Artist DraconisSumeris [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings -- #606

Postby DraconisSumeris » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:44 am

yes i forgot the ref will fix in a sec

To adopt this Lion you must have a founder and be
level one OR adopt this one as your founder!

This lion was based off of a Bass Guitar.
Your task to win this lion for your ranks is to Find a
song that fits both the personality of the lion AND the instrument it was
based off of!
You can use up to 300 words to explain your choice!

Will end August 1st.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion name:[/b]
[b]Lion Gender: [/b]
[b]Link to pride: [/b]
[b]Pride Status: [/b]
[b]Song Link:[/b] Must be CS appropriate!
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Last edited by DraconisSumeris on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings -- #606

Postby Jantzi01 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:49 am

Username: Jantzi01
Lion name: Echo
Lion gender: Non-Binary
Link to Pride: The Ushirikiano Pride
Pride Status: Hunter
Prompt: Under Pressure - Queen

Echo has a very upbeat and positive personality, that they usually try, and fail, to hide beneath a serious facade. The same could be said about this song. To me, at least, the lyrics have a more serious message, but the music kind of takes away from that and you can't really help but bust out singing and dancing. Echo's incredibly loyal to those they care about, and will challenge anyone who thinks that they're not. They're very confident in their own skin, and are the non-binary icon this world deserves.
Last edited by Jantzi01 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:21 am

Username: QueenOfWyrms
Lion name: Taghd
Lion Gender: Female
Link to pride: Uaill Aislingean
Pride Status: Neach Gleidhidh
Song Link: wip
Prompt:
Wip
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AwkwardAnxiety » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 am

Username: AwkwardAnxiety
Lion name: Mater
Link to pride: Pride of Intertwining Roots
Pride Status: Caretaker
Song Link: "Lucy" by Skillet
Prompt:

Skillet usually uses a lot of bass, although this one only has it in the later parts. "Lucy" represents Mater as she is stuck in depression, mourning the loss of every child that has ever passed away in her care. She wishes that she could have done more to save them, fought harder against predators, worked harder to find a cure for a disease, done something when one was stillborn. Instead, she's left struggling with regret and what-ifs.
[79]
Last edited by AwkwardAnxiety on Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
This user no longer participates on Chicken Smoothie and wishes not to be contacted
AwkwardAnxiety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Username: Chanceuxcat
Lion name: Aria
Lion Gender: Nonbinary (uses she/her pronouns though)
Link to pride: Veren's Pride
Pride Status: Strategist/Writer
Song Link: Seven Nation Army!
Prompt:

I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

They thought they could threaten her? Please, those disgusting lions would never be able to fight her. Aria gritted her teeth, remembering their words. Their ugly disgusting words, why they wouldn't let certain lions in because they claimed to be "better" then those lions. Because of who those lions are. Aria wasn't going to stand for that. Blasting her song, Aria picked up her pen and started writing to the beat.

And the message coming from my eyes
Says, "Leave it alone"

They should have listened when she told them to stop. Aria's writing was everywhere in her city. She passed by lions discussing it everywhere. And they loved it. Soon, a hundred lions were repeating her words, at meetings, at home, even on dates. Aria was delighted.

And if I catch it coming back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do

Lions were getting restless, especially the ones she had written for. Then the council in charge passed a new law. One that allowed discrimination, the kind Aria had condemned with her sentences. Aria was furious. This time though, she wasn't alone. Aria grinned, even more determined.

And the feeling coming from my bones
Says, "Find a home"

They took to in the streets, marching. And Aria marched with them, marched to her beat. She felt the pulse of the bass in her paws, the beat drop in her chants. They got enough attention, caused enough disruption. The council tried to stop them, but they couldn't. They could never stop Aria. Not now that she had found a home.

(Song has bass guitar sounds throughout, and she's named after a guitar maker)

(300 words)
Last edited by Chanceuxcat on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
╔══════════════╗
she/they
university student
atheist

╚══════════════╝
Currently very anxious and trying to pass my classes so responses/activity may be delayed. Apologies, I'm really going through it and I'm trying my best
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:40 pm

Username: Meekins12345
Lion name: Drahomira
Link to pride: In the signature - The Pride of Wikimak (specifically the sub-pride, The Cloud Coalition)
Pride Status: Corporal
Song Link: I Started A Joke by the Bee Gees
Prompt:

The laughter had her cringing, the small cub soon just slinking back into the darker reaches of the tree's green shadows. As much as she tried to hide, she could not make the sound stop, nor could her pleads to halt this sort of mockery reach the ears of her bullies. Indeed, the words she had spoken were now being used against her, and these older cubs, and even the adults of her pride, were laughing and mocking her, something of which she could not stop.

