Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kruise Attendee 12

Postby monstera » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 pm

owner is symmetra
edits;;
[s] shine
[c] hair, fur, tail, backmane
[uc] ears

Approaching the shore of the beach, you spot a familiar face looking out across the ocean. He seems deep in thought and doesn't notice until you call out his name.

Oi, hey there! He responds, waving you over cheerfully. You ask what he was so focused on, to which he turns his gaze back out to the sea and sighs,

Well.. some of the other kruisers have mentioned seeing a shadowy figure hanging around when we're out snorkeling, but it always swims away too fast whenever someone notices! All of them have mentioned it looks like a sea creature of sorts, but in the shape of another kalon. Maybe you can help me out?

For this comp, find a picture/gif of what sea creature this mysterious kalon might look like, and how you lure them out of hiding!
      (It can either be your kruiser that lures them out, or yourself. Interpret as you wish! Maximum of 300 words)

No extras, but prettying up is okay!

Code: Select all
      [b]username;[/b]
      [b]name;[/b] can be tbd!
      [b]picture/gif:[/b] remember, must be a sea creature!
      [b]how you lure them out:[/b] 300 word max

ends July 29th at 7:00pm CST (CS rollover)
Last edited by monstera on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monstera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kruise Attendee 12

Postby Myst_c » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Username: Myst_c
name: TBD
picture/gif: Vampire Squid
How you lure them out:
I mean, to be honest, I don't even know how to catch or lure a seagull, so let alone try to catch a vampire squid, Or... was it a kalon, squid kalon, vampire squid kalon? Ok look, my point is, I don't know any ways to capture this thing, all my possibilities don't end up so good.
I can't try to be nice to it because it obviously seems to be running away from EVERYTHING, I can't lure it with food of any kind (Though I wish I could, heck food is everything) annnnnd obviously I'm as slow as an actual vampire squid so no hope of catching the kalon there.

Ok here's my plan, after a few hours of not really planning, I managed to think of a idea! Very nice and simple, old fashion way.... kind of. You know how fish are attracted to shiny stuff? Well, Since the Vampire Squid isn't an actual squid, more like a living fossil, I'd though I would allure it with this shiny charm that glows in the dark that I managed to find in the gift shop! So now.... we wait..As I tie this charm to the fishing rod.

I felt a tug! Let me just
...quickly.... sTrUgGle tO PULL! There you are! Gotcha! I got your paws locked with my grasp, Now come with me! We're going to get some delicious seafood and have a nice talk about you little friend.
241/300
Last edited by Myst_c on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Myst_c | she/her
    inactive for 2 years,
    recently came back
    ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · ❃ · credit

Myst_c

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby credit » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:35 pm

username; credit || name; Tarei ||
════════════════════════════════════════
picture/gif: Manta Ray
════════════════════════════════════════
how you lure them out:

The waters of the beach were calm and the day had just begun. Mariazell found himself sitting on the beach sands with his knees to his chest to watch the sunrise. He had found himself performing this action since the ship had broken down. It was the most calming thing he could think of. He hadn’t made any friends during this trip and all he really had to blame was himself. He let his shyness get the best of him most times, but today, today was going to be different. As he rose from the sands to get a better view of the sun as it climbed higher into the sky, he stretched with a soft yawn, preparing himself to start the say once more.

Mari didn’t have much planned for the day besides sketching some more of the island’s wild life to art to his animal art book. His destination of choice for today was near the tide pools and it didn’t take long for him to get there. He found himself sitting down by a group of bushes and smiled when he spotted the smallest of crabs and he immediately started to sketch. He started off in the sand to plan out his piece before putting his pen to paper. It was a peaceful time until he spotted a rather curious pair of eyes lurking from the bushes across from him. “K-Keep going..please…I-I like to watch..” said the voice ever so softly.

Mari perked his ears and blushed, partially shy that someone noticed his work. “You can..get a better look if you come closer…M-Maybe I could even draw you? I-I wouldn’t mind.” He stuttered softly, hoping to draw the mysterious being out of hiding.

[286 words]
Last edited by credit on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:37 pm

username; Grey_Hoodie
    name; will be tbd! ^^
    picture/gif: Flamboyant Cuttlefish
    how you lure them out: [268 words]
      Roka wasn’t entirely sure what had the other kalon spooked so badly that they’d flee on sight, and because he wasn’t the sort to offer comfort to strangers, any ideas of coaxing the critter out into the open with sweet words and gift offerings were instantly dispelled. Instead, his mind fired up with thoughts of dragging the kalon out through competition, as most everyone he knew was driven by a force to be victorious over others – regardless of what the actual competition was about -- and, hopefully, this stranger wouldn’t be much different. Also, why not a game this critter already seemed to excel at?

Shouting over the crash of the waves, Roka called out to the mysterious wanderer, “Hey! We’ve already seen you several times, so your turn is over! If you can find all of us, you win! Remember to count to one-hundred so we have enough time to hide!” Without waiting for any confirmation from the stranger, Roka reset his gear and dove beneath the waters, seeking out a coral cubbyhole, just big enough to disguise him. He hoped his words were enough to goad the critter into playing with them.

