My Entry :3

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:27 am

Sorry for the tiny wings, if I made them bigger they wouldn't fit. XP

Username:

KaiKenNatsuki

Saber...

Name:

Mel
Meaning "honey" in portuguese, my original language.

22 WTS years old.

Female

Personality:

Mel is very quiet, careful and extremely shy. If you talk to her, depending on the subject, she'll probably fly away or not answer, then look at her paws thinking quietly. This girl may be timid, but she can prove what she's worth. She's fearless, has an average speed yet a quick fleeing gift, she can fly really fast. Once she gets to spend some time with you you'll find out she's such a sweet girl, docile and caring. By her personality you'd guess she gets scared easily, but that's blasphemy. Mel has a strong, yet kind heart. It's just hard to make her open it to you. She keeps no rancor, yet that doesn't mean she forgets it easily. Once she does something wrong she can't help but blame herself ever after, until someone proves her wrong. Her mind is a very, very complicated clock.

Theme Song:

Falling by Florence and The Machine

History:

The warmth of the huge sun could already be felt, in that cold, yet refreshing morning. Father Sun was still hiding behind the mountains. You were able to see its light touching the clouds and spreading over the sky, and everything on its path. Mel smiled, appreciating the view. "Dad!" She whispered, knowing he was still asleep. "Dad! When I grow up, can I be just like Father Sun?" Her grey-ish blue eyes stared at his, which were barely opened. He let out a yawn and slowly stretched his legs, facing his little daughter."Sorry sweetheart, but Father Sun is a boy, and you're a girl." He smiled at her, touching his nose on her muzzle. "Though you can be Mother Moon. She's a lady!" This time stretching his wings out, he sat down by her side. Little Mel wondered about what her dad had said, frowning. "But I don't like the night, it is dark..." Before she could say anything else, he picked her up by her neck, and carefully put her on his back. The cub laid her head on his neck, that was as fluffy and comfortable as a pillow.

"Let me tell you something, dear. You don't need to be afraid of the night, neither of Mother Moon. She's there to watch over you, and to illuminate any kind of darkness in your path." His soft voice danced through her ears, making her wonder. "Mother Moon is your mom now. And we all know that our moms always search for the best to us all." Making his way through the trees, a shade of light reflected on a tough rock. He put his daughter on the top of it, slightly taller than him. Afraid of falling, she shrunk herself so she wouldn't fall. "I want my other mom back!" She cried, covering her face with her paws. The big winged saber sighed, his eyes had gotten lost in that empty forest. "We're better off without her, darling." He whispered, his eyes also filled with tears, but he was proud enough not to let them drop.

------------

"Dad... Are you sure I'm ready? What if I..." He cut her voice with his, smiling. "You're way more than ready." With his left arm, he embraced her. "I love you, Mel. His smile brightened up her face, and she smiled back. Now go! You can do it, I’m more than sure!" He finally said, watching his little girl run away, await on the leader. Today, she'd become a hunter. She had grown so quickly... And beautifully. He was proud to call himself her father. "Be careful!" He shouted, not sure if she had heard it. But he was sure she would be careful, he had taught her everything. "May Father Sun watch over you, darling."

