what kind of book with this doll write?

500 words maximum
optional: 250 extra words or 1 art extra

ends nov. 27, 11:59pm -6 central

Code: Select all
username:
doll name:
prompt:
Last edited by lysander on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #219 - dusky demise

Postby Wulfjaw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:08 pm

oh, how are your designs always so perfect? i love them, i might enter if i can finish my other entries!!
πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

I use he/him pronouns.
Wulfjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fugitive » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:59 am

username: Glomp
    doll name: Kieth
    shadow name: Sebastian
    prompt:

res <3
fugitive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✎ // " i have everything yet i have nothing ]

Postby ✦ nemuri » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:58 pm

|| [ username: .kaede ] || [ doll name: matteo - gift of god ] || [ gender: male ] || [ shadow name: invidia - italian for envy ] ||

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ ✎ prompt: ] he had never liked stories of fictional accounts. he considered them useless; stories were only good for passing the time, and matteo couldn't understand why anyone would want to swindle away their time on something that probably wouldn't even leave its mark on the world. stories were just words. words were only good for swaying those with human conscience, something that matteo lacked.

(it wasn't his fault that he was a mere porcelain doll that was created without a soul, though. it wasn't like matteo could change that part of him, even if he wanted to.)

that didn't make him immune to the the twisted desires and fallacies of human beliefs, however. he could only observe humanity with his limited scope, and most of the times, their feelings were unable to reach him. matteo had lived a long time, and there weren't many things that could shake him to his very core.

(he was a doll, after all. a doll incapable of emotion, and he assumed that this was all he'd ever be.)

the first time matteo cried was when a girl who barely reached the age of seven explained to him the flaws of human nature, but also the many intricacies and wonders that went hand in hand with those very flaws. the petite girl had articulated her words as clearly as she could for matteo to understand, and the thing that stuck out to the porcelain doll the most was how utterly defeated she sounded. how could such a young soul already know of the horrors that took place in the world?

(he had asked those very words to the girl. she had turned her head away and shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, almost as though she didn't think her words had that much of an impact on matteo. perhaps she really didn't know. she was still so young, after all.)

the last words that the girl had uttered to matteo was a plea for him to write a story, the thing that he hated with his very being. she had been insistent, and when she took her last breath, her hope had manifested in the form of something akin to a king's scepter. it was a clear reminder for matteo to write the story, and for a long time, he was angry that the girl had decided to burden him with such a task. he called his shadow "invidia" because he envied how the girl had been escape from the game of life, and because her name had originally started with the letter "i".

in any case, matteo had nothing better to do, and he begrudgingly picked up a pen to write a story. what was the story about? he didn't have a single idea, but whatever it was, it would encompass everything he learned from the girl. the book was a tribute to his shadow, and the book wove tales of the desires and dreams of humanity.

matteo hated stories, but he wanted to experience emotions, too.

[ 500 / 500 words ]

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friggin' foxes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:11 am

florence

username: 9tailedfox
doll name: florence
shadow name: gareth

prompt:

florence will write about his amazing adventures and a manual on how he hunts demons and monsters. it includes indepth instructions as well as detailed drawings.
β˜… some info β˜…

✎ budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.
β™Š
completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

❀O❀O❀

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby princess yona. » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 am

what a sweetheart <33

username: princess yona.
doll name: harper {meaning 'pleasant and brave'}
shadow name: harley {meaning 'hare's meadow'}
prompt - adventure book {164 words}
"the lights flicker as two figures step out from the cover of the darkness. one was taller than the other by a few centimeters, a girl with hair as blue as an ocean during the evening and a small creature next to her. a cat. a tabby cat. a tabby cat that seemed to love the girl quite a bit and a tabby cat that held a staff within its minuscule jaws. the staff belonged to the blue ocean girl, a companion of sorts to her journeys that led her nowhere in particular. the girl, now creaking forward on her stiff legs, reached down to take the stick from the feline and gently caressed the animal's head before struggling back up right and stumbling down the cobblestone road." suddenly a gust of wind was sent through the window, sending the papers sat on the desk all over the floor and a blue haired doll to their feet. that was enough of that it seemed.
Last edited by princess yona. on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
princess yona.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:46 pm

sobbing bc i won't be able to enter but i want to see who this kid goes to mark

Re:

Postby lysander » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:16 pm

ozaki. wrote:

sobbing bc i won't be able to enter but i want to see who this kid goes to mark

if you need an extension i'd be happy to give one! O:
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalons   art   adopts   writing   toyhouse  
icon by my friend!
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby risotto » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:24 am

[username: IlluminatiTheShrimp - doll name: Kasai - gender: Male - shadow name: Ciphe]

prompt:
Wip hecc I love them so much omg I must remember to do this

Extra

<3

Credit
Image Dividers: Β©
Crown: Β©
Bow: Β©
-------------------------------
If you want me to
remove images pm
<3
risotto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:45 pm

whoops, didn't close this on time, but it seems like we have a winner here!

congratulations to .kaede !
i love the character you built using this idea of this non-emotional entity wanting to express/feel emotion through fiction!

thank you everyone for entering!!
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalons   art   adopts   writing   toyhouse  
icon by my friend!
β”‚