Redline for *Legendaryxx* by birdy-boots

Based on Click to view
Artist birdy-boots [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Redline for *Legendaryxx*

Postby birdy-boots » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:57 pm

The first and best piece of advice I can give you is to use references and to practice! If you're trying to draw a wolf with correct anatomy, using a picture of a wolf as a guide isn't "cheating". I do it all the time in my art!
      I've also had the ability to study taxidermy animals, which can be very helpful because they're typically anatomically correct, but they don't move. It's nice to draw from life. I've even gone to the zoo a few times to practice drawing animals! My anatomy here is not perfect so don't use this drawing as an anatomy reference!

The other advice I can give you is to make your drawings more dynamic. I didn't just draw a straight up profile of a wolf. I included all four legs and even turned the face slightly to show a bit of the other side. The head is something you can draw from a profile view, but typically you will be able to see all four limbs on any animal, at least to an extent. They will always be visible. Something else that can be helpful is the expression of the character. This includes not only the facial features, but also body parts that would show emotion, such as ears or a tail. Your wolf was smiling. Mine is looking rather seriously at something off the screen. Explore different expressions and have fun with it!

I always tell people that the best advice I can give is to keep practicing. I know every artist under the moon says that, but that's because it's true! You will get better with practice and as you study the world around you more and more!

Hope this helped! Keep drawing ♥
birdy-boots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me