Based on Click to view
Artist Crocodile-God [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the "Wraith Rune"

Postby Crocodile-God » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:19 pm

The Wraith Rune

Happen to stumble upon this devilish rune while finally retrieving Haytham. I never expected to see a Wraith. I thought it was only theory... A spirit that is classified as a "Wraith" is usually a spirit that slowly became evil and corrupt due to extreme loneliness and abuse, turning into a malevolent being that feeds off of it's victims' fear and pain. That massive glowing scar on it's chest is how it was slain i'm guessing. Probably didn't help in becoming such a sad and vengeful soul...He seems to avoid all human and Rune contact alike, only appearing to frighten the living and feed off their negative energy. I have a feeling that it used to be a sweet and kind rune in life and it turned into..."this"...Take pity on this little Rune...It wasn't always evil...

RULES:

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

FORM:

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

Judging Nov. 5th
Last edited by Crocodile-God on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the "Wraith Rune"

Postby ShadeyPaws » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Owner Name: Shadow_paws
Name: Gaara
His name is similar to that of the noise that emanates almost
constantly from deep within his throat.

His masculinity is almost like an embodiment of his sense of pride.

Skies open up and the angel
starts falling
Listen to the beasts, can you hear
them hollering?

Why do you wish to have him:
I wish for this poor soul because his expression reminds me
of myself. Scornful, angry, always alone.
The colours themselves are to die for,
the combination astounding. Some of the
runes can be really complicated, but I
believe that this rune is simple but beautiful
in a twisted way, as is the meaning
behind him and his past. I want him to be able to
represent my inner self, which is
something dark that I would be cursed to
reveal to others, instead, Both him and
I shroud ourselves with a cloak of secrecy...
Where will you keep him:
This fine beast must be kept on my character thread,
the Shadow Factories Lost Creations. He of course being one of the
finest to add to my collection. Kumosagashi needs a little company
sometimes, though this rune may not be the best for
this task. I will try and capture rare glimpses of
them together, as I assure myself that
Kumosagashi's delightful and
laid back attitude will fit this new addition (hopefully)
perfectly.

Just come forget this because the beast is hunting for its prey
-Stubborn-
“You can't just go on with such a wound” Said Kumosagashi, yawning slightly but maintaining a worried expression on his face. Kumo's lazy loping eyes drifted to Gaaras chest, of which the wound slit open and Gaara winced with baited breath. Gritting his teeth and biting down enough to draw bright beads of crimson upon his lips, he turned with a fearsome grin on his battered face.
“I won't admit defeat, not until these veins of mine empty and these blazing eyes of mine dim as though a dying star. This hatred shall remain unquenched till the last breath of my strained lungs.”

-Sarcastic-

Kumo looked at him, sighing and glaring with a look of spite reserved for only such occasions.
“You think that I am small and useless, though I have been selected by thy spirit of the moon to laden her weary head upon only the most plush of clouds?” He spat, looking at the rude dragon.
Gaara chuckled, his head lowered as to show little amusement as possible. He grinned wolfishly.
“No. I think that you are the largest feircest dragon of all, bigger than even the most brutal ancient, your glow as bright as the sun itself and passion to match the blue tinted glow of the moon.”
Kumosagashi looked at him with large eyes, cocking his head to the side.
“Really?” He asked, his glow brightening momentarily, touched at the word of the grumpy beast.
“No. Of course not.” He laughed unkindly, looking at the disappointed lump of baby scales.

Would you like to Breed Him:
As lonesome as he is, he would not strongly object to someone in his life,
though it may take eternities to find the right one. To breed is consiquent,
with many factors to consider. perhaps he would be better off alone,
he frequently asks himself. Though now, it is not his choice. His hues
should be sought for in the next generation.
Any Quirks:
Gaara likes to walk across various graves of runes past,
tapping each in turn and laughing maliciously, though
for somereason, in the far corner of his favourite
graveyard, there is always the one which he skips, and
yowls in anguish here after. His limbs outstretched and
mouth gaping, his piercing screech cuts through the air
and fog, echoing eerily across each lonesome tomb.

Life is once upon a time,
A sweet old fairy tale.
But also be it full of grief,
The path not smooth to sail.

With breath the heart is born,
with hate and evil scarce.
But stay it pierced upon a thorn,
thy darkness shall consume.

So he strode for the light,
As the dark was closing in.
This lonesome quest his own,
Alone his heart shall fight.

Though he knew he must be brave,
Fear hath gripped his heart.
You must do what you can and when,
Live to dance upon your grave.

Layout made by AmethystRaccoon
Last edited by ShadeyPaws on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
ShadeyPaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vazchu » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 pm

Owner Name: Vazchu

Name: Za'afiel
The name:
I like naming Runes after the characters from the fantasy series known as “The tears of Artamon” by Sarah Ash. This time I chose Za’afiel, who is referred to as the Drakhaoul that is the “Blower of Icy Winds”. Therefore I thought the name would suit him, mostly because the first thought I got while looking at him was that he gives everyone quite the uneasy feelings while they’re around him.
Would you like to breed him in the future:
Yes please. He already has a Lady to call "mate", if I dare to say so this early. (;

Why do you wish to have him:
I always take a look at each and every one of the new Runes; but those I like the most are the ones I visit more than once. This little fellow was one of those I came to like really much even though I told myself that I wouldn’t have time to try out for another Rune in quite a while due to all the things I’ve to do in real life… But I really couldn’t resist him, not at all in fact. He was just too lovely.
Purple is my favourite colour and I love the way he looks. As for the description about him; it made me like him so much more. It seemed to be so sad yet at the same time so perfect that it caught my mind completely.
I guess that I simply am one hell of a weak person when it comes to those Runes who look like demons or are ghosts. I like them far too much for my own good and I’ve always enjoyed things that are sad the most…
Where will you keep him:
It’s getting quite crowded in my signature now, but I’ll come around to re-work it in due time; so I’ll make sure that he'll get his rightful place in it along with Nilaihah and Sahariel. Other than that he’ll be in the group on dA where I’ll upload art and similar creations. I’ve also been thinking about to create a thread here on CS. So I think that I’ll say that when and if I get a third Rune they’ll get their thread where I’ll put everything others need to know about them. And I'll also go on and put my ideas and plans for a Rune bearer into action as well, after all, I think they deserve a Rune bearer now.
I also have a thought of making him a part of my room as well. After all; I've a whole lot of purple fabric that have been waiting for just the right moment to be put to good use again.