As she finally got there, in she saw other sabers at the same age as her around the den, talking, laughing. They were probably as nervous as her, she was sure. They just wouldn’t show it. A male saber walked around her, biting his lips and pulling his body near hers. "Hey there, what's up? Wanna come with me when this is over? Just for a walk you know, to get to know me better." He smiled at her, blinking. She lowered her head, ignoring his invitation and walking ahead. "No thanks." Nervous, her voice made her sound like she was trembling. Indeed she was, the she-big cat was alone in a place full of unknown sabers, with different patterns, different colors, and obviously, about to get different ranks. Finally, Zaekalus proudly walked out of his den, asking for silence. He flew to a high rock, where he was able to see them all from above. After his long speech, he was ready to call his allies to start the ranking. Unexpectedly, as he landed, his vision caught a very undesirable surprise.
A huge, enormous pack of big Kayotas were coming towards them. Zaek sent their leader a glare, quietly so he wouldn’t give away their position. It was an important day for them and nothing would ruin this day. “Time to play, I can tell.” Thought the leader, quickly calling the Beta and giving him the right orders. “You all will listen to me.” He roared, low enough so the enemies wouldn’t hear it. “The enemies had sent a pack to attack us; I want you to show our nation what you have learned. The warriors will accompany you, but I want to see what each of you can do. Am I clear?” He yelled for the last time, and as soon as all the young sabers replied with a strong “Yes!”, he flew back the cliff, roaring as an order for the warriors to head off. The pack was almost on their territory and they weren’t ready yet. Nervous, the leader let out a louder roar, as a second call; no one else came. “There must be something wrong…” Zaek growled, scratching the ground.
Mel frowned, desperate. She had never been in a battle before, all that fire burning inside the sabers to prove what they were worth, all the excitement, the will. Mel had no will. Her dad has always told her to play in the safer side, so she wouldn’t get hurt. His words echoed in her mind, and her eyes were filled with tears of fear. What if it was a tragedy that was about to come? She couldn’t hold herself, and let her tears flow. “Dad..! Dad, please help me now… I’m not ready, I’m not-“ She interrupted herself when her eyes caught what was coming from the other side of the big rock the leader was in. Another pack was coming from the north! And… There were forty! Fifty! “No! No!” She shook her head, shrinking herself under a rock. With her big fluffy paws, she covered her eyes and pointed her ears down. All she wished for was to get out of there, go back in the past, when she was an innocent cub with nothing to worry about, and her dad… “Wait!” She yelled, not realizing she had done so. “My father… is a warrior!”
With nothing else in mind but her dad’s friendly face she flew back home, not caring about the leader’s convocation. Nothing else mattered by then, as long as her dad was safe, it would be alright. They would just hide and wait until everything was over, like they’ve always done since she was a cub. After all, she had no other family member to take care of her, so the leader had to give him a license until she grew up. He was her only treasure, his only family left.

“Dad? Dad, where are you?” Shouting, Mel swallowed her tears as they landed on her mouth. “Dad!!!” She screamed, roared, everything at the same time. On the other side of the bushes, the warriors headed off to battle, with no fear in their faces. “My father is there. He must be there! He must be!” She thought, flying as fast as she could to where she previously was. She was late, they were already being attacked. Less than fifteen minutes had passed and there was already blood everywhere, feathers in the air and bodies thrashed on the ground. From up there, her eyes finally recognized his face in the middle of that mess. She had found him! He was giving those stupid dogs a nice lesson! Mel smiled in relief, while her dad’s fur shook in the air as he ripped the creature’s throat off. As soon as he landed, one of the young sabers seemed to be in trouble. The Kayota was winning mercilessly. Her father quickly got what was going on and decided to help the young one, tearing the monster’s jaw apart with his strong, heavy paws. He helped the teenie to stand up, but as he stood his face was slashed by that young traitor, being rewarded with a yell. “Get out of my way, old man! I had gotten him and you wrecked it all.” The big teenie flew off, furious.

Mel sawed his eyes with hers, snarling as she watched the young jerk fly away. The anger had possessed her, who on Earth did he think he was to throw her father, the one that saved his life, like that?! Flying higher, she dived in the air like exactly in the jerk’s direction. The leader asked them to prove what they were worth, right? He never said they should try it on the enemies only. Quickly she set her front paws in the right attack position, and when the male saber looked up to see what was coming it was already too late, both of them were falling straight away on the rocks. As soon as she realized so she let go of him, and as he tried to hold on her she accidentally stepped on his head, instantly pushing him down. A loud yelp was heard by each saber and kayota in the ‘fight area’. The Kayotas were clearly losing, so that was the perfect time for them to flee; when the sabers got distracted. Two females of the same specie jumped on the rocks, already crying. “Gaith! Gaith, talk to me!” They yelled, melting in tears over the dead body. The one Mel had taken the life of.
As the clouds got out of the sun’s path, a shadow could be seen from above. The whole clan looked at the sky, and there she was, flapping her wings like never before, doing what was possible just to get out of there. "I didn't mean to, I just..." She saw her father looking at her, disappointment shown in his facial expression. “What have I done, dad? I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry…” She kept on repeating those words, no stop, no break. She would never dare to speak again.

