Based on Click to view
Artist Bovidae [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the sun rises - #5 ~CONGRATULATIONS MANX~

Postby Bovidae » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:28 am

click for full size
The beast of the heavens has awoken; her realm is the sun and the skies.

A noble goddess, she stands for all that is light and true in the world and condemns darkness, cruelty and deceit. Her massive wings glimmer with the colors of the rainbow, and her antlers and hooves glow with the light of the sun. She is a warrior, adorned with armor that shines brightly in the light, but she only patronizes defensive war. She does not give her blessing to those who start wars. While she is kind, she will deliver harsh punishment to those who deserve it.
    As the sun goddess, she stays in her cloudy realm for most of her days. One of her duties is to lift the sun up in the mornings and set it in the evenings, a task she takes pride in. She is also charged as protector of all of the sky's creatures; she keeps careful watch over all things that fly. She is a goddess of oath, and many Deersserts will swear by the sun. She always hears these oaths, and she remembers; if a deer breaks a promise sworn in her name she will punish them accordingly.
    She has a close relationship with the deity of light, as light and sun are very hard to separate. They are often seen together in mythology.
    She will not mate nor breed, as she has no interest in pursuing romantic relationships. However, she will occasionally give her gifts to the most faithful of deer. If she is impressed by one's devotion, she may even grant them the gift of flight...
    Laurel, dogwood blooms and golden roses are often given to her as offerings to win her favor.

You can only win this goddess's loyalties by showing her how faithful your Deerssert(s) is (are) to serving the light. If you're a nonowner, you'll have to prove to her that you deserve to win her. This can be through any way you'd like - art, writing, whatever.
She and vintage rose's goddess of light are sisters, so if you so desire you can touch upon their relationship in either of the tryouts!
Appeasing this goddess is not an easy task, and only the most pure of heart and faithful will succeed. Good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS MANX
Last edited by Bovidae on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Bovidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Litter Deerssert #5

Postby wowzaitsme » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Ressy
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
wren | they/them | adult
currently I am...
researching: pre-Columbian Colombian ceramics
listening to: feminine people in metal
"We are, in actuality, students of that greater order known
as nature. It is into nature that man vanishes." -Loren Eiseley
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
wowzaitsme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinixe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:01 am

res

hi! i'm jinx.
i'm a undergraduate student double majoring in physics & computer science.
i enjoy reading and coding, & i spend most of my time with my ferret, faeline.
i'm currently doing astrophysics research at my university and am very busy!
please message me on discord if you need a more timely answer. jinixe#0505

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

asdfjk'l reserve

Postby duckworth » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 am

hi cx
duckworth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amberlilli » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:20 am

Res

╔══════════════════════════════╗
my kalons kalon adopts my viscets dd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗

ok

╚═════════════════════════╝

Amberlilli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the light rises - #5

Postby Bovidae » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:51 am

so this happened
Bovidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:52 am

chokes i'm not going to
Last edited by ophanimera on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bats // it/its // adult

formerly rainboxys
discord @ somnacanth
ophanimera everywhere else

commission TOS

ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solo. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:55 am

Reserve
Gorgeous omg
solo.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pep » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 am

breathes heavily
resresresres
pep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Sun Rises - Aureal, Goddess of the Sun and Truth

