Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Quality Species Auction! OVER by cocoa

Based on Click to view
Artist cocoa [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by cocoa

by cocoa

Quality Species Auction! OVER

Postby cocoa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:11 pm

This species is now under ownership of .kismesis.

Species Auction!

I will be auctioning away my species here! To bid, send a bid saying "Species bid" in the message. When the end date is reached, the best bid will automatically win!
End date: January 1st (may be extended if lack of good bids)

Includes:
- Adult, Teen, Child Lines w/ lock alpha color
- Highlighting & Shading for all lines, tails, and ears(no highlight for ears)
- 6 different tails (Longfluff, curly tail, wide'n'thin tail, bob tail, dragon tail, 3 tail
- 6 different ears (Normal, tall ears, flat ears, double ears, horse ears, bone ears)
- Separate layers for spikes, wrist and arm wings
- Special markings made: you may erase all others for the markings of the specific type.
- Free gift lines or whatever you want to use them for
- Free lines w/ adult, teenager, and baby lines Child & Teen Comes with highlighting & shading

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THE SPECIES. YOU MAY EDIT/CHANGE ANYTHING IF YOU WIN.

Boosters:
- Wishlist
- Rares, VR
- List pets
- 2011, 2010, 2009 pets

Autos:
- Any mid September List dog, dragon, or store pet
I DO NOT EXPECT TO GET ANY OF MY AUTOS. THIS AUCTION WILL MOST LIKELY END WITH A MUCH LOWER PAYMENT DONE FOR THE SPECIES.

Bids:
* = winning
.kismesis.* Accepted, the species is yours now.
suchgo
Zenstar

PhoeynxD. wrote:
About The Seffrein

What is a Seffrein? wrote:A Seffrein is a large meat-eating "cat-dragon", felis draco, that is descended from dragons but has bred with tigers and over time evolved to have more of a cat-looking body. They have spikes to fight, wings to glide, and a flame as proof to their power. They are mammals, although did used to be reptiles, but once they become more catlike, there were no more scales. Seffrein's dragon ancestors keep balance to the Earth and have powers to do so, a power taken away from the Seffreins long ago. Seffreins are social, but rather mysterious creatures of this modern age on Earth. Humankind has taken notice to the species, and marveled at its wonder, but there are still many secrets left locked away in the dark.

Factors of the Seffrein
Name: Seffrein, pronounced Seff-reen. They are also known as Figers by the natives of their land.
Scientific Name: Felis draco, "cat-dragon".
Mammal, Carnivore
Types: Tamed, Wild, Dragon Hybrid.

-Seeing Seffreins as possible companions with their social and fun abilities(that may entertain kids), scientists took several of the smaller of the species, chopped off their spikes, and bred them. Over time the spikes in their genes went away, and they became much smaller than their wild cousins. Now they are used as pets for humans to have, but, like cats, are much more independent then dogs.

-Dragon Hybrids are Seffreins that are more closely related to their dragon ancestors. They come from a more direct line and sometimes have paws that are covered in scales or scales under their fur, which sometimes poke out through the fur. If the Seffrein has scales in its genes, it will not start to grow them until they are a teenager, and the scales only start to become visible as a adult. They also sometimes have dragon tails, either the tail or scales, or both. To have both scales and the tail is the rarest type, and before that the dragon scales, the dragon tail being the most common.

Colors: Common; blacks, whites, grays, silvers, browns, grayish blues, brownish reds, grayish purple, cream, crimson,..
Uncommon; Pastel colors, yellows, greens, purple,..
Rare; Pastel pink, magenta, any pink-related colors
Never; bright pink, neon colors,very dark colors...

-Common colors are mainly anything you will normally find in the wild on living mammals. Anything in that range would be common, so the chances of getting a common are: 60 out of 100.
-Uncommon colors are things you won't find in the wild. Any pastel colors, medium to light colors of the rainbow[EXCEPT what is noted in the Never section]. Medium to light colors are more rare. The rate would be 20 out of 100, but for medium colors 10 out of 37 out of 100.
-Any pink-related colors are very rare. Bright pink or anything too pink is a huge never. The chances for there to be pastel pink, or any magenta/pink-related colors, would be 3 out of 100.
-Neons, or very dark colors that aren't crimson/black/gray, will never be true on a Seffrein's pelt.