Personality:
| Broken | Deceiver | Indestructible | Opinionated | Rancorous | Cursed |

Za’afiel is what you would call a broken soul; maybe even the heart that once beat as loudly as ours is what we should call broken too. His life was for many years just like anyone else’s life, until that day when everything changed. It was in that last chapter of his life everything he once was broke down into small pieces. He left everything he was in life after his death to become the Rune he now is. A wraith, broken and cold hearted towards most Runes and humans who comes too close to him.
He wouldn’t say that he tell lies, it’s rather that he avoids telling the truth. Though, that should probably be deemed as a liar if you ask anyone. Deceive others is what he does best these days. Not even Za’afiel knows why he does it… But if one should guess; it’s probably his lack of trust and belief in others that makes him to the perfect deceiver. Those who claim to know when someone lies should meet Za'afiel. He would be able to say that he was a charming bird with rainbow coloured wings when he lived without sounding stupid.
Both in the life he once lived and in his immortal life he has always deemed himself as indestructible… Of course, he was proven to be wrong when he was killed, but now it might in fact be true. Nothing seems to hurt him physically these days. If he’s stabbed in his un-beating heart he can feel no pain. However, when it comes to mentally; the result changes even though he doesn’t want to admit it. Za’afiel might not show his pain to the outside world, but the truth still lies underneath his surface. He does feel pain, both that from so long ago and the pain that others might end up creating right now. So his thought of being indestructible is not entirely true.
For many years he has believed that someone cursed him at some point during the last chapter of his life. He doesn’t know why or how, but that does not stop him from believing in his cursed past and present. A life such as his, filled with happiness and friends, can’t just change into hell without a good reason. He wowed by his own dead body to find the truth one day, after all, he has an eternity to find it. That’s where he’s quite the opinionated lad; he refuses to give up no matter what. Quitting isn’t an option in his “life”. When he wants to know something he won’t give up, the same goes for his beliefs. They’re a part of the Rune he became and giving up on them would be just about the same thing as quitting being yourself.
Za’afiel does not forget nor forgive. So when you’re around him you better watch what you do and say, make one wrong move and he’ll never trust you no matter how many apologizes you say or how much you try to make it up for him. He’ll never forget his tortured past nor the ones who put him through it even though they’re long dead. And he’ll never forgive what happened to him. Never…
Do you hear the clacking?
The bones upon the hill?
The skeletons are dancing,
And take your soul they will.
Don't you want to join them, and dance all night long?
In the inky darkness, cares and worries gone?
I know the skeletons beckon you, beating on their drums,
so go, just run to them...
The night has only just begun.

Any Quirks:
Za’afiel has a habit of often saying or thinking “I thought to myself” or “I reasoned with myself” before he says or thinks something. Though, he doesn’t seem to be aware of the fact that he’s doing it.
When he decides to make a fool out of someone he doesn’t like (this goes especially for humans) he tends to steal the things that are most precious to the person he’s aiming for. Of course he tends to watch this person from a distance for quite a while before making his move; this in order to find out what the person cares for the most.
Sleeping is something he deems as useless; he’s dead after all. So why should he need to sleep? Though, even Za’afiel enjoys a nap every now and then.
He loves meat; it’s probably the only thing he eats. Oh yes, he eats even though he’s dead, he still has his sense of taste from the time when he was alive after all. ((...Or at least he thinks so... In fact, it's just his memory of how meat tasted that fools him into believing he still have his sense of taste)
For as long as he can remember he has enjoyed the night skies when they’re only filled with stars that are glittering and filling the nights with a gently light.
Za’afiel likes shiny or glittering things a whole lot, especially pearls and gemstones. Or ordinary stones that glitters or shines in the sunlight. It’s just something about them that makes him happy.
Liars are something he really dislikes, which is odd… After all, he’s quite the liar himself.
By some reason he likes rings as well; especially if the ring has a gemstone.
Parchment and scrolls are also something he likes, he deems those as interesting. Especially as a bed those few times that he decides to take a nap.
Most of the things that he doesn’t like are things that he has no opinion at all about… He deems it as unnecessary to have any opinion about things he’s not interested in.
Other:
The last day
Those of you who doesn't like torture and the mention of "blood" too often shouldn't read this part! ~And thanks Celestial Skies, for helping me out with my grammar!
Hatred, it can consume us all at some point during the life. It can trap us when we expect it the least, it can haunt us for an eternity. Love creates hate; hate creates suffering; suffering creates revenge. All those feelings we know about are tied to each other in one way or another, it’s like those almost invisible threads in a spider’s well woven web.
It wasn’t I who chose my path of hatred and pain; another chose it for me. Why or who; those are things I do not know. Everything happened so quickly, and it left me sore. I don’t know for how long my soul has been left to rot in this hell; the hell of mine that someone decided to give me with reasons that remain unknown. It feels like an eternity, but I can still remember the time before this. The time when I smiled, the time when I was someone, the time when I was not left all alone. Who am I now…?
Each and every day is now the same, it makes me lose count of the days I had before and yet makes me remember them all the better. It’s like they wanted me to remember, they wanted me to hate… They wanted me to die. Why am I still here…?
I guess my own will and determination was to blame for that… I’m indestructible after all, they can harm me to their hearts content, but I’ll not break entirely. I cannot break, because I am Za’afiel. They can try all they want; I’ll just make sure to escape from these chains when I get the chance.

The steps in the stone cold stairs echo between the dark walls; which were just as cold as everything else in this chamber. The light that should have been warm and caring was to me cold and harsh, appeared on the wall close by to the stairs.
I thought to myself; so it’s about to begin again, is it? I thought with an empty gaze, eyes locked on the women who appeared in the stairs.
The fear I should have deep inside of me was not there, and my strength to resist had left me all alone long ago. So in my silent thoughts, I wished that it would come back to me.
“Oh, look at you! How pretty you are! Laying there in your own filth and your own blood…” the women cooed, seemingly overjoyed, as usual, when she came closer to me. “What do you say, lad…? Should we make you even prettier today?”
She put the lantern on the large wooden table that still was covered with lacy trails of blood. My blood to be precisely. The woman came closer with the bronze keys glittering in the dull light. I was past caring about the pain I felt as she took hold of my wings to drag me up from the floor, and unlocked the chains. Still laughing that insane, maniacal laugh, as always.
I thought to myself; this is my chance to escape. I thought when she had unlocked the last chain.
My mind responded in each and every way possible, and squirming with pain, but my body didn’t respond. Not at all. In fact; it simply had no strength to resist her brutal touch. Helplessly I let her carry me to the table where she let go of me.
“Now then… How do we make you pretty today, lad…?” she whispered those disgusting words while she leant forward. Her head with the black, greasy hair fell over me and I tried to get it off. However, my efforts were in vain, my body too sore to answer my commands.
“Oh my, so you’ve brought it out again?” the man had apparently come down without me noticing it.
“But of course, we still have so much to do with him!”
I despised them; those two humans shouldn’t even be called humans to begin with. I watched them with my eyes that had lost everything. My mind didn’t bother with listening to their discussion, why should it? They only tried to decide how they should make me look even “prettier” than what I already did.
A pair of grey tongs was what they apparently had chosen for today. The man took hold of me and held me tight, one hand gripped around my wing and the other around my chest. Those disgusting hands were weathered and strong; there was no way I could fight back.
“Stay still, little one…” the woman had that insane smile all over her face again and those muddy brown eyes had an even brighter maniacal gleam than usual.
She moved the tongs closer to my right wing and a part of me screamed to not look, but I couldn’t turn away either. One after one she removed my feathers. Each one hurt even more than the one before and for each one a drop of blood dripped down on the table. I couldn’t scream in pain, because my throat was far too dry to make a single sound. Both of them laughed their insane laughs, they seemed to enjoy it more than sual. But I did not enjoy it, no, not at all.
I reasoned with myself; I want to kill them. I want to end this. I thought as they started to remove one feather after another on my left wing too.
Their laughs echoed all around me and within my own mind, I couldn’t shut it out nor could I ignore the pain that made my whole body feel numb. When the two of them had removed my last feather, the man picked me up and threw me in my corner again. He didn’t even bother with putting the chains on me this time. I couldn’t move, so I decided to lay still and just wait. Just wait for the right time to escape from this hell they had cursed me to live.
“Sleep well, lad…” the woman was the last one to leave the chamber due to that she had to wash the tongs. “We’ll put your pretty feathers to good use while you rest.”