Roka counted the seconds away, eagerly awaiting the appearance of the stranger, but with each passing minute, he began to wonder if his idea had worked at all. But then! A stranger’s paw reached through the coral to clasp onto his wrist, and glancing up, Roka could see the stranger eyeing curiously down at him, a pleased grin spreading across their face. “Got you!” The mysterious kalon snickered.

Aha! Roka thought, Got you, too!
Last edited by Grey_Hoodie on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:39 pm

username; SilhouetteStation
name; tbd c:
picture/gif: anthias fish

how you lure them out: 299w;
in the perspective of my kruise kal

Annie was just as intrigued by these mysterious sightings as the next person, but she decided that perhaps it was time someone tried to reach out to them. She didn't like the idea that they were out there alone, when they could be with company, enjoying the island. And so, she got on a surfboard and paddled out to sea.

Lucky the water here is so calm, she thought to herself as she neared the place where the locals had spotted the mysterious stranger. A few large rocks were grouped close together, but other than that, she only saw deep ocean.

"Hello?" she called out. Silence. "You don't need to be afraid," she continued. "We've seen you out here, and we just wanted to invite you to the island."

More silence. She started digging in her satchel. "I have snacks!" she said, waving a bag of potato chips in the air. "Chips, chocolate, and-whoops." One of the packets slipped from her board, bobbing away from her.

She leant forward, stretching out her arm. "I'll just get that...oh!" She let out a yelp as the board started tipping out from underneath her. Just as she was about to topple over, something dashed out from behind the rocks and caught her.

"Oh geez, thank you so much!" she said, steadying herself. When she looked at her rescuer, she couldn't hold back a surprised noise. "Goodness! You're so…colorful!"

They ducked their head shyly, but seemed pleased at the comment.

"You're the one they've been seeing, right?" she asked. "It must be lonely out here. Won't you come back with me? You can ride on the board. I'll try not to tip it again," she joked, and they giggled quietly.

She held out a hand and, after a moments hesitation, they accepted it.
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bostonlobstah » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Mark!
bostonlobstah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skip » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:50 pm

username; .River.
name; Tbd! :')
picture/gif: Image
how you lure them out: Pip decided to go out and explore a bit. He was enjoying himself and having lots of fun, when suddenly, he saw a pinkish Kal hiding away. "Why hello there little fella! What's the matter? I'm friendly, don't worry I won't hurt you!" The Kal begins to slip back slowly, a look of fear in its eyes. Pip smiles warmly, and says, "It's ok, please don't run away! I'm willing to help you it will be ok." The Kal looks around tentatively, but begins to approach Pip. Pip smiles, and reaches out his paw, but the Kal immediately jumps back. Realizing he needs to move more slowly, Pip apologizes for his quick action. The Kal gets a little anxious, and looks scared. Pip whispers softly, "Hey it's ok I won't do anything to you just please follow me." After a few minutes of silence, the Kal begins to walk over. Pip slowly reaches out his paw, and takes the pink kals hand. For the first time, the Kal begins to smile with a look of relief. Pip smiles and says, "You'll be just fine, come, let's go get some snacks you look starved!"
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
tracking this pet sent to pound on 4.19.2020
Want to join Furrypaws a game about breeding and training dogs? Click this link to use my referral, pick a dog and a name then continue with the sign up process!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/1550930
skip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby space_ace » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:51 pm

username; space_ace
name; tbd
picture/gif: seabunny
how you lure them out: It was a group effort. Different attendees would sit or stand near this mysterious stranger and let them know it's okay to come out. Some even said it's okay to stay hidden if that's what they really wanted. It took days of shifts of people, each interacting with this attendee in different ways.

"We can go dancing if you come out!"

"Let's just talk for a bit."

"It's okay if you don't wanna come out. We understand."

Each of these different kalons warmed the heart of the shy attendee. Eventually they found themselves nervously peeking out, ready to face the world head on. They were welcomed with open arms and warm hearts. Maybe coming out wasn't such a bad idea.
Last edited by space_ace on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
space_ace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:53 pm

username; DragonOfEmber
name; Nilakanta Ryuu || Nilakanta meaning "Blue Throated" in Hindi, Ryuu meaning "Dragon Spirit" in Japanese
how you lure them out: Araena gently held out her hands, showing they were empty, with only a small little flower lay in the palm of her right.
"A flower, for you, pretty. I would like to be your friend." She told them, a soft smile on her face. Through the magic of her headpiece, she connected to her homeland, creating a soft glow around the flower in her palm. That was it, all she offered, waiting for this girl to open up. "You don't have to worry, I won't hurt you. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'd like to protect you, make you feel safe." With that, she waited, her small smile soft upon her face.
picture/gif:
Last edited by justamindset on Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persona » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:59 pm

username; persona
name; can be tbd!
picture/gif:
how you lure them out: pip would pick their brightest colored wetsuit to match the colors that other people have observed, and hope it'll make the other kalon assume they're the same 'species'. it's easier to trust someone when they look like you. pip would have to frequently visit the area and push unseen boundaries to get the other kalon comfortable with their presence, then wait for them to approach pip. patience yields focus, but it also yields reward.
Last edited by persona on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me