Based on Click to view
Artist oakfire [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E025

Postby oakfire » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:16 am

Welcome to the Fallen Oaks Farm Event
It is here that an illegal Euphorian Thoroughbred breeding operation was shut down by local authorities. All of the mares, stallions, and of age foals are in need of homes. There will also be some mares that still have their foals that need to be taken care of. Euphorian lovers from all over have come together to get homes for all of the animals. They've brought giant trailers and are ready and waiting to bring home a bunch of new faces. But before adopting, they must visit the trailer parking site. Welcome to Fallen Oaks Farm!

Owner: watercliff
Show Name: Cause for Applause
Barn Name: Hershey
Height: 17 HH
Eye Color: Lavender fields
Phenotype: Sooty isabella palomino splash
Genotype: ee | Ata | Crcr | Stysty | SplSpl
Mane Type: Long
Discipline: Therapy horse
Halter: #b2d3c2
Breeding Info:
- carries seal brown (Ata)
- will always pass splash
Edit List:
- long mane
- long tail
- pinned ears
- wide eyes

this poor stallion is huddled up in a corner, too frightened by the activity to even touch his provided water and food. sometimes he comes forward to investigate the water, before a loud noise sends him to the back of the pen once more, stressed and uncomfortable.

for this horse, in 200+ words, write about the first time you get him to eat and drink without getting spooked!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Link to Trailer Park Entry:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b] ( min. 200 words)

ends: wednesday, september 4th
Last edited by oakfire on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
unlikely to come back.
oakfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E025

Postby watercliff » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:13 am

Username: watercliff
Height: 17hh
Halter: #b2d3c2 please <3
Discipline: Therapy Horse (if this isnt alright, I can change it, just feel like he could be one ^^)
Link to Trailer Park Entry: Click!
Story: Hunter looked at the stallion, the horse looked terrified of everything; eyes wide and ears pinned. The boy stood near his pen and offered small treats, standing still with his arm outstretched to him and talking softly, trying his best to reassure the scared stallion. Hunter was standing there for nearly thirty minutes, eyes off the horse in an effort to make him comfortable before he moved, Hunter listening to the slow steps as he moved to sniff at the sugar cube, though he didnt take it, retreating back to his corner. Hunter lightly tossed the treat in; the stallion jumping at the movement before lowering his head for a few sniffs. Hunter went out of site for a few minutes, hoping that would be enough.
He had been told that the stallion hadn’t eaten since he came in, and it was painfully obvious. His ribs and hips stood out on his thin frame, his legs almost too weak to hold himself but he was too scared to lay down to rest them. A soft nicker broke him out of his thoughts, looking from the doorway as the stallion stood near where he once had, sniffing around like he was looking for another; he was still jumpy, ears flicking around as he listened to everything. His eyes followed shadows before training on Hunter who had started to come into view.

Hunter spoke softly as he inched forward, backing up if the stallion did. He had a small scoop of oats in his hand this time, just hoping that he would eat a bit of them. Once he had gotten back to the pen without the horse panicking, he slowly put his hands forward, growing emotional as he sniffed at his hand and took some; his anxiety settling and making him give a shuddering breath. He assumed the stallion could sense the tense emotion, and took a bit more before sniffing at Hunter’s hat, blowing hot breath through it as he tried to comfort his new friend. Hunter couldn’t help but to cry a bit; this horse who was once labelled as a potential lost cause had shown that he was still determined to live; nibbling at the last bit of oats and even allowing Hunter to gently touch his nose. Hunter knew that with time this horse could truly be saved, smiling to himself as he slowly moved to bring out a few more treats to offer. This time, the stallion didn’t spook away.

414 words. I kinda fell in love with this boy and was truly inspired <3
𝒯𝑜𝒷𝓎
────────────
Blep

Blap

Don't you Fear, for a Comin' are the Heroes

Sinner Forged in the Heat of a Hellfire
Sinner Born in the Flame
To Defend our Home from the Comin' Blight

watercliff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:33 am

Username: Half Tree
    Show Name: When Hearts Wander
    Barn Name: Dewr [welsh 'brave']
    Height: 15.3hh
    Halter: eye colour w/silver hardware
    Discipline: Cow Horse
    Link to Trailer Park Entry: Tara ready for battle.
    Story: ( min. 200 words)
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am

Username: JerseyDusk
Show Name: Near the Aspens
Barn Name: Tremblay
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter: autumn stripes
Discipline: dressage
Link to Trailer Park Entry: xxx
Story:

Rosalind's face could barely contain the smile that appeared there when the dirty stallion that she stood watching stepped off the trailer at River Valley Equestrian. It had been a whole day since her trainer had led him off into the round pen, and she was still just as excited. Though the longer should stood at the fence rails, the more she noticed that the stallion didn't seem to eat or drink. Her grin faded as she watched the famished horse's eyes dart toward the loose hay and the black water tank, why didn't he want to eat or drink? The red headed girl glanced over her shoulder, looking around the stable yard to see if Lea, her trainer, was around. Lea had specifically told her not to go into the round pen with the stallion because they wouldn't know how he would react after coming from the situation that he was in. And even though the stud was almost too calm being led on and off the trailer, Lea still didn't trust him and instructed her student not to, as well.

