Artist Half Tree [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #400

Postby Half Tree » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:28 pm

big money

Welcome to the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project
Euphorian Thoroughbreds are a rare string of the Thoroughbred breed. They come from a single farm simply called “Euphoria” that has horses with mutated genes. These allow them to be able to possess any realistic coat or markings. Everything else about the sub-type is the same. Long, strong legs, a powerful hind, and great speed. Their eyes are soft and the breed is incredibly smart, if not a bit goofy. They love kids and have the rare ability to excel in any discipline. They can grow from 15hh-18hh, though usually somewhere in the middle.
The horses readopted through the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project are looking for a new loving home and a new job. They’ve tried racing and have either retired or decided the sport wasn’t for them. Either way, they are ready for the next chapter in their life. Some of these horses will come with a little training already, and will have their new discipline already determined. Although others you’ll get to pick how they move forwards!

Owner: LivingLethal
Show Name: A Penny For Your Thoughts
Barn Name: Coin
Height: 15.3hh
Eye Color: Hazelnuts
Phenotype: Sooty Dunalino Rabicano w/Bider Marks + Vitiligo
Genotype: ee aa Crcr DD nmsh StySty Rbrb
Mane Type: Trimmed
Discipline: Pleasure + XC
Halter: Charcoal Grey
Breeding Info:
- She is dominant for dun, will always produce dun foals. [DD]
- She is dominant for sooty, will always produce sooty foals. [StySty]
- She is a carrier for mushroom, can produce mushroom or mushroom carrier foals. [msh]
Edit List: Flipped ears, trimmed tail

Tell me about the rider's relationship with this horse.

How did they acquire this horse?
How did they figure out the discipline they like participating together?
Tell me the story of their life together, ups downs, various experiences etc.

The minimum requirement is 1000 words.
There is no maximum, any art is optional.
You may add extras but it must be about the rider and the horse together.

Code: Select all
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Competition:[/b]

The Ides of March31st of March
Last edited by Half Tree on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #400

Postby dubai. » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 am

Username;; Dubai
Show Name: Losing my Mind
Barn Name: Bea
Height: 16.3 hh
Halter: Yellow w/ silver hardware
Discipline: Show jumping
Competition:

Alyssa had been to another stable for a show jumping event. She took Castles and Dragons, or Chess, to the event, along with a lease horse, Invicta. There she performed show jumping with Chess and dressage with Invicta. Alyssa left to go compete with only two horses, but returned with three. How you ask? Well, Alyssa had just finished her dressage class. She walked Invicta down to the temporary stable and dismounted him, leading him to the cross ties and untacking him. WIP
Last edited by dubai. on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
Dubai - She/her - Anxiety
"coding credit"

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Dubai is a
KWPN gelding
who can jump
grand prix
height. He
has 2 vices.
One is cribb
ing, the othe
r is being
sweet <33
Dubai is my
favorite horse <3

┕━━━━━━━━┙
dubai.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watercliff » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:55 am

Username;; watercliff
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter:
Discipline:
Competition:

Swiggity swooty im comin for this cutie
𝒯𝑜𝒷𝓎
────────────
Blep

Blap

Don't you Fear, for a Comin' are the Heroes

Sinner Forged in the Heat of a Hellfire
Sinner Born in the Flame
To Defend our Home from the Comin' Blight

watercliff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

=====================================
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Username;;
SpartanAmethyst

Show Name:
ARR The Ides of March

Barn Name:
Pat | Patty | Pattycakes*
*You can usually find her
caked in mud.

Height:
16 hh

Halter:
Cash money green w/ gold
hardware. Maybe some 4 leaf
clovers on the noseband?
Discipline:
Cross Country

Rider:
"Anti" Garcia

Stable:
Amethyst Ridge
Euphorians
Stall #13

=====================================
=============================================================
"When someone is good at what he does but is a nonconformist, there is a temptation in horse racing, like in all kinds of other areas of human endeavor, to dismiss him for his nonconformity rather than to recognize him for his excellence."
-David Milch

=============================================================

It was the Ides of March when she went into labor. It seemed fitting, coming from a mare named "Luck of the Irish" from her short racing career. Sired by a high profile Euphorian stud dubbed England's Squire out of Luck of the Irish, Pat was named for the holiday she was born on. Two days later came St. Patrick's day when all of her papers were finalized, and they threw a small party to welcome the long-awaited filly; not only was she the first foal of the year, but she was the one the stable owners - and jockeys - were most excited about. They couldn't wait to see who the lucky rider would be that got to sit astride her glory.

