Artist magpiemochi. [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2603

Postby magpiemochi. » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am

owner: Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47058
name: Raymond

kitty adopt 1/?? this one is based on one of my fave types of kitty: the Sphynx O:

for this one, since these types of cats always look grumpy/sad no matter what, I'd like to know if this viscet's facial expression accurately portrays how they really feel. Do they just have a constant sour face on despite being in a great mood? Or are they always a grump?

you have unlimited words to answer this prompt and 4 extras which can be either art of writing. 400 words each or one art each c:

the end date will be July 5th at 11:59 pm Eastern

Code: Select all
name:

extras:

mutations wrote:minor mane mutation —- uncommon
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2603

Postby ~Teya~ » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am

Aww, they're so cute, just look at that faceee
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 am

name: Harlow
are they grumpy or nah? Yes, he took part in a war.

extras:

My sister generated these ideas. If I win and she ever gets an account, he'll probably be going to her.

Res!

Sphinx cats!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby funderful;; » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:58 pm

name:
    are they grumpy or nah?: heck yeah

extras: theme song, maybe a lil sketch, quick bio + personality blurb

possible ideas:
    > they have this constant bad luck that follows them/stuck with him at birth, and has happened so much to the point where they're just so done
    > either that or he's the familiar of a witch/wizard?
    > orrrr he could be cursed and he's Not Happy about being a viscet
funderful;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 pm

name: Chet
are they grumpy or nah? Chet is indeed a very grumpy little Viscet. In his opinion, you can blame it on his age. Every year older he got, the grumpier he got. Especially on the days when he has ran out of mints, then you better skadaddle.

extras: WIP!

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:40 am

x❄▬▬▬▬▬❄
░░░░░░░░░░░

░▄
░▄

name: Kocka
extra: 399 Words
▄░
▄░

░░░░░░░░░░░
x❄▬▬▬▬▬❄
The Nature of Kocka

Kocka is a viscet of simple pleasures who is easily overwhelmed. That is why she had made a point to live on her own. She is a wild viscet with a knack for gardening that has come in handy in sustaining her solitary lifestyle. Kocka lives on her own on a modest plot of grassy wilderness that she has lovingly tilled and tended for years. Her greatest aspiration is to simply be left alone to live out her days in peace and quiet. Unfortunately, she has terrible luck. It seems that every few days, some irritating, travelling viscet stumbles upon her land and thinks it is a good idea to introduce themselves, or even dare to ask for handouts.
    Naturally, Kocka does not take kindly to these interruptions. She is short and sarcastic towards visitors, and her razor-sharp tongue is usually enough to convince most to leave her land within minutes. If that does not work, Kocka has been known to chase trespassers off by snapping a wet rag at them. It is quite the sight to behold! Of course, such strong reactions are prone to attracting those who wish to see a show. Kocka's least favorite "visitors" are a band of visclings that regularly sneak onto her land to steal fruits or dare each other to get as close to her as possible without waking her at night.
    Since the only side of Kocka that anyone ever sees is her grumpy, "get off my lawn" attitude, most would consider her a perpetual stick-in-the mud. Perhaps that assessment would be accurate. Kocka is only truly content when shrouded in glorious solitude. Her rare smiles are reserved for herself, and herself alone.

Kocka, the Farmer

Ever since Kocka was little, she knew that she was not very social. On the contrary, Kocka was happiest when in complete solitude, and she dreamed of a future filled with this solitude. When she became old enough, Kocka journeyed out into the world, searching for a place to call her own. She settled on a charmingly peaceful plot of land about a half day's journey from the nearest viscet pack. There was a meadow on a gently-sloping hill and was surrounded by forest on all sides. It was the perfect place to start her humble life alone.
    Kocka started by building a wooden shack out of sticks and logs she felled herself, with the aid of a hatchet she brought along for this very purpose. As soon as she had a safe, dry place to sleep in, Kocka turned her focus to the earth. Up until now, she had been living off of whatever she could find or catch for herself, but Kocka wanted to live more comfortably than that. Her plan was to grow her own food. It was a surprisingly difficult job to till the soil and plant crops on her own, but the thought of fresh veggies motivated her to finish the job. Before long, Kocka had created a sizable garden, and she cared for it with all the tenderness she could muster. Every day, she removed weeds and watered the soil.