I must have fallen asleep even though my mind could not find rest. My body was still numb and I couldn’t move when I finally woke up. It was dark in the chamber, no lights were to be seen anywhere. Still, I could hear someone breathing in the darkness. I recognized that heavy breath, it was the man. Why had he come here all alone?
“You seem to be in quite much pain…” the man spoke now and thanks to that I could make out that he was right in front of me even though I couldn’t see him. “It’s such a shame… Shall I put you out of your misery?”
I thought to myself; good luck, I’m indestructible you know… I’m Za’afiel after all… I might break a little but I cannot break entirely. I thought grimly to myself. If I had been able to smile, I would have.
“Are you unable to respond?” the mad picked me up since I couldn’t resist. “… Allow me to assist you…”
After that it happened so fast. I felt a sting of pain in my chest as he stabbed me with a knife. I was still awake and alive as he dropped me and I hit the stone floor below. I laid there as he walked away from me, laughing that laugh I despised so much. Before I realized myself, I floated in the sky, watching myself laying in pitch black puddle of my own blood. Was I dead..? But that’s impossible, I couldn’t die…
My body had turned purple and it could no longer feel any pain, but the scar where the knife had sunk in still remained. My mind however did feel the pain and it did feel the hatred. As I watched myself I wowed to never forget; to never forgive; to take out my revenge on the ones who had made the last chapter of my life into hell.
I reasoned with myself; they’ll regret doing this to me… And they’ll never do this to anyone else ever again… I’ll haunt them and make sure they die in fear. I thought, a furious anger bubbling inside of me.
I, Za’afiel, was murdered that night so long ago and I never left those alone. I will never stop haunting the ones who cursed me to this existence.

I was starstruck, love struck, the minute that I,
Had rested my sight on those clear golden eyes.
The world was off my shoulders, my worries tossed aside,
All for those golden eyes, mischievous and bright.
Like I'm floating on air, held by strings, and almost let life go,
But you're there to hold me, and keep me back below.
Those golden eyes, so full of light,
Like lanterns on a Halloween night.
They light the way to guide me home,
Through the hills where demons roam.
I used to be one of them, but now I realize,
I've caved and softened for those warm golden eyes.
I look into the broken glass and all I ever find,
Is a pair of blind and bleeding eyes, staring into mine....
What have I become?
And now what shall I be?
But all I get is silence from the eyes staring at me.
Looking in the glass, is the X across my heart,
The mark of when my hell had burned and tore my soul apart.
Each wingtip a pointed dagger, each one a deadly blade,
Bony from lack of feathers, which have been yanked away.
My spirit is unbent, yet I see in the broken glass,
A defeated and slain monster, weakened by the past.
I look into the broken glass, and finally I found,
The tears streaming down my face from the pain to which I'm bound.

The glass does not lie,
It's only shows your eyes,
But in them, things may strike you,
Take you completely by surprise...

I beg your pardon for my horrible English, I try my best to become better.
Last edited by Vazchu on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 am, edited 13 times in total.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crocodile-God » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm

November 5th. I always forget to post that ><
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Might try. ^^ So cute lol.

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vazchu » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 pm

DracosCanine wrote:November 5th. I always forget to post that ><

Oh, okay. :'3 Then I might have time to try out for it. ^^
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Owner Name:
Amxen Falark
Name:
Kurai Oni
(Dark Demon in Japanese)
Personality:
:You Think:
You think IM scary?!Hahahaha,thats all in the fun of Holloween!Dont mistake me for something cute though.Im a vishious demon!I feed on your little sisters fear Amxen!It would be wise to keep her away from me.Although...she is the most loving and caring thing I have ever met.Mabey she will help me find a evil Rune to breed with.I hope its Neoark!Although,I dont keep my tormented life a secret.You may read about it in one of the stories Amxen wrote.

Heheheh,Kurai has a crush on Neoark.

Hey,shut up!

