Viscet #2472 by milo.

Based on Click to view
Artist milo. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2472

Postby milo. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:13 am

i had a lot of fun with this one, and immediately knew what i was going to do with the design! the bark/wood texture came out better than i could have asked for tbh and in order to do this texture (for those doing art) it's two layers of overlay (one black, and one white) wherein the white layer is shifted just slightly on top of the black layer. opacity at 40%

i was gonna add lil flowers and grass strands, but it looked too busy and i thought perhaps you'd all like to share your item ideas instead!

competition wrote:for this competition, i'd like to see what items this lil wooden doll has with it! you have 2k words to work with for your entire form, and the option of 3 art pieces. the art can be of the viscet, or the items themselves, i'm not concerned either way. i'll mainly be looking for character development surrounding these items, and whether or not the items make sense with the character you're building

the end date will be MAY 11TH, and extensions will be considered of course, but i will only do a maximum of 2 ( mainly because i'll be with james. starting May 15th )

username: tenlittlesoldierboys
      name: Aibak
      gender for breeding purposes: male

— BE KIND!! i can't stress this enough. DO NOT be passive aggressive. DO NOT guilt anyone after the competition should you not get your desired result. it's unfair to those who are excited about their own wins, and if i do see it, consequences will be had.

— i'll be meeting up with james. come May 15th, you must be patient with me when it comes down to judging. i'll do my best to get it done in a timely manner, but you must remember that real life comes first. i do not appreciate bumping. please DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD WHEN IT HAS CLOSED.

— i'm willing to offer at least two extensions, but remember the competition will not be open to new entries a week before the end date. if you ask for an extension, and all you have down is a 'mark', i will not accept it. if you ask within 24 hrs of the end date, i will not accept it. please keep this all in mind if you find you may need an extension. i am not responsible for your time management, so please keep on top of your own forms.

doll - event rare
Last edited by milo. on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2472

Postby magpiemochi. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 am

MARKKKKKKK

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:13 am

username:
      tenlittlesoldierboys
    name:
      Aibak
    gender for breeding purposes:
      male

items:
      Aibak wears a keychain around their neck, the key attached to it gives him access to the cellars, that lie beneath the huge willow tree, which stands right next to Willow's hut. The chain is of dark copper, just like the key itself, which handle depicts a skull. Furthermore, Aibak can always be seen to carry around a walking cane, that rather looks like a wizard's staff. It is made out of dark wood and quite pointy on the lower end and a spiral on the upper end. Within the spiral is a round glass vial, that includes some sort of fluid, as green as Aibak's mane, that glows by night.
      Aibak is also always covered in loads of flowers, this also includes his cane. Some of these flowers are dried and some of them are fresh - some even seem to grow from Aibak himself. They are all of various sorts, but what they all have in common is, that they have a strong scent.

items use:
      As already mentioned, the key gives Aibak access to Willow's cellars. In there, Willow stores his most hideous creatures - creations, dolls and puppets, that went wrong. Aibak has to take care of these creatures, the walking cane however helps them, to keep the creatures at distance from them and especially Willow, when they try getting too close. The fluid in the vial gives off a strong but pleasant scent - together with the flowers, that are decorating Aibak themselves as well as the staff, the smell is supposed to overlay the horrible scent that comes from the cellar and the creatures themselves. Aibak does not have any sense of smell, since they are a mere living doll made out of wood, thus the flowers work more in Willow's favor, should he be to accompany them.

basics:
      Aibak is the soul of a Viscet that has been trapped into a giant wooden doll. They have not always been that way, indeed they used to be a regular male Viscet, living around the time of WWI. Back then, his name used to be Theo and he was a soldier. A soldier true to his country, willing to protect it with his very life. The only mistake Theo ever made, was to get shot and while in search for help, he came across Willow's hut. The dollmaker, of course, never had any intentions in nursing the wounded soldier back to health; instead, for him, the guy appeared just at the right time. Willow had just finished the creation of a life-sized wooden doll and the dying soldier provided just the last piece he needed: his soul.
      When the wooden creature awoke, Theo was not anymore. Instead, Willow gave them a simple name: Aibak - slave. From a soldier, a slave to his country, to a living puppet, a slave to Willow. Aibak has no memories of their past life or their past self, the dollmaker knew just what to do, in order to break their spirit.
      They still are a fighter in nature and appear to be a very feral creature. They do not think much for themselves, all they do is to obey Willow's commands. They do not speak for themselves either, although they are very talkactive. But should one happen to be around Aibak for a while, it is soon obvious, that anything they say, is a mere echo of what Willow once said - as Willow is mute, Aibak is once of his thousand voices, speaking for his master, when he can not.
      They only ever leave Willow's side, when they are commanded to and when they have to take care of the monsters in the cellar. At night, they can be found watching over the grounds and attacking every possible intruder. Most townspeople that live in any way close to Willow do believe, that Aibak is some sort of a robotic creature. Of course they do... because, let's be honest. Who would even dare to think, that this mindless slave once used to be like them?