Often called a "million dollar foal" (though they didn't pay quite that much, the transportation and covering fees for the stud were quite high), Pat was raised with a silver spoon in her mouth. She was given the highest priority in care and the best anything that money could buy. She was constantly fussed over and worried about, though the independent young filly never quite understood why. She'd inherited the beautiful dunalino coat of her mother, and the sooty and rabicano from her sire. The bider marks that stained her shoulders was new to her natal stable, but were welcomed as her unique trademark. At least until large spots of white started to appear as she grew older; worried that his prize filly was sick, the owner spent thousands into multiple vets and hundreds of tests to make sure she was healthy. Each one gave him the same diagnosis, and he began to relax slightly. From somewhere in her lineage, or possibly even as a mutation, she was showing an extremely rare gene known as Vitiligo. At this time, not much was known about what it was or why it happened, so the vet could only shrug and say it was just cosmetic. Otherwise she was the picture of health. Time passed, and everyone grew used to - and even fond of - her new, odd, unique appearance. In the not-so-distant future, it would serve her well.

As she came into her training years, Pat proved to be the most obedient and easy to work with horses the trainers had ever seen. She took to the bridle smoothly, saddle with minimal issue, and rider like a complete natural. She was intensely in tune with her jockey, always with one ear back to listen to their words. On the racetrack, she had her father's extreme stamina, but also her mother's speed and long stride, even despite her shorter stature; while her sire had been a giant at nearly 17 hands, her mother was only 15.2, and Pat ended up only slightly taller than her dam. But what she lacked in height, she made up for in spirit; there was a reckless abandon about her that when she was let loose, she ran. There wasn't a single other horse on property that could outrun her - except her mother. In the end a jockey by the name of Antonio Garcia was chosen to be her rider, a tiny man only 5'5" and thin as a rail, he was the perfect weight to not slow her down but kind enough to control her pace gently and keep her from hurting herself, just like her mother had years ago. The duo bonded quickly and closely; even before he ever sat upon her back, Antonio (called "Anti" around the stables for his non-traditional riding, care, and bonding methods with the horses he rode) took responsibility for everything to do with her care. This was something abnormal for jockeys, but not for him; he fed her, groomed her, "broke" her in, and even exercised her daily. He was eventually assigned to her and her alone, and they became inseparable.

The first day she walked out of her transport trailer and into an on-track stable, Pat knew nothing but excitement. People and other horses alike were stopping to stare, and she raised her head proudly. She was the talk of the stable, and she loved it. What was a blessing, though, was that in her excitement and anticipation, she wasn't actually listening to what was head. Most were disturbed and unkind about her strange appearance; while her owners and rider adored it, many though that she was sick or diseased in some fashion, and did their best to not only avoid her, but keep their horses away, not knowing that it was harmless. The gossip around her spread quickly, and she found herself the center of attention, both good and bad. One question still remained unanswered, though: How was she actually going to run?

It was during her debut race that she showed exactly how good she really was; though Anti had to hold her back from taking the track too fast, once he gave Pat her head she tore away from the pack, putting lengths between her lead and the mahogany thoroughbred desperately trying to keep up with her. It was a landslide win, and every race after that was nearly the same. By her third year, she was first in the Derby and Preakness bound, with no intention of taking anything less than the Triple Crown. On the day of the second race, it was rainy and overcast. Mud caked to her legs and tail, but something felt off about today. All of the staff were worriedly yet enthusiastically buzzing about their plans for the race, but both Pat and Anti didn't feel right about it. When they locked eyes before the race, both knew the other felt the exact same thing. Something was going to go wrong.

