Based on Click to view
Artist Calix [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Celestial Dragon - #143 - buenas noches

Postby Calix » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:08 pm

What is a Celestial Dragon?
Celestial Dragons(CDs) are a small breed of dragon, closely related to Fu Dogs. They have a silky, ethereal mane that swirls and shines like a galaxy. They vary in size from a small fox to a large dog, and are covered in a thin coat of soft fur. Their pupils are star shaped, and every CD has a star marking in their coat or mane. Please make sure to read the species rules before trying out!

good night

this is a special dragon! they have minor dream controlling powers, and can cause dragons to become drowsy or even fall asleep. from there, they can influence their dreams.
this dragon never opens their eyes. the shapes and patterns on their fur constantly flow and change with the moon cycles. their eyes, markings, and shawl glow.
tell me a story about this dragon. perhaps you can tell me about a dream they've influenced and crafted; or a nightmare? maybe you can tell me the legend of how this dragon came to be, or where their powers come from. this is all up to you; be creative.

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]username;[/b]
[b]cd name;[/b]
[b]cd gender and orientation;[/b] (read species rules!)
[b]tell me a story;[/b][/size][/center]
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Celestial Dragon - #143 - buenas noches

Postby Cutieduckpie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Res, it's beautiful <3

username; Cutieduckpie
cd name;
cd gender and orientation; (read species rules!)
tell me a story;
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:18 pm

username; MaximumWildlife
cd name; The Dreamer
cd gender and orientation; agender (born female but becomes a male-like figure), asexual
tell me a story;

I had dreams. They were always there, every night, waiting for me. As a child I was in constant fear, I didn’t know the difference between night and day. The dreams - if you would even call them as such - were everywhere, eventually even in my waking days. I couldn’t even blink, as every shadow formed into my nightmares. I eventually couldn’t leave our home, I couldn’t talk to anyone, I was condemned to constant fear and agony.

We moved deep into the forest, an old abandoned cabin was where we went. It always smelled of the wild, which did not calm me at all. The birds chirped more often than before, telling me things. Telling me what to do. I couldn’t stand it. Often I’d sprint into the outside world late at night, seeing shadows - my nightmares in waking times - crawl up trees in my peripheral vision.

There was a specific place I remember running to, a pond. There were great trees surrounding it, some with double the shadows and others with none. It was beautiful, dark figures swam deep in the waters and the moon shone on the glistening surface. I always slept here, my actual bed left cold and unoccupied every night.

My new bed of moss was soft, and warm. I felt safe for once, even if surrounded by shadowed figures. My dreams left me when I slept here, it was like a safe haven. For once I managed to sleep in peace, though I’d always need to run back home before my parents noticed that I was gone.

The very second I step into our plot of land however, I felt unsafe. Although I hated being there, I never thought I would leave it for good.

There was one specific day I remember, I couldn’t sleep at all. I had been grounded since my parents found out that I ran away every night. I must say, that was not a good idea on their part. The bed just didn’t feel right. I tossed and turned but I couldn’t get the shadows to leave or the voices, which had taken root in my brain by then, to stop chirping. I was going insane. I knew I had to leave.

I ran against the only window in my room, breathing hard. Taking the nearest object, I smashed the glass and leapt. I didn’t even look back as I once again ran to my safe haven.

But my safe haven had changed.

The sheer shock I had stopped me in my tracks. All the trees were shadowed, and the pond was dull. My insanity was growing. It seemed as if all the trees were reaching towards me. The water was calling out. I jumped into the pond.

Whether this was a mistake or not is not your decision.

I will not say what happened in that pond, I will never speak a word of it. I am bound by so many things, and I wouldn’t dare go against Them.

What I can say however, is I emerged new. It had been years, I was an adult now, my parents probably had another child to make up for the loss of me, and the forest was deserted. The shadows, dreams brought to life, were everywhere. I couldn’t stand it. I screamed the most blood-curtling screech that one would ever hear as I fell roughly onto the ground below me.

The second I closed my eyes, the voices stopped. You may see me now with closed eyes. I do have them, but the only way to keep me sane is to keep them hidden.

To be continued..?
Last edited by Soarora on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image .-|Image |-.Image
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dannieshadow » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
username;
Dannieshadow
cd name;
Yume
cd gender and orientation;
agender/asexual - she/her pronouns.
tell me a story;
It is the earliest part of her life that Yume cannot quite recall other than it was a time of pure simplicity. She was quite young when she led out this first chapter of her long journey and part of her wishes she could still go back to those days… The days where nothing was asked of her other than the tasks her parents had given her, easy ones to help her learn responsibility. Those are the memories she holds closest to her but they are also the memories she perhaps wishes she could most be rid of. They remind her of a time where life was actually good. Had she known how quickly this part of her life would snuff out like the flame of a candle in rain… She would have never taken it for granted.
The next phase of her life was when her loving home and simple lifestyle were taken from her. When she was just about to blossom from a gawky child into a beautiful adult all thanks to the scientist who ruined her life. He took her to a very secluded area where he was already prepared for the torture, the experiments, he always wanted to do on another living being. It was here he set about making Yume into the perfect tool to use in evil schemes he had been dreaming of as a wee lad. Eventually he grew weary of all the failures he was achieving with her and decided it was time to discard the evidence of what he had been attempting to do in the secluded lair.
Little did the scientist know Yume had acquired new skills underneath his torture, skills she had been honing since the fourth, or perhaps it was the fifth, experiment he had done on her. He thought they all failed, he thought his dreams would only be that: dreams. That is… Until Yume manipulated his into horrible nightmares one night and escaped.
From that day on she honed her powers to use them to sew the pieces of her crumbled life back together. However, still to this day she was never very clear as to why he chose her out of all the others available to him. It nags at her mind every now and again with another tiny, free-floating thought: maybe, just maybe, she owes him a little bit of credit for her powers and how good her life is now because of them.

