Soul Sprite #26 (Ended, winner up) by Lillekatt

Based on Click to view
Artist Lillekatt [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Soul Sprite #26 (Ended, winner up)

Postby Lillekatt » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am

What is a Soul Sprite? wrote:Endless members of youth, Soul sprites and their companions are bound forever and travel from life to life together. Living in a lifespan of nearly 100 years at a time, Soul sprites build their memories with their Bond. A Bond, is a creature, usually resembling an animal of some sort that is tied to the sprite and carries the burden of transferring their soul from place to place after death. Though they age to about 100 years they keep a youthful and young body, not aging the same as humans. As the guardian of the sprites soul, the Bond devotes its life and time to the given sprite. When a sprite reaches the age to which they no longer are able to live in their current body, their Bond will wait until they take their final breath, and will then transfer their soul to another body, or Host. Not always the case, but most commonly, a Bond will choose a host to be an unborn baby, and will wait and follow around the mother until the baby is born into the world. Bonds can only be seen by their sprites only. When a sprite is reborn they have no memory of any of their previous lives, and rebuild in the world fresh to recreate their journey once more. When a sprite is reborn they also take on traits and appearances similar to that of their Bond, and because of this they are often abandoned by parents or grow up in hectic environments. Because of this reason, a Bond sticks even more close to their sprite at their youngest age, to assure safety and health.

More info and rules can be found [here].

One of the first sprites I did, always forgot to post it though.
Ends on Saturday (11/2) at the same time as this was posted.
Extras are allowed, but no more than one.

[Plain picture]

Code: Select all
Sprite name:
Bond name:
Personalities:
Sprite and bond relationship:
Extra (optional): (no more than one!)
Last edited by Lillekatt on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Icon by sandei.
Sig art by -WanHeda-.
Lillekatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Soul Sprite #26

Postby koegami » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am

mark

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kamelgirl » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:32 am

sprite name: alex
    bond name: deianira
    personalities:

|| alex is the more relaxed of the two, though that's not saying much. she comes across as unfriendly or even intimidating to most people, due to her blasé attitude to disturbing things and apparent lack of emotion of any kind. despite this, she really does want friends, but her inability to grasp human social cues makes it difficult for her. alex rarely smiles for anyone but her bond, and deianira is, so far, the only one who has ever made her laugh.

alex was raised by deianira for most of her childhood, so she's had little to no experience with other people. when around anyone other than deia, she hovers been awkwardness and outright ignoring them. if approached, she will try to be pleasant, but her dismal attempts at small talk make it difficult. alex can be very insensitive at times and often speaks without thinking. she's always been a bit headstrong, but if she feels like she's being accused, she will dig in her heels and refuse to back down out of sheer stubbornness.

despite her hard exterior, alex does have a softer side. she loves dogs of all kinds (and cats too, much to deia's dismay), and music (mostly classical, due to deianira's influence, but she listens to modern pop as well). with friends, alex tends to be awkward at first while trying not to offend them (she has barely any friends as it is and she'd really rather not jeopardize that) but loosens up over time. in an young friendship, alex often seems a bit distant, even though she is actually trying not to smother them. once a friendship has been cemented, however, alex will never, ever leave her them.

|| deianira is the driving force behind the pair. she's stern, uptight, and a bit of a pessimist. she lives in the constant fear of everything going terribly, irreversibly wrong, and as a result is always very tense. she tends to be very suspicious of outsiders and often reprimands alex for 'fraternizing with the enemy', which amuses alex greatly. once an outsider has proved him- or herself in her eyes, deia will defend them fiercely, though her first loyalty will always be to alex.

deia is very devoted, both to alex and to what she believes is her duty- the hunting down of rogue supernatural creatures that harm humans. she and her sprite, in various forms, have been working to do this for centuries.

sprite and bond relationship:

when alex was born, her mother, a fierce opponent of anything supernatural, could not bear the idea of having given birth to her. unable to kill the child, she simply dropped alex off at a shelter and told her husband that their daughter had died in childbirth. deianira, who had stayed with alex the entire time, waiting until alex was able to eat solid food before leaving the shelter and raising alex on her own. due to the total lack of any human contact, alex grew up severely compromised in her ability to relate to other people. even though she knows it wasn't deianira's fault, she sometimes blames her bond for her inbality to make friends.