And something did go wrong; at the quarter mile mark a horse next to Pat slipped in the mud and slammed into her, tripping the Vitiligo-marked mare. Anti's foot caught in the stirrup, pulling him underneath her as she rolled, crushing him into the mud. The rest of the pack thundered over and around the two horses and jockeys, somehow missing them completely. Pat leapt up, covered in mud and filth; she'd fallen behind, she had to go! She could still win this! She nudged Anti with her muzzle, trying desperately to rouse him. He'd fallen off before, why wasn't he getting up? Torn between her concern for her rider and her need to win the second race, she just stood there, panicking. The other jockey was up, busy tending to his injured mount, an older bay stallion she'd raced against previously. Suddenly there was a commotion, and other humans were hurriedly making their ways onto the track to help her rider. Perfect! She could finish the race!

In a heartbeat she bolted after the herd, opening up her stride and eating up the ground beneath her; she was a mottled blur against the rail, her owner and trainer were clocking unbelievable times; they'd never let her run herself out like that, so seeing her raw abilities was absolutely mind blowing.. At the 3/4 mile marker they were coming down to the wire, and she'd caught up to the back runners. She was showing signs of fatigue, that was obvious, but she never stopped. Pat dug a little deeper, pushed a little farther, and all the way through that final turn she crept through the ranks until she was neck and neck with the leader. They crossed the finish line in a dead heat, and upon photo review her nose was just inches ahead of the young colt's. By technicality, she was the winner through sheer determination, but because she didn't have her jockey, Pat was considered disqualified. She was led off the track limping slightly, but her hurt was more emotional as she watched them crown the young colt. That should have been her crown; what had she done wrong?

The long drive back home was made in silence. Pat hadn't seen her jockey since the race, and she was growing more and more concerned. She could use some comfort from her best friend and having him disappear after such a hard fall... A stone of anxiety and uncertainty was settling in her stomach, an she did not like the feeling one bit.

When in the spring
time of the year,
when the trees
are crowned with leaves,
when the ash and oak,
and the birch and yew
are dressed in ribbons fair.

When owls call
the breathless moon
in the blue veil
of the night,
the shadows of
the trees appear
amidst the lantern light.

We've been rambling
all the night,
And some time
of this day.
Now returning
back again,
we bring
a garland gay.

Who will go down
to those shady groves,
and summon
the shadows there?
And tie a ribbon on
those sheltering arms,
in the spring
time of the year?

The songs of birds
seem to fill the wood
that when the
fiddler plays,
all their voices
can be heard,
long past their
woodland days.

We've been rambling
all the night,
And some time
of this day.
Now returning
back again,
we bring
a garland gay.

And so they linked
their hands and danced,
round in circles
and in rows.
And so the journey
of the night descends
when all the
shades are gone.

"A garland gay
we bring you here,
and at your
door we stand.
It is a sprout,
well budded out,
the work of
Our Lord's hand."

For 5 weeks, the staff at the stable fussed and doted over Pat, with vet visits and tests and light exercises. The limp in her step had been just a slight sprain, but it had healed up in no time, so Pat wasn't sure why all the commotion over her? She was given treats and extra grooming, and all of the attention she could ever want. But Anti was still nowhere to be found, and every time someone came into the stable she rushed to her stall door to see who it was, hoping desperately that it would be him. Finally she found herself entered into another race; she'd been itching to run again, having impressed even herself with her performance at the Preakness Stakes, despite everything that happened, but Anti wasn't around. Who was going to ride her?

The first jockey she met was an older man with mean eyes. He had a very rough style, and she didn't like it. So used to Anti's gentle hands, she fought the bit that he held too tightly, or the way he stung her haunch and shoulder with the whip. Anti had never used a whip before, and though she'd seen other jockeys use it during their race, one had never been turned on her. So, naturally, when she got sick of him abusing the whip mid-race, she politely exited the pack of Thoroughbreds and threw him off, pinning her ears at the offending human. This time, she didn't finish the race. Angry, she turned and trotted off so nonchalantly, back towards the gates where one of the outer riders could lead her off the field. As she passed, she gave her owner such a pathetic look of hurt betrayal that he immediately moved the jockey off of her. The next one wasn't much better, but it was for an entirely different reason. This jockey's hands were too gentle; he was green, brand new to the racing industry, and didn't know how to control her pace. During that race she ran her heart out, leaving the entire pack in a trail of dust, but she also over-exhausted herself and took nearly to weeks to recover properly. Worried about his prize mare, the stable owner decided it might be best to retire her. He'd probably never find another rider that could hold her like Anti did. She had a good run, and hopefully she had many years ahead of her. If nothing else, she'd throw some gorgeous foals. At least, that was the plan.