Why Do You Wish To Have Her:
This...this is a awsome Rune.I would love to breed her with Neoark.There babies would be DEMONS.
Where Will You Keep Her:
In my sig next to Neoark.
Would You Like To Breed Her In The Future:
Yes...with Neoark.Remember...DEMONS!
Any Quirks:
She dosent stop harrasing my poor little sister Rin.Rin's birthday is today and she really didnt want a trick for her birthday.Every five minets,I here "Sissy,it wont go away!" or "Sissy,Kurai wont stop!" Kurai just needs a little love and is just trying to be Rin's friend.
Other:
:The Strange Encounter:
On the best day of her life,Rin cant go Trick-or-Treating.Her fever is 103.4.So,Amxen is taking Neoark Trick-or-Treating so he can get candy and share it with Rin.Its a strange night this Holloween.A lot of scary Runes are running around,scaring children and taking the candy they drop.Neoark licked his lips. 'Those Runes have great powers.Oh how I would love to siphon there power,but Im waiting for a very awsome Rune's power to steal." Amxen gave Neoark a strange stare.As they went from house to house getting candy,alot of people were warning them. "Stay away from that gate near the manshion." Amxen knew this wasnt because of an Ancient,it was because of a very mad Wraith Rune.Amxen put a leash around Neoarks leg. "Now dont you dare siphon that poor Rune's power.For once,I want to try to tame another Rune." Neoark shook his little head. 'I cant promis anything Amxen.' So,they started up the path tward the manshion.It was in down town,were a hole was blasted into a wall when some kids got there hands on dynomight.There was also a forest surrounding the manshion,keeping it well hidden.Somehow,Neoark managed to dart ahead of Amxen.He had cut the leash off his foot.It was dark,but Amxen could follow Neoark because he had been eating Glowsticks.As they reached the gate,a Rune apeared.It was the Wraith Rune,it was glowing purple.It had a glowing red scar on its chest. 'Why have you come to my home?!' Amxen walked up to the Rune,it stepped back. "Whats wrong?Are you hurting?" Neoark cocked his head and stared at the Rune. 'What the heck?!That,that Rune was my friend when I was just a hatchling.' That other Rune stared at Neoark. 'Grrrr,I have no idea who you are.' Amxen quickly gave Neoark a Glowstick to keep him from starting a fight. "Why dont you come to my home?You might like it there." That Rune shook its head. 'Only if you give me a gift." Amxen looked in her back of candy.She pulled out a Popcorn Ball and gave it to the Wraith Rune. 'Why is this thing glowing?' Amxen and the other Rune looked at Neoark. 'Heheheh...sorry.'
(To be contiued in A Birthday To Remember.)
:Why Im Like This:
:The Past Is Forgoten:
You know me a Kurai Oni,a scary Wraith Rune.No,thats not who I am or ever was.I was once a Siphon Rune by the name of Sanctom.I was owned by a man named Phannos,and I lived with my brother Stoik.Phannos was an abussive man.He would rip my fethers out and through things at me.He would starve me and not give me water.My brother had already died before Phannos finaly killed me.He pulled out my fethers,threw me agains the wall and he cut my heart out.That was the sad part.Before I met Phannos,I was a wild Rune.Yes,I knew Neoark.I didnt first meet him when Phannos was training him.I met Neoark when I was lurning how to fly.I was almost struck by lightning,but I doged the bolt and crashed into Neoark.He was never the kindest Rune,but he was my friend.Oh,and Neoark hates my brother for some reson.Anyway,that was the past,now its forgoten.Im a Wraith Rune now,but somethimes I wish I was still a Siphon Rune.

:A Birthday To Remember:
WIP
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sculi the Ax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:00 am

Owner Name:

SCULIAX

Name:

This poor little soul's name was flipped, as his personality was, when he was slain. He awoke with the name of not "Faust" but Stauf.
The meaning of Faust is "fortunate, enjoying good luck", and since Stauf is the opposite of Faust, it makes sense that the meaning is opposite as well. The meaning of Stauf is "unfortunate, befalling bad luck."

Male

Personality:

Depressed | Regretful | Anti-social | Vengeful | Powerless
Quite a sad, angry little runie, but who wouldn't be? If you were already dead, and miserable, and you saw the pain that all your loved ones went through when you died, as well as loosing them all, what would you do? He is powerless to do anything to the world, but horrify living souls. I guess that's why he slowly drifted into this great depression, and why all the others did too.

He often wants to curl up and die, issue is, he's already dead. This only makes him more miserable, more angry. He avoids mortal contact as much as possible, fearing that the los of his bond will hurt him even more, and affect the mortal people. He wants to find the darkness that killed him, and harmed his family. He has sworn his revenge, and intends to act on it.

I wish to have him because he's simply perfect. He seems like a perfect companion to me, we're both pretty lonely, misunderstood souls seeking light in the dark. <3

In my signature, and close to my heart.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:

Maybe, most likely not

Any Quirks:

- On Halloween, he resumes his colours he had before the accident, and becomes like his old self.
- He likes piggyback rides from runes who are smaller than him, so often he'll jump onto a runie's back the Brilla is socializing with.
- He is the master at making others angry, and scaring them away.
- He is afraid of crowds; when he comes to one he'll chase them all off, making the occasional patience rune angry for stealing their job.
- He somehow manages to take other runie's jobs into his own hands, just getting rid of the problem alltogether.

Other:

Once upon a time, there was a little fairy living in an enchanted forest and will be the focus of this cheesy little story. Corrections:
1. Once upon a time is way overrated.
2. Little fairies are stupid.
3. Enchanted forest does not mean rainbows and unicorns. Well, yes on unicorns, but the swirly and fluffy pinks ones? No, this enchanted forest has bedraggled, feral unicorns that would gut you in an instant with three foot long horns of dusty grey-green.
4. Once upon time is not only overrated, but always has a happy ending- way too stereotypical!
5. The fairy will not be the focus. She’s not coming out of the story alive. (see number 4)

The little fairy zipped through trees, giggling at who-knows-what. She twirled around a tree, circling up it until she reached the impenetrable canopy and had to sink back down. She landed on a tree branch, and the sun began to sink below the horizon. A chill seemed to run through the dark forest as the Creatures came out. The fairy watched them arrive on the forest floor. She giggled at them, with all the air in her head, its no surprise about the tragedy that would befall her. The Creatures raised the spines on their backs, suddenly looking not so fuzzy and cute, and more like they would disappear into the blanket of mist that spread across the forest floor; it made them look like they would creep up on you, and suck your souls out of you body. All of which they do do. Although the little fairy knew that was going to happen, she still gasped and moved back against the trunk. But, on this unfortunate night, she was not the only one sitting on this tree branch. In fact, what she shared the tree branch with,m was all over the tree. She backed into a sticky mess that felt like oil, and she fell back into it. She went out like a light.

Rune dragon and his bearer walked up the steps to their cottage.
"Oh Faust, could you please get the-" The bearer was cut short as her rune twittered, and flew to the side of the house, egging all of their chickens into their coup. The bearer smiled and unlocked the door. She held it open so that her rune could fly in. She followed the sound of beating wings, and turned the light on in the kitchen.
"Faust? Would you please-" Again, her words were cut off as her loyal rune started up the oven and began to cook the lasagna he had pre-made the night before, when, as usual, he couldn't sleep. The rune bearer smiled, and walked to the table.
"Smells good Faust..." She got a cheerful answer from her dragon as he set the dish on the table in front of her. He place the knife and fork next to the plate, and got his blind bearer some water.
"Thank you Faust." Faust's bearer looked in his direction, a smile on her face. The dragon purred, and sat on the table with his own meal.
"What are we going to do about the forest? It's not every day the council relocates it's members after a killing. The forest must be in a really bad state." Faust sniffed, a fellow team of bearer and rune were killed trying to fix an unruly enchanted forest, and now him and his bearer had to move there, he couldn't risk his bearer like this, but there was nothing he could do. We could just not go... Faust said.
"We have to..." His bearer whispered, there were tears in her eyes.

