Variegated #163 by liightning

Based on Click to view
Artist liightning [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Variegated #163

Postby liightning » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 am

To adopt you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. You must have an open space to be able to adopt.

This cat is being readopted here!

This cat is faced with a very difficult, possibly life-altering, decision.
    How do they make their choice? Are they impulsive, or do they perhaps take a more cautious approach?

You have 400 words (loose limit) and 1 art piece or extra max!
    This is open to interpretation, and of course, it does not have to be canon (but certainly can be).

End Date: October 3rd, 11:59 pm EST

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Cat Name:[/b]
    [b]Clan:[/b]
    [b]Rank:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b] (400 words + 1 art/extra max)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Username: honeybunchesofoats
    Cat Name: Champ (Champlain)
    Clan: The Order of the Yokai
    Description: chocolate mackerel sepia lynx point with high irregular white and golden eyes
    Siblings: n/a
    Parents: n/a
Last edited by liightning on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Variegated #163

Postby strawberryjelly » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Username: CloudDraws16
Cat Name: Oakpaw -> Oakwhisper
Clan: Deerclan
Prompt:
-- -- --
Oakwhisper was always special. Teamed up with his buddy Fawpuddle, the two became inseparable. In fact, Oakwhisper was among the first cats to receive the prophecy; "Two cats, strong and weak, will fight off the evil that has arisen. No cat but they are able to stop the roaring wall of thorns edging closer, and closer, and closer..." At first, he thought immediately of Roseclan. Roses, thorns, of course it had to be them! Oakwhisper talked with Auttumnwing, who gave him the ok to speak with Echostar. She agreed with his thoughts, and immediately doubled patrols along the border.

Tensions rise, cats become anxious. Moons have gone by before a single paw starts the war. It's vicious. Numerous cats from both sides fill the border between the two. No ground is taken on either side. Oakwhisper is devastated, with the approaching leaf-bare and cats blaming him for the started war he has no choice but to temporarily resign his prophecy duties to his mentor.

Another moon passed before the sickness spread. It reckend Deerclan, sending more cats to their deaths. No one is sure anymore if they will really go to Starclan. All the deaths has been racking up. It takes one cat, one poor, dead cat, to stop it all.

Hallowfire.

He approached from the sky, being killed in the last wave. Wings of light shot from his back, blinding all who had seen him. A deep voice announced that no cat would ever win this war. It was a pointless "prophecy" sent by the Lost Souls, intended to cause chaos. Those who had believed it had been stupid for thinking it was Starclan's will and power. Just like that the war was over. The two clans gathered their deceased and settled them all on the island. There they rest for eternity, imprisoned on the island but keeping piece as one clan of the Trapped Stars.

-

Now, Oakwhisper approaches his questions carefully and orderly. He asses the details first, who it was sent by, and recieves help from Auttumnwing before properly delivering it. A tough lesson had to be learned before Oakwhisper would learn the true ways of the medicine cats before him, but it not only helped himself, but the clans and the cats around him.

Until it can't no more.

(383/400 words)
Last edited by strawberryjelly on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
val | she/her | Fallen Light | hi ! call me valerie :) an animal lover, farming game enthusiast. i'm not on here much anymore but feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

<- click for image credit
strawberryjelly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Username: Lex.
Cat Name: Duskfall
Clan: (cc)
Prompt: (400 words + 1 art/extra max)
Res
It's a beautiful day
forest fire
6 kits go missing
goes to find them despite warnings
deputy dies under tree
dusk continues and find the kits in a badger set
outruns the badger
saves their lives

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:58 pm

Username: Woebegone
Cat Name: Palemoon
Clan: Juniperclan [not yet created, this will be my founder]

If one were to walk through the rows of twoleg nests and through the carefully contained forest at the end of the street, they would find a long-abandoned house. Should they enter the hazardous building, they would find a thriving colony of cats, sharing the shelter through the night only to part ways each morning.

At least, they were thriving.

If one were to enter the house now, they would hear the rough, labored breathing of a dozen sick cats.

Palemoon lived among this sickly colony. She spent all her time nowadays gathering herbs and testing them, searching desperately for something that helped alleviate the illness. Everything she tried seemed to fail. With countless days and sleepless nights spent searching and nothing to show for it, she began to consider giving up.

