Based on Click to view
Artist JessKnight [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

WIP Species

Postby JessKnight » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Buzz with this yummy lines, now I just gotta do a few things with a few people to get these all nice and good

Bought for: 460 C$ + $10 USD

Artist Rules:
"Never remove the signature
Reselling, selling designs off of, or distributing after purchase is okay!
Do not use unless you are the buyer, or have specific permission from the buyer."

Artist About:
"A semi-aquatic anthro species, they can breathe fine under water because of their gills on the side of their ribs, and on and around the back of their neck. They have a star shaped luminous appendage they can move at will (thought to attract fish for nomnom?) They have sea-lion ears (but bugger) and a star shaped nose (when viewing from the front). Their tail is a large, flat, flexible flipper (much like a fish fin!) And is light weight on land, but also an amazing way to move under water! Their feet are wide and flat, with thick, flat toes. While they arent very flexible they still are a good source of movement for land or water."
"I dunno why the baby lines are holding a star, maybe as a ref as to what their light star would be when they grow up? Or maybe the species eats starfish and the bab needs to est to grow big strong? Idk"

Name: Star Feesh/Dream Wishers (Might be something else but I'm loving those two names from the original thread)

Random Ideas:
They can breathe air but only for short amounts of time, mostly live in the water (Mostly in the deep sea?)
Maybe they have a main 'base' where they gather together as a sort of 'city' under the sea (Maybe multiple?)
Backgrounds of on shore, in shallow water (Light blues and maybe some yellow up top), in deep sea (Deep blues and purples), and (if the one above stays) with a sort of sandstone-y city in the background (This one honestly is more just something interesting, could just be something that's added to the deep sea background?)
They're probably pretty omnivorous, their little star can either be for attracting prey to eat or attracting eachother to make squishy lil babies
Also because LGBT+ Rights, they're probably intersex (so they can just mate with any other creature of their species)
Can still probably be trans if their assigned gender/pronouns don't match what their gender actually is (Trans less in the gender not matching sex and more gender not matching assigned gender)
They might assign gender/pronouns just due to looks or star brightness where brighter stars are considered more masculine because it's easier to find prey or attract a mate?
Orientation is probably, as it usually is, based on gender, rather then sex (since they're all intersex anyway), and that's basically it (So a gay SF/DW that is a guy/goes by he/him will be attracted to other DWs/SFs that are guys/go by he/him)
Basically: They can be trans, cis, nonbinary, straight, gay, bi, pan, ace, or anything else, and all of the species in intersex and can mate with any other member of this same species with no issues really
They also probably don't have much in the way of homophobia/transphobia/LGBT-phobia and they're pretty chill

To Do:
Lock-Alpha Color (Adult, Baby, Eggs) [I'll be working on these like Right After Posting This]
Rules/Guidelines
Background(s) [Beach, Shallow Water, Deep Water]

Currently the open/closed status of this species isn't decided, but for now it's just owned by myself (JessKnight) and co-owned by _silentsiren_ who is free to make as many of these guys as they want (Though I'd recommend waiting until I finish coloring in these lines so it's just a lil easier)

Okay I'm gonna stop now and actually get this up so I can work on this finally sdagsdgsdag
ʜᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴄᴏᴀ
I'm just Jess
Artist / Gamer

ɪꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ
ʜ ᴜ ɢ
Discord ID:
Jessica Knight#8728
ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ
ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ!
JessKnight

My pets
My items