Rune and bearer stood at the train station. The rune looked out for the train, panicking that they've missed it.
"Calm down Faust," the bearer chuckled, "we haven't missed the train. I hear it coming right now." Faust looked down the tracks, and, sure enough, the steam powered train came pounding down the tracks. The train eased into the station with a horrible squealing that made his bearer cower and cover her ears with her hands. Faust purred, comforting his bearer. He grabbed two of their bags, and his bearer grabbed the other four. They boarded the train, and found an empty box. The put their bags under the seats, and the bearer stretched out on the bench.
"Faust... would you-" Faust made an odd little noise, and closed the box door.
"Thank you." His bearer said. In a little while, snores rose from her small, but built body. Faust gazed out the window. It had been months since he could sleep, and he was tired as heck. Ever since... Faust shook his head. It was only a dream, nothing had actually happened, and he doubted that it had ever happened. Faust looked out the window, dwelling on the dream that had stopped his sleep. He was tired as heck, yet whenever he tried to sleep, it was like he had been sleeping for ten years, and you wake up full of brand spanking new energy. He grumbled. The dream was fake, not real.
But what if it has yet to happen? The thought had never occurred to him before, and it burned with a very real, very scary presence. He whimpered. The thought of this dream, this horror actually occurring, seemed more real than his bearer snoring in front of him. nothing is going to touch me or my bearer, ever. I won't let it happen.

The train came to a screeching halt, and the conductor all but threw them out. These were cursed woods, and not a good place to be. As was demonstrated too many times before. The rune and his bearer approached a long, winding path that lead into the woods, engraved in it were messages, telling of doom, written by any passerby. The most recent one was scratched out in the language of rune dragons, telling of the misfortune that took place only two weeks ago. A shiver ran down the rune and bearer's spines alike. They glanced at each other, and walked into the forest bravely. Not five feet into the woods, they grew cold, and the path began to disappear. Creatures squealed, whistled, grunted, groaned, and made all sorts of other heinous noises. The rune bearer looked disoriented and confused, the team kept their link up as a safety precaution. Ten meters later, an ugly creature sprang out in front of them. It faced them, it's face was human like, and it had a mouth encrusted with blood. Large sickly green petals stuck out of it's neck, and circled around the head, making the head look like it was part of a flower, it compelled you to come closer to it's mangled, snakelike body, covered in folds of flesh. The rune dragon moved closer to the spectacle, as is seemed to rock to the rhythm of life, and it seemed to excrete gorgeous music that wrapped you up, lulling you to sleep in it's gentle hug. The blind human was unaffected, she sprung at her rune dragon, missing entirely and tackling the beast instead. She relied on her gut instinct to know when to doge and when to strike. After a short round, the beast moved away, hissing and spitting. From there, the team of rune and bearer ran down the path, slipping and falling, throwing caution to the wind. They made their way to the hollow that the last group lived in, and locked themselves in, panting wildly.
"What......was.....that.....?" Faust looked at his bearer, her voice was raspy. He grabbed her some water, and she gulped it down thirstily.
"....We're supposed to fix..... THIS?" The rune dragon was just as shocked as his bearer, how were they supposed to accomplish this? They began looking through the house, in cupboards, draws, and cabinets, examining the place. Faust hit a jackpot. He pulled out a field guide. All explored areas of the forest were marked on a map, there was a journal of the recorded beasts and bugs, what was edible what was not, and there was a diary. They looked through the entire book, all information was useful, and all of it was stored in there memories, some of it was too horrific to forget anyway. The previous team had even supposedly found the source, the cause. That was the day they died. They must have gone out to tackle this, and lost.
"Faust... we're going to die..." Faust looked at his bearer, she had paled out, and she was sweating. No... I won't let this happen...

"Lets go." The rune bearer shouldered her pack, and headed out the door. It had been three years, and they were ready. They were going to fix this forest. The once frail rune bearer was now three years older, three years more experienced, and very well built. She could lift at least twice her weight, and was capable of taking down a Creature with her bare hands. The beast they had run into on the first day was no match for her now. The rune dragon had also grown. He was faster, stronger, smarter, their bond had grown, and they were able to react to each other as if it had happened to only one of them. They were a unit, and they were out to conquer. They hurdled over felled trees, of their barrier to keep monsters out of their home, and hurried to the grove they had marked clearly on the map, the place of the encounter exactly three years and a month ago.
"You ready?" The rune dragon gave a nervous purr. The bearer laughed confidently, and moved aside the vines growing there. Dread rose in her throat, the smell of it was enough. To the rune the monster was clear as day. It excreted gasses that made your eyes water, and your throat burn. It had no mouth, just a hole where the mouth would go. It's eyes were empty red sockets that looked into your soul, and it's nose resembles a human's. On top of it's head were twelve antennae, each around twelve feet long.. Along the top three inches of each twelve-foot-long antenna were sharp hooks that would tear your skin off. The rune dragon had a horrible feeling of what the monster would use those for. The body was similar to a cat's, in the sense that it was slender and had a long muscular tail. The legs were long and spindly, covered in blood, it had ten of them. The monster was covered in thin, short hairs, the kind that you would find on a spider's legs. Nothing about it wanted you near, and darkness itself seemed to emanate from it. The rune blinked tears out of it's eyes and took a breath, bad mistake, putrid gas was all he got, and he choked, and crumpled to the ground. The bearer was suffering just as much. The monster stood up, and it made a horrible scuttling as all of it's legs scraped across the floor, carrying it to the prey that was foolish enough to come to it. The rune collected himself, as did the bearer, and they ran around the back of the monster. They found themselves caught and swept back by the tail.
"Fools,"the monster's gurgling voice boomed. The two looked up at it. They felt their chests close, they were going to die. "Exactly three years and a month ago to the hour, I captured and other meal, just like you. I told them, "have at me," they did, and they lost... Now, it's your turn..."
The utter simplicity of the monster's speech shocked the team, along with the fact that the thing without a mouth could talk. The monster wasn't threatened. it wasn't swayed, and it was ready to eat. The team moved closer to the monster, and looked up at it. How????
I don't know...
The two just stared at it, then the bearer ducked and rolled under the monster. she grabbed onto it's stomach, and braced herself between the horrible hairs under it's pure white stomach. The monster grumbled, it's breath filled the cave, sending the blind rune bearer into a coughing fit. She grabbed hols of the bristles for dear life, and covered her mouth with her shirt. She pulled two knives out of her pack, and began climbing up the monster, knife in, knife out, leaving pinpricks of blood all down the monster's side, she herself was splattered in it. Whenever the knife went in, cold grape-smelling blood spewed out, like water out of a tap. An antenna snaked around, and started trying to hit the rune bearer. She clung onto one knife, and reacted at her rune's command. Up, down, swipe, left, swipe, up... etc. One hit was scored, and one foot of the antenna was cut off. The monster grunted, and started lashing at the rune with it's antennae, the rune held them off, just long enough for the bearer to climb up. Out of the corner of Faust's eye, he watched the bearer walk along the monster's back nearing the base of the skull. He was distracted for a moment, a single moment, when the bearer lost her balance, and an antenna whacked him full in the chest. The rune dragon howled, and his flesh was torn from his ribs.
"FAUST!" The bearer screamed, the rune dragon fell, still fully conscious, and landed on the ground. The bearer ran up the monster, and drove a knife through it's nose, the monster squealed, and shook it's head. The bearer fell , and right as she was under the monster's head, she launched her knife to it's heart. The knife it and stuck, the monster was all but unfazed. He squealed at the stps of pain, but other than that he was just angry. The bearer picked up her rune, and pulled the poison out of her pack. It had been brewed with what magic her and her dragon knew. She swallowed 3?4 of the bottle, the dragon was screaming at her, yelling at her, telling her no. She felt the poison attack her insides, she downed the rest of it, the rune sprung up. Slowly, the link between dagon and bearer was severed and destroyed, adding to the initial pain of being killed. The bearer walked up to the monster, slowly and painfully dying. The rune began to moan in despair, in loss, and in pain. The bearer cried, and the monster leaned down, and snapped her up. The monster listened to the rune dragons screams and agony, humming to it like it was sweet music, then, the rune quieted, as the poison left his bearer, and entered the bloodstream of the monster. The monster grunted, and a wraith flew from it. The wraith circled the rune, stealing all it had and all it still had, then exploding in a scream. The particles dissipated, and entered the monster. It's insides flashed, and fire consumed it, from the inside out. In the place of a rune dragon, stood a confused, lost, hurt, and bedraggled rune wraith. The rune wraith screamed, and disappeared, moved elsewhere on the globe.

