Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SFA Entry #1

Postby Meowdle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 am

ENTRY 1 (You are here)
ENTRY 2
ENTRY 3

Username - Meowdle
Have you designed for adopts before? - Yes! I am currently an owner and artist for Ultimate Generator Adopts. I've previously worked at The Monster Adopt Shop (it's been a while, so I've improved at art since then!). Off-oekaki, I used to work at Thimble Kitties and Fuzz Bears. I've also owned and was an artist for Pupxils. (Note that all of those off-oekaki places are old [early 2010s] and I have improved a lot since those!)
Are you fairly active? - Yes!
Have you read the rules? - Yep!
Do you have experience with writing/understanding the phenotypes? - Not really, but I'm definitely willing to learn! I recognize the names of some of the genes, but I don't know the phenotype placement.
Are you open to constructive critique/advice? - Yes!

Breed - Oriental Shorthair mix
Coat - Blue-gray mackerel tabby with mid (?) white

I'll attempt the phenotype, but I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing. I've love any help with this part! I'm definitely open to constructive criticism!! I read the gene guide, but I'm still confused about the ginger part? Since this guy isn't visually ginger I wasn't sure what to put for that.

Phenotype: Ll / ww / Ss / CC / Bb' / dd / dm / EE / A / Mc / ii / wbwb
Last edited by Meowdle on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SFA Entry #1

Postby jointedwishes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 am

AWh i love the face of this, and the cute little collar!
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Happy59188 wrote:AWh i love the face of this, and the cute little collar!

Awww, thank you!! c:
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Love your entries and would absolutely love to see more!!
As for the ginger- you pretty much only put X if it shows (a ginger tabby would be XX or X, a tortie would be BX). Otherwise, just the black series. Hope that helps TvT.
That white would be low white as it does not come high enough on the legs to be considered mid.
The agouti/tabby would be A` as the tabby is mackerel, and you can add A` or a as the recessive.
[You can see an example of how the cat setup works for phenotypes on the 2 new adopts x]

The only thing i would ask is to make the markings (primarily the white) more clearly defined? Just to be able to distinguish patterning better. As well as possibly some more distinct mackerel tabby patterning, as it looks more like a spotted tabby or broken mackerel tabby.
Otherwise the colors and such are natural enough and i enjoy the look of the kiddo.
(you do not have to edit this design in particular, just as a future note for designs involving white markings or mackerel tabby)
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:35 pm

I'm glad you like the ones I've made so far <3
Thank you so much for your help! I definitely kept this in mind in the new entry that I just finished ;)
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me