story:
      I think I have been shot. Or worse. Maybe it was a landmine. I don't know.
      But I know one thing: I am dying. But I am not giving up yet.
      Maybe I can find help. Maybe. Perhaps. I hope. There is hope. Is there hope?
      I have come across a town, but nobody would let me in. I am one of them. Am I?
      They seem to be afraid. But why? I need help. I am dying. "I am dying."
      "I know." I look around. Has somebody else spoken? Or am I going mad.
      It didn't sound like just one voice, either. Rather like hundreds or even thousands.
      I guess this is just prove. For my mortality, you know? Perhaps the dead are talking. Welcoming me.
      I have reached the end of the town, expecting a cemetary. The perfect place to die, I guess.
      But what I see instead, is a hut, next to a huge tree. Did I find help or did I find misery?
      A figure getting closer, I reach out for it. I feel a soft embrace. "Help me." I whisper.
      "Of course." But I don't feel save. A shiver runs down my spine. If I could have, I would've ran. Away.
      But instead, the whispering figure with the thousand voices drags me towards the tree.
      Thousand eyes upon me. A sharp pain in my chest. Sweet whispers and promises in my ear. Darkness.
      This is the last thing I remember of myself. Of whom? Who was I? Who am I?

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

His eyes. Blood red. Resting.
      His smile. Mischievious. Snarling.
      His touch burns like fire and freezes like ice.
      The creature rises. Slowly. And looks at him. All it sees is him. All it hears is him.
      Master. Slave.
      Aibak. He whispers inside it's head. Still smiling. A paw resting on the creature's shoulder.
      "Aibak." The creature echoes. The word manifesting in its simple mind. It's the first word they ever learned.
      Aibak. Their name and their destiny. "Aibak." They say again, growling. It sounds good.
      The master grins. He looks satisfied. His work is done and he has succeeded.
      He leaves the chambers, the creature right behind him. Like a shadow. Like an echo.
      It keeps repeating its own name, whispering it, gnarling it, growling it. The eyes fixed on their master.
      The creature does not think, but it knows. It knows to serve and to protect.
      The master does not say a word, but he does not have to. The creature knows anyway.
      When they are commanded to stand still, they do so. Waiting for their master's return.
      Curiously, they look at the staff, that is put in their hands. It is wood, just like them.
      The creature shows particular interest in the flowers. It nods. Their master does not need to tell. They know.
      Next, they take the keychain, leaving it tangling from their neck. A short glance to the heavy iron door.
      Then they step towards it. Open it. Step inside. They find themselves surrounded by monsters.
      They don't mind. The staff keeps them away. They greet the monsters with a smile.
      "They are my children." The master had said that. Aibak repeats it. They don't understand, but they know.
      They wander down the tunnel, hands reaching out for them. Voices calling and crying.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

At night they gaze at the moon. Their ears flicker as they hear a distant howl.
      A wolf, perhaps? No, not a wolf. The monsters. They know. They smile.
      "Protect." They growl. "Protect the children." Their head moves towards the distant sound of footsteps.
      The next day, the monsters are quiet. They have been fed.
      "Nightly visitors are always welcome." Aibak growls. Their master's words.
      They pluck another flower and put it behind their ear.
      "Visitors are always welcome." They seem to smile, as a daily visitor steps towards the hut.
      No need to step in now, they know. Their master will take care of them.
Last edited by tenlittlesoldierboys on Tue May 22, 2018 12:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Dat wood effect ;-;
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kydashing » Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 am

What awesome effects, so cool!!~
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░

══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══
L I N K S ::
[My Trello/Art progress]
[My DA]+[My Viscets]

B L U R P S ::
Thank you tenlittlesoldierboys
For your help with my
signature!
All rights go to Warner Bros.
+ J.K. Rowling
PFQ! Click Here For MEH?
══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══

░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
Kydashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Fri May 11, 2018 3:56 am

one day warning
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Fri May 11, 2018 3:51 pm

i'm gonna extend this to the 21st but i can't promise it'll be judged right away as i don't come back from vacation until the 31st
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ABeardedDragon » Sat May 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Username: ABeardedDragon
Name: Firth
Gender for breeding purposes: Male
Items:
An ivy vine wrapped around his left arm, the leaves are a dull frosted green colour with silver edges.
The vine connects him to the nature guardian, Anise, and allows him to draw strength from her powers. It protects him from corruption, a disease that spreads through rifts from another dimension that enables Nekros, the ruling dragon of death, to devour souls.

