern and stubborn personality, no matter how cold he is, he will not admit to it.

Stoic and sturdy, he tends to be fairly tight-lipped, but that night was bitter cold and the tears pricking at his mismatched eyes gave him away.

The wind felt like it was whipping against his bare skin beneath his coat, slight snowflakes and frost not easing the worry in the back of his mind that something terrible was going to happen to the herd, but he refused to let anyone in on his secret- He was utterly and completely freezing.

He pressed on, starting to feel the ache in his bones and the bitterness of just how cold it was getting, until he looked down at his flank to see a colt pressed against him, obviously cold too.

Any other time he would have told him to leave him alone, to get lost or shoo, but he knew the feeling and the colt was so small and young compared to him, so he pressed up against him a little more, making sure to shelter him from the air.

(192/300)
LemonBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:27 am

lynx! wrote:
    Username;; lynx!
    Height: 16.2 HH
    Halter: #e4edf5 with silver hardware
    Competition:
    Silver knows cold well — before Hawthorn Hooves he had been on a ranch, where winters were never mild and rainy like they were in the south. Instead they had been bone-chilling, filled with mud, icy rain, and blizzards alike. He had quickly learned how to cope (he had even learned how to like it, tossing his head and prancing through thick snowdrifts, kicking fine white powder up with dancing hooves). His first winter had been spent pressed against other horses even in the shelter of the barn. Food, too, helped keep him warm. At once, amidst the other horses of the clearing, he's glad for his experience.

There's a bit of lingering, wilted vegetation beneath the trees that he picks at. Some of the other horses, wary and shivering, watch him with pricked ears before gingerly stepping over to join him. He doesn't know the other stallion nearest him, so he sidles closer only gradually. The stallion's ears pin at first, and Silver steps away again. Ears up — he edges closer once more. This time the stallion doesn't look quite as angry when he turns them back again, and Silver takes the initiative to press his flank against him. He tenses, and Silver moves away once more, watching him expectantly. He makes no move, and so Silver returns to lipping at damp grass once more, ever patient.

A moment passes, and then he feels the other stallion's warm flank press against his. In the cold, dreary clearing, it feels a bit like friendship. [255/300]

Congrats! I'll update Silver's halter shortly <3
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynx! » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:11 am

Ahh, ty! <33