What they didn't realize it that Vitiligo can affect fertility; in her case, she was nearly sterile.

It was only a few short months later that Pat found out she was being put up for sale. Her price tag was very high, and the staff continued to pamper her until the sale was made. The problem was she didn't sell immediately; while she had a lot of talent and undeniable ability, she was a retired racehorse, had not yet carried a foal to term, and though young at 5 years old, she'd held no other training and had developed a reputation for throwing a rider she didn't like, despite that only happening once. Slowly the stable owner began lowering her price, bit by bit, and a multi-class stable out of Denver popped up as soon as her price dropped within their budget. Quickly the agreement was made, and her new owners set out on a road trip to retrieve her.

It was the day that the new owners were set to arrive when a familiar face appeared in Pat's stall door; it was Anti, who's eyes were puffy and swollen from sadness. Quickly the mare greeted and nuzzled him, thankful that he was alive and wondering if he was the one buying her. "Hey girl, miss me?" He'd crooned, sniffling softly. "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner, I just woke up a few weeks ago. That accident did a number on me, coma and everything. I'm glad you came out okay though, I heard you even won the race without me. You're a good girl." There was a long moment of silence as Anti tried not to break down again, Pat's big brown eyes looking at him expectantly. "You're going to your new home soon, huh? They'll treat you good. I've heard of this place before, raced against them, too; you'll be well cared for, I promise. I don't know what I'm gonna do, girlie; docs said I can't race again. Ever. All of my savings are drained from medical bills, even with the stable helping me out, but... I don't know. I'll figure it out, though, and one day I'll try and come visit you. How does that sound, hm?"

"Or you could always come with her," a female voice suddenly said, and both jumped. "She's not going to be a racer anymore, I was going to let her explore some other competitions. And you seem to know her best. Why don't you come on as one of my competition riders? Full pay, housing on property, you keep portions of your winnings, and you'll be the only one allowed to sit astride "big money" here. How does that sound?"

"Where do I sign??" Anti said a little too quickly, and he winced.

"No signing, just pack your things. We'll wait around a few days and get you loaded up, if you're ready to go," she said, grinning widely and offering her hand. Anti took it eagerly, this time trying to hold back happy tears. "I'm Amethyst, owner of Amethyst Ridge Ranch. Glad to have you both on board."

It was only a few days later that everyone was loaded into the Amethyst Ridge trailer, including the few earthly belongings Anti had to his name, and were headed towards their new home. Anti rode in the back seat of Sam's truck, getting to know his new boss and her lead hand. Pat rode in the trailer, but she wasn't alone; funnily enough that bay stallion that had stumbled during the Preakness was with her. She'd learned his name was Vēlox, and day he'd been so exhausted still from trying to keep up with her in the Derby and his owner training him far too hard that he'd stumbled and fallen. His jockey had cared for him, but the owner was furious, and despite being a championship sprinter in all of his other races, he'd been cast aside like a used tissue. His injury from the race brought his career to a screeching halt, but Amethyst had stepped in to rescue him before his owner did something brash. They became fast friends during that long car ride.

Today, Anti and Pat live a happy life at Amethyst Ridge. Though both were content to take it easy and just live life for awhile, both horse and rider still had the competition bug, bad. Racing was obviously out of the question, though Pat still loved to go on long sprints on the ARR Training track, and she lacked the necessary control of show jumping or the calm elegance of dressage. It was actually during a trail ride with Vēlox and his rider that they engaged in a friendly race through part of the cross country course, and it suddenly clicked. Anti felt the Euphorian move with a new sense of purpose and excitement, even despite her being unfamiliar with gauging her strides with jumping, and found it hard to rein her in once Vēlox began to slow. He's taken the idea to Amethyst, and has been paired with her Euphorian Coyote for training. Her first few rounds through the course have been promising, and though she still has a lot to learn, hopefully she'll be on the competition circuit in no time.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Username;;
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter:
Discipline:
Competition:

mark!