When autumn arrived, Kocka was able to enjoy a hearty harvest that would allow her to eat well throughout the winter. As soon as the ground thawed next spring, she started to work on a home improvement. It was an underground cache, much like a cellar, where she could store even more goodies. Last winter, her house had been rather crowded, post-harvest, and the need for more storage space was abundantly clear.
    The second improvement required some discomfort, but Kocka knew it would be worthwhile. She made the half-day journey to the viscet pack and traded some of her leftover seeds for a few young fruit trees. Carrying them all the way back to her land without damaging them was terribly challenging, but Kocka managed it. Soon enough, she had a new cellar and a fledgling orchard to add to her little farm.
    She has continued to make improvements since, and each day, she grows to love her tiny paradise more and more.
Last edited by Tordier on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hunny.milk.tea » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 am

name: Beatrice
are they grumpy or nah? Wip <3

extras:

One simply cannot ignore james.'s masterful designs <3
Last edited by hunny.milk.tea on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
hunny.milk.tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 am

name: Raymond

are they grumpy or nah?
      To be completely fair, that is just Raymond's everlasting face. Nobody has ever seen him smile so far, even when he claims, that he is really happy or that he just had heard the best news of his life, you will only ever find him having this expression.
      It is hard to deal with him that way, as it is difficult to say, what he really feels, and many people just rather do not deal with him at all, than to play a guessing game all day long.
      Others are taken aback byhis everlasting grumpy face, because they think, that he is an evil and bossy man, that you cannot properly deal with or talk to. But the truth is: Ray can crack jokes too and he is actually the most chill guy you will ever meet. And that even though he is the head of the police force and has great responsibility due to being the boss.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Congratulations, Sir. You have just solved the case."
      "Excellent."
      "You do not seem very happy about this, Sir."
      "What makes you think so?"
      "---"
      "Do I not look happy enough? - How about now?"
      "Uh... your face has not changed, Sir."
      "Of course it has. I am smiling. Can't you see I am smiling?"
      "Pardon, Sir? But by my definition, you are rather frowning."
      "Then call me Frowny the Clown, if you will."
      "Pardon, Sir?"
      "That was a joke."
      "A joke, Sir?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"The day of my promotion was the happiest day of my life."
      He points at the framed picture standing on his desk, right in front of him.
      "Yes, Sir. I can... see that, Sir."
      Isaac slowly blinks and smiles, trying not to sound rude. It is difficult, however, as Isaac is a bad liar. And the picture certainly seems not to show his boss during the happiest day of his life. It was quite the opposite, really. On the picture, Raymond rather looked like he wanted to be anywhere else.
      He wondered if his boss even knew how to spell "happy".

Moodboard:
      Image Image
      Image Image
      Image Image

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Sorry about the wait on this, guys. This was actually quite difficult to judge. The two completed forms both really stood out to me and I even had to get a second opinion before announcing this aaaaaaaaaa

Gleon, I really liked the information you provided in your form! You wrote quite a bit and I enjoyed the character development! I'd like to award you with two stubs!

tenlittlesoldierboys, congratulations on your win! Both myself and the other person I asked to help really enjoyed how you answered the prompt itself. I really like the character you created, and I couldn't help but to laugh each time I read over your form <3

thank you both for entering this competition!! <3333

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks so much for the stubs, james.! I had a lot of fun creating a character that was a little different from my usual direction(s), so I might re-use some of those ideas later on.

Super big congrats to you, Ten! This is a really cool design and you totally deserve it. Enjoy!
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰【 Tordier 】▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

Maned Wolf ] Ringtail ] INFJ ] Neutral Good ] Type 5
Adult ] Atheist ] Anxious ] Depressed ] Dog Dad ] He/They

Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me