It was then that the healthiest of the colony gathered, saying their goodbyes as they fled, hoping to spare themselves of the sickness. Palemoon realized how dire the situation had become.

That night, she fell into a fitful sleep, finally letting herself rest as hopelessness consumed her. She dreamed of herbs and of their uselessness in the face of this strange illness. As her dream faded out, she saw an herb she'd never used before- one that she had been raised to fear.

She awoke with a start and searched her memory, forgetting all of her dream but the last few moments. A flash of red appeared in her mind, and she forced herself to her feet, slowly making her way out of the house and into the yard. She finally stopped at the base of the Yew tree. Kits were taught to fear the tree the moment they could walk, and to never eat anything that came from it.

But her dream consumed her thoughts. The red berries seemed to call to her, and with the stars watching over her, she gently pulled them from the tree. With shaking claws, she plucked the dark seed from the berries' center. She was faced with a decision, now; to trust her dream, and take the risk of consuming deathberries, or to continue desperately searching the area for something that could help.

As her legs collapsed beneath her, the last of her strength ebbing away, she realized she truly only had one hope. Closing her eyes, putting her faith in the stars, she ate the first berry.

[399 words]

[[Does research count as an extra? If so...]]
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:41 am

So sorry for the wait! I greatly enjoyed reading both entries, and thank you both for taking the time to enter <3

Congrats Woebegone! I found the excerpt about yew berries to be quite interesting.
    I would also like to award an HM to CloudDraws16 as I enjoyed your entry as well!

Woebegone wrote:Username: Woebegone
    Cat Name: Palemoon
    Clan: Juniperclan [not yet created, this will be my founder]

liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Thank you so much! I love her ;w;

𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑, 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍
𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄
━━━━━━━━━[ Image ]━━━━━━━━━
[ woes. he/they. plural. ]
a very tired bunch of folks that's mostly
inactive outside of stars. please contact
us elsewhere if you need anything urgent.
[ stars. th. ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:10 pm

To adopt you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. You must have an open space to be able to adopt.

This cat is being readopted!

To win them, share with me a playlist of 2-5 songs (CS-appropriate) that relates to this cat in some way! Songs can be instrumental or have words, completely up to you. ^^
    You're also welcome to use around 100 words to explain what the songs represent.

End Date: February 26th, 11:59 pm EST extended to March 12th, 11:59 pm EST

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Cat Name:[/b]
    [b]Clan:[/b]
    [b]Rank:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b] (2-5 songs, optional 100 word explanation)

Last edited by liightning on Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberryjelly » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Username: CloudDraws16
Cat Name:Oakwhisper
Clan: Deerclan, sig
Prompt: (2-5 songs, optional 100 word explanation)
Wip!
val | she/her | Fallen Light | hi ! call me valerie :) an animal lover, farming game enthusiast. i'm not on here much anymore but feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

<- click for image credit
strawberryjelly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liightning » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Due to the lack of finished entries, I'm extending this readopt to March 12th, 11:59 pm EST! Please see the original post for the prompt ^^

liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Username: honeybunchesofoats
Cat Name: Champ (Champlain)
Clan: The Order of the Yokai
Prompt: (2-5 songs, optional 100 word explanation)

-Bad Dream- Ruelle
- I'll Be Good- Jaymes Young
- The Ripe and Ruin -Alt J
- Why Even Try- Hippo Campus
- Too Late to Say Goodbye (Unpeeled Version)- Cage the Elephant

Explanation: While Champ is like other cats in the Order in that she was previously part of a different clan, her story is less sad and more angry and emotional. Instead of sticking up for someone she loved, Champ picked fights, and lots of them. It was almost as if she was being possessed by anger as an entity and she could not figure out how to bottle the rage inside of her. These songs represent both coming from a place of anger and hurt, and looking in on one's self and discovering you might not like who you've become. (99)

╔══════════════════════════════╗
When you become untouchable,
you're unable to touch.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hello! Oats/Dante, He/They
Psych, Video games, Art, Anime
Links: Baltics, Toyhouse, DA
Sig insp: Midas

╚═════════════════════════╝

honeybunchesofoats

My pets