Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

atheria's wood - fantasy cat arpg - HIATUS by ethium

Artist ethium [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

atheria's wood - fantasy cat arpg - HIATUS

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:47 am

main thread - archive - rules - how to start - founders - discord - staff - shop - myos - adventuring - artist search
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
one moment, you're standing quietly in your home, and the next, you're whisked into a forest tinged in hues of
blue. all around you, from portals similar to the one you just accidentally stepped through, cats emerge. all
shapes and sizes, backgrounds, and personalities. one emerges from the crowd, a smile adorning her maw.
welcome to atheria's wood!
atheria's wood is a feline arpg that allows you to build your "guild" of cats, adventure with them, make friends
and participate in a variety of things, from events to entering for adopts, to worldbuilding competitions and so
much more! join the cats and join in on the fun!
announcements:
8/8/2022 - atheria's wood is officially started. slowly beginning to fill things out. keep tabs on this as it
will be fully operational somewhat soon? hopefully. I'm a one-man-show over here lol

6/9/2023 - hey everyone!! It was very rude of me to leave this alone for so long, and I sincerely apologize. My anxiety ended up winning out in the end. and I got very overwhelmed with everything related to this arpg and needed time away from cs and.. everyone fds. I loved the idea for this arpg, but I started it way too soon, and there is still a lot I need to figure out logistically before it's ready for other people to love it too. I'm not even sure if I'll work on it anymore, as much as I love it and appreciate the love everyone else gave it in return. I've buried it and am kind of ready to just let my dream for it die.

I may still return to fix this place, I'm loosely doing it in the background, but I'm very far from reopening anything. I kinda just figured letting it die was the best way to kill it. I underestimated the amount of work it would take to keep an arpg properly functional, and let my excitement over the attention it was getting overshadow the actual work that still needed to be done. If I ever decide to tackle this again, or something similar, I'll be sure to use what I've learned here and make sure things are properly in order before opening anything to the public FLDKSJ.

I will post an official announcement if I decide to reopen things/properly get the ball rolling again, but for the time being I'm putting the ARPG on official hiatus, even though it's kind of been dead for ages lol. If anyone even looks at this, I figured I owed some sort of explanation, even though its been a while.

thank you for all of your support!
Last edited by ethium on Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules and regulations

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:48 am

rules and regulations
please follow these to the best of your ability! we want this to be a fun and inclusive environment for everyone.
ARPG RULES
001. please follow all cs site rules!! this includes content in your arpg lore. please be mindful as there are young
children on the site and we want to be conscientious of them!
002. please be kind and courteous to all staff.
003. there is zero tolerance for bullying and/or harassment. please contact me directly if you have any issues.
004. please be respectful and kind, this is an inclusive space and all ethnicities, genders (or lack thereof), ages,
cultures, religions..etc. are welcome! as long as you follow the rules and are respectful to one another, atheria
will always welcome you with open arms.
005. i don't own cats, lol. i just thought having sparkle cats/cats with wings..etc. might be fun to develop
as a community. you're free to make your own cat outside of this community at any time.

ATHERIA'S WOODS RULES
001. your lore can be whatever you'd like! you want cowboy cats? cowboy cats. cat aliens in space? want to
anthropomorphize your won/purchased adopts? be my guest. atheria's woods has little restriction regarding
mystical/fantastical elements. (and usually those that are restricted only fall under things that would not be
supported by cs rules). if you can reasonably do it on cs, then be my guest and incorporate it into your lore!
aetheria's woods is your oyster, my friends.
002. one guild per person at this point in time. this may be subjected to change at a later date.
003. if administrative action is taken, adopts you have created yourself will remain yours. you created
the design, therefore it's yours to keep, we have no rights to it. designs created by others will be subjected to
the other users's discretion/rules (unless you directly paid for it)
004. please create an archive within two months of receiving your founder. if an archive has not been created
by that time, your founder will be readopted.
005. at this point in time, there is no limit to the amount of cats you may win/own.

