Postby soras » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:35 pm

Round Two
Username: rainbow!
Cat Name: Sootstripe
Clan: Creekclan
Previous Response:
"You hide! You have no idea where those talons have been!"
Prompt:

Sootsprite flops in front of creek, dumbfounded.
"An answer? In this thing?"
He squinted, trying to see anything in the creek, until he saw it. The answer!
In the blink of an eye, he snatched up a frog that was trying to mind its own business beside the creek. Sootsprite jumps around excitedly.
"I-mmph-got it!" He tried to yell, his mouth full of frog. "Did-mmhfp-I win?!"
.......................................and maybe some things are that simple;

...─── icon official art ───
.══════════════════════.
rana | he/him
when you walk away, you don't hear
me say; "please, oh baby - don't go."

art shop
.══════════════════════.
soras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #1462

Postby Vinson » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Round Two
Username: Vinson
Cat Name: Serpentslither
Clan: Clan of the Broken Night
Previous Response: (50/50)
Serpentslither laughed. “The last time the crow cried, he was but a young kit in the nursery - the fateful moment when he lost his innocence.”
Lashing his tail, he continued. “The last time the crow cried was when I stole him from his mother and called him my own.”

Prompt: (98/100)
Serpentslither unsheathed his claws and began to pad around in the muddy bank of the creek. Its surface was unsteady, showing dangerous rapids and rushes of white water. He shook his head - there was no way he was getting across by himself. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t cross at all.
Without hesitating he continued to trek along the riverbank, scenting the air, until the scent of twolegs grew stronger. Peeking out from behind a rock, he smirked smugly. That was how he would cross, hitching a ride unnoticed on the floating rocks that traversed the creek.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:10 am

Round Two
Username: Meowdle
Cat Name: Ambertide
Clan: https://toyhou.se/Meowdle/characters/folder:2328361
Previous Response: x
Prompt:

As he watched the water rush past him, Ambertide felt a chill down his spine. The tomcat had never feared the water before -- he lived near the ocean, after all. However, the ocean seemed tamer. Sure, the ocean wasn't always calm, but it certainly seemed so compared to the roaring creek.
Momentarily, Ambertide was tempted to turn around. It wouldn't be worth losing his life. But, as a wide tree branch was swept by, he made the split-second decision to run across and leap to the other side. Fear clung to his pelt, but at least he was safely across.

[100/100 words]
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:37 am

Round Two
Username: ToraOkami303
Cat Name: Witheredrose
Clan:Eagle Camp
Previous Response: Round 1
Prompt:
Witheredrose stares at the water frustrated, if she was a Veil Walker she could probably just dip through the veil to get to the other side but alas she can't. She glances both ways examining the strong current and the bridgeless expanse puzzled for a bit before taking her gaze upwards. There are some trees dotting either way... she finds the path with the least risk and starts climbing, when you can't go around... go above! She walks along the branch until she's forced to leap to the branches of the other tree, climbing down those branches on the other side.

(101/100)
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Round Two
Username: MutatedCry
Cat Name: Canyonhowl
Clan: Clan of Eternal Sun
Previous Response: Obsidianwatcher's tail curls around their paws as they settle down. "Same thing that happens when a star blinks for the last time, or a song finally ends. It moves on to something new, or perishes in the flames." They pause. "That, or it got something stuck in its throat."
Prompt:
Obsidianwatcher slowed, shivering at the roaring waves. They were no stranger to dangerous creeks or flash floods— the desert was full of them, after all, especially in the spring as the snows melted. The fur on the back of their neck bristled, glancing back the way they came.

Rocks poked precariously over the rushing waters, and there was no other way across. Carefully, Obsidianwatcher leaped, claws digging into slippery algae and wet rock. They took their time, holding their breath every time the waves bit at their pelt.

It took an hour for their fur to lie flat again.

[99/100 words]

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:34 pm

Round Two
      Username: ethium
      Cat Name: cougarnose
      Clan: elmclan
      Previous Response:
      ethium wrote:"I'm pretty sure thats a bad omen, like.. a death omen."

Prompt:

There was no way to safely cross this alone... but who said he had to cross it alone?

Cougarnose chose to go to elmclan. His gaze finding pikesplash, "Want to help me cross a river?" She shrugged, why not? Pikesplash suggested they make a bridge and she hold it steady for him to cross. The pair then got to work, as it wasn't long to construct.

When he crossed Pikesplash let go of the bridge and it buckled under the river.
      "Thanks!" he called, to which the molly simply dipped her head.

"I hope you find what you're looking for!"
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Round Two
    Username: Vivika
    Cat Name: Coalblaze
    Clan: Falls of Eden
    Previous Response: on page two!

Prompt: [99 words!]

The waters churned, frothing, hissing a warning. There was no way across.

Perhaps.

He scanned the creek, soaking in the current. Its ebb and flow, the eddies swirling at the center. Its rhythm━the choppy flow near the banks to the quiet stillness towards the middle.

There was no way across. Unless he looked deeper.
    Past the frothing fear and the swirling depths.

Shallower waters created choppy currents. Deeper waters... smoother currents.

His pawsteps carried him downstream, where erosion had yet to carve out the bottom of the creek. There, choppy waters rippled across. Shallow.

He stepped in, crossing over.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Round Two
    Username: allynabean
    Cat Name: crowmask
    Clan: moonclan
    Previous Response: round 1
    Prompt: [100 words]
    a lesser cat may have been deterred, stopped in their tracks by the large creek. but crowmask was, if nothing else, determined and resourceful! and, well, he was also able to control earth, to some extent. it was a simple matter of calling up stepping stones from the riverbed, pillars of rock placed within hopping distance of each other across the creek. it took a fair bit of concentration, and the pillars were anything but pretty, but crossing the creek was easy enough afterwards! (if he almost slipped and fell in twice while hopping across, well, no one saw, right?)
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Round Two
Username: xem
Cat Name: Leopold
Clan: The Empire
Previous Response: x
Prompt:

Leopold grumbled, soon left with his own thoughts again. North? He had no sense of direction. Oddly, he felt rather lured in the direction that was cut off by a vast stream. The currents were too strong, he stood no chance. So instead, he laid on the banks, dipping his head, softly praying to the spirits. Clouds soon stirred, rain softly falling against his pelt. Soon thunder pieced the sky, lightning grabbing at a tree from above. The tree soon tumbled, creating a bridge across the stream. The storm lessened, and soon he crossed the bridge. “Take that, naked cat.”
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Round 2 is over!
[as each user has already posted i've closed it early]

Crisis averted! You have managed to get across the river, you can now continue your journey.
After spending some time resting on the other side of the rushing water, you continue.
Unsure how much time has passed, you're sure that you must be nearly there.

You see the falcon first, flying directly above you and heading North unswervingly. How strange.
Then another bird joins them up in the sky - two birds, one a hunter and the other a forager, even
stranger that neither were attacking.
What was it with today and birds?

You look back down at the path before you, noticing a silhouette up high standing on a hill.
You can't tell how large they are or what they are, do you continue true North or take another route?

[max 200 words]

Feel free to be funny, serious, creative, cheesy, etc!! Just have fun <3
(there are no wrong answers!)
Please do not have your character interact with this creature just yet,
but they may interact with other things along the way.

Round 3 will finish in 24 hours

Code: Select all
[i]Round Three[/i]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Previous Response:[/b] (Round 2)
[b]Prompt:[/b]

The following users move on to round 3
Vinson
Meowdle
Vivika