"What sort of lion cub would even say such stupidity? It's hilarious, haha!"

"She hasn't even noticed that it affects her, too!"

"What a ridiculous cub!"

It was at that point that she bolted off, into the lush greenery of the woods around her. Her paw pads hit dirt and grass as she ran deeper into the desolate, yet comforting, embrace of the forest, a place where she would not be mocked, nor would she be laughed at, not anymore. Not for her own silly mistake, and her own stupidity.

She ran until she reached a large acacia tree, and soon settled down underneath it's pleasant shade. Her eyes looked to the sky then, as the remainder of the tears amidst her eyes slid down her fluffy cubbish cheeks... How could it come to this? How could she be so wrong... Now she wasn't sure she wanted to go back. If only this didn't happen... if only this was all a dream. She could wake up without a care, but then she realized that the words that she said would only haunt her in her own mind. (273 wc)

(Chose this song cause Bee Gees are awesome and it's got some bass in it XD That and it's got character development opportunities)
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nia The Elf » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Username: Nia The Elf
Lion name: Avalloc (orchard)
Lion Gender: Male
Link to pride: Red Eagle
Pride Status: Templar
Song Link: Senses Working Overtime
Prompt:
"There's straw for the donkeys And the innocents can all sleep safely" - Avalloc works as a Templar, patrolling the borders of the territory and guarding camp. He also helps on other patrols, so his job is to make sure there is food for the pride (or straw for the donkeys) and that the pride can sleep safely. He must keep all of his senses keen to aptly protect the pride, but it can get overwhelming for him - especially with such long shifts. There is no opportunity to take a break, letting your guard down when your job is guarding. "And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste / Senses working overtime / Trying to take this all in" match how he feels during and after his job.
"Pain and pleasure and the church bells softly chime" Related to Avalloc's emotional blindness - he is to be a sentinel, emotionless, swift, precise. This stoic personality he upholds, and the exhaustion afterwards, blends his feelings into one. Pain and pleasure, he can't pick out which is which. This can make him come across as quite snappy or rude - or he can't pick up on the cues of negativity.
"The innocents can all live slowly" - The days pass and the pride moves slowly.
Yet, despite this emotionally exhausting work; he does love it to a certain degree.
"birds might fall from black skies / bullies might give you black eyes / But to me it's very, very beautiful" It won't always be a decent day, but it's very beautiful to witness what he does. All the different senses he needs to keep actively honed, allow him to see the beauty of everything around him; the pride progressing, cubs growing, adults aging, the sky fading to different vibrant colours, the flora and fauna changing and circulating all the time.
300/300
Nia The Elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Username: minifun990
Lion name:
Lion Gender:
Link to pride:
Pride Status:
Song Link: Must be CS appropriate!
Prompt:
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 am

Chanceuxcat wrote:Username: Chanceuxcat
Lion name: Aria
Lion Gender: Nonbinary (uses she/her pronouns though)
Link to pride: Veren's Pride
Pride Status: Strategist/Writer
Song Link: Seven Nation Army!
Prompt:

I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

They thought they could threaten her? Please, those disgusting lions would never be able to fight her. Aria gritted her teeth, remembering their words. Their ugly disgusting words, why they wouldn't let certain lions in because they claimed to be "better" then those lions. Because of who those lions are. Aria wasn't going to stand for that. Blasting her song, Aria picked up her pen and started writing to the beat.

And the message coming from my eyes
Says, "Leave it alone"

They should have listened when she told them to stop. Aria's writing was everywhere in her city. She passed by lions discussing it everywhere. And they loved it. Soon, a hundred lions were repeating her words, at meetings, at home, even on dates. Aria was delighted.

And if I catch it coming back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do

Lions were getting restless, especially the ones she had written for. Then the council in charge passed a new law. One that allowed discrimination, the kind Aria had condemned with her sentences. Aria was furious. This time though, she wasn't alone. Aria grinned, even more determined.

And the feeling coming from my bones
Says, "Find a home"

They took to in the streets, marching. And Aria marched with them, marched to her beat. She felt the pulse of the bass in her paws, the beat drop in her chants. They got enough attention, caused enough disruption. The council tried to stop them, but they couldn't. They could never stop Aria. Not now that she had found a home.

(Song has bass guitar sounds throughout, and she's named after a guitar maker)

(300 words)

Congrats! Enjoy this bab <3
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me