rules may be changed/altered at a later date, all changes will be signified by an emphasis on the altered rule.
strikes/bans:
n/a
Last edited by ethium on Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

how to start

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:48 am

atheria's woods, how to begin!
TRAIT LIST
this list may be added and edited as needed, while the arpg progresses and community input is incorporated

coats should be relatively natural cat coats. there are exceptions of course, such as unnatural markings, unnatural
colors..etc. but they should reflect the cats we see around us to your best ability.

atheria's trait list is split into 3 tiers.
the STANDARD tier covers your basic edits, which include but are not limited to:
accessories, scars, missing limbs, expressions, whiskers, weight, ear edits, mild fur edits, bob tails
short tails (think, normal cat coat length)..etc. this tier is intended to be broad to allow users creative expression.

the SUPERNATURAL tier covers rarer edits that would drastically affect a cat's design:
unnatural coloration, wild-cat crosses, unnatural eye color, unnatural markings, heterochromia, extreme
height differences and extreme fur length differences (we're talking large bulky/fluffy cats where it is
very obvious.). classic myth coats such as chimerism, vitiligo, finish..etc. all fall in this tier.
lykoi also falls here as it is an extreme fur difference.

the DIVINE tier is the rarest tier, and offers benefits in adventuring alongside your cat's design:
halos, wings, magic (displayed on the ref), multiple limbs, tails, ears, genesplices, polydactylism, horns
and more as community input is added.

HOW TO START
atheria's woods requires just a couple of things to be set up and ready for the adventure! your guild will need a
storage that can be actively linked to on CS. your guild can be stored on toyhouse, cs forums, or another website..
etc. as long as it is able to be linked at and viewed on cs!

FOUNDERS

founders are the start of your guild! they are intended to be the beginning of your journey, but where you
ultimately put them in your lore will be up to you! founder forms can be claimed and subsequently created
by artists, they can be commissioned by someone else, or you can make them yourself!

founders are limited to ONE supernatural trait and unlimited standard.
please keep in mind that while you may request an edit, the artist who chooses to claim your founder
may or may not incorporate it. it is up to the artist as to what edits they'd like to choose.

founders are only real atheria's woods cats when I (ethium) have posted on their page.

GO HERE TO CREATE YOUR FOUNDER

while you wait for your founder, you are more than welcome to tryout for any open adopts on the main page!
so long as you have a storage created.

Last edited by ethium on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

off-oekaki adopts/regulations

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:49 am

off-oekaki adopts & the regulations around them:
off-oekaki adopts, artists entries, & MYOS are available for individuals who want to create a cat for their guild
but cannot do so successfully on oekaki for whatever reason.

off-oekaki cats are subject to an approval process by me (ethium) and should follow all the rules of normal
on-oekaki cats.

please see the rhys recruitment center for information on off-oekaki myo creation.
and this post on the artist search for off-oekaki artist search creation.
off-oekaki FAQ additional questions may be added as they come in <33

should I stick to one style when creating my myo/entries?
I originally started this arpg with the intention of showing off all of the styles individuals have cultivated
over the years <33 there is nothing I love more than creativity, and showcasing everyones different styles
in one little guild of cats united by lore made me very happy. so to answer your question, you do not need
to stick to a specific style! as long as the design is recognizable/relatively clear you are free to experiment
as you wish.
what canvas size should I use?
there is no specific canvas size but I would air on the side larger is better? so we can see your design better <33
are there any limits on posing?
as long as you can see the majority of the character/all of the important markings,
I am totally chill with you experimenting with posing!