Flame Colors: Green, blue, purple, brown, gold, white, turquoise, crimson

-The flame is said to be a reflection of the Seffrein's self and being. The flame shows that they are alive, and the larger the flame is, the healthier they are physically. The transparency of the flame tells the story of their mood; the more transparent, the sadder they are, and the brighter is the more happy they are. If the flame is bursting out dangerously, it either means that they are angry, stressed, or one of the similar. Sometimes, their paws and eyes light on fire if their emotions are getting very extreme: very stressed, very angry, very happy, very sad, etc.
-If they have a dragon tail: the spike on the end of the dragon tail absorbs some of the flame, which gives the spike it's light and life. Only a small ember is left on the end, but it does not mean that they are dying; to tell if the holder of a dragon tail is dead, you can see that the spike has lost it's vibrancy.
-The Seffrein's fire used to be their power. A long time ago, back when Seffrein had first changed from dragon to cat-dragon, the Seffrein abused their power. No longer full dragon, they could no longer see the ancestor dragons and thought that they could do anything they wanted without punishment. So they abused it, and the ancestor dragons came and took away their power, and just to taunt them, transformed it into the form of a flame where it was the farthest away from them, on their tail. Now, when Seffreins are in the presence of the power they once controlled, it stirs or whispers in the wind, still relishing its freedom from the Seffrein race.
-Each flame color links to a certain line, or dragon ancestor. This dragon ancestor has a certain power, which would have been the same as the Seffrein's. Here is the dragon ancestor's long-ago known power:
The Dragon Ancestor's Power wrote:Crimson: Can control/start war, or heal physical wounds: Dragon of War[M]
Yellow/Gold: Can create riches/anything you want/keep the resources in the land rich and bountiful: Dragon of the Rich[M]
Green: Can create & control plants: Dragon of Nature[F]
Turquoise: Can control & create peace between the lands: Dragon of Peace[F]
Blue: Can manipulate water & keep water levels balanced: Dragon of the Water[F]
Purple: Can enrichen a certain thing's qualities/make it prettier/fix things: Dragon of Beauty[F]
Brown: Can control the earth: Dragon of the Earth[M]
White: Can create & control snow/ice: Dragon of the Snow & Ice[M]

*Light: Can create & control light: Queen of all Dragons
*Darkness: Can create & control darkness: King of all Dragons

-The light/darkness power was never obtained by any normal Seffrein, and is said to be nothing but a legend.

Spikes: Spikes come out of their legs, shoulders, and by their ears. They are their bones poking out of their skin and have several purposes.

-The spikes were a remnant of the Dragon of War; it is said, that the Crimson Dragon was a dragon with a exoskeleton, "The Dragon of Bone". He had these spikes just like Seffreins, and he passed on this trait to all of the Seffreins, no matter of their flame.
-The spikes are indeed bone, and have a tiny hole at the top that seeps out poison. Every Seffrein has it's own poison unique to itself, and they use this poison in battle and to protect themselves. For the first few months of their lives, their poison is the same as their mother's, but slowly changes over time. By the time that they are a child, their poison should be fully developed and deadly to their mom just as anyone else.
-Their spikes are also retractable so they don't accidentally hurt themselves or others. The ear spike is left at a stub when retracted, while all of the other spikes are gone. The stub by their ear is to identify them from a tamed Seffrein so some human won't take them away into a Seffrein shelter.
-The spikes are used for fighting occasionally, but are more often used to show off to others of their gender, or to attract mates. A male's spikes tend to be bigger and wider, while a female's are more slender and are slightly sharper, but a male's spike packs more of a punch.

Wings: Seffreins have small, feathery wings on their wrists and the back of their shoulders, front and back legs. Their wings are used for gliding, but cannot be used for full-scale flying.