the relationship between the two resembles a mentor-student bond. deia adheres strictly to a let-kids-find-out-consequences-for-themselves method, but will always pull her sprite out of the fire if she thinks alex is in over her head. they are very close and get along without many serious fights (the most frequented topic is about alex's friends; alex wants to be friends with everyone and deia thinks no one is trustworthy). they don't often speak to each other out loud, instead preferring to communicate over their telepathic link. at this point, they're close enough to read each other's expressions without the need to speak.

extra: an awkward meeting

I hate killing unicorns, Alex grouses, shoving a branch out of her face with more force than necessary.

This unicorn likely killed other unicorns as well as humans, Deia points out logically.

Just let me whine, Alex sends back.

Her bond huffs in a dignified manner and picks up the pace, leaving Alex trailing behind. Alex doesn't really care, but she makes a face at Deia's back anyway.

A few more supernatural hot-spots checked and two false trails later, they're back on the path when Alex sees all the hair on Deia's back stand up. Alex doesn't freeze, but grabs the hunter's rifle slung across her back and grips it in her hands, ready for action. Nothing happens.

Deia? Alex asks over the link. Before Deia can respond, there's a small sneeze in the tree directly above her. Alex looks up and realizes that a long, skinny pair of legs are tangling down. She rotates the gun to point up.

"Oh, hello," says the kid after a moment of awkward silence. "Please don't shoot me." Next to Alex, Deia's lip is peeled back and she's all but snarling. Alex should probably be concerned about that, but right now her brain is still stuck on he has cat ears. And he does have them- white fluffy cat ears perched on a tangled mess of dark hair- with a fluffy white tail to match. She might laugh at his vaguely terrified expression if she weren't too busy being stunned herself.

Deia, what is this, Alex hisses.

He's a sprite, Deia says. A cat sprite. The last two words are said with a surprising amount of venom. If Deia was acting like this in any other situation, Alex would probably be shooting the kid first and ask questions later, but if it's just Deia's unexplained grudge against cats again...

The uncomfortable silence has grown to unmitigated levels by now. "So, uh," Alex begins, pointedly ignoring Deia's heated stare. "You're a cat sprite?"

He looks like he's clutching empty air for dear life, but really he's probably trying to keep his own bond from pouncing on Deia. "... yes. You're a wolf."

Alex nods. "I'm hunting a rogue unicorn," she adds unnecessarily, trying to keep the awkwardness at bay. "Have you seen any?"

He nods, apparently relieved to have a new subject. "Yes, we saw fresh blood and unicorn tracks over there," he replies, pointing at the woods. Internally, Alex sighs in relief; she might be able to get done with this before nightfall.

"You should probably head home," she says.

"We'll do that," he says. "Can you please point the gun somewhere else?"

Alex's gaze drops to the gun. "Right." The gun is tucked underneath her arm- no way is she running around without a ready weapon when a rogue unicorn is loose- and turns to go. Behind her, she hears "Wait!" and a soft thump on the ground. The kid is standing there, brushing leaves off his confused mass of hair like he hadn't just fallen ten feet.

"What's your name?" he asks, holding his hand out. "I'm Dante."

Alex stares at his hand, not understanding what he wants, and he drops it. "Alex," she introduces herself.

"Cool," he says, smiling brightly. "Machus and I come here a lot, so if you're in the area, maybe we can see each other again?"

She looks into his bright blue eyes and realizes that she really would like that. "Sure," she says. Deia growls beside her. Dante smiles again, blissfully ignorant of the furious wolf two feet away, and takes his leave.

As she watches him go, chattering eagerly to a bond she can't see, Deianira glares up at her with a steady, murderous gaze. Alex knows what she's mad about.

He's the only other sprite I've ever met, she transmits to Deia as they hit the trail once again. I couldn't just pretend we'd never met and move on.

