Staff Litter 2021 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby Seasonal » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:00 pm

Welcome to the discussion thread for all talking about this year's Staff Litter. Seeing as the Staff Litter is always a very popular discussion topic each year, the staff team has decided to make a separate thread just for this litter specifically, to avoid having the normal monthly adopts discussion be buried under staff litter talk.

This thread is for talk about the Staff Litter ONLY. To talk about the other adoptables of this month, please go to the Official September Discussion Thread.

*If you want to know which pups have grown please visit the September Outcomes Thread.

NO TRADE TALK.
Do not post asking for trades, offering trades, or discussing trades - the trade board is for that. This also includes hinting for trades, e.g. "I need to find someone to trade for this outcome", "No one is accepting my trades for this pet I missed", or "Got two of these, missed this one - off to the swaps thread!".

NO SPAM.
This includes countdowns, double posting, arguments, asking for trades, ranting about anything, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion of the monthly pets.

BE RESPECTFUL.
Remember, everyone is to be treated with respect, including the CS artists and other people in the discussion thread, even if you disagree with their opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and not everyone will like a particular pet/colour/theme/etc.. This is fine, as long as it's expressed respectfully.
    Polite criticism examples wrote:
    The colours clash and are too bright for my taste. The wing position looks kind of awkward. The design is too busy for me - I prefer simpler designs. Not a fan of jewelry on pets. Not my cup of tea. This pet's theme creeps me out. I don't much care for the rat lineart.

Rude criticism examples wrote:
    BURN IT WITH FIRE! This is so terribly done. This looks stupid - a five-year-old could do better! Ugh, this is ugly and I hate it. MY EYES, THEY BLEED! What was the artist thinking?! This is just sloppy and uncreative. Blech, more rats?

See a problem? REPORT, don't REPLY!
If you think someone has been rude or is spamming, please REPORT it rather than replying to it or getting defensive. Arguments only create spam and hard feelings, and they are not appreciated by the staff (including the 'just be glad we get free pets!' arguments). Also, don't get involved in someone else's argument. If you see people arguing, REPORT, don't reply. Getting involved just makes you part of the problem. Posts that are simply carrying on an argument will likely be deleted as spam.

Please note that this thread may only be remade if and when it reaches 900 pages. Anything less is not necessary.

What is the Staff Litter?

The Staff Litter was first created back in November 2009 and is a litter created by the staff of Chicken Smoothie, therefore adopting the name 'The Staff Litter". The litter has since been an yearly tradition and was released each November, until the litter was moved in 2013 to September, to not have the Staff Litter overlapping with the yearly Halloween Event.

The staff decides on one specific color palette together and then are free to use their own creativity and imagination, to create their own dog for the litter, with the use of that one specific color palette only. The litter is then released, as a normal monthly adoptable, with the same newborn stage.

As the pups start to grow from their newborn stage, many members start on trying to guess which staff made which dog. Often the staff will leave hints for the members to guess from, but usually no staff will reveal their dog, before it has reached its final stage.

Previous Staff Litter Palettes

Image 09' Image 10' Image 11'Image 12' Image 13' Image 14' Image '15 Image '16 Image '17 Image '18 Image '19 Image '20

Participating Staff

Aaron✦, Anouki, Anover, AquilaFuga, Berricuda, Burrito Bunny, Celozon, Dama, Desmond, Dia., Doglike, Emberwolf, Fiery Gatoh, Kazin, Koikee, Lacuna, Metallic Dragon, Nadine, Pi., Raire, reynard, Saikiyo, Schnuffel Bunny, Schuyler, Seasonal, Shy, Sixbane, Solloby, Vampiric, xem, Yağmur, Yugi and Zeena

Hint Chart

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Litter 2021 Discussion Thread

Postby Lufi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:02 pm

Oh god I love this color combinations!
Can not wait to see all these growing puppies ♥
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •a rose by any name• » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:02 pm

I'm super excited!!!

🖤

🖤

🖤

🖤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕨

🖤 𝕤𝕙𝕖/𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪/𝕙𝕖𝕣/𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞

🖤 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖'𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟

•a rose by any name•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

This color palette. *hearts*

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alyssa99 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Woot woot LETS GOOOO 😄
I miss you, puppy
Pet's name: Honey
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Pet's name: Sasha

My Kiuii (thanks skwigler!): Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3952717
Support CDH Awareness! Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! I hate myself for adopting this off account *cries*
Alyssa99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onakra » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

I’m so ready 🤣
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImageImageImage
I am a holibomber! || I have gifted 77 people. || I have received 44 gifts.
onakra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

i must be honest im not too hype for these staffies based on just the colors. :'( it looks a bit too muddled for me. hopefully this changes!
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! Image

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Wow those are some bright colors. I cannot wait to see how this year's litter turns out ^^
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nucleoid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

The color pallete is so cool omg I’m so excited
Nucleoid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tarkeli » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm

So stoked for this litter! Can't wait to see the outcomes!
tarkeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me