Last edited by Sculi the Ax on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kickthe Gher gave me a pig! oDo
❒ Taken
❒ Single
✔ Waiting for a madman in a box...
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,
but The Doctor is cute, so screw the fruit

Teehee, Dan was here x3

I used to be SCULIAX and Skuliax ~ No stealing
Dat sexeh ladeh Dan Howell made my avatar. Give her some fluffles for it, yeah? c;

~ My characters ~
ImageImageImage
WIP :3
Sculi the Ax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:20 am

Avanti

Owner Name:

Lovenature100

Name:

Avanti- nicknamed Ava (a variation on the word before' in French,
because I will always treat her like she never became a wraith,
and French because I'm half French :3)

Female

Personality:

○Bitter: She is spiteful of the fact that this happened to her. After all, it wasn't her fault.
○Sorrowful: Ava is always depressed, she has good reason to be.
○Jealous: She is jealous that others still live and still have their own say on their life.
○Resentful: Ava resents the fact that, out of all runes, why her?
○Slightly Insane: Sometimes she manages to convince herself that she's back where she was before the "incident". She also has trouble sleeping, waking up often, shaken, from nightmares about that night that she met her demise. Sort of. In her sleep-and when she sleepwalks (which she often does) she acts like she did before becoming a Wraith- kind, smart, funny, and a bit of a joker. Also very "nerdy", loved to read and learn. In the mornings when Ava wakes up, she acts like a normal rune for a little while before becoming fully awake, where it's like she has an evil mask on that she can't seem to take off.

Avanti is a sulky rune, always looking at things negatively. She cheers up- slightly but an improvement- whenever someone is extra kind to her, especially when they give her citrus fruit.

I have been searching for the perfect rune, and since I have failed several times at winning the contests, I don't have a rune yet. I was being bored, sitting around, when I wondered whether or not new runes were up yet. I looked and what do you know, there were several new runes.

I didn't even check to see if the others were available, but this one is special. She's beautiful- she stood out to me- not because she was odd, but because her design is gorgeous and it yanked me in without warning.

I immediately started imagining up her personality, her likes and dislikes, everything about her. It's as if she's a realy person, and I just couldn't leave this page without filling and perfecting a form.

Only everywhere that I can possible store art of her.. In my notebooks, hard drive, and gallery in the form of love and art, and I'll keep her on my character thread, I have a special post for her- although I might start a new thread for only adoptables. If I get good enough art of her I'll even put her in my signature.

Would you like to breed him/her?
Yes, I would love to breed her and see what beautiful young runes she makes. That is, if I ever catch a spot ;3

Any Quirks:

Well, being evil you wouldn't think that she would do anything funny, but that's a misconception. If anything, it just makes the 'quirks' even more outstanding. Her feathers puff up whenever she tastes something that she doesn't like- making her a big evil puffball <3 She also can't resist citrus, beg for it, steal it- she does whatever she can to get her talons on citrus fruits. Even if it means asking nicely. Yes, I know. It's amazing what fruit can do.

Other:

I'm working on that right now ♥

Here's some:

I also thought I'd try a story;

Trick of Treat?

"Come on Ava, it'll be loads of fun!" I pleaded. "You can't just sit there for your whole... uh..."
Ava looked at me, her eyes narrowed and her feathers ruffled. The look she gave me was clear- go away and leave me alone. I had no intentions of doing that though. I wish I had some grapefruit or something... I marched over and picked up Avanti, earning an angry nip on the hand and scratches from her clawing talons. I wish I had my gloves, too, but I left them in the car. Grimacing, I carried Avanti outside and put on a harness so that she couldn't slip away. Avanti, straining at the leash, started to attempt to chew through it. I tugged lightly, making her stumble behind me as I started trick-or-treating with her. I had my own cat costume on- I hadn't dared to dress Avanti up.
I made it to the first house in one piece. I held Avanti up, carefully avoiding her claws, and said "trick or treat!" As cheerfully as I could. Ava went limp, giving up on the straining and making her easier to hold. The woman at the door complimented Ava's cuteness, making Ava give an angry growl, and dropped a candy bar into Ava's basket, which I attached to her harness in a place she couldn't tear at it. I continued to carry, going from house to house. Soon it was 7:30 and we had gotten to almost every house.
There was one more house left- I didn't know who lived there. Ava and I came up to the door and ringed. After a while I was about to move on, convinced that nobody was there, when the door opened. An old man with a squint stood in the doorway and was reaching towards the basket of candy when he caught sight of Avanti. At first I thought that he was going to refuse to give Ava candy, but he smiled and said, "Oh, I have something special for you, Ava!" I had no idea how he knew her name. I shifted my position and smiled gratefully, or at least I hoped I did. Ava tilted her head, as angry looking as ever. The left and returned a little while later with a large basket. I couldn't see what was in it because of a layer or cloth, but he handed it to me and I took it. I said thank-you, and have a happy Halloween, and I left. Ava began to squirm a lot, and when we reached the house my arms ached so much from restraining her that I had to put her down. I had shut the door so I assumed it was alright. As soon as Ava's feet touched the floor she scrambled towards the basket that she received from the strange man and yanked the cloth off with her beak. Ava pounced on whatever was inside and I caught a glimpse- a whole basketful of oranges, lemons, limes, you name it! All different types of citrus fruit. Ava was as happy as I've ever seen her- she even let me rub her belly. I decided to return to the old man's house to thank him. So the next day I picked up Ava, who was happily devouring a keylime, and headed towards his house. But when we got there, there wasn't a house. Just an empty lot where children were playing tag.
Last edited by Asa Willow on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 am, edited 21 times in total.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mulder » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:58 pm