He's a security risk, Deia transmits back, and immediately begins listing off all the reasons why Dante would be a horrible friend. Alex ignores her, like usual, and steps carefully over a fallen log. Deia hated all of her friends in the beginning, but she always warmed up eventually; Dante would be no different. In the meantime, Alex has a meetup to plan.
    Last edited by kamelgirl on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

i like cats
    rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
    kamelgirl

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Karmaloco » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Sprite name: Angelina
    Bond name: Bianca
    Personalities:
    Angelina;; She's sweet, passionate, affectionate, loyal, and dependable. She's the kind of person that you can always rely on.
    Bianca;; She's mothering, lovable, loyal, sassy, and honest. She is very defensive over every little detail that can keep Angelina safe.
    Angelina and Bianca's relationship is very sweet, it's more of a mother daughter relationship. Bianca will always put Angelina's well being over her own and is always there to support and be there for her. Angelina also in a way views Bianca as a second mother as well as loves and cherishes Bianca.
    Extra(Backstory):
    After her birth, her birth mother passed away. Leaving an infant Angelina with just her clueless father. It was only a few hours after her birth that her bond found her. The small infant looked to her bond and would coo lovingly and giggle. Bianca's heart skipped a beat for the love she had for this spirite, of course Bianca had over seen and heard what happened to the young Angelina's mother. As Angelina grew, so did their bond together with each other, being that her father never understood who Bianca was but chalked it up to her being an imaginary friend. Once Angelina made it into her teens her father started growing annoyed when she would mention what her and Bianca had done, "grow up" he'd say "you're too old". One day she had enough and ran far from home, Bianca always not even an inch behind her always asking if she was sure on what she was doing. Finally after she had been away from her father for a year things really looked up for the team, she was living in Alaska, with a part time job. To this day both Bianca and Angelina are happy with their warm little shake in Alaska, as long as Bianca can stay right on her heels.
    Last edited by Karmaloco on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Karmaloco

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Sprite name:
    Karoline.
    Bond name:
    Wynter.
    Personalities:
    Karoline;
    Wynter;
    Res w/ best friends.
    Extra (optional): (no more than one!)

- Kaori Miyazono.
    x

leah - college student - adult
    ven nilla bats racc star
    "like the ocean finds the shore,

xxxxxi'll always find you"
    recherché.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Pimmiros » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:20 am

Sprite Name:
    Eirlys (Means "snowdrop")
    Bond name:
    Poppy (Named after the arctic poppy)

Personalities:

Eirlys:
    Eirlys is a detective, living in the city of Kaantun, a snowy city located as north as you can live! She loves to meet new people and is the type to start conversations. Eirlys often deals with cases that has to do with poachers or the black market, so she is used to seeing violence and dealing with violent people. Eirlys is often motivated by her job and loves getting a new case, though sometimes, even she admits, it upsets her. She is very energetic, often high on caffeine. Eirlys cares greatly about justice and winning a case, she thinks that even if people get upset, the truth is more important than feelings. She is very tidy, her home and her office are very clean and everything has a place where it belongs! One thing Eirlys gets frustrated with is that she is a logical thinker, and doesn't often have creative or imaginative thoughts. Because of her job, Eirlys has found its more and more difficult to sympathize with people emotionally, especially when a case is involved.

Poppy:
    Poppy is new to being a bond and is not very old, this probably being his 2nd ever Sprite. Poppy is Eirlys's right hand man, one of the reasons she's such a good detective and no one really understand why. Poppy is her lead dog, often helping her sniff out tracks or other things! Poppy often worries about people's feelings, and is sometimes hurt when he sees people hurt, though it has rarely made him refuse to do his job. Poppy is more like a puppy than how he looks, often scattering dog toys around Eirlys's house. He loves to play! He enjoys the outdoors and is often outside in the cold snow even when not working.

Eirlys's and Poppy love each other very much, though they do get on each other's nerves a lot. Poppy often tries to steer Eirlys away from something she has to say because he thinks it will hurt the other person's feelings, though Eirlys hardly takes him into consideration. Poppy often annoys Eirlys with the mess of toys he often leaves around her house or office that she is forced to pick up. Eirlys is often there for Poppy when hes upset about a case or what she's said. Poppy often sleeps in Eirlys's bed and they love to cuddle on especially cold nights!

Extra (optional):
    Picture above! cx
    Drawn by x
    Last edited by Pimmiros on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Pimmiros

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 am

Mark
    ┌─────────────────────────┐