10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (full)

Postby coelagirl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:37 am

♔♕♖♗♘♙
мσvιηg ραятs
♚♛♜♝♞♟

тнε ρℓσт
A character is but a cog in the machine that is a comic.
Some know it, some do not, but all have a part to play, whether they want to or not.

Our story begins when your character wakes up to a world they did not go to sleep in.
Upon closer inspection, they realize they are not even wearing the some clothes they wore to bed, but a generic and medieval-looking tunic and beeches (if they wore clothes to begin with). Next to them is a weapon; one that they have never used before.
After the initial shock wears off, they look around to see a other people, aliens to them, each wearing the same clothes, holding their own weapons, and looking equally confused.

Thus, begins their a journey across an alien land in stage company. They have been removed from their own world and shoved haphazardly into another, forced to into a game played by unknown players and with mysterious rules.
Do they stay with the group or strike out on their own? Do they adapt to the new limitations and fight, or stay peaceful? Do they rebel against the players or accept boons that come with their control? Do they win and go home, or stay in the strange world forever?

♘♞

тнε яυℓεs
1-11 are coppied from Living Between the Lines with small alterations. The original #11 has been omitted.
1. Follow Tess's rules. Just because this is on Oekaki doesn't mean that it isn't a roleplay!
2. No god-modding. Ask people's permission before you draw their character in your page.
3. No Mary-Sues/Gary-Stues. It isn't fun when you have characters like that.
4. Your artwork doesn't have to be beautiful. {By the way, beautiful is the code word if you read the rules. Not lizard.}. BUT you have to be willing to try to draw things! It's disappointing when a person refuses to even try something because it's too hard, though that hasn't happened before in other comic RPs.
5. As I said above, make sure people can tell what's going on in your picture. Nobody wants to be the one to ask, so make it so no one has to!
6. No text talk. Anywhere. If you explain below the page, don't tlk liek tis or u'll b in trble. I will accept shortenings - RPers instead of Role Players and such, but it HAS to be legible.
7. I make the final decisions. If you think it's absolutely ridiculous, tell me on a PM (COPPA'd excused- Just post on here)
8. This is a complete experiment, so please try to be patient with everyone.
9. Have fun! {Actually 'Fun' is the code word. Don't let 'beautiful' fool you}.
10. You don't need a comic to join (though it would be nice to get to know your character). Just use another OC.
11. If a page is made, and it's your turn, you have two days to acknowledge this. If you don't post within those two days, a PM will be sent. I will be happy to grant you more time if you need it. If another day passes with no response, you will be skipped. I'm sorry, that's the way it goes.
12. Only your OWN characters- no fan characters or characters from TV shows, video games, ETC. This is a personal prejudice, but if you can make a good case to me I'll lift the ban.
13. I would prefer if you had fewer characters, but I'm not gonna set a limit right now. HOWEVER, you may not add more characters after the comic starts.
14.I'm only accepting 4 RPers because I feel like previous RPs collapsed under their own weight. If things go well, I might accept a second wave of people.
15. If you have any other questions, ask.

Evil Muffin Overlord in Living Between the Lines wrote:Okay. So, the idea behind this is pretty simple. It's a roleplay, but instead of trying to describe what your character is doing with words, you draw a picture, or a comic page. To make it easy to get to, I'm going to have anyone who joins just "Color-in" the cover, and that will make it easier to get to the replies. See, easy!

♘♞

тнε ғσям
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Species:
Back story:
Weapon: (Don't go crazy specific or over powered; just 'sword' will do fine, or 'rapier' if you want to be more specific. Any special powers will come later.)
Personality:
Do you give permission for other members of the roleplay to draw your character in their pages {You don't have to; if not, they just have to ask you before they draw it every time they draw it}:
Other {THE CODE WORD IS: LIZARD}: (If you have no comic and a reference picture, post it here!)

♘♞

тнε нεяσεs
Name- Creator- Weapon- Allies- Enemies- Band/Team (if they develop later)- Current position

♘♞

тнε σя∂εя
This is the order in which we will be going. It's first come first serve. ♘*♞signifies who's turn it is.
chosendragon
Fluffy:3
fr33p0
♘Fuzzy Duckling♞
wondrwolf1

If there's anything I forgot, I'll add it; until then, forms are open!

♘♞
Last edited by coelagirl on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (accepting 4 people)

Postby coelagirl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:41 am

Extra Extra I'm saving this in case I need it
Sister | Toyhouse | ArtFight
I was chosendragon | Ugly bag of mostly water
Coel (say "seal") | she/her/hers | adult | BLM

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞

Postby coelagirl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:41 am

Username: chosendragon
Name: Lorraine (Just Raine)
Species: Human, for all intents and purposes.
Comic/Story: A Princess of Beasts
Back story: Well; Raine comes from an alternate universe; one where a race of monsters has invaded her homeland. She, the princess, was sent away to a world much like ours the day of her birth for safety and was returned on her fifteenth birthday to retake the throne. That's about all I can tell you without spoilers though :P
Weapon: Bow (quiver of arrows provided, otherwise it wouldn't be much good, eh?)
Personality: She's a bright and optimistic teenager, quick to trust and defend those she trusts. She's also very hardheaded once she gets an idea. Still, she's a good leader. That's about the readers digest version, 'course.
Do you give permission for other members of the roleplay to draw your character in their pages {You don't have to; if not, they just have to ask you before they draw it every time they draw it}: Dhur
Other {THE CODE WORD IS: Fun}: ϿفϾ
Last edited by coelagirl on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (accepting 2 people)