Firth remembers the pitch black. Nothing before. The light fades in as his eyes open, leaves swirling and fluttering to the ground around him. Before him stand two small creatures, similar to himself. Deep red crystals cover the smallest one, their glow slowly disappearing. In awe, the brown one stands still. Firth tries to push himself up. A brief glance above the endless treetops at the blue sky is all he can manage. Crashing to the floor, the small figures stagger backwards. As he struggles to stand, the brown one dashes towards him and throws an ivy vine over his neck. He thrashes. A green dragon darts out of the treelines, biting the end of the vine. Claws dig into Firth's left arm as the beast tries to hold on, working with the small brown viscet to tighten the vine around his arm. A final pull, a shock races down his body. His cry scatters flocks of birds. The viscet beneath him is huddled up, gripping a vine on her own arm, perhaps feeling the same pain he does. The forest falls silent. A wave of calm washes over him. Firth wearily lifts his head to see the brown viscet looking up at him.
"Hey buddy," she says.
Firth grumbles.
"Sorry about that," she whispers, "I'm Anise, I need your help."
The giant viscet stares before smacking his hefty tail into the dirt.
"I won't hurt you anymore," Anise pulls herself to his paw, "it's hard to explain, but I need you to guard this tree for me."

Months had passed. The day had finally come. In front of him stood a burning orange viscet, circling Anise.
"You're a disgrace, Anise," she hissed, "how can you give up your guardian duties for him?"
"Alduin does not stop me doing anything," the brown viscet snarled.
"He gets in the way," Cora snapped, "I'll burn this damn tree down, you don't belong with us."
The orange cet raised her hand. Firth smacked his giant tail down on the earth, sweeping the firery cet away. He felt hot fire across his skin. Then sudden cold. His world was full of inky blackness. Rage rushed through him and he blindly swiped at those beneath him.
"Cora," Anise shouted, "somethings wrong, a rift nearby I think. He's not supposed to act like this."
He couldn't hear much else, eventually, silence. Firth crashed through the forest. For how long, he doesn't know. But he felt his rage fade away as the world became clear again. Exhausted, he fell asleep. When he awoke, Anise was by his side.
"There's bad things out there, cold and dark," she whispered, "that was corruption, you're safe now."
Darkness. Was he bad?

A blowing horn with an inky black tip that fades into white, bearing a faint golden marble pattern. A black leather strap keeps it resting over his shoulder.
Used as a warning that scares wildlife and all but the bravest souls away from danger of all kinds. Unable to do much to stop danger himself, the warning calls for Anise; in the meantime, Firth tries to defend for as long as possible.

Firth felt the familiar cold run through him, in a way it was thick like tar. He stood as tall as he could, calling out across the trees. His steps were heavy, shaking the ground so that others would run. Unsure of where the rift was, he wanders to where it felt more powerful. By now he had learnt how to control himself, reducing the effects corruption had on him. He was close. Lifting his horn, he blew through it, making a deep call. Waiting. The three guardians and their dragons were soon soaring overhead. He watches as the land around him goes up in Cora's flames. Perhaps not the best way, but it seemed like the only option. Everything seemed to spiral out of control when the embers hit the dense forest. Firth used his horn to call once more, sharper this time. With large strides he tried to chase anything still alive away from the raging fire, towards the shore. He lays down, then glances between the crowd and his back, wanting the creatures to climb on him. Slowly, he stands up. He wades into the ocean, standing in the cold, shallow sea between islands. He stares out into the endless blue. Feeling the shaking creatures on his back, and their loud sobbing, Firth turns to look at the island, engulfed in flames.

Personality:
Firth is a rather simple being. He doesn't know much about the world, nor does he have the knowledge to question; but he can think about some things others would find obvious, like why grass is green. Sometimes he gets upset that the world doesn't make too much sense to him. He struggles with reading the intentions and emotions of others, being oblivious to lies and tones of voice like sarcasm. However, he does have a grasp on body language. Incredibly playful though he doesn't realise he's dangerously too large for running around. Often feels lonely as he doesn't know many his size. Other times, he spends a lot of time resting or trying to watch average sized creatures, much like a normal viscet watching bugs. He has a desire to explore but is bound to the tree. Sometimes he thinks about how confined he is and takes his anger out on the nature around him. Firth does not fear much, nothing is big enough to challenge him; though he worries about forces larger than himself like death.

Relationships:
Anise
His favourite person in the world, probably the only one who really knows him. Firth sees her as a mother, with her kind words he doesn't always understand. Nothing matters more to him than her, after all, his purpose is to protect her and the great tree. Far too overprotective for his own good, Firth is ready to bring harm to those he sees as a threat to her safety, even if they don't have bad intentions.

