Based on Click to view
Artist Neah [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Allies | #0006

Postby Neah » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Welcome to Allies!
Allies is an adoptable based on Rise and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

To claim you must be at least level 1.
This adopt may be integrated into your Rise clan or used as a loner.
This dog may never be traded.

Username: SurgeFire
    Dog Name: Maggie
    Clan: AsterClan

Description: Black and white with ticking.

Other Features:
Last edited by Neah on Mon May 06, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Allies | #0006

Postby SurgeFire » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 pm

Username: SurgeFire

Prompt:

Maggie wasn't always this big.
She came to the Clan as a puppy. Or, she stumbled upon it; accidental, yet future-changing. Thistlestar took some pity on her; after all, who couldn't? She may have been a dog, but Thistlestar reasoned dogs, like cats, could change.

And she grew.

"It's getting... big, Thistlestar." Minkcloud shuffled their paws. "Not to say anything against your word, of course, but what are we going to do with it?"
"Maggie's just fine where she is." she scoffed, firm. "She'll stay unless she attacks anyone. My words."
"...of course, of course. I'm simply concerned with your reasoning."
Concerned? Why would a cat keeping a dog be concerning?

"I remember being much bigger than the others in FrostClan." Thistlestar whispered to the molly at her side. Sunheart twitched her ear, already knowing, yet intrigued. "She may be a dog, but she can understand us. She can understand the cats who don't like her. I don't want to put any other through what I've been through... feeling alienated because of something you can't control."
"You have quite the bleeding heart, Thistlestar." Sunheart responding, not entirely sure how to react. "Yet I do see where you're coming from. Perhaps... it would be beneficial to keep such a large dog in camp.
"...but please, can we sleep now? It's the middle of the night and you're bugging me about keeping a dog. My day - no, these moons - have been strange enough..."
not active, SurgeFire elsewhere
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:33 am

dropping; got a dog already <3 good luck!
Last edited by Kazin on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:46 am

Username:
Dog Name:
Clan:

Prompt:

mark, StreetClan
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:10 am

Username: kiplingg
    Dog Name: Finnean
    Clan: FellClan

Prompt:
    Burningstar lightly leaped down onto the beach, the sand cold and gritty underneath her paws. She shook herself; the cold sea spray was collecting in beads of water on the ends of her fur as waves crashed against the rocky shore.

The she-cat glanced back over her shoulder, briefly reconsidering her decision to go fishing. The sea was rough today, its dark grayish waters choppy and the waves loud in her ears. But she flicked her tail and turned back towards the ocean, determined. She'd been stuck in camp overseeing the clan for nearly a week now, and she longed to catch her own prey-- and eat something other than hare or grouse.

Burningstar made her way to the edge of the water, eyes picking out a path further out into the water across several outcroppings of pitted dark rocks that rose above the surface of the bay. She jumped onto the first one, her long tail balancing herself as she perched atop the stone. It was quick work to make her way further out into the sea, and after she reached the outermost rock she crouched down, eyes scanning the water for the telltale silvery flash of fish scales.

Her mind soon wandered, soothed by the familiar crashing of waves and calls of seabirds. Burningstar had always loved coming to the shore as a younger cat, but it was difficult to spare time to herself now that she bore the responsibility of leading the clan. Even if she didn't manage to catch anything today, at least she got some time to just sit and think.

Her thoughts were stopped in their tracks when something crashed into her from the side, knocking her off of the slippery surface of the rock and sending her plunging into the icy water. She surfaced with a gasp after a moment, her panicked brain realizing that an especially large wave must have washed over the rock. Burningstar flailed out desperately with her paws, trying to get a grip on the rock again but before she could catch hold another wave forced her head under the water. This time, when her muzzle broke the surface, she was further away from the rocks, a powerful tide pulling at her body and tugging her further from shore.

She yowled in frustration and fear, struggling to swim back towards the stone outcroppings, but her legs simply thrashed uselessly as the cold rapidly sapped the strength from her limbs and her waterlogged fur threatened to drag her down.

If I lose a life now, I'll just keep drowning again and again until they're all gone, she realized, a fresh burst of panic coursing through her body. Burningstar renewed her struggling, trying desperately to simply stay afloat as waves dashed into her over and over again.

Suddenly she caught sight of something else in the water, a flash of black and white coming from the shore. Blinking salty spray out of her eyes, she realized with a sinking heart that a massive dog was headed straight for her. He cut through the water as if it was nothing, paddling strongly.

As if this could get any worse, she thought bitterly, hissing and spitting at the dog as it came nearer and nearer. It must have realized that I'm easy prey now. Burningstar couldn't swim away as the dog got close enough that she could feel its hot breath on her whiskers, and she simply closed her eyes as it opened its huge maw.

Its jaws could easily crush her skull, but instead, she felt teeth gently snatch at the scruff of her neck, careful not to close too tightly around the fur and skin between its large teeth. Burningstar's eyes opened wide in shock as the dog kicked to turn itself around and began swimming back to shore, breath huffing through its nostrils as it tugged her through the water.