hi, i'm lucas! i'm an adult who
uses any pronouns. i enjoy
creating art and playing
clarinet & French horn C:

my toyhou.se!
lucas tazmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:14 pm

Withdrawing Good luck every one
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:48 am

Username;; conversett
    Show Name:
    Barn Name:
    Halter:
    Discipline:
    Competition: big ol wip
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellenistic » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:59 am

Username;; berzerker.
      Show Name: The Ugly Duckling
      Barn Name: Camila
      Height: 15.4 hh
      Halter: White & Pale Gold on Cheek Strap
      Discipline: Therapy Riding (For Kids)
      > Although she does mountain trails on the side from time to time ♥
      Competition:

it was a race day, just a normal race day, but something was off. The way the evening breeze lifted and pulled scents through the air, tugged at the manes of horses and pulled at the clothes and coats of their on lookers.
      I was there, upon all the on lookers, all the wealthy that betted on which horse would out preform which, but I wasn’t necessarily one of them. One look at me and you could tell, I obviously wasn’t in my element, but I was here for the horses. Just, the horses. No betting and no sipping champagne. It was more or less one horse that I was here for, although I made it look like I was here for all of them. It was a four year old mare, one who had been surprisingly successful, although not many thought she was a sight for sore eyes.
      The Ugly Duckling, a soft dunalino mare who began to show early signs of vitiligo but had an absolute personality of gold according to her on lookers and trainers. It was reported however, that the easy going mare wasn’t treated fairly among her fellow barn mates, all because she was beginning to turn ugly in the eyes of her keepers. The mare would be cared for just enough to be in good shape to race, but beyond that wasn’t anything pretty. Now, horses are hefty animals, built to withstand a lot, but what these people were doing to her just wasn’t fair. Not to mention, if her owners were to pull anything they’d pull on her on any other horse of theirs, they would be discriminated on greatly, but for some odd reason, it was all okay to do to this mare. I’m talking being left in the stalls for days without any interaction other than being fed what little they would feed her, working the mare 10 times harder than any other race horse they owned, administering illegal racing drugs into the mare because she was one of the most successful, but the most abused.
      None of it made sense to me.. None of it, but here I was, yearning to see the very horse leave that gate and hopefully win yet another race. She was beautiful to me. Oh so beautiful. Not a thing on that horses body was ugly. From her still forming vitiligo, to her bider marks that cascaded down her shoulders. Why did they think she was so ugly?
      It was time. It was time to load all the horses up and wait in anticipation for them all to take off. There she was. There she was loading up with a small but feisty jockey on her back. God how I hated her jokey in particular. He was the most attitude driven man, with a constant smirk on his lips and the biggest crap eating grin when he’d talk. It was always something about him, always something about how the people he worked for paid him triple the amount of money just because of the horse he was riding. Lord how I hated that man. He acted like Camila, what I called her for the time being, was nothing more than a mere object he could treat however he wanted. I had talked to him a few times, as I had been interested in this mare for some time now, but every time I was able to talk to him, he was the crudest person. I always wanted to punch his little man face.
      Now, I have absolutely nothing against jockeys, I’ve even met some extremely nice ones, ones who genuinely cared for their horses, but seeing this man instantly set a fire in my veins. I had to somehow get that mare, and that man, and her keepers away from her. She deserved so much better, even if it was just as a retirement barn, living peacefully in a pasture. She deserved so much more than this racing life and I wanted to give it to her, but with the amount of money she was racking in, I knew it would be hard.
      The gates open.
      And they’re off.
      Off onto the track, first a dark bay stallion in the lead, then a nice golden palomino behind, then Camila. That mare took off with immaculate speed and hooves of absolute thunder. Once for a second there even, I though I saw steam coming from her nostrils. She was an absolute machine, a beast on the track. So sweet, yet so absolutely competitive. I craved it. I yearned for this mare. I admired how she would not give up, no matter what her keepers and her jockey would put her through, she would not give up.
      I cheered from the stands, my eyes pinned on that mare as she moved, even flew down the track. She was so graceful and so speedy. I loved it. I loved her already even if I had never met the mare in person.
