Time spent 12 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 17
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

G.o.G Entry

Postby Raindrop » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Username:
Raindrop
Name of Guardian:
Azaphael. She can be referred to as Phael, though she does not like being called that at all.

Her name is pronounced as 'a-za-phay-ale'.

God he/she serves:
Anubis.

Personality:
Suspicious
Azaphael does not have a trusting heart. She doesn't believe in whatever anyone other than Anubis or her counterpart Guardian tells her, viewing most statements by others as lies to deceive her and let her guard down. She does not easily open up to people, either, preferring to keep to herself; even her counterpart knows little about her personal life and background, which just shows how much she truly trusts those she does not know well.
Loyal
Loyal unto death, Azaphael would prefer to be tortured endlessly or burned at the stake than rather reveal secrets or betray those she guards over or cares for. Even if a situation is at it's most desperate, she would refuse to leave her charge alone or unattended to, instead she would hold her ground and fight off the attacker or whatever is threatening them.
Harsh
In many ways, Azaphael is harsh, merciless, even. Usually, she tries to be well-mannered, but would not hesitate in using her sharp tongue to defend herself. She comes off mostly as cutting, always being snappy and harsh with her words when annoyed. Along with this, her judgment of others' work and of their character is also rather harsh, if she does not deem them to be of worthy of something, she would refuse to let them have it, even if they came on good faith.
Solemn
Azaphael does indeed to take her job seriously, almost never seeming to laugh or even smile, instead she always seems to be wearing the same sombre, grim look on her face. Her reaction to most jokes is also the same as the last; she never smiles at them, or even acknowledges that they were said at all.
Vicious
Azaphael usually seems mild and calm, though if one can anger her enough, or provoke her to a certain level, she would show a much more terrifying side to her. When this happens, she goes quite wild, showing her more 'undomesticated' or feral side, and becomes excessively violent and aggressive, losing all self-control. She would not hesitate even a heartbeat to tear apart her attacker to fend herself, and wouldn't even feel a shred of remorse at what she'd done.

Form of disguise when in mortal lands:
Azaphael usually appears in the mortal world as a sleek, graceful black-winged kite (the bird, not the object), though if she needs to get around without arousing suspicions, she will take on the form of a human. However her preferred form is that of her bird form.

History:
(Hopefully it is alright to write short stories depicting parts of the guardian's history instead of writing the actual history? If not, I will change it.)
The Judgment
My charge, Anubis, was busying himself with his task as the embalmer, as usual. Constantly at his side, were my partner and I, his guardians, given the duty to protect and serve him as required. And today, of all days, we had to be on our guard. We had been told that a dangerous spirit was being delivered to the Hall of Judgement to be judged today, and of course, if there were a dangerous spirit to be judged, both my partner and I had to especially cautious. There was no thinking about the sort of tricks they'd try to attempt to weasel out of their judgement.

I paced around the area, while ensuring at the same time that I did not wander away. Why was this taking so long? Of course, I knew that my inner impatience was simmering to the surface, and was getting the better of me, but I could not help it. The sooner this judging was over, the better.

Anubis must've noticed my behaviour, and laid a hand on my forehead. "Patience, Azaphael. This pacing will not hurry along time." The words he spoke were true, though I did wish that it did hurry time along.

The Hall's wide doors opened with a sudden, loud banging, that jerked me to my paws. The fur along my spine started spiking upwards with apprehension. The spirit to be judged had arrived.

As I saw the spirit, I almost started with shock. Not many things in this world could shock me the way I just had, but this was certainly one that could. With a closer look, my questions had been confirmed. The spirit was indeed Setne's, also known as Khaemwaset, the son of Ramesses the Great - a pathological liar, scoundrel, traitor, thief - and so many other things.

A snarl immediately began forming on my lips. "My lord, be careful. Setne is a potentially dangerous spirit. I have heard things about him. He must have something planned. I am sure of it."

Anubis seemed to brood about this for a short moment. "Perhaps. But the judgement has been set, and he is here now; I can do nothing to change this."

Growling, I settled myself at Anubis's side, as did my partner, as Setne approached.

"Ah, Anubis, my lord. You have honored me with your presence." Setne bowed, as far as one could bow with restraints tied practically tied around his entire being. Apparently the guards had taken an extra precaution with him.

"Enough of the flattery. You are not here for that reason, you are here for the weighing of your heart." Anubis said, his tone flat, apparently not impressed by Setne's flattery.

"Do we have to get off on such a bad foot, Anubis?" Setne asked, smirking, with a dangerous glint in his eye. He had something up his sleeve. Something. I could sense it. And my intuition had not failed me yet.

I started getting up, snarling, before Anubis cut me off, his hand blocking my way. "I will handle this, Azaphael."

"But, my lord-"

"Azaphael. Enough. I shall handle this, but I do not require your assistance in this matter."

Grumbling, I retreated to where my fellow guardian was sitting. I destested having to sit down when such dangerous, treacherous scum like Setne was among my charge's presence, but I could not go against my god's will.

Anubis walked toward the Scales of Judgment, where he placed a single, pure white feather - the feather of truth - on one side of the scales, and the 'heart' of Setne's soul on the other. I knew already what would happen. The scale holding the heart would be heavier than the feather, proving that Setne was unworthy, and his heart would be eaten by Ammit the Devourer, and his soul would cease to exist. I had seen this happening many times as I served Anubis at his side. And no one would doubt that Setne was of course, unworthy.

However, the scales did not tip. Nothing happened. A slight shivering of the scales as the heart was placed, but other than that, nothing. I could not believe it. Was this a trick of the light? Or had the scales become broken? For Setne could not possibly be unworthy. He done so many horrid things in his lifetime, that he should be banished into the furthest, darkest part of the realm.

I whipped my head around, to see Setne raising his head, a smile on his face. With that, the large scales tipped wildly, until it crashed to the ground, sending loud reverberating, clangs echoing throughout the hall. Something exploded, loudly, in a cloud of dust. My blood went cold. Where was Anubis? What had happened?

I lunged toward Setne, fangs bared. How dare he?... How dare he intrude upon here and cause chaos upon the land of the gods? How dare he?... However, my paws swiped through nothing. Setne was gone. Everything had just been a diversion for him to get away.

Thankfully, Anubis had been found by my counterpart guardian. "I went after Setne. But he just...disappeared. I do not know how he could've managed such a feat."

I growled as I remembered it. Setne would regret whatever he'd done today. If he didn't, I would make him.

One thing about G.O.G:
Even though they have wings, a Guardian will never be capable of flying, due their feathers being torn and twisted.
Last edited by Raindrop on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Raindrop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: G.o.G Entry

Postby badkitten » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 pm

OMG This is amazing!!

Last bumped by Raindrop on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 pm.
badkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me