Postby Manakete » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 am

ImageImageImage

• ---- Nino ---- • ---- Inigo ---- • ---- Emmeryn ---- •

The three deer stood motionless in a meadow, looking up toward the blue sky flecked with puffy white clouds. The tall grasses swayed gently in the breeze, lapping at their legs. It was the perfect setting to pray to the Sun Goddess, Aureal.
"Nino, are we ready?" The blonde-haired female asked.
"Yes, I believe we are."
"Inigo, stand still." The blonde chided to her dark-haired son. He obeyed, taking the position of the other two silently.
"We three are here before you, Goddess Aureal, to show our supreme devotion to you, to show our utmost faithfulness to you and your name." Nino said, calling up to the Sun Goddess, praying she could hear them. "Among us, there are three; Nino, Inigo, and Emmeryn. I am Nino.
I am a belly dancer and have been a member of the Sunbeam Order since I was a teenager. I have followed your word faithfully, but not blindly, and have been spreading light everywhere I go."
"I am Inigo." Inigo said, timidly stepping forward. "I'm just a kid right now, but... I've been a member of the Sunbeam Order for a few weeks now. I'm not one of your most faithful servants yet... I'm too young. But I swear that I will be. I will follow your word and spread light with all my heart! I'll be devoted to you forever!"
"And I am Emmeryn. I, like Nino, am a belly dancer, but I also am a scarf dancer. I've been a member of the Sunbeam Order for about a year longer than Nino has. I have followed your word with my heart all my life. It has helped me very much along my journey. I have been spreading light to the best of my abilities, but I fear my efforts have been hindered by my social anxiety, and for that I apologize." Emm's voice quivered as she spoke.
"As a display of our faith, we will now recite the Oath of the Sunbeam Order." Nino said. Together, the three deer bowed in perfect unison.
"We are the sworn servants of Aureal, devoted to her wholely and with both our bodies and souls.
We pledge to spread light and truth wherever we go and to denounce and destroy darkness, cruelty, and deceit wherever it may lie through peaceful words and actions.
We promise to serve Aureal in this life and the next. We promise to never stray from the path of righteousness. We promise to obey Aureal's word, whatever it may be, unless it condones actions of darkness, cruelty, or deceit.
This is our oath, the Oath of the Sunbeam Order, Followers of Aureal, Champions of Light."

Aureal smiled kindly down at her servants, hearing their prayer, and sent a sunbeam through the clouds, illuminating the air around the trio.
Rise, Champions. I recognize your devotion. The heavenly voice of the goddess resonated throughout the air.
The three deer rose on command, looking eagerly toward the sky. The fluffy white clouds parted, revealing Aureal in all her glory.
You three are model members of the Sunbeam Order. I was with you every moment of your lives from your birth to now. I have felt the light you've spread and I have seen the good you've done. I am proud to call you my servants. As a reward for your services to the Forces of Light, I have gifts for each of you.
Aureal stepped onto the sunbeam and began to descend upon the three. Inigo watched in pure awe, green eyes wide, as the beautiful goddess came to them.
Aureal stepped softly on the green grass and approached the first of them, Nino.
Nino. For you, the Leader's Laurels. The air above Nino's head shimmered and a laurel wreath appeared, landing gently on her brown locks. Its leaves were veined with softly glimmering silver. This sacred wreath symbolizes leadership, sympathy, and wisdom. Bear it proudly in my name.
Nino nodded once, a look of pure joy in her eyes as Aureal moved to Emm.
Emmeryn. For you, the Serene Crown. Once again, the air shimmered, and a flower crown made of dogwood blooms, gold roses, and apple blossoms rested on her blonde hair.
Tears welled up in Emm's eyes as she felt the gentle weight of the crown. She closed them, but the tears still rolled down her cheeks.
This holy crown symbolizes trust, beauty, and love. You are a very strong woman, Emmeryn. Despite your mistakes, you still stride forward. Bear this crown in the name of light and truth.
Inigo could hardly contain his excitement as Aureal moved to him. He looked up at her with adoring eyes, chest puffed out.
And Inigo. For you, the Warrior's Guard." The air all around Inigo shimmered brightly, then disappeared as a set of gold armor settled itself onto his body, the straps tightening on their own. This divine armor symbolizes strength, wit, and order. You are young yet, but you will spread much light in your lifetime. You will prosper and find peace. Bear this holy mail in my name, and know that no matter how large you grow, this armor will grow with you, always protecting you. It is designed for agility instead of pure defense, but never underestimate it.
Aureal stepped back from the three deer and nodded once, as if giving them her approval.
I bear more gifts for you three... names.
Emm's heart skipped a beat. "You truly are a benevolent and generous goddess, Lady Aureal." She said gratefully, dipping her head.
Aureal gave the deer a knowing smile, then looked at Nino. Nino, I pronounce you the Holy General, Pathfinder of Light. The goddess's golden gaze turned to Emm. Emmeryn, I pronounce you the Divine Voice, Channel of Light. Aureal's view turned once more to the ever-excited Inigo. Inigo, I pronounce you the Heavenly Defender, Paladin of Light.
Then, she did something that took the breath away of all three of the deer. Aureal leaned down on one knee and bowed to them.
In unison, they all dipped their heads in return, taken aback.
I must return to my kingdom in the sky now. If I am away for too long, the Moon God and the Light Goddess will begin to worry. However, remember this. If you are ever in need of me, I will be there for you. Simply call to me and I will appear. Aureal gave them one last smile, then turn and clambered back into the sky on her sunbeam. The clouds closed behind her, leaving no trace that the goddess had ever descended.
Nino sighed contentedly. "Come. Let us return to our home as well. I think we've had enough adventure for today."