Her body was limp with shock as the dog swam until the water was shallow enough for the dog to stand-- then she writhed and hissed until she freed herself from the dog's grip, scrambling away rapidly across the beach. The dog simply watched her go, then shook its thick black and white coat out, sending droplets of water flying through the air.

"I'm not going to hurt you," the dog said, his voice deep and rough. Burningstar froze in shock, her frantic thoughts about whether or not she had the energy to run from the beast halted.

"Why should I believe you?" She asked after a moment, tail lashing.

"I wouldn't hurt someone I rescued," he said as if it was obvious. "I saw you in the water, so I came and got you. I watch the shores to make sure that nobody is swept out to sea."

"Why?" Burningstar replied, her fear slowly replaced with curiosity. The dog sat down, but his head still towered above her.

"My master was taken by the ocean a few moons ago when his boat overturned," he said quietly. "I wasn't fast enough to save him. So now I keep watch over the shore so that the same thing doesn't happen to anybody else. Even if they are a cat," he added, his heavy jowls stretching into a grin.

After a few moments to think it over, Burningstar spoke again. "Well, thank you for saving my life. I suppose not all dogs are the same."

The dog wagged his tail, the fluffy thing thumping on the sand. Burningstar smiled despite herself. "Would you like to come to meet the rest of my clan? It will do them good to see things a little differently. And then you can know to save them too if they're ever as unlucky as I was today."

The members of her clan saw the huge dog-- Finnean, as he had introduced himself on their trek-- before they spotted Burningstar, and a chorus of yowls and hisses sent the camp into a frenzy as the warriors bunched together in the entrance, backs arched and claws digging into the soil. Burningstar was impressed with their courage-- there was no way any cat could stand up to Finnean's massive bulk, but they were willing to try anyway.

She stepped in front of Finnean as they approached the camp. "Don't worry, he's a friend," she called, and the warriors ceased hissing, glancing at each other and their leader with confusion in their eyes.

"He saved my life," Burningstar continued, the cats parting to allow her and Finnean into camp even as they continued to stare, fur puffed up and claws unsheathed, at the huge dog being let into their home. "I would have drowned if it weren't for his bravery."

No one spoke in response to his, so Burningstar simply led Finnean, who was peering curiously around the camp, over to the fresh-kill pile and tugged out a large, plump hare to offer to him. The dog wagged his tail, not hesitating to lie down with a thump and begin devouring the prey. He looked a little thin even for his size, and Burningstar assumed that he was struggling without his twoleg to help feed him.

She pulled a bird out of the pile herself and began eating it as though nothing was amiss, ignoring the fearful and confused whispers from her clanmates, who were keeping their distance from Finnean.

"No!" Came a sudden, desperate shout, and Burningstar glanced over to see that a young kit had pounced on Finnean's happily waving fluffy tail. The kit's mother began to dart forward, panic in her eyes, but the dog simply looked back at the kitten and continued to wag his tail, watching as the kit ran back and forth after it. His mother stopped, her back arched, and simply watched the interaction with disbelief.

The tense silence was broken by a small giggle from one of the apprentices, who bounded forward to also bat at Finnean's plumed tail. His friends stepped forward after a moment as well, and Finnean happily said hello to them.

Later that night, Burningstar smiled to herself as she noticed two apprentices curled up and sleeping as they nestled into Finnean's shaggy fur, the dog himself napping peacefully in the center of the camp as other cats went about their business, their glances towards the dog more curious than nervous now.

It seemed their clan had an unlikely new guardian.
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 am

SurgeFire wrote:Username: SurgeFire

Prompt:

Maggie wasn't always this big.
She came to the Clan as a puppy. Or, she stumbled upon it; accidental, yet future-changing. Thistlestar took some pity on her; after all, who couldn't? She may have been a dog, but Thistlestar reasoned dogs, like cats, could change.

And she grew.

"It's getting... big, Thistlestar." Minkcloud shuffled their paws. "Not to say anything against your word, of course, but what are we going to do with it?"
"Maggie's just fine where she is." she scoffed, firm. "She'll stay unless she attacks anyone. My words."
"...of course, of course. I'm simply concerned with your reasoning."
Concerned? Why would a cat keeping a dog be concerning?

"I remember being much bigger than the others in FrostClan." Thistlestar whispered to the molly at her side. Sunheart twitched her ear, already knowing, yet intrigued. "She may be a dog, but she can understand us. She can understand the cats who don't like her. I don't want to put any other through what I've been through... feeling alienated because of something you can't control."
"You have quite the bleeding heart, Thistlestar." Sunheart responding, not entirely sure how to react. "Yet I do see where you're coming from. Perhaps... it would be beneficial to keep such a large dog in camp.
"...but please, can we sleep now? It's the middle of the night and you're bugging me about keeping a dog. My day - no, these moons - have been strange enough..."

Congrats! I felt you captured a nice snapshot of the prompt. Take good care of the big girl.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Mon May 06, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi yes thank you so much Neah!! I thought my strange cat days were over ahhhh I definitely will take good care of her!
not active, SurgeFire elsewhere
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Traded to Rescue2001!
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Mark :)
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me