Art:

By Me:

X

By Hemi:

X <333

If a Saber RP is made, will you join?:

Absolutely! I love to RP :D Also because it'd help to develop a story for the species and such, so it'd be really nice :3

Why do you want your own Saber?:

My true answer is, I have no idea. I went to check the thread, felt somehow interested on it, then decided to join the contest. The thing is, now that I have came up with Mel, she's grown on me. And I can no longer imagine myself without her.
It's not about the love you have for the species, but for the character, that makes the species special.
Last edited by KaiKenNatsuki on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 11 times in total.
: - Art Shop - : - Fursonas - : - Characters - :- Adopt a teenie WAG! - : ADOPT ME!
All W.A.S. owners, please visit here!
"There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, I felt it. When you can harness all that, you'll have a power that no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My Entry :3

Postby west , » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 am

Wow! Absolutely beautiful :]

⊰ Somewhere behind the rider you've вᴇcoмᴇ,
the hours of ᴘᴙʌcтɪcᴇ you've put in, the coaches that have ᴘυsнᴇᴅ yoυ,
the fences you've нɪт, the bones you've вᴙoκᴇɴ, the hard falls you've тʌκᴇɴ,
the loɴɢ ᴅɪsтʌɴcᴇ , the sнoᴙт ᴅɪsтʌɴcᴇ, the cнɪᴘ, the sтᴙɪᴅᴇs,
the ᴇqυɪтʌтɪoɴ, the sᴡᴇʌт, the тᴇʌᴙs, the вlooᴅ, the вlɪsтᴇᴙs,
the ᴙɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ jᴇʌɴs, the ᴡool jʌcκᴇтs on 100 degree sυммᴇᴙ ᴅʌys,
the lʌмᴇ horse, the cᴙʌzy horse, the "ʌᴙᴇ yoυ sᴇᴙɪoυs?" horse, and ᴇvᴇᴙyтнɪɴɢ in between...
soмᴇᴡнᴇᴙᴇ behind all this is the little girl who fᴇll ɪɴ lovᴇ with the нoᴙsᴇ,
the sᴘoᴙт, and the ɪᴅᴇʌ and ɴᴇvᴇᴙ looκᴇᴅ вʌcκ. ⊱

Ride for her.

west ,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:38 am

Thank you :3
: - Art Shop - : - Fursonas - : - Characters - :- Adopt a teenie WAG! - : ADOPT ME!
"There's so much more to you than you know, not just pain and anger. There's good in you too, I felt it. When you can harness all that, you'll have a power that no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 am

I showed you my pic and then you wanted to join. o: xD
It's awesome, Natties. :D
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 am

-Kiley- wrote:I showed you my pic and then you wanted to join. o: xD
It's awesome, Natties. :D

Actually Vixen_Roe had PMed me previously asking me to join XD But yeah you were my inspiration <3

Thank you, Kil :3
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:26 am

Ohh ok. :D You're welcome. :3
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vixen_Roe » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:01 pm

So gorgeous Kai!!!! She's real purrrrty X3 Thanks for entering!

W.T.S | W.A.S | W.o.I |
My Charries

Art of Crixous by my awesome bud Distant Planet ^^

Livestreaming Offline

artshop~ closed, art trades~ closed

collabs~closed commissions~closed
Vixen_Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks a lot, Vixen <3 i'm glad you like her!
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember Sky » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Oh my goodness! This is beautiful! Also, you like Florence and the machine?! I thought I was the only one. :C
Ember Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KaiKenNatsuki » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Thank you, Shaddie-san! :D
Indeed, I love them <3
KaiKenNatsuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me