Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Zodiac by thewhitefang

Artist thewhitefang [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Zodiac

Postby thewhitefang » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:47 am

This is my first Oekaki drawing ever! I actually just learned what it is this morning and I've never drawn a picture on any computer program before. This is a fan art drawing of my CS pet Zodiac. She's an April Fools 2012 pet that my CS friend Vegaskitty gave me. Please don't use this image for anything, I worked extremely hard on it, so please don't use it for anything or make fun of it. I might even use this as my fursona but I don't know if I'm allowed to since the picture of the actual pet Zodiac belongs to Chicken Smoothie. All copyrights of the original pet and lineart and coloring go to Chicken Smoothie.
Here's the link to Zodiac's page. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=64695176
And here she is!!
Pet's name: Zodiac
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

I might draw more of my pets in similar style, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll draw one of her and her boyfriend ^^

Well, enjoy her!! Please comment!

~ Potato
Last edited by thewhitefang on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
thewhitefang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Zodiac

Postby JunJou Romantica » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:47 am

good job
JunJou Romantica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thewhitefang » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:49 am

Leoblaze wrote:good job

Thank you! I'm really proud of this work.
thewhitefang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby berceuse » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:18 am

I'm pretty sure you cannot make your Fursona; but I think you best better be safe than sorry. ;)

On a positive note; this is an amazing drawing, even if it's your first Oekaki. I couldn't even draw like that x'D. But a tip, which many people use, is the "Smoothing" tool. It makes your lines quite steadier and less 'wiggly', and it really helps at that, too. C: And if you aren't already; you can use layers so you can color it without destroying the lines. Just some tips to help you improve, though. C:
berceuse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thewhitefang » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:41 am

.Scourge. wrote:
I'm pretty sure you cannot make your Fursona; but I think you best better be safe than sorry. ;)

On a positive note; this is an amazing drawing, even if it's your first Oekaki. I couldn't even draw like that x'D. But a tip, which many people use, is the "Smoothing" tool. It makes your lines quite steadier and less 'wiggly', and it really helps at that, too. C: And if you aren't already; you can use layers so you can color it without destroying the lines. Just some tips to help you improve, though. C:

Thank you!! I'll be sure to use the smoothing tool when I do my next drawing, but how do you do layers?
thewhitefang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby berceuse » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:50 am

I Love Potatoes wrote:
.Scourge. wrote:

Thank you!! I'll be sure to use the smoothing tool when I do my next drawing, but how do you do layers?

The box to the left side {I think} should be the layer box; press the + sign to get a layer, and press the - sign to delete a layer.

You can rename the layers, {change it from layer X to "Sketch" or something}.

The first layer is always the Background; so I suggest deleting that one if you want it to have no background. {If you do that; checkered things should appear to show you that it has no BG. That will not show in the final drawing, of course. c:}

I think for starters you could at least use 3 layers; discluding the BG layer. Sketch; lines; and color. Also, the layers are like cake layers. Like, for example, if the lines are on top of the color layer; it's fine. But if the color's layer on top of the lines layer; you cannot see the lines. In other words; you have to layer them properly.

For example;
Lines
Color
Sketch. c:

I hope that made sense. xD
berceuse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thewhitefang » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:29 am

Ohhhhhh thanks!

Here's a link for people to help Zodiac chose a boyfriend :3 Than when he's chosen I will do a drawing of them :D
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1344286&p=39734307#p39734307
thewhitefang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me