But life's no fun if you listen to all the rules, Rosalind thought with a stern nod. So as the stallion walked toward the far side of the pen, the red-head's hand gripped the latch and she silently slid along the inside of the wooden fence rails. The stud stood still looking over the side of the pen, his nose catching the wind and his ears perked forward. Ros smirked and moved her body toward the water tank and bale of hay, without moving her eyes from the thoroughbred. It wasn't until she reached the bale of hay and picked up a large handful, that the stallion's ears flicked toward her. Dried grass floated to the ground and she glanced at the horse, who tilted his head back toward the girl. Though, he simply swished his dirty tail and continued to look out toward the other horse pastures.

Come on boy, you've got to eat..., Ros wanted to whisper but kept her mouth in a thin line. She then moved back away from the feed, and decided to sit down holding the hay, facing away from the horse. Rosalind closed her eyes and willed the dirty horse to come toward her and after what seemed like half an hour, she finally heard hoof beats. The stallion seemed to drag his hooves in the sand, as he gradually moved toward the girl. His muzzle nudged her back, and sent a warm feeling down her spine; though she still wanted him to eat more than investigate her. It took another five minutes before his face was in front of hers and his whisker's tickled the girl's face, who couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. The noise seemed to almost spook him but instead of shying, the stallion's eyes just widened. Huh, maybe he likes noise more than he likes silence, the red-head pondered. "Hey there, boy," the girl said in a soft voice, "you want something to eat?" And almost as if the stallion understood, he looked at the hay and then back at Ros.

Ros picked the handful back up and nodded, "that's it boy, you can eat!" As the words left her mouth, the dirty stud gingerly picked at the hay in her hand. Once the taste was in his mouth, he was no longer shy about his hunger. And he started to greedily eat the hay. Rosalind smiled, "That's a good boy! I guess you just wanted permission to eat, huh?" and she let out a little laugh. She stood as he finished the small pile she moved over, and walked toward the water tank and rest of the bale, the dirty horse on her heels. The red-head patted his neck as he started to eat from the bale, and even dipped his nose in the water to drink.

word count [662]
Last edited by JerseyDusk on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter:
Discipline:
Link to Trailer Park Entry: [x]
Story: ( min. 200 words)[/code]

this poor stallion is huddled up in a corner, too frightened by the activity to even touch his provided water and food. sometimes he comes forward to investigate the water, before a loud noise sends him to the back of the pen once more, stressed and uncomfortable.

Sept 4th - hopefully have time before the hurricane
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakfire » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:48 am

I'll close this tonight, 11:59 p.m. MST c:
unlikely to come back.
oakfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:27 am

Username:
certified
Show Name:
Until Lambs Become Lions
Barn Name:
Rise
Height:
16.3hh
Halter:
Surprise me
Discipline:
Dressage
Link to Trailer Park Entry:
Here!!
Story:
It wasn't easy. Everything seemed to spook him. Shifting feet. A crow flying overhead, coughing, even just the sound of the grain shifting in the huge metal bowl. What do I do about water? A calf bottle?? A water bottle?
What freaked him out even more was trying to do anything with the gate. Claiming over, opening it, both seemed to send him into a fearful frenzy of tripping over his own hooves just to get away from the sound.
Once officially through the gate, he was fine. Came up to sniff and smell quickly, before something else spooked him off. Eventually, I got him in a stall, where it was a bit quieter, and sat down with the feed. Half a day later and he's finally come in and was able to stretch his neck down and eat a bit, the bottle full of water, beside my leg. He eventually plopped down, tucking his legs underneath him, and took a few drinks of water from the bottle, as I had yet to get a water trough in the paddock without him jumping everywhere trying to escape. He quieted down, too exhausted to exert his energy on trying to run from anything, and ate until he fell asleep in the stall, next to me.

certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakfire » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm

watercliff wrote:Username: watercliff
Height: 17hh
Halter: #b2d3c2 please <3
Discipline: Therapy Horse (if this isnt alright, I can change it, just feel like he could be one ^^)
Link to Trailer Park Entry: Click!
Story:
-snip-

congrats! lovely stories, everyone. I honestly kept coming back here all day to try and make a decision c':
unlikely to come back.
oakfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me