ImageImageImage

personality ;;
(As told by Alek.)
n o s t a l g i c
Many things remind her of her past life.
Certain kinds of tree, specific areas, and
even little gestures bring back painful
memories of what she used to be. More than
once, I've caught Lai staring at a large, gnarled
Elm tree in the backyard, and I wonder if that
was there from her past. She'll sigh, and
the occaisional sob will escape her tiny body, and
I realize how much pain she's been through.
Decieved, murdered, and raised from her death to
walk amongst mortals in a strange new era.. it
must be tough.
v o l a t i l e
Lai can be..Unpredictable at times. She's her own
dragon, a freelanced being with no restraints. I'm
merely her partner in crime, not her 'owner' or
anything. Lai does what she wants, when she wants
to. And even in her calmest moods, she can easily
explode into a completely new creature. Angry,
snappy, she's quick to bite. And trust me,it hurts.
It doesn't take much for Lai to swing from mood to
mood, and it's rare to actually catch her in a happy
one, so take heed when approaching this dragon.
v e n g e f u l
According to what little information Laima's given
me, a Rune/Human/Other creature murdered her,
though the hints and picks have painted towards
a fellow Rune Dragon. Lai refuses to interact with
other Runes, conctantly on the search for the
murderer. Every once in a while, she'll hiss at a
passing Rune or human, but I can't be too sure
that this is why. She might just be antisocial,
who knows?
g r o u c h y
Yes, simply grouchy. Laima's always in a bad mood,
nipping and hissing at nearly everything. Well,
other than food, which seems to be the only thing
she loves, other than sleep and being alone. There's
honestly nothing else I can say on the matter..
p i c k y
Lai must have everything the way she wants it, or she
will not touch it. Whether it be a food, the
placement of something on a shelf, or even the
way the leaves sound when you walk on them,
if she doesn't like it, she does not like it,
and you're most likely to find it torn into a million
shreds the next day. And expect biting.
(Note to self, stock up on bandages and the like.)
i n t e l l i g e n t
This is one of the only traits Laima has kept through
her 'transformation.' She loves to read anything she
can get her claws on. Magazines, books, TV captions,
billboards, you name it. She's a stockhold of useless
information, most of which came from books. Every
once in a while, she'll pop a random fact that's
completely off-topic to what we're talking about, but
it's still amazing how much she knows. I'm just glad
that she doesn't use it for evil.
q u i e t
Laima doesn't talk much, at all. She and I have
conversations all the time, but beyond that,
she prefers not to speak. There's really nothing
to speak about when you're dead, I guess. It'd
be nice for her to speak up sometimes, like
when she's in a mood. I want to help her, but
she doesn't ever let me.
Now, a word from Alek..
Underneath that cold, hard shell of Lai's is a little
dragoness, easily hurt and torn apart by the harsh
ways of society. She's a monster, feeding off of other's
despair, pain, grief, but truly..She's none of that.
In the short time I've known her, I've realized
that Lai is quite possibly one of the smartest
little things I've ever met. She's clever, and
quite sneaky, might I add. And when we're
near that Elm tree in the backyard, it
somehow feels as if.. She's returned to
her old ways, a happy, gentle creature. But
when Lai realizes that I'm watching, of course
she freaks out a bit. I've almost lost a finger or
two from that, heh. But despite how she acts,
what she looks like, what her past was like,
that doesn't matter. Laima is a remarkable
young dragon, and I love her with all my heart
and soul.Good day to you.

An Intro wrote:username ;; Rufioh Nitram
owner name ;; Aleksander 'Alek' Westerfeld
dragon name ;;
Laima
Lituanian female name that means 'luck.' During her short-lived life, luck and beauty were her companions, following her wherever she went, slowly coruppting her kind, benevolent soul, turning her vain and selfish. This, of course, caused her legacy to end tragically.
gender ;; Female.
Although this rune could easily be either gender, I'd prefer for her to be a female.
theme song;; xXx

Why do you wish to have her?
I've not a Rune to my name, but I'm determined to get one, and I'll continue to pour all of my willpower into getting one, and I'll try my hardest to have the honor of recieving Laima. She's gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, with her deep violet shades and how the red simply pops to grab your attention..Just perfect. The way you
created this Rune, especially through the expression, truly conveys what you were trying to accomplish in this Rune- A poor, lost soul longing for one to call a friend. And I'm willing to devote my time and effort into this girl. I'm not picky with designs or anything, I can't pick favorites, but this Rune just grabbed my attention from the start. At the time, the Mischief Rune contest was still going on, so I had to hold back on this one. But when it ended, and I found out that I lost, I was disappointed, of course, but I realized that I could finally get started on creating a character for this Rune. I'd already developed a little wisp of character for her, who was originally to be a male, and I just built on that.

That misted tail just adds on to her charm, as does the glow around her wound. And, for Pete's sake, that red steam coming out of her mouth, is just.. Wowza. I recently realized that when I create a personality for a character of mine, it represents a little piece of my personality. I've got my shy, smart side, my mischevious, gonna-getcha side, the side of me that's all hippie-chica. From what I've developed, Laima would be the antisocial, hurt side, the monster that I'm not. (I've got multiple personalities, it's fairly hard to explain..) Laima just wants to be forgiven, for peace to be returned to her soul. Alek would be with her every step of the way, caring for her with all his heart, for they are partners, no? I know I may not be the best artist, and may not be the best author, but please try to see the effort I put into this form. I love this rune dragon <3 I'd go on, but I'm rambling now, so good luck to all of you, and to the winner...Remember this.
Take care of him/her, I'm watching you.

Where will you keep her?
In my signature, the occasional avatar, and the like. I'll make a special entry for her in my 'Character Binder,' and of course, Lai will always be in my heart. <3 I'll be sure to do plenty of art for her, and many, many stories.