ImageImage
dangling star divider found here
rainbow star divider found here
Last edited by Dannieshadow on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dannieshadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:42 am

𝒩𝒶𝒸𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓈𝒶
Female || Homosexual
||Form by: BuddyMlatese||

xxxxxxx"Wake up Nacrissa, we have to go!" The young Celestial Dragon's mother was frantically trying to shake her daughter awake.
      xxxxxxx"Momma?" She mused, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes, "What's wrong momma? It's still night-"
      xxxxxxx"The village is coming, Nacrissa! They know! We can't stay here any longer!"
      xxxxxxx"But I didn't visit anyone's dream momma, why would they-"
      xxxxxxx"They think you're a witch! They're coming now to..." Her mother's voice trailed off as she looked down and closed her eyes. Opening them again, she looked at her daughter and smiled. "I've packed your things sweetie. We'll find a nice little town again, one that you'll love, I promise!" She leaned down and kissed Nacrissa's forehead.
      xxxxxxx"Why do they think I'm a witch?" The young girl's voice trembled as she spoke, as it often did when she was close to tears.
      xxxxxxx"They don't understand us, honey. They're afraid of anything that's different."
      xxxxxxxTheir conversation was interrupted by a loud knock at the door.
      xxxxxxx"Open up witch! We know you're there!" The noise of at least a dozen angry villagers could be heard just outside of their small cottage.
      xxxxxxx"We have to go now!" Nacrissa's mother wrapped her in her shawl, scooped her up in her arms, and settled her daughter on her back. Taking the back exit, she ran outside to a wagon that was filled with food and what few possessions they had. Setting Nacrissa down on one of the open seats, her mother harnessed herself in as one might with a horse and took off down the dirt path into the safety of the darkness.
      • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

xxxxxxx"Nacrissa...Nacrissa!"
      xxxxxxxNacrissa sat bolt upright in her bed and her eyes darted around the room, not necessarily looking for anything in particular. She was so startled that she did not even realize how heavy she was breathing.
      xxxxxxx"You were crying out in your sleep again," spoke the same voice.
      xxxxxxx"Oh, Jet. By the stars I thought you were someone else." She let out a heavy sight and fell back down onto the pillows with her paws covering her face.
      xxxxxxx"Were you dreaming about her again?"
      xxxxxxx"Yes. The night it happened."
      xxxxxxx"I think you should go out and get some fresh air. I believe Alabaster is down by the pond."
      xxxxxxx"Yes...yes that sounds nice. Thank you, Jet." Nacrissa got up from her bed and pulled her shawl around her.

xxxxxxx"Ah, Nacrissa. I was wondering when you'd arrive." The elderly white dragon known as Alabaster was standing by a pond lined with stone, holding his wooden staff with his tail.
        xxxxxxx"Were you in my dreams again, Alb?" Nacrissa walked over and sat beside him, setting her gaze on the ripples of the water.
        xxxxxxx"I may have grown curious."
        xxxxxxx"I miss her."
        xxxxxxx"I know, young one. I thank the stars every day that we managed to find and protect you, though. We Dreamspinners grow fewer in numbers each year."
        xxxxxxx"Perhaps I'm young relative to you," she laughed.
        xxxxxxx"Most are," he chuckled, his mood suddenly becoming brighter.
        xxxxxxx"You know, she told me about this place. She tried to make it clear to lil-baby-me that it was pure fantasy. Sometimes I still can't believe I'm here, where it all started, the original home of the Dreamspinners."
        xxxxxxx"It's the only place where we're guaranteed safety. There's still more of us out there to be found, though. Many of them end up..."
        "...like my mother."
        "Yes," he sighed, "like her."
        "It's my fault, too. She had her powers controlled, but I-"
        "You were young. A child. It happens to nearly all of us at that age. We don't know how to control it, especially when we're asleep, and before we know it we've put half a village of mortals to sleep and inadvertently reveal secrets to them in those dreams that they were never meant to see. It's all you can do now to better yourself in your mother's name and help us achieve a world of peace.

