Teke #443 - Silver Grulla Pintaloosa by myk

Based on Click to view
Artist myk [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Teke #443 - Silver Grulla Pintaloosa

Postby myk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:52 am

Dia. wrote:Welcome to the teke apocalypse! Ideally, there will be a large number of Phaethon's Tekes available for adoption at one time. However, because of lack of planning and some unexpected road blocks, it may end up being a little less organized.
This does not change that there will be a mass adoption event like right now :D

Tell me how she became blind, her blindness will not pass down in genes because she wasn't born blind!
Ends: September 5th

Schainukan wrote:Owner: Schainukan
Name: Lyra
Height: 14.2 hh
Blindness: Everything was fine with her eyes, until 4 months ago, that is. The diagnosis is cataract. No one knows why Lyra got it in the first place, as it's something only old horses can get. The horrible thing she had to go through was lossing her eyesight more and more until she became fully blind while being aware of it week after week. It only started with seeing things slightly fuzzy, at times double then more unclear, almost as looking through fog. It worsen and the 'fog' only became thicker. In the end, Lyra couldn't see a thing, had a hard time to figure out her daily whereabouts. The mare had to learn everything from the begining, like a helpless little foal. Due to this shock, she grew very self-conscious of her blindess. If pointed out or shown pity for her, maybe even just dig too deep into her comfort zone, Lyra puts up a stubborn guard, getting awfully snappy. It's a cause of protecting her insecurity about not being able to see. She highly doesn't want to talk about it and it takes a lot of time connecting with her until she learns to trust you. She mainly uses body language to display her discomfort and other emotions instead of using her voice. However, her sense of hearing is pretty good. All in all, Lyra is just a slightly troubled young mare having trust issues, but being very well able to be friendly and sweet. Even if her stubborn and hot-headed, honest self likes to butt its way casually in as well.

Silver Grulla Pintaloosa - EE aa Dd Zz Oo LpLp
Small Black Dip
Last edited by myk on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴋᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴡsᴅs
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴛ
ɪᴄᴏɴ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏᴋ
sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴍʏᴋᴛᴀʀᴅ
myk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Teke #443 - Silver Grulla Pintaloosa

Postby Arkinhallow » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:24 am

marking ^^
x
x

I'm Arkin! ♪ they/them ♪ Adult
3D & 2D artist ♪ AEST ♪ Ravenclaw
All sig/profile art is by me!

useful links:
species I run:
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schainukan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Owner: Schainukan
Blindness: Everything was fine with her eyes, until 4 months ago, that is. The diagnosis is cataract. No one knows why Lyra got it in the first place, as it's something only old horses can get. The horrible thing she had to go through was lossing her eyesight more and more until she became fully blind while being aware of it week after week. It only started with seeing things slightly fuzzy, at times double then more unclear, almost as looking through fog. It worsen and the 'fog' only became thicker. In the end, Lyra couldn't see a thing, had a hard time to figure out her daily whereabouts. The mare had to learn everything from the begining, like a helpless little foal. Due to this shock, she grew very self-conscious of her blindess. If pointed out or shown pity for her, maybe even just dig too deep into her comfort zone, Lyra puts up a stubborn guard, getting awfully snappy. It's a cause of protecting her insecurity about not being able to see. She highly doesn't want to talk about it and it takes a lot of time connecting with her until she learns to trust you. She mainly uses body language to display her discomfort and other emotions instead of using her voice. However, her sense of hearing is pretty good. All in all, Lyra is just a slightly troubled young mare having trust issues, but being very well able to be friendly and sweet. Even if her stubborn and hot-headed, honest self likes to butt its way casually in as well.
Schainukan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:35 am

Schainukan wrote:Owner: Schainukan

congrats!
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴋᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴡsᴅs
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴛ
ɪᴄᴏɴ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏᴋ
sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴍʏᴋᴛᴀʀᴅ
myk

My pets