Would you like to breed her in the future?
Perhaps, but only to a Rune she's completely, and wholeheartedly devoted to. So, unless she finds her 'other half,' no.

quirks ;;
> When she's around the Elm tree, Laima will become.. Happy. Smiling joyfully, even giggling sometimes. It makes me wonder if this site was a happy part of her childhood..Hmm..
> Lai refuses to be considered a 'pet.' She belives that Runes should be able to roam freely amongst the humans, not caged inside of a house like a pampered little kitty. This is why I let her in and out of the house as she pleases, and I'm well aware that one day, she might leave and never come back, but that is a test of trust. If she leaves, then she leaves. It's her choice, not mine.
> Food. Laima loves food, and sleep, two necessities of life that she absolutely indulges herself in. She'll eat like a starving animal (even though she's not), and sleep the days away, without a care. Sleep helps her escape from the stress of the real world, perhaps like a gateway back to the good times..

art ;;
I can't draw a Rune Dragon to save my life, and this one was giving me a particularly hard time ;n; So sorry for the lack of art!
GIF and eyes are by me, don't steal.
xX

s t o r i e s ;;
A/N: Do not read this if you don't like blood/death/the like.
They say that this was a myth, only a fable to scare the youth. I never thought that I'd be the one to continue this awful legacy.
>------------------------------<
I was a fortunate young thing, full of luck and power, and I used that to my advantage. Kindness, giving to the poor. Intelligence, teaching those who couldn't go to school. Benevolence, taking others into my home and feeding them. In other words, I was your average role model. All until I realized how I could use my gift. Why, with all this luck, I could do anything! Perhaps even take over Eldemore.. Yes, that was quite the attractive thought, bending everyone to my will, servants at my every beck and call, and unlimited power. All to myself. I kept those plans to myself, slowly building on them as I went, as I continued to gain the trust of those I helped. They never realized my true intentions, they thought I was the same as before. Laima, their savior. Laima, their Robin Hood. Laima, their hero. They all belived in me..Until I came across a fairly old-looking Rune. She gazed upon me with disgust, refusing every gift I tried to give her. She knew something was wrong with me, she warned me of the 'Wraith Runes.' She said, and I quote:
"Once upon a time, when Eldemore was barely out of creation, runes roamed the world happily. There was no fighting, no chaos, only love and joy. Until a Rune called 'Wraith' was hatched. Wraith was created wrong, with no happy bone in his body. Hate occupied the space where his heart was to be, a black pit of anger and fury. Wraith hated how happy everydragon was, why couldn't he be happy? The boy was cursed, and corrupted the good souls of those who ventured too close to him. The dragons of Eldemore began thinking dark, evil thoughts, and started fighting, which was the beginning of 'The Great War.' Carnage everywhere, blood rained from the dark, clouded skies. Wraith was the ruler of it all, watching as the once-peaceful Runes killed eachother mercilessly. He was eventually overcome by those who have pure souls, but his legacy remains as a curse. Tis only happens to corrupted souls like his. When an evil Rune dies, it is cursed to walk amongst mortals once more- As a Wraith Rune.So beware young one.." And with that, she left me. Of course, being my vain and awful self, I did not take heed to her warning, and the next day, I was murdered. By whom, I don't know, but for how high up I was, it must've been a Rune Dragon, perhaps one as corrupted as I. A shard of rock flew towards me, and I was dead. Simple as that.
>------------------------------<
Decades later, I was pulled from the grave, as purple as the dusk, and eyes as red as a sea of blood. And I felt..Strange. Angry, furious with the world, and particularly murderous. I went on a rampage, killing everything on sight, until I saw a human. I'd only seen those upright-walking creatures once before, and this one didn't seem to notice me. Or at least, I thought so. They were chasing after another Rune, and after finally catching up to it, the human approached my hiding spot. Stiffening, I prepared to kill, but I realized that this mammal was much, much larger than me..And I was shocked. The humans I'd seen were small..I guess not. The human, apparantly called a 'Rune Handler' took me somewhere..With many more Runes. I was isolated, and I waited there, wondering what was to happen next....

'Christmas?'
A/N: I know it's nowehere near Christmastime, but I just got the muse to write this..I think it's cute^^
'Twas a few nights before the most anticipated holiday of the year, Christmas. The inhabitants of Eldemore were hurrying and bustling about, readying themselves for the occasion. A fresh coat of snow blanketed the soil, creating a pure, angelic illusion on sight, like everything was at peace once more, much to a certain Rune Dragon's distaste. Ever since the 'transformation', the dragoness has hated the season. Screw the caroling, you sound like dying cows! I don't care for your gifts, I can find better in a dumpster. Season's greetings? How about Season's beatings? The gleeful citizens and dragons were oh-so annoying, and they never stopped, either. Persistant, those buggers were. Laima detested it all, every little aspect. It reminded her too much of her past.
Alek on the other hand, loved the season with a passion. Giving was the true gift, not recieving. The male enjoyed the delight that it brought others, it filled him with a sense of happiness. Never could he understand why Laima was so snappy about it; Even someone that grumpy couldn't resist them happy odes that flow amongst the streets at this time! Of course, the cold was a burden, yet the thought of a steaming mug of hot cocoa almost warmed you on the spot. Alek cherished the holiday, and anticipated it's arrival every year. Upon meeting Laima, though, had brought about an ever greater excitement for this wonderful time of year. Why though? Well, dear reader, you're about to find out.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~<
"Lai?! Lai, get out of there, right now!" Alek barked, wrenching at the violet-and-crimson lump in the gift wrap tube. In an act of disgust, the dragon had lodged her tiny form into the miniscule cavity of the carboard cylinder too get away from some carolers. Annoying, they were, and they never. Ever. Shut up. Hissing sharply, Laima had burrowed deeper inside. The emerald-eyed boy was growing impatient, sweeping away a lock of his rich brown hair with a sigh. Apparently thinking he'd given up, his stubborn companion relaxed her muscles, and with a quick yank, he pulled her out. Suddenly, she fell to the tiled floor of the cottage, due to a sharp nip to her partner's palm. "You little.." Alek stopped himself, willing his temper to shy down. "Lai, that's not nice. Do you ever want to visit the Elm ever again?" he growled through his teeth, fetching a bandage from the cabinet. "Hmph." The she-dragon huffed, then hobbled away to her sleeping cove. Sighing, Alek looked over to a little locket peeking out of his pocket, and all anger seeped away from him, as he couldn't stay mad at his friend. After all she's been through, the inflicted damage could've been worse. And it was nearly Christmas after all, so he had to be grateful that he'd been lucky enough to meet her.
Clutching a little box in his hand, Alek sauntered over to where Laima rested. The poor thing had passed out somewhat late, terrorizing the carolers. In the paper-wrapped, tiny box was the locket mentioned before. Laima had shown quite some intrest in the shiny, golden sphere, so Alek prepared it for this special event. Just for his little friend, that was all. Setting it beside her outstreched wing, Alek grinned slightly. The Rune dragon's childish pose took him back to a time when she could've been a sweet, kind creature, not to mention, it was pretty cute. "Merry Christmas, Laima. Hope you feel better soon." And with that, the boy set off for bed.
Last edited by mulder on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
mulder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me