xxxxxxxAnd so she did. For the next decade, Nacrissa trained with her fellow Dreamspinners in the arts of dream manipulation and physical combat. During her time there, three more dragons like herself had been brought into the sanctuary, and two of them were assigned to her as shadows. As their mentor, Nacrissa passed down the knowledge that had been taught to her; how to survive in the wild, how to keep yourself hidden, how to control your abilities, and how to prepare medicines using wild plants.

xxxxxxxHaving become so impressed with her performance, Alabaster granted her the title of Head of Missions. Now Nacrissa was given the responsibility of directing and carrying out rescue missions. Under her guidance, more dragons were being rescued than the sanctuary had ever seen. The memory of her mother and that night in the village pushed her to improve herself with each mission. Every night the scene replayed itself in her mind. Every night she relived the memory of the arrow hitting the wagon wheel and her being launched out of her seat and into the bushes. Every night she heard, once more, the cries of her mother as the villagers advanced, which grew muffled as the world around her began to turn dark. And every night, she again saw the face of Alabaster and his legion of rescuers as he picked her up and whispered words of comfort.

xxxxxxxOne morning when the memory was continuing to replay itself in her mind as it usually did, Nacrissa was awoken by the sound of someone slamming open her door and running to her bed. It was one of the dragons she was mentoring, and the look on their face was one of complete and utter shock.
        xxxxxxx"Nacrissa, Alabaster wants to see you in the central building immediately."
        xxxxxxxShe felt like her heart had dropped to her stomach, and if she wasn't covered in fur, her face would have been as white as Alabaster himself. Nacrissa jumped out of bed, threw on her shawl, and ran outside and up the stairs to the central building. She lifted her right paw and pushed open the large marble doors, and saw Alabaster and another dragon standing at the far end.
        xxxxxxx"Nacrissa, please, come forth," spoke the elderly dragon.
        xxxxxxxCautiously she made her way over, not being able to quite make out the features of the newcomer yet. The only thing she could discern about them was that they seemed to be completely stiff with their gaze set intently on her. And...was that a tear? Were they crying? As she got closer, the realization dawned on her.
        xxxxxxx"Nacrissa," Alabaster spoke again, only this time his voice was now cracking, "she's here...she didn't...we found her...your..."
        xxxxxxx"Momma!" she cried out, "Momma! By the stars!" Breaking into a sprint, Nacrissa ran towards her mother and they held each other in a warm embrace for what felt like eons. Neither could speak any words as they were both sobbing into the other's fur.
        xxxxxxxFinally, after having cried all their tears, they broke away from their hug and looked into each other's eyes.
        xxxxxxx"How?" whispered Nacrissa, "How did you do it?"
        xxxxxxx"I put them all to sleep. The whole village," her mother whispered back, lifting her paw and setting it gently on her daughter's cheek.
        xxxxxxx"But how is that possible? There were so many of them, you..."
        xxxxxxx"I loved you, Nacrissa. The only thing I could thing about was my love for you and protecting you from them. It knocked me out cold for three days and when I woke up, I was lost in the woods."
        xxxxxxx"One of our educators found her in the market of the nearest village," Alabaster said, evidently not sure whether he should have interrupted their conversation, "and thought she was you. When she, the educator, told me, I had my suspicions but I didn't allow myself to get too excited as the likelihood was not high."
        xxxxxxx"I never stopped searching for you," her mother spoke, "Even when my age began to catch up to me and I was forced to settle down in the village, I still employed others to go out and look for you."
        xxxxxxx"Momma, can you believe it's real? The sanctuary?"
        xxxxxxx"Hardly, my mother told me it was just a fairy tale." As she spoke, she looked around the building they were in, and out of the large windows lining the walls, and could not help but smile even wider.
        xxxxxxx"And now we can live here," Nacrissa added, "together."
        xxxxxxx"Just as we should have been for all these years."

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firnenfire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 am

username; Firnenfire
cd name;
cd gender and orientation; Pansexual Female, uses they/them pronouns
tell me a story;

Oof heckin mark
Still Alive
More active on Flight Rising.
Gifting as many people as I can <3
Dom/Firnen ImageImageImage +1 CS time
ImageImageImageImageImage
I do commissions for CS pets, FR currency, and IRL currency!
FR {} TH {} IG {} R20
ImageImage
Firnenfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hounder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:35 pm

username; bear?
cd name; zephyr
cd gender and orientation; non-binary (no pronoun preference)
tell me a story;

people always wish for 'superpowers', things like levitation or invisibility. but dream control? don't hear that one too often. wip //
·ᴥ· its you and its actually the me
·ᴥ· guide index : wip trade guide
·ᴥ·Sponsored by BrainFluud
·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· ·ᴥ· fair trade thread
·ᴥ· taxidermy of me you its not
hounder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calix » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 am

This was exceedingly tough to choose, but the form I kept coming back to was BuddyMlatese's! Your story really blew me away.

Dannieshadow and MaximumWildlife each get a star token for their beautiful forms as well! Thank you for all the lovely entries!
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it!
    Thank you so much! I love her very very much and am even hoping to write up a revised version of her story with more flow and character development <33 (I would've done that initially but school was occupying most of my time!)
    Congrats to Dannie and Maximum as well!
x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me