-The wings are a remnant of the Dragon of Peace; similar to how the Dragon of War left the spikes to the Seffrein's. The feathery wings of the Turquoise Dragon where used for safely traveling between two sides to help negotiate a peaceful answer. Both wings and spikes were given to the Seffrein's by the Queen and King Dragons, to ensure the survival and well-being of the species.
-Just like the Peace Dragon, Seffreins have hollow bones and light bodies(or as light as they are going to get). Smaller Seffreins or females can glide more efficiently than males or larger Seffreins.
-After one strong or two pump of the Seffrein's wings, they take off into the air and spread the strong, reinforced feathers(they are reinforced with a feathery skin connecting it together) out wide to catch air and glide down. It is very useful to break falls or to pass over obstacles. Seffrein's can only flap their wings up to five times a flight before they become tired and need rest.

Ear Types: Seffreins can have either normal(tiger) ears, tall ears, flat ears, double ears, horse ears, or bone ears.

-Normal ears are the ears showed on the front page. They have a wide base and are triangular shaped(with a bit more of a height), and are the fluffiest of ears. They are a tiny bit more common than tall ears. The rate for them are: 30 out of 100.
-Tall ears are taller and thinner than normal ears. Their chance rate is 28 out of 100.
-Flat ears are ears that are made so you could pet straight across the top of their head, no obstacles. They are a little bit longer than normal ears, and have a chance rate of 20 out of 100.
-Horse ears are the ears that normally accompany the bone ears. Some of the Seffrein's lost their bone ears, leaving them with the short and skinny horse-like ears. Chance rate: 10 out of 100.
-Bone ears come from the same place as their spikes did, the Crimson Dragon. Those with these ears are closely related to the dragon ancestors. They have the shape of a triangle(like the normal ear), and are covered with a thin layer of fur over the bone. To hear, they have horse ears directly by it. Chance rate: 10 out of 100.
-Double ears are extremely rare and are basically two normal ears by each other, for a total of four working ears. These dragons have very good hearing, and this trait came from no ancient dragon but instead it is a deformity. Chance rate: 2 out of 100.

Tail Types: Seffreins can have either long/fluffy tails, curly tails, wide'n'thin tails, bob tails, dragon tails, or two-three of the first three tails listed.

-Long, fluffy tails are definitely the most common. A tiger's tail is more slender, while the dragons tail was wider, so when they combined the two you got a long, wide, fluffy tail. Chance rate: 50 out of 100.
-Curly tails were slender tails are had a permanent curl to them. The curl could unwind, but it hurt the Seffreins to do that. Chance rate: 15 out of 100.
-Wide'n'thin tails were tails that started out wide and fluffy, but slowly got thinner to the curly tail width. This started as a deformity, but soon became more of one of the basic tail types. Chance rate: 15 out of 100.
-Dragon tails were tails like the wide'n'thin almost, but more smooth, and less fluff. There is a spike at the end, which was unique to the tail. Chance rate: 10 out of 100.
-Bob tails were short, fluffy tails that are very rare. The bob tail came from the Dragon of Nature, the Green Dragon, because long tails often ended up destroying the plants around them. Chance rate: 6 out of 100.
-Multiple tails were the rarest of all, and either had the long tail and one/two of the curly tail or the wide'n'thin tail. Multiple tails came from the Dragon of Snow, since it needed extra tails to stay warm and keep it's winter friends warm, too. Chance rate: 4 out of 100.

Sizes: Wild Baby: Newborn tiger cub size
Child: Jack Russel size - Larger bulldog size
Teenager: Border Collie size - German Shepard size
Adult: Alaskan Malamute size - Bengal Tiger size(largest tiger)

Tamed Baby: Newborn kitty size
Child: Cat size
Teenager: Bulldog size - Border Collie size
Adult: German Shepard size - Siberian Husky size
*These are the standards for both genders. Males will often be slightly larger than females.