Alduin
Firth doesn't like him. To him, Alduin is a threat to the tree and will readily attack him when he gets too close. He used to attack Alduin when he was near Anise but she has taught him to no longer do this. Firth gives Alduin the cold shoulder, and is quick to let him know when to back off. As such, Alduin has stopped trying to earn his trust and the two just try to avoid each other.

Sage
The only creature he knows that's even remotely similar to his size, Sage is his ideal companion when Anise isn't around. He's incredibly close to Sage as he's the only one he can play with, without hurting anyone. Firth loves to race this dragon, wishing he could fly. Occasionally they spar as practice. With both being able to see a wide view of the world, the pair love to play 'I spy'. Sage has a mate, but hasn't cared to introduce her to Firth; in fact, he worries that the viscet will attack her.
1243/2000
Last edited by ABeardedDragon on Tue May 22, 2018 5:28 am, edited 10 times in total.
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am

Gadgetrocks/Romeo/Male
"Cursed."

Silver Arm Cuffs
"I can't take them off. No matter how hard I try, they are a part of me now."
Romeo's cuffs are part of his curse. The witch put them on him, binding him to his new life. "They stay on my paws, ever since that fateful day. If I could remove them, maybe this curse would end. Maybe not."

The Iron Spiral necklace
"I had a life before my curse. A pretty good one,
in fact. This was from my little sister, before I left on my rite. I never take it off." Romeo's sister was worried about her brother, thinking he'd get hurt. She bought this necklace for him, an iron spiral, a symbol of strength.

My Scarf
"Where your made out of wood, creaking and frozen joints are the worst, especially in the neck.
So I just bought a scarf!"

" My stories infinite"
"I'm- I'm s-so sorry!" I stumbled back for the grey 'cet who now loomed over me, her teeth sharp and her eyes glowing a sickly yellow.
"I didn't m-mean to trespass,just, your door was up, and I just had slid down that hill, and just slide inside, I-I'll be leaving now."
"No." She raised one of her paws, green magic coming from the jewel around her neck, steaming all around her, covering her paw in a green haze."No. You won't be going. Not yet." I adjusted my necklace nervously, I'd never seen a viscet like this before.
"But You'll be gone soon." She blasted the green magic at me, strikes of pain hitting my body. Once in my ear, twice in my muzzle, three in my neck, and multiple slices, stinging my tail. I collapsed to the ground in agony, and the world faded to black.

I woke up, whole body aching, in a tree. Yes, I was in a tree. A pretty high pine tree, actually, and I had no idea how I got up there. I slowly shimmied down, my body feeling more sore, more odd then usual. I only realized was was wrong when I got down. Two silver cuffs, ingraved with some type of rune, decorated my arms. I brushed the sour fur near these cuffs, only to find my fur felt short, as is cut, and fuzzier, like the soft hairs that cover a peach, rubbing my odd fur something more alarming was brought to my attention, under my fur, where I should have touched skin - was wood. Solid, pine wood. I panicked, nearly clawing out my mane, which felt odd also, stiffer, softer, like yarn.

"Make a little bird house in your soul"
Personality
Paranoid: Wouldn't you be slightly paranoid if you incidently fell into someone's house, then they magicly cursed you to turn into a doll? I would.
Charming: Yep, Romeo's a charming little bugger, being funny and charismatic is talent. Even looking a little creepy with all the different doll parts of his body, he's still pretty darn handsome

2k wc + 3 art pieces
Credits:
All art is credited unless created by me.
Divider lyrics- Birdhouse in your Soul - They Might be Giants
Image deviders from here.

Ideas:
Was traveling
Got cursed by a witch
WANDERS around trying to reverse it
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 pm

wooo boy, this was actually a very difficult decision. i had to get some help judging this. i'd like to first off apologise for taking so long! i've been very busy with work/life lately, and it kind of bit me in the booty before i could figure out a game plan! but i'm back, and (hopefully!) on a roll!

firstly, i would like to award Gadgetrocks with x1 stub! i really enjoyed what i had to read about Romeo, and would have loved to read more!

second, i would like to offer an RU to ABeardedDragon !! i REALLY enjoyed how you built stories around your items, and i found myself wanting to read more in regards to that set-up! with this RU, i'd like to give you the option of one rare and one uncommon trait! if you choose to accept this RU, please PM me with a spring time theme, a colour palette, and your chosen traits!

thank you for participating!!

lastly, i would like to announce tenlittlesoldierboys as the winner! Aibak is all sorts of wonderful, and i can't wait to read/see more as you develop them! let me know if you'd like for me to add their items to the ref! regardless, you will be added to the lines momentarily, so feel free to (of course!) add them yourself if you wish!

thanks again, everyone! i really love to see all the effort and development that goes into all these forms!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me