Name:
Aureal
Pronounced 'or-ee-ul'
Means 'Golden Saint'

Titles:
The Guiding Light
Lady of the Sun
Truthbringer
The Golden Lady
The Holy Sun

Referred to by mortals as either female or genderless

She has existed since the very beginning of the first millennium
She has been worshiped since the creation of mortalkind

"E'Tah Aureal!" The crowd chanted over and over. "Praise the Sun!"
Nino withdrew her peeking head and hid behind the golden curtain once again, her hooves tapping lightly against the stage. "I'm so nervous, Emm." Nino said quietly, her voice high with excitement. "We'll be dancing in front of so many people!"
"Relax, Nino. We are all equal brothers and sisters here. We all love the Goddess of Sun, Aureal and have devoted ourselves to her. Nobody will judge you here." Emm replied, smiling gently. "Here, your laurel wreath is lopsided." The kindly deer reached up with her muzzle and repositioned the wreath. It smelled lovely, so close to her nose. Weaved into it were dogwood blooms and three gold roses. All of the entertainers at the Festival of Sunshine wore them, even the males, as a tribute to Aureal.
Nino sighed thoughtfully at Emm's behavior. Normally she was a nervous wreck before a show because of her social anxiety. But here... she was completely at ease. It was a wonder to see her like this. Even at home, the deer didn't act so calm. Unless, of course, she was with her infant son or her mate, whom she loved almost more than herself. Still, it was nice to see her unaffected by anxiety. Nino wished she could say the same about herself.
"Nervous?" A masculine voice said mirthfully. Nino turned to see her mate, Gangrel, grinning at her. She hadn't even heard him approach.
"Only a lot." Nino admitted with a nervous giggle.
"Relax. You'll do fine, ballerina." Gangrel teased. Nino couldn't help but smile at the pet name, slightly more at ease.
"You'll do great, Nono!" A higher pitched voice said. Nino turned back around to see Emmeryn gently placing a small wreath on the curled locks of her son, Inigo. "Just like mum!"
Emmeryn laughed, her gentle, melodious laugh. "Inni, go on now. The show's going to start soon. You should be with daddy to watch us dance." She nudged his rear gently, then turned to inspect herself in the mirror one last time. With unconscious grace, she adjusted the strap of her off-white toga, then nodded once, satisfied.
Gangrel gave Nino a swift, chaste kiss, then led Inigo away to watch the performance with Janaff and the rest of the crowd. It was nearly time.
"Don't worry, Nino." Emm said softly, noticing Nino's worry again. "Amidst all of your fears and doubts is a resilience stronger than any I have ever known. Aureal is with you, and she will guide you on this day." The deer smiled reassuringly.
Nino nodded, her eyebrows falling low on her eyes. She was determined, ready to live and breathe with Aureal.
The pair split and moved to their respective places on opposite ends of the stage. They waited with bated breath for the voice that was to signal the beginning of their routine.
"Now presenting: Nino and Emmeryn, Members of the Sunbeam Order, the Sundance Duo!" A male announcer boomed over the uproarious crowd.
The shimmering gold curtain rose swiftly and Emmeryn and Nino bowed gracefully in unison, smiling calmly. Thousands of deer had gathered for the Festival of Sunshine. And here they all were, watching and waiting.
The roars of the crowd died quickly until they were silent, then gentle music began to play, a piece called Rose of May.
The two deer moved slowly at first, deliberately measured movements, and then, their bodies became free. There were no earthly tethers, no shackles to bind them. There was only Aureal's warmth and the honor of the dance. Great, sweeping movements were made effortlessly. The loose hair of the duo fluttered beautifully in the artificial wind with the rippling fabric of the ceremonial togas. The sun's warmth cascaded down and permeated their very souls, filling them with heat and radiance. There was no thinking, only movement. Graceful strides and harmonious leaps were made on the stage with such ease that the audience was awestruck. Aureal was with them.
And then, just as smoothly as it began, the dance ended. There were rumbling cheers from all around. Emmeryn and Nino couldn't help but grin, filled with pride and joy. Together they bowed, then exited the stage with the fall of the gold curtain.
"I felt her, Emm!" Nino said breathlessly, excitedly. "She was there!"
Emmeryn smiled kindly, remembering fondly the day that she had first become one with Aureal. "She is always there. When I dance, it's as if she is guiding my movements. I let go and let her light lead me. Each time I dance, I dance for Aureal. Each time I dance, I am free.'
"I've found it, Emm. I can really truly see why you dance the way you do. I never realized before why you danced so often, why you devoted yourself to it. Now I see it, too." Nino said, tears welling up in her eyes. "I have found Aureal's beauty."
"You've always seen it. It was just masked beneath other distractions. You'd just lost the path to it." Emmeryn's green eyes shone with emotion. "And now that you've found it again, you will never lose it."
Nino rushed forward and took Emm in a hug, smiling broadly. "Thank you, Emm."
"Don't thank me. Thank Aureal. I am but her humble vessel."
Nino pulled away from Emm, eyes shining. "E'Tah Aureal."
"Praise the Sun."