Postby Fluffy:3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:57 am

Username: Fluffy:3
Name: Ashton Miller
Species: Human, but he can mutate into his native alien form
Comic/Story: Vicissitude
Back story: Ashton had been studied from his planet for a few years before the government's alien observation unit removed him from his home and began their mutation on him. After around a decade of experimentation, the scientists developed a successful mutation formula in which they recently injected into Ashton. He has a fairly stable human mutation now, but he can sometimes mutate himself back into his alien form. Ashton doesn't have too much control over his alien abilities, so he tries to stay in human form. His alien 'powers' are weakened in his human state and he hasn't really learned to control them very well, so he tries not to use them too often.
Weapon: Close-combat knives
Personality: Ashton is a fairly optimistic guy; he doesn't hold grudges and avoids situations that might end up in a fight. He respects others' opinions and gets along nicely with other people if they are willing to respect him back. If you do end up getting on Ashton's bad side, you must have had to have done something extremely rude or mean to him or one of his friends. He'll fight to the end for those that he is loyal to and doesn't mind putting his life on the line to keep his fellows safe.
Do you give permission for other members of the roleplay to draw your character in their pages {You don't have to; if not, they just have to ask you before they draw it every time they draw it}: Of course!
Other {THE CODE WORD IS: LIZARD}: Fun.
Last edited by Fluffy:3 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting!! All pets and items for free!!
Fluffy:3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (accepting 4 people)

Postby coelagirl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 am

That's fine :)

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (accepting 3 people)

Postby deideloo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:46 am

Username: fr33p0
Name: Alaska
Species: Hybrid - Human / Feathered Dragon
Comic/Story: meister. even though it hasn't started yet lol
Back story: eVERYTHING SHE LOVES WAS KILLED BY VAMPIRES the end.
Weapon: giant spork.
Personality: it's complicated, I'll tell you later
Do you give permission for other members of the roleplay to draw your character in their pages: dO YOU THINK I WOULD SAY NO?
Other {THE CODE WORD IS: LIZARD}: Fun fun fun 'till her daddy takes the T-Bird away
Bleh bleh bleh
she has no wolf, ignore the wolf the wolf is rude and unnecessary
Last edited by deideloo on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
hewwo it's chris. they/them or he/him
deideloo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coelagirl » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:36 am

Okay propsective RP buddies, I'm going to sleep now. There is room for two more people after this post, so make sure you check for a spot before you post a form! I don't want to reject anyone, but it is first come first serve.

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ciitruus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Username:Fuzzy Duckling
Name: Ivory
Species: Proton human
Comic/Story: (if any, link if you can.)Postitvely negative, its my WIP
Back story:I don't really have one for her.
Weapon: (Don't go crazy specific or over powered; just 'sword' will do fine, or 'rapier' if you want to be more specific. Any special powers will come later.)Dagger
Personality:Tough, Will fight for her freedom
Do you give permission for other members of the roleplay to draw your character in their pages {You don't have to; if not, they just have to ask you before they draw it every time they draw it}:yep, of course
Other {THE CODE WORD IS: FUN}: (If you have no comic and a reference picture, post it here!)
ciitruus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (accepting 1 person)

Postby wonderwolf1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:11 am

Username:
wondrwolf1
Name:
WonderWolf
Species:
Wolf
Comic/Story:
Currently N/A (I'm working on a comic that will feature them, but as that aint out yet I'll do a detailed personality.)
Back story:
Well she doesn't really have one. Let's just go with this; she can speak in the same language as humans, and dog/wolf/fox. The fact a wolf can talk shocks most people.
Weapon:
A broadsword (Held in mouth). She also has teeth and claws.
Personality:
WonderWolf is typically friendly and reserves judgment until she gets to know someone. She is very sarcastic, making witty remarks and puns a lot of the time. Her attention span is good and she can make logical points to most conversations. She is usually quiet and keeps to herself, but will take part in any important conversations. She can't handle pressure very well and becomes agitated and snaps at people who talk to her. When it isn't a tense moment WonderWolf is fairly level tempered and good at resolving arguments. She is very loyal and trustworthy, forming tight bonds with friends. Her fighting style is very precised, aiming for weak points wile getting powerful in.
Do you give permission for other members of the roleplay to draw your character in their pages:
Sure, I don't mind. I think it would be cool to see other artists draw her.
[b]Other: {THE CODE WORD IS: Fun}: [/b]
Ref:Image
& the bandanna will probably have been left behind. Oh yea and her eyes go dark blue when she's angry, and like this;Image when she's irritated.
Image[/url]Image Image Image Image Image
^ Sprite by Sezzas

wonderwolf1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♘мσvιηg ραятs♞ (accepting 1 person)

Postby deideloo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:50 am