✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.6 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Favorite Titan & Starmobile?

1: Stony Cliff Titan Klawf
6%
2: Open Sky Titan Bombirdier
2%
3: Lurking Steel Titan Orthworm
6%
4: Quaking Earth Titan Great Tusk/Iron Treads
20%
5: False Dragon Titan Dondozo/Tatsugiri
24%
6: Segin Starmobile (Dark type)
8%
7: Schedar Starmobile (Fire type)
16%
8: Navi Starmobile (Poison type)
6%
9: Ruchbah Starmobile (Fairy type)
10%
10: Caph Starmobile (Fighting type)
4%

Total votes : 51

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.6 | ✿

Postby Dama » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:01 am

For anyone who missed it ... Sinnoh! Remakes! Confirmed!
It seems the art style is quite hit or miss but I actually think it's quite cute? But MAN am I excited to finally see these games get remakes! I've been looking forward to this for ages ;;

Also wow am I really interested in Legends: Arceus. It looks really good. Definitely looking forward to it as well. We've been spoilt quite a lot for this Presents haha.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:42 am

The art style is definitely a miss for me. Which is weird since I was fine with Let’s go’s style and objectively they aren’t THAT far off in similarity. Something about it just feels... off? That said I can overlook it if it’s actually fun and packed with stuff to do. So far it just looks like the originals with a new coat of paint but I’ll try and give it the benefit of the doubt until we get more info.

Legend looks more interesting than the remakes but I feel jaded after SWSH so I’m going to be pretty cautious with hype until we get more info. I really don’t think it’ll have all Pokémon in it, which I’m fine with as long as it feels like a fully fleshed out game.
Last edited by Faybell on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:44 am

The remakes' chibi style is a little jarring, but I'm sure I'll get used to it as time goes on. Definitely looking forward to it since Pearl was my first pokemon game!

As for Legends, I imagine it'll have mostly the sinnoh dex (minus ones that were manmade, like Porygon's line? I'd imagine). I may be wrong since we're really early on but it's exciting nonetheless <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:27 pm

^ I hope they mix it up and try and have Pokémon that match the aesthetic of the time period over just going with Pokémon from the dex from sinnoh. The fact the starters aren’t all from sinnoh give me hope.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s popular enough, if it becomes a new series of games. I think it’d be really cool if they did a game set during the kalos war or before the dragon in unova split into three.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Faybell wrote:It’ll be interesting to see if it’s popular enough, if it becomes a new series of games. I think it’d be really cool if they did a game set during the kalos war or before the dragon in unova split into three.

Yes this! I can see there being a lot of potential for another spinoff series here - and I'd love to see what they do with other regions (if that's what they're thinking of doing). Personally I'm quite cautious - given what happened with SwSh - but if the content we see running up to the release looks really promising, I can see it being a top seller for Switch titles easily. People have been asking for an open-world game for so long now; so I have no doubt it'll be super popular. Plus it looks like they've handed off the DP remakes to another studio purely to focus on this so I'm sure (and hope) they're throwing a lot of love at it c:

My only real concern for the DP remakes is if it's really a like-for-like remake. Will we get the added content from Platinum, like the Distortion World, or it's version of the Pokedex, .etc? For me I don't think it'll be that much of a bother - the nostalgia factor will be enough, DP were the first Pokemon games I played - but this is my only real concern at the mo haha.

there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:10 pm

My biggest concern so far is how far in the development cycle both games look - BDSP don't look quite finished (a lot of the textures look like placeholders) and obviously Legends is in beta build, but they have less than a year to get them both done. Of course, pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise in the world, so I don't think it's unreasonable that they'll just pay out for more workers and get them finished... I am just concerned that they won't feel fleshed out, like Faybell mentioned. I think I'll cry if we get another town with two enterable houses lol.

I've decided I won't pick either up on launch day and just see how other people like them- if it's not worth the release price, I might pick up another older game that I've not played yet like XD. There are loads of pokemon games that I know are good that I haven't played yet, so I'm totally down to play something else!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:20 am

Ngl I highly dislike the way the DP remakes look. The characters are just offputting and creepy
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:35 am

Oh yeah trust me I’m waiting to see how it goes to, just making note it has potential to be a good series. I kind of wish they skipped this year if I’m being honest. I’m tired of games being rushed out every year. At the very least they’re trying something new, so there’s that.

Looking back at the reveal trailer for ORAS it didn’t have anything too interesting in it either. Hopefully they have a bunch of new features to reveal throughout the year. If it ends up being too similar I’ll pass. Unlike sapphire/ruby/emerald, my platinum copy still works perfectly. I skipped the mystery dungeon remake for that reason. Why pay 60$ for a game I still own?

If they end up both being bad I at least have monster hunter stories 2 to fall back on.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm

I am so excited for the news concerning the two newest games to the pokemon franchise! Finally we got the sinnoh remakes we have been asking for c: People are already complaining however but I am excited c:
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Painful Affinity » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:42 am

I'm very excited for the remakes and the legends game! Really hope they keep the underground treasure digging and the secret bases, love those features! So many exciting pokemon news lately with these and pokemon snap too! All of the games look pretty fun so far. The chibi style for the remakes was unexpected but i like it! It's very cute! :D (though i can see how some may think it's jarring or creepy - Pokemon got the Furby effect now too haha xD)

Does anyone already know which starters you're gonna pick for the remakes and legends arceus?
Personally i'm still mostly undecided but i might pick Turtwig and Cyndaquil ^^

Painful Affinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me