if anyone has questions please feel free to dm me on CS or on discord and I will get back to you asap!
Last edited by ethium on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:50 am

general FAQ
can I have wings in my lore but not on my cat?
your lore can be whatever you'd like. if you'd like your cats to have wings in your lore, be my guest!
but your cats will function as normal cats in the physical arpg until a divine "wing" edit has been added. wings
are an advantage, especially during adventuring, but a divine edit item (hopefully) isn't too hard to get C:
this is the case for most things ^^ divine edits often add advantages to a cats stats in adventuring and also raise
the chances of your cat bringing home another divine cat, or myos/rarer items.

are stylized realistic markings allowed?
it depends on how stylized it is. if it’s so stylized that i can no longer tell what coat it is then
it’ll be up a tier (going from standard to supernatural), but i’m sure it’ll probably fine as long as it’s somewhat close

003. question here
004. question here
Last edited by ethium on Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staff & npcs

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 am

staff members and npcs:
current staff members (and their jobs):

owner: ethium - she/her - hi! I'm just a relatively chill individual who got inspired to make a fantasy cat
arpg c: if you ever need anything please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you asap!

artist/moderator: danicalifornia - he/they - hi, dani here! i like drawing cats, writing, worldbuilding
and all things elder scrolls and warrior cats related. if you need me, please don't hesitate to reach out!

artist/moderator: deercan - any pronouns - Howdy all, I'm Deer, local just some guy who really likes cats
and other critters and beasts!! My contacts are always open, so feel free to shoot me a message if you need something!

moderator: sunny-skies - she/her - hi, i'm sunny!! i really love writing, cats, and anything related to nature!
my dms are always open if you need something, or if you just wanna chat!

artist: bigfrog4231 - he/xem - howdy, im mac !! i love warrior cats, wings of fire, and all things video games!
in my free time i enjoy cooking, reading, and rollerskating! feel free to reach out if you need anything !!

artist: craig? - she/him - hello!! i'm craig but you can also call me almond, im a huge fan of warrior cats and animals
just in general, don't be afraid to shoot me a message if you need anything!

artist: surgefire - he/him - Yo I'm Surge but I go by a bunch of other names including Taz/Vik/Leon, call me
whichever. I love to write and do art. ^^ I brainrot about OCs all the time. If you ever need anything
let me know, I don't bite.
current npcs (and their jobs):

berwin - caracal, in-charge of berwin's bazaar. he's atheria wood's equivalent of a shop.
rhys - normal cat, in-charge of the recruitment center. will make sure your guild members are in tip-top
shape before they head off to you! the wood's equivalent of myo creation.
the acolyte - normal cat, in-charge of making sure everyone's on task and feeling good! she's our mascot and is
always there to help if you need it.
daegal - lion dragon cat in charge of adventuring!

SEE THE ARTIST SEARCH FOR ARTIST REQUIREMENTS AND HIRING
artists receive: 1 divine myo for personal use upon hire and 1 supernatural myo each active month
active indicates making 4 or more cats during the month.

guest artists are hired every month for the following month and make cats with the main staff team.

I don't want to rush any artists so things are generally taken at your own pace. this is an arpg for fun and I
understand that we all have lives.

currently looking for an archivist! to assist me in keeping things nice and logged c:
archivist experience is preferred but not required.

this is a pretty important job and this individual will likely be splitting the work with me
(or with one other archivist) so they'll need to be able to work as a team to keep on
top of things c:

an archivist job can include:
- archiving created adopts, myos, founders & off-oekaki myos
- approving cats & archiving them
-

please dm/send me a msg on discord with the following form:

Code: Select all
[b]I'D LIKE TO BE AN ARCHIVIST! [/b]
[b]username + ID: [/b]
[b]why you'd like to be an archivist: [/b]
[b]archivist experience (with proof/links please): [/b]
[b]activity level: [/b]
[b]anything else I should know?: [/b]

thank you c:

Last edited by ethium on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

extra

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:51 am

extra here --

this is open for making if anyones interested. even though this is super bare bones just give me a hot sec LGKADJA
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: atheria's wood - the cat arpg - WIP DNP

Postby coolrat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:52 am

mark!!
hello, coolrat here