      They began to turn around the bend, but that’s when it happened. The palomino that had sped out in front of her fell. This tripped Camila.. She was down and all the other horses and jockeys sped past her. I understand, it’s a sport, and big money is won if your horse places.. but no one helped. Not at first.
      My eyes watched the scene in horror. My heart pounding in my chest, even feeling as if it was in my throat. I couldn’t swallow, I couldn’t speak. What had happened? The palomino was quick on his feet, he was fine other than a few scuffs here and there, even his jockey was surprisingly fine, but he wasn’t worried about his horse.. No.. He was worried about the horse who lay in front of him, whinnying and struggling to even lift her head up.
      Camilia was hurt. You could tell, the palominos jockey could tell, but shockingly Camila’s jockey was trying to make her stand up. I couldn’t tell from there, so I had to get closer. I ran from the stands and out the the fencing, but by the time I could get to the mare, the medics and vets were already there, all in the way of my view. Minutes passed by, my heart still in my throat, but someone finally moved and by the look on their face, I could tell it wasn’t good. I looked to her, and that’s when I saw it. Her leg.. Oh god her leg..
      “ Please!” I screamed. I screamed with everything in me, while my mind asked God to let her be okay, I pleaded with the medic personnel, “Please tell me she’ll be okay!” This caught her jockey’s attention, he looked at me as if trying puzzle where he had seen me before, but that’s when something in his little head clicked. He bit his lip and looked at the mare, then to me, and began making his way towards me. “Look ma’am…” he started but I cut him off. “ Look, if she’s able to recover I’ll buy her. I’ll but her now if I have to.” Jesus? What was I saying.. I didn’t have the money to buy a race horse, the horses back home were already ripping my bank account in half.
      “She’s not going to be able to race again, and it’s already on the table about putting her down..” He informed me. I grabbed the fencing and started shaking my head. “No, no no” I cried “She’s only four, let me take her and I swear she’ll recover. She’ll be fine, I’ll be able to give her what she needs. I have a vet.”
      He eyed me for a second, then looked back to the medic personnel who were loading the mare up. “I’ll talk to my bosses..”
      “Can we at least exchange numbers? Tell your bosses I’ll pay whatever he want’s, even the vet bills as long as I get that mare..” I was desperate at this point. I wanted her so bad I could taste it, and knowing that she’d more than likely get put down absolutely ripped my heart into shreds.
      He nodded and we exchanged numbers.
      That was years ago.. Since then, we’ve been in touch and surprisingly, she wasn’t put down.. I don’t know how I managed it, but I got her.. All this time, watching her, wanting her and hearing all those bad things about how she was treated.. I have her.. I’ll spare you the details, but just know, she had broken her leg. It was severe, but the vet’s weren’t willing to let that mare die, and neither was I. Albeit, I didn’t pay all the medical bills, but I did buy her, at a ridiculous price but I was willing to comply, just as long as I knew she had a safe and loving home.
      She’s an absolute sweet heart. The Vets said she would never be able to race again, but she’d make a good therapy horse, especially for young kids because of her sweet personality, and that’s exactly what we’ve made her. She loves her kids, she's so gentle and willing to let the kids do pretty much whatever to her. Pull her mane, jump around in the saddle, scream, even sometimes cry; which some do, for fear of Camilia being bigger than them.
      She doesn't spook easy, so this is the perfect job for her, and I admire that.
      I don’t know what it is about her, but I cant get away from her, and she can’t get away form me. We’ve bonded over the course of what, I think it’s been four years? Maybe five? And we’ve became inseparable. All the other horses love her aswell, even my meanest stallion Cookie Monster, and my feisty little mare Black Velvet loves her to death. You can tell though, she favors me over them all, even my husband..
      I think she knew I saved her. Not only from a terrible life, but from being put back in a terrible situation, or even being put down. She’s a smart mare after all. But this is me, signing off. Maybe tomorrow I’ll tell you about the time she accidentally busted a play ball on the pasture fencing. Now that I think about it, I don’t think she had ever played with one, much less have any play time in general.. She’s like a little foal in the pasture haha.. Anyway! I’m signing off for real this time
Last edited by hellenistic on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
hellenistic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:18 am

Extended until the 31st! I'd love at least 2 finished forms to look over.
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:16 am