Weight: Wild Baby: 1 - 5 pounds
Child: 5 - 18 pounds
Teenager: 18 - 45 pounds
Adult: 40 - 65 pounds

Tamed Baby: 1 - 3 pounds
Child: 3 - 10 pounds
Teenager: 10 - 35 pounds
Adult: 30 - 55 pounds
*These are the standards for both genders. Males often weigh 5 pounds more than females, but this only comes into effect in the teenager & adult stages.

Unique Markings
As an adult, Seffreins get one tribal marking according to their flame color. These markings don't appear until 1 year into adulthood. There is a 50/50 chance of getting either a solid marking or a faded one. Some Seffreins don't have a marking at all, and not having a marking is not strange. Their markings come from the Earth Dragon, who had such markings. Having a unique marking is much more common in brown-flames then any other dragon because of this. Each Dragon Ancestor decided to adopt a certain marking for their flame color. The unique markings are also used for flags to represent certain tribes.

Lifestyle & Breeding

Lifestyle: Seffreins are social cats like lions; even though they were descended from tigers, they took on the social hierarchy of lions. They live in prides, normally consisting of different flames to keep it from looking like the pride favors one dragon ancestor above all. Prides that have just one flame are called "Rioters" because they are prides that try and get their dragon ancestor power as King or Queen. As part of a Rioter pride, they live dangerous lives and are either killed by other dragon ancestors or die in battles.

Breeding: Seffreins do not mate for life, but they don't just mate for a season either. Like humans, they are mates until a problem arises or the two no longer have a like for each other. If this happens, they divorce. They both go seeking for new mates again after this, and if there is a baby that has not yet been raised, the mom takes it unless the father wants it. When a female has a baby, other males will not mate with her unless the baby is killed or gotten rid of. Often, the female will abandon the baby to die if she is divorced.

-The male normally hunts for the female when she is pregnant. After the female is pregnant, it will take up to three months for the baby to be born.
-Seffreins search for mates all year round, but do not mate until spring to ensure the baby's survival.
-Seffreins are mammals, so they give birth to babies like how cats or dogs do.

History of the Seffreins

The land started out with ten dragons; four female, four male, one queen, one king. These dragons kept the land in balance and away from harm. They had children, and their children had children, until there was a long line below the dragons, and instead of Father or Greatx5 mother, the dragons became ancestors to their young. Soon, tigers came to Earth: strong, powerful beings that made the dragons admire them, just as the tigers admired them and their powers. And with that, the tigers and dragons mated - and it worked. The dragons and tigers wanted to create a strong bloodline, so they mated together for many decades, and soon the dragons were more tiger than dragon. In their own disgust, the dragon ancestors let their dragon kin see them no more, so they would be no more than a myth to the "dragons" they once called their young. Shortly after this, the tiger-dragons got bold and lost their power due to abuse, and quickly became defenseless and weak. Now merely tigers without their stripes, they were dishonored creatures struggling to survive, with nothing but a flame on its tail to taunt them of their lost power. The species began to die, slowly, but the dragon ancestors did not want to lose their kin. After some decisions were made, the dragon ancestors decided to take two traits from two of the most important dragons, the Dragon of War and the Dragon of Peace. They gave their kin this as a blessing, and with it, a new name, a new species. Seffrein. With the blessing came the blood of the dragons running strong once again, their lost power forgotten, and now, some can see the dragons. Those who can see the dragons are the ones with the most dragon blood in their veins. These Seffrein, who still believe in the dragons, the dragons that gave them their life, their honor, their pride: these were the ones with scales and dragon tails.

Art, Ideas (c) Phoenyx.
DO NOT STEAL!
Last edited by cocoa on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quality Species Auction!

Postby Suchgo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi, there. I'm COPPA'd so I can't send messages, and I want to bid. Can I just tell you here I'm sending a bid(it won't have a message in it)?
Suchgo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm

I might bid. What are you looking for in a good bid?
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocoa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:32 pm

A good bid for me would be lots of wishlist pets and rares. Like around 20+. Any bid with a list pet is good, too.
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:11 am

Ill see what I can do. I have a couple WL uncommons set aside, and I"m looking for others.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quality Species Auction! Autos lowered

Postby cocoa » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Bump