Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

The King Fisher by LibrarySystem

Artist LibrarySystem [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The King Fisher

Postby LibrarySystem » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:21 am

I might have spent too much time on this... I also gave myself a bit of a challenge to not use any blending tools. Like the smudge tools, or water colors or anything. I ONLY used the paint brush to apply the colors. But I did go ahead and use the air brush for the shading and the background. I think it's a real fun challenge. And it really helps me work on my color intensity and helps me pay attention to how much i'm diluting and making colors vibrant.

I used this picture off of google as reference: This

And I based this off of one of my acheived dreamies for the Oekaki challenge! I love this bby! And I'm pretty darn sure it was designed to be a kingfisher in the first place. >u<

Pet's name: KingFisher (Dreamie Achieved NFT)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
LibrarySystem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The King Fisher

Postby Willow223 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 am

BROOOOOOOOOO you deserve a feature.
{Artist} {She/her} {Artist}

Willow

https://discord.gg/ZkSjvjZ <<< Join my Chicken Smoothie discord
Willow223

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby write » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:36 am

This is absolutely gorgeous! I'll second lpsbluechinchilla's suggestion. I love how you challenged yourself with no blending.
write

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Willow223 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:43 am

Okay, so I went on to google and was like "GOOGLE SHOW MEH A KINGFISHER BIRD NOW!" and google was like "OKAY!"
and GUESS what I found? I found and honest to god PHOTO of the kingfisher bird, that looks just like this. THAT'S how good this is.
Okay? Like srrsly, This needs a feature. MK?
Look, I know what your ref was but bruh, this is soooooooo good, and it looks like soooo many of the photos i found!

Willow

https://discord.gg/ZkSjvjZ <<< Join my Chicken Smoothie discord
Willow223

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LibrarySystem » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:21 am

makemegold wrote:This is absolutely gorgeous! I'll second lpsbluechinchilla's suggestion. I love how you challenged yourself with no blending.

lpsbluechinchilla wrote:Okay, so I went on to google and was like "GOOGLE SHOW MEH A KINGFISHER BIRD NOW!" and google was like "OKAY!"
and GUESS what I found? I found and honest to god PHOTO of the kingfisher bird, that looks just like this. THAT'S how good this is.
Okay? Like srrsly, This needs a feature. MK?
Look, I know what your ref was but bruh, this is soooooooo good, and it looks like soooo many of the photos i found!

Hahaha, Thank you! >u< I appreciate your enthusiasm! (c; I also linked my reference photo in the description.)

Last bumped by LibrarySystem on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:21 am.
LibrarySystem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me