Username;; certified
Show Name: Up In Smoke
Barn Name: Blaire
Height: 16 hh
Halter: maybe a nice orange?
Discipline: cutting
Competition:

A spring breeze picked up at White Orchard. The sun was beating down on the green pastures, leaves tiptoeing on the grass in the breeze.
Song birds sang in the trees, filling the air with a sweet melody that a few of the horses bobbed their heads to when Julie, a rider at White Orchard, heard the phone start ringing.
She dropped the bucket she had started to but grain in and ran to the house to answer the phone before it stopped ringing. As she picked up the phone, she heard someone immediately start saying "Hi, I'm so-and-so from the local rescue. We have a wild horse here, and I can't seem to calm her down long enough to load her up. We don't want to give her anesthesia if we can avoid it. Can you please come down to 47955 Aspen way?"

Julie nodded her head and then face palmed when she realized he couldn't see her through the phone. "Yes sir. I'll be there within the hour." She quickly loaded up her truck and trailer and boogied.

When Julie arrived she gasped. The image she had pictured in her head of this horse, shattered. This horse was not at all what she had imagined. She was way more beautiful than she could've ever dreamed up. But she was angry. Really angry right now.
Julie walked up to this gorgeous sooty, spotted raging creature, hand reaching in her pocket for one of the strawberry treats she carried. Blaire reared, kicking out her front legs, her eyes dancing around nervously to the ten strangers that surrounded her.
She put all hooves back on the ground, her chest heaving with every breath.

Julie asked everyone to stand back or stand on the sidelines, as this horse was not known, nor predictable and she didn't want anyone seriously hurt. She pulled the treat out of her pocket, flattening her palm to hand it to the horse. Blaire, sniffed at the treat, laid her ears back and nipped Julie's hand, Julie pulling her hand away just a little too late to avoid it.

"Sheesh. That didn't feel good." Julie had commented. "C'mon girl, it's just a treat, calm down."
Blaire gave Julie a bewildered look and took off running the second Julie took another step toward her. Julie sighed, realizing this girl wasn't gonna make it easy for her. She slowly walked the opposite direction of Blaire, halter and lead rope in hand and treats in the other. Blaire paused and Julie paused too. When Blaire walked, Julie walked too. Eventually they both had walked in a big long circle out in the pasture, meeting in the middle.
Blaire's gaze stopped to meet Julie's and you could see a small twinkle in her eyes, like this was just all fun and games.
The rider kept her eyes on the sooty Dunalino's big eyes and for a second it looked like Blaire smirked. And then she went running again. Her hair whipping through the air, hooves pounding the soft dirt below them sounding almost like a little bit of quiet thunder.
Julie huffed, but couldn't help but shake her head and chuckle a little bit.

Blaire had been a trouble maker since Julie first met her. 3 years later, and Blaire resides at White Orchard with several other horses she ended up becoming friends with.
Julie has always had a hard time getting Blaire to allow her to use a bitted halter. She loved playing tag at the worst times, but she was well behaved and very cautious and considerate when someone finally made it on her back or risked riding without a halter and leads.
Blaire was not always easy to deal with. She could definitely be a handful if she was having one of her stubborn days, and you might as well give it up if she's not in the mood. But Julie figured her out well, figured out her limits, her likes and dislikes.
But they've always had this sarcastic, funny, playful, teasing relationship since the get go.

Julie, after figuring out Blaire is huge into running around, she figured she needed something that exerted her energy. And since White Orchard was a ranch and training/boarding facility in the North West, she found something Blaire might like.
She saddled her up one day, and hopped on her back after Blaire had finally let her get the bit in her mouth and harness on her head.
She took Blaire out by the cattle pasture to the training arenas, and started her on barrel racing. Blaire wasn't too fond of it, though she did pretty darn good. But Julie wanted to find something that Blaire enjoyed, actually enjoyed. They tried eventing, but Blaire wasn't seeming to enjoy that either. So Julie took her out to the pasture with the cattle and tried her hand at cutting. And whew, Blaire excelled. Blaire did amazing at cutting and she kept wanting to.

Julie ended up working her every other day so Blaire had something to do with all her boisterous energy.

It was amazing to see her finally enjoy something, after months and months of trying so many things to lift her spirits.

Still a wip

Last edited by certified on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me