Personality:

Aureal is a deity with a commanding presence. Others are awestruck by the beauty and power she resonates, and rightfully so. Aureal holds a part of the sun inside her own body. As such, she radiates heat and light wherever she goes.
Aureal strives to rule with a fair, unbiased hoof. She is patient and just, but does not go back on her word or judgment. She firmly believes that each new day is a new opportunity to learn, and she practices what she preaches. Though she is seen as an unkind goddess to some, she often gives second chances, as she believes that people can change.
Aureal abhors darkness, cruelty, deceit, war, and hatred. Because of this, she isn't on good terms with the deity of war. The deity that she has the best relationship with is the deity of the lunar cycle, as they bring a guiding light to the darkness.
Aureal's entire life is devoted to trust, truth, and the radiance of the sun. Her main duty as a deity is to lead the sun into rising and falling every day, but she is also a sentinel; she protects and rewards the beings who spread her message and do her bidding. It is said that the last day of Earth will be the day that the sun never sets; the day that Aureal dies and the world slowly dies with her. Whether or not this is true is unknown. It isn't even known if deities can die. Still, this prophecy is often spoken of.
Some of the goddess's more human emotions and traits include kindness, wisdom, jealousy, anger, rage, hatred (despite her abhorrence for it), mercy, pity, empathy, frustration, fatigue, stress, sadness, regret, and pain. She usually prefers to deal with these in private and alone, but oftentimes they can slip out in front of others.
Overall, Aureal's emotional spectrum is very diverse, but usually remains in a single area. She strives to keep her emotions in check, but this is sometimes unsuccessful. She is known to most a patient, just goddess.

Wordless Playlist
I would appreciate it if you listened to these songs in full (except for the extended ones), as parts of the songs that really align with Aureal tend to play later in, but if you can't due to time or internet restraints, I understand.
Ballad of the Goddess (25th Anniversary Edition) - Legend of Zelda
Golden Sun Theme - Extended - Golden Sun
Ballad of the Wind Fish Remake - Fox Amoore
Ballad of the Wind Fish (Super Smash Bros Brawl Edition Extended)- Super Smash Bros
You have power... like mine - Fire Emblem Awakening

Worded Playlist
Colors of a Melody - Kimberly Freeman
Fire Emblem Theme - Super Smash Bros (lyrics here)
Beauty of Dawn - Malukah
Amazing Grace (cover) - Kimberly Freeman
Three Hearts as One - Malukah

History:

I was born of the universe, but not the universe you know now. The universe I hail from is ancient, and is hardly alive anymore. It was reborn into a beautiful, orderly thing. It was far from a cosmos at the time of my birth. So much inner turmoil afflicted the turbulent universe. To help maintain balance and order, we were created: The Deities.
We were born right after another at the beginning of the first millennium. We barely had enough time to meet each other before a new one was born, in all honesty. I was the fifth. The fifth of sixteen. We were all born as we appear now, fully developed and grown, ready to lead and perform our duties.
After we were born, the mortals were born. So many different creatures, but the ones that stood out to me were the ones that were similar to me. The are most commonly called deersserts, but I just call them deers. I'll admit, I love them more than I should, even though they're just my little siblings and not my own children. Still, I try not to show bias when I am called upon. That would be unjust and deceitful, both things that I loathe. Besides, my creatures are the ones that live in the sky. It would be suspicious to openly love creatures that are not my own.
As soon as the mortals were born, we deities all galloped off in different directions, headed for the realms that we knew were ours. Mine was the sky. The endless heavens. There I was at peace. I flew around the world, spreading light where I could and teaching the meanings of truth. A few mortals noticed me and began to worship me. Most of them were deers, as the sky creatures already knew of me and worshiped me. I didn't stop the deers of course, for it was not my place to. They had a right to worship me, for I was a god and a holy guide to them. In the first century of the first millennium, a pyramid was erected in my honor. It was called the Pyramid of the Sun. It is still standing today, but it is merely a shadow of its former glory.
In time, I began to reward the mortals who worshiped me faithfully. I believed they deserved to be noticed for the light that they spread, so it could influence others to do the same. I gave them sacred artifacts of my own design. Unfortunately, after they passed away, the artifacts fell into the hands of those who wished to do the world harm, so I was forced to descend and reclaim my artifacts. It was a long time before I bestowed them upon anyone again. About two thousand years. After the first incident, I descended upon the death of the artifact holders and reclaimed them so that they could not fall into the wrong hands and so that those who deserved them wouldn't feel upset or betrayed over the reclamation of them.
It was a very very long time before I experienced any personal hardship in my duties. True, there had been many wars between my birth and this point in time, but, as loath as I am to say it, those were necessary wars. Mortalkind relied on those wars to develop themselves and to innovate, to evolve through creativity. During the sixth century of the first millennium, a terrible plague struck mortalkind. It affected all that it touched and killed within a week of infection. I was powerless to stop it. It wrenched my heart to see the lives of millions of innocents end so abruptly, especially the lives of light-spreaders. But there is always a good side to every tragedy. In the wake of this event, a group of mortals that worshiped me banded together and formed an Order: the Order of the Sunbeam. Their work began to spread in the wake of the plague and soon more members joined the Order. Eventually, it became a worldwide group, spanning countries and continents alike. That group is still around today, larger than ever.
Unfortunately, there was also a second instance of the terrible plague. This instance happened during the third century of the second millennium. During this instance, millions more were killed. Again, I wept for the fate of the mortals. Again, I was powerless to do anything. But again, they survived.
There was also a third outbreak of this terrible disease. This outbreak occurred during the eighth century of the second millennium. It too, killed millions. However, unlike the previous two, this outbreak spanned an entire century. It was one hundred years before the mortals were safe from its black grasp once again. Interestingly enough though, the previous two outbreaks combined took eight times more lives than this outbreak. It was a relief to me that the mortals were growing, learning to fight these illnesses, but the cost still left me griefstricken.
Since the third plague outbreak, I have experienced very little disaster among my servants. They have grown and evolved to the point that they can withstand most of what fate can throw at them. But they still rely on me to guide them with truth and light. And faithfully I will guide them.
I am the goddess Aureal, and I will always be here for mortalkind, willing to teach and guide them. That is my duty. That is my pleasure. That is the reason for my creation.

Other
•When she speaks, her voice resonates through the air. As such, when she is in a vacuum (such as space), she cannot speak.
•She holds a certain affection for deersserts that cannot fly
•She enjoys learning about the world below hers, but unfortunately can only visit at night when most of the mortals are sleeping

Lady of the Sun: by animal lover1234

Armorless Aureal: by me

Credits
Aureal name credit: xx
Sun Goddess image credit: xx
All written pieces by me
Last edited by Manakete on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 22 times in total.
"Sing with me a song of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above..."

5/17/15 - He told me he loves me. I love him, too.
He's the Ruby to my Sapphire and the only thing I want.
ImageImage
League of Legends - Exalt of Ylisse
Flight Rising - Manakete (#2599)
Tumblr - brute-tigrex

"Dawn breaks through the moon, white as a bone
Lost in thoughts, all alone."
Manakete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes