Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[008.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:10 am

LAKECLAN !
    user + clan link: echoire + clan archive
    responding to: echoire's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+100XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+10XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found,
    The rapid-fire bark of another seal somewhere across the lake drew a soft laugh from her. Now that one had something urgent to say. Not that she ever understood… but their intonation and flowing changes in pitch never ceased to ease a smile from her.

And the same could be said about her apprentice.

Dinary drifted a paw in the shallows, swirling it around. The waters seemed adequate. Perhaps it’d do for that fishing lesson. Her head tilted to the side. Now where was that apprentice of hers? It was… awfully quiet.

A flash of russet fur flicked at the corner of her eye. Rita.

Her apprentice slunk around nearby, body lowered against the ground. Her gaze was focused ━ cerulean eyes locked ahead onto a certain target.

The target hopped, long legs dangling for a breath’s pause, before springing a small tail’s length away. Its pale amber eyes bulged, flicking around, as it leaped a little further. A frog.

Rita followed, stalking close. Closer. And closer.
    A quick breath in, and she pounced.

“Dinary, look!” The apprentice’s head lifted, swiveling around. A certain breathless glee laced her words. “I got━”

The slippery creature sprung, slipping from under Rita’s paws.

“No, wait!” Rita bound forward, a frustrated grunt escaping her jaws. “I had it. I had it. You come here you…”

She sprung forward again. This time… she didn’t miss, small claws trapping the slick amphibian and pinning it, until it met its demise. (+2FP frog)

“Got it.” Rita heaved a sigh, slumping onto the ground. “I─ woah, wait. D-Dinary?”

A shadow loomed close, overshadowing the apprentice. It flickered, replaced by another taller form with loose, bouncy curls. A calico molly ventured out, stepping into the open. Her curls quietly danced with the winds.

Dinary stepped forward, carefully positioning herself in-front of Rita. Who was she? Her brows furrowed as she soaked in this… stranger.

The stranger spoke first.

“Good morning!” The calico dipped her head towards the pair, a soft smile tugging at her muzzle. Her gaze drifted to Dinary. “I seem to be─”

“Who is this?” Flurry strode over, flicking her tail to indicate the new arrival. The she-cat wrinkled her nose, setting her quarry to the side. (+3FP red squirrel)

Behind her, Yantar quietly settled, gaze roving the scene as he flanked Flurry. He lowered the light colored herbs from his jaws, placing a paw on them. (+1 alder bark, +1 burdock root)

The calico molly let loose a soft chuckle. “Interesting group, you have here.” She relaxed her stance, settling onto the thin snow, tail slowly swishing behind her. “My name’s Furzetuft! I’m on a bit of a long journey to visit a friend… and I need a few herbs to help me along. If you could help me out, I’ll be sure to compensate you for your efforts!”

Furzetuft has arrived! She's on a long journey to visit a friend and needs two herbs to help her out,
    promising a small reward in-return. Does the patrol assist her or turn her down?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ dinara (20% hunger), flurry (20% hunger), yantar (20% hunger), rita (20% hunger)

xx+134XP → level 2 (204/300XP)
    xx+3FP red squirrel, +2FP frog
    xx+1 alder bark, +1 burdock root

notes; hello! i did notice the 'feeterina' codeword! the xp bonus only applies once, which is why it isn't reflected in the xp totals (just in case you were curious!). <3

as requested through pms, i have also converted your inventory to match your currently prey list! please add these to your inventory─totals to 17FP (this is just your previous inventory, so make sure to also add what earned from the 'totals' above)! <33
    xx→ inventory: 1FP spinebug, 2FP frog, 3FP squirrel, 3FP hare, 4FP duck, 4FP whitefish
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

PEACECLAN !
    The rabbits… were not cooperating.

A white tufted tail disappeared into a burrow just as Silverstar slunk across the field. A sigh eased out from her jaws. She thumped her paw down near the burrow, slipping a glance over her shoulder. Maybe Ghostfeather had better luck?

Her deputy withdrew from another nearby burrow, jaws empty.

Ghostfeather shook her head, letting out a soft snort. “They must have heard us coming,” she murmured. “Or… they were spooked by something else.” The she-cat shifted her stance. “Either way… no rabbit hunting. Unless━ squirrel.”

Silverstar paused, tracking the she-cat’s gaze.

A curled, fluffy tail rested atop a nearby log. Behind the log, movement flickered. A squirrel chittered softly, shaking a small fist at a tree, deep in conversation with… whoever was up there.

Silverstar gestured forward, waving a tail to the side. Her deputy quietly took to the other side, stalking forward. They were close. The little squirrel just had to keep… chatting.

Ghostfeather lurched forward, snagging the red-tufted creature in her jaws. Its fluffy tail hung limply, dangling with the cool breeze. (+3FP squirrel)

“Nice catch!” Saltwater emerged from the bushes, leaves and twigs strung through her fur. She shook her pelt out, sending leaves flying about. “I didn’t find any poppy seeds, but how’s this?” (+1 lungwort)

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no more free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ silverstar (0% hunger), saltwater (0% hunger), ghostfeather (0% hunger)

xx+24XP → level 0 (74/100XP)
    xx+3FP squirrel
    xx+1 lungwort

notes; n/a! <3

THE FALLEN !
    user + clan link: gravis cordis + clan archive
    responding to: gravis cordis's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+70XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent, +15XP for npc quest, +5XP for "feeterina" codeword
    xx+9XP for prey collected, +3XP for herbs found
    Fennel was… interesting. Intriguing.

River cocked his head, whiskers twitching as the cinnamon cat lowered their head to inspect the offered mouse. Did they approve? Was it good enough? The trainee leaned forward, trying to get a better look over Fennel’s shoulder. What were they looking at? His head gently bumped against Fennel’s, making his fur warm. Now, that wasn’t very subtle.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, glancing at his paws. “Didn’t mean to intrude…”

Fennel grinned. “Don’t worry about it, young chap. I’ve seen more than my fair share of odd things on my travels.” They kicked a paw against the dirt, offering a sheepish shrug. “But here’s something for you and the gang. Something I picked up along my travels.” (+1 uncommon edit for trading with fennel!)

River sniffed the object, turning it over with a paw. It was weird. A twisted piece of… some sharp stone? A certain metallic stench clung to it. Maybe not really a stone. Metal? He wrinkled his nose. Odd.

“Well, then! I should be on my way.” Fennel’s tail flicked, head tilting to the side a little. “There’s a… certain loner I see out and about. He’s close ─ not too far from here. Careful of him, will ya? He doesn’t seem like the friendly type.”

With a parting nod and their signature lop-sided grin, the cinnamon cat left.

River spun around, gaze finding his mentor. “What did he mean by… loner? Did they─”

“Come, help me carry this prey, you two.” Rain tossed a look over her shoulder. “While you were… preoccupied with that Fennel, I found some animal’s prey pile. Quite the haul there!” (+3FP hedgehog, +3FP hedgehog, +3FP squirrel)

Oh. The older she-cat had left… and he hadn’t really noticed. Nor paid much attention.

River padded over, clamping his jaws around the prickly prey. It was... sticky. Honey? He gave it a quick shake. A few herbs came loose from its fur, floating to the ground. (+1 thyme, +1 horsetail, +1 honey)

The bushes rustled.

Twin ears, one heavily notched, poked from the bushes. Then, a nose. And a head. The cat’s head turned, revealing a stony glare and an equally scarred face. The tom’s expression was unmoving... as if carved from stone itself. His muscles were taut. Wary.

River took a step back, ears lowering. It had to be that loner. The one Fennel was talking about. Right?
    He swallowed, sneaking a glance to Roar and Rain. His voice was hushed, the barest hint of a whisper. “What do we do?”

A loner has been spotted in the patrol's vicinity! The loner doesn't seem to be causing any trouble... but could he be a threat?
    Does the patrol confront the loner or choose to leave him alone?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ strike (20% hunger), pine (10% hunger), petal (10% hunger)
    xxxxrain (10% hunger), roar (10% hunger), river (10% hunger)

xx+112XP → level 2 (234/300XP)
    xx+3FP hedgehog, +3FP hedgehog, +3FP squirrel
    xx-3FP squirrel (eaten by strike!), -2FP wood mouse (traded to fennel!)
    xx+1 thyme, +1 horsetail, +1 honey
    xx+1 uncommon edit (for trading with fennel!)

notes; n/a! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby beebun » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:44 am

hello! I think I may have been skipped? my last post was here <3
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── explore posts !! zabimaru and beebun ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:19 am

┌───────────────────────────────────┐

like an umbrella falling all around him, it seemed almost like a dream. with shades of the most lovely greens draping from
    above, luckysong parted the endless rows of willow fronds. and somewhere beyond him, soft beams of lights shone, bathing
    the entire place in a gold hue.

it looked like magic.. well, almost.
    actually.. not really.

“just… shut up.” redfur’s voice seemed like glass. glass that shattered the silence as russet waves thrashed a little ways
    behind him. but instead of hushing the hissing carrier.. he watched. watched as the golden lights that floated down from
    above reflected upon those cerise curls, tinting the light with a metallic shade of copper. “but that’s hard for you.. isn’t it,
    shadewish?”

the intensity of those amber eyes seemed to seal luckysong's fate... dooming him to relish in the long day ahead.

the two never got along. but, it was odd.. because once upon a time. they did. shadewish had nurtured her as an apprentice,
    even cared for her like his own daughter. but, things changed apparently. they fell so far apart from the other. out of touch.
    out of reach.

“is this some kind of joke to you?” eyes of amber had been set alight, burning into the deputy before they turned away, as if a
    way to calm herself. “i’ll be somewhere around.”

then just like that.. she was gone. but, she would come back.
    eventually.

“huh.” lithe head cocked slightly, the teasing smile on shadewish’s lips had twisted into a frown as those familiar tufts of russet
    had completely faded from sight. “alright, then.”

“in the meantime, we should gather some herbs,” shaking his head, luckysong wandered into the embrace of the forest.
    a forest that held a thousand secrets and memories that never seemed to leave him. “i’m sure sandwillow would appreciate
    it. “

(+ x1 stinging nettle, + x1 horsetail, +x1 mallow leaves, +3exp)

-------

a rustle.
    once. then twice.

“you there, redfur?” russet curls peeked from a thistle bush, one that seemed to shiver as a gentle breeze ran over it. with
    the shrub’s leaves dancing to the rhythm of the wind, sunlit eyes shone from the depths of the undergrowth. “oh, yes.
    you are there.. took you long enough. did you catch anything?”

"why wouldn't i?" a soft huff danced from redfur's lips, poisoning reality with a bitterness that didn't seem to fade.
    (+ 2fp [mouse], + 2exp)
    ---------------------

+120 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +0% hunger (no free posts left)

totals;;
    +135 exp gained // +0% hunger // +2fp // +1x stinging nettle, horsetail, mallow leaves // level 0 (82/100) -> level 1 (117/200)
    LEVEL UP!! +1fp

└───────────────────────────────────┘
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx

┌───────────────────────────────────┐

it felt like his world was falling apart. piece by piece. moment by moment.

first the attack… then this. squashpaw didn’t deserve this.
    the sun had fallen deeper into the earth, its gentle warmth fading like a feather whisked away by the wind. laced within the
    hushed melody sung by dreaming larks, the apprentice seemed… exhausted.

he had been so strong the whole way through, viridian eyes glinting with a resilience beyond anything he had ever expected.
    but, through it all, chipper could see the fight from those vibrant eyes dwindling away at every stop they made.

“we’ll be home soon, squashpaw.”
    lies. it was a comforting one, at least. a lie that entangled the silence with something
    sweet, however fabricated it might be. “don’t worry.”

faintly, like a ghost in the sky… the lovely glow of the moon danced. its luminescence was barely visible, hidden by the gleam
    of the setting sun. but it was there, a gentle presence that watched over him like an angel.

but beneath the moonlight, his heart seemed to sing. tugging him to a bush.. one adorned with magnolias. tip-toeing to circle
    around the little bush, a periwinkle stone twinkled in the midst of shadows. it sparkled, it’s soft blue hues shading the darkness
    with a gentleness beyond any other.
    it was beautiful.
    (+1 common myo (congrats!)]

“i’m back.” like a songbird, teadrip’s gentle voice had split the haunting silence. a ghost that never seemed to leave him. “is
    he alright?”

“he’s fine, i’m sure. squashpaw is tough.”

but, it felt like he was drowning. an ocean in his lungs. a weight in his chest. but instead of being able to pull himself to the
    surface, he was helpless. suffocating under the waves.

“well.. i have some good news to give you.” lyrical and sweet, teadrip’s eyes seemed to lock with his as if she could read the
    emotions that lingered beneath. “while i was gone, i found some herbs.. it might be of some use. ”
    (+1 tansy, +1 raspberry leaves], +2 exp)

blue eyes seemed to falter as teadrip glanced down, her focus drifting to the wounded apprentice, who had fallen to a world of
    dreams. . “i caught some prey, too, if you’re wondering.”
    (+4fp [bird], +4 exp)

“good. it’s about time we start moving again..” hesitating a bit, chipper’s eyes wandered to the apprentice, who seemed
    to shiver as shadows seemed to creep into the evening.
    “it’s going to be a long trip home.”

---------------------

+25 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +10% hunger for chipper, teadrip and squashpaw!

totals;;
    +41 exp gained // +10% hunger for chipper, teadrip and squashpaw // +4fp // +1 tansy, raspberry leaf //
    level 3 (337/400)-> level 3 (378/400)

└───────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by faelyn on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

agaric clan → explore, 001

Postby cujo. » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
bugs, spiders, common newt, common lizard | 1FP
small mammals and garden birds (mice, shrews, voles, sparrows) | 2FP
small fish (minnow, perch, roach) | 2FP
larger small mammals (red and grey squirrels, bats) | 3FP
larger fish (trout, pike, eel) | 3FP
water fowl, larger birds, rabbits, hares, salmon | 4FP
new predators:
1-4 : foxes, domestic dogs, mink, large rats, large birds of prey (rard; i.e red kite, golden eagle)
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a

ImageImageImage
( clan archive | last post [n/a] | last explore [n/a] | word count: 614)
( post: 001 | level 0 | experience: 0 )

a droplet of rain splashing onto their nose roused moth - mothstar that ... would take a lot of getting used to - from their sleep. "nests. first job of making this place home," they mumbled, scooting back further beneath the roots of the great oak in the center of what they had decided was camp. there was the very beginnings of a den dug out beneath it - a fox, maybe, or a badger, that had been disturbed or decided against the spot before they'd finished the job, perhaps pushed away by the same forces that had drawn moth to the place - and that would be the first job, really: finishing the big main den. in the dreams they had seen of the original clans, most, it had appeared, had separate dens. and moth could understand that, in part, for a nursery, or times one wished for some alone time but ... consistently? oh no. no no. it just wasn't in their nature - or perhaps in their nuture, having been born into a clowder of cats that were constantly curled around each other.

the dawn broke and disappeared again, and it wasn't until thera's gaze* broke through the clouds and the thick leaves of the trees that moth emerged from beneath the roots of the oak tree. they didn't stray far from their makeshift den, making themself comfortable and beginning to wash their face. ears twitching, moth considered the dreams they had had. was it merely just a dream, or another act of guidance from their ancestors and the old gods, like the ones that had led them here in the first place? perhaps just unusually vivid dreams, they lacked the tiredness and mild aches of a not-dream given to them by the forces beyond, nor could they remember it in any clarity as they could always do with the not-dreams.

"i s'pose i did arrive here rather late," they mused aloud to themself, for there were no other members of the clan yet. "i should look around some," their head tilted after a moment. "and a name. every clan needs a name, doesn't it?" tilting their head skywards, they could no answer. only birdcall in the canopy overhead. "hm," paws kneading into the soft dirt, their gaze drifted. clan of oak? oakclan? ... no. no, that didn't ... feel right. brambleclan, perhaps? there were certainly plenty surrounding the trees. or ivyclan? but again, there was no feeling of rightness in their chest, as there had been when they had first stumbled into this place two nights ago. oh well. it would come, in it's own time. everything always did, or so their mothers had always said.

stretching, moth dragged their claws down the mossy base of the oak that had sheltered them, and would shelter them again, and their clanmates, and the generations which would come after them. a purr broke escaped them - home. yes. this was home. many others, they Knew, would sharpen their own claws against the bark here. the marks they left would be covered over, with others or reclaimed by the moss and ivy that furled it's way up the tree. so is the way life goes. it was so very comforting to moth. perhaps their descendants would never tell the story of this day, when moth first awoke after the exhaustion of finding Home by a drop of rain that worked it's way through the canopy or found a spot through it, or how they dragged their claws into the bark now. but that wouldn't matter. it would still shelter their descendants as surely as it sheltered them, their ancestors and the gods would watch over them, just as they had watched over moth.

patrol

mothstar | hp: 100% | hup: 0% | sick? n | they/them
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    active quests
    n/a

opted in for death?
    no

items used
    none

invetory
prey | 1 FP | x0 // prey | 2 FP | x0 // prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0 // prey | 3 FP | x0 // prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0 // herb | usage | x0 // herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0 // herb | usage | x0 // herb | usage | x0

info
* thera's gaze, the sun.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprite cranberry » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:35 am

Sprite | adult | she/her
lonely :'D

sprite cranberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gravis Cordis » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:04 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: Gravis Cordis
Clan link:The Fallen

The Fallen

Last Post
Last Reply

XXXXXXXXXXRiver was pleased to see that Fennel appreciated the mouse. Better yet, the loner had followed through in their promise to reward them. The lynx point trainee's fur was still warm with embarrassment from bumbling around and accidentally knocking into Fennel though.
His ears swiveled back as Roar piped up in response to Fennel. "River can be a bit dense sometimes, but he means well." Roar then sniffed the odd reward, a twisted bit of stone, and picked it up in his jaws after muttering a 'thank you' to Fennel.
River cocked his head to the side at the loner's mention of a less-than-friendly cat roaming about. However, he didn't get a chance to question Fennel before they disappeared into the underbrush.
He spun around to speak with Roar when Rain returned. River hadn't even noticed the she-cat leave. He'd been far too preoccupied fetching some prey for Fennel.
"Right! I'll grab one of those hedgehogs for you." He meowed with a friendly smile. Upon grabbing the prey, he noticed some herbs and shook them loose from its fur. Roar swiftly picked them up to take to Petal in case they would be of use to her.
It was then that the bushes began to rustle, and a scarred loner made his appearance. River stepped back and set down the hedgehog before quietly asking Roar what they should do.
Rain spoke before Roar even got the chance to. "Follow my lead."
She offered the loner a gentle smile. "Pardon our intrusion. We're only passing through the area." The loner remained silent for several long moments, and Roar added, "We'll be on our way, sorry if we disturbed you at all."
Together, with Rain carrying the rest of the prey, the party of three swiftly departed, hopefully leaving the unnerving loner behind.

XXXXXXXXXXThey returned to the ramshackle camp, laden with prey and herbs. River watched as Roar took the small collection of herbs to his sister, then went with Rain to deposit the prey between the roots of a nearby tree.
Strike approached the two cats, a purr rumbling deep in his throat at the sight of the bounty. "Well done! We'll be eating well tonight, by the looks of it."
Rain dipped her head humbly, and River quickly followed suit. "It was purely a stroke of luck that we found this." River nodded in agreement but otherwise remained quiet.
Strike looked at the trainee, green eyes clashing with teal. The heavy claw dismissed River with a flick of his tail, and River quickly made himself scarce. Looking over his shoulder, the young tom could see Rain debriefing Strike on what happened on the hunting patrol. She was likely telling the older tom about Fennel and the odd loner they briefly encountered.
Huffing, River trotted over to his mentor, who was chatting with Petal. He noticed that the two cats were in mid-conversation about something that, from the sound of it, was very serious. With a sigh, River turned and scanned the small clearing for Pine.
Pine had joined the ranks of The Fallen shortly before River was born but had already become close with many.
River trotted over to join Pine, hoping they could keep each other company.
The two toms talked for a bit, mostly about the journey so far and what might be in store for them. River, who had never been on such a journey, listened intently.
Pine was a strong cat who had traversed The Expanse since he was a kit. Although the tabby tom had never traveled with The Fallen before, most cats tended to trust Pine's word when it came to the Dried Savannah, which they had spent the past few days passing through. Pine was also fairly educated in The Burn, a stretch of land that had once been a fertile forest but was now a dusty wasteland of the charred.
From what River had heard, The Burn was an immensely dangerous portion of The Expanse. Even the most experienced cats of The Fallen had fallen prey to the creatures and harsh lands there.
River had never experienced the oddities of creatures outside of The Golden Penninsula. Since leaving a few days ago, they had thus far only encountered the typical animals and plants, if that.
Passing through the Dried Savannah, where very little could survive, their party hadn't run across much other than a few birds and reptiles.
Currently, River and the rest of the cats were on the edge of The Fractured Glades. It was a place River had heard very little about.
Roar trotted over to Pine and River, a hedgehog clasped in his jaws. "Hey, do you two want to share with me? Petal ate some bugs earlier, for some star forsaken reason."
Pine nodded and the three cats huddled together to eat the spiny treat. While prickly, hedgehogs had a surprising amount of meat on them. once you got past the little spines and whatnot.
Over on the other side of the clearing, Strike and Rain were sharing a squirrel, and they appeared to be discussing plans for the next few days.
Roar swallowed a mouthful of food and nodded toward the portion of the glades where the land began to rise into forested cliffs and ridges.
"We used to live here when Petal and I were kits. It's not as safe as The Golden Penninsula, but it's a close second." River gulped and shifted to look at Roar. Even Pine's curiosity had been peaked.
"Really? You mentioned traveling twice, was this the place you and Petal were born in?"
Roar shook his head, a fond smile on his face. "Oh, no no. Petal and I were born in a camp deep into the Dried Savvanah, the land we just passed through." River's jaw dropped. "Really! But it's so dusty and nothing lives there anymore..."
Roar nodded. "Indeed, that's why The Fallen had to move. When we were born, the lands had already been falling into poor conditions. That's when we moved here." Roar's eyes darkened slightly, though a smile remained on his face. "My littermates and I became trainees here."
River hummed under his breath. "Right, Petal and Spring."
"Mhm. Oddly enough, none of us felt the same calling. I'm a provider, Spring trained to be a heavy claw, and Petal felt the pull to train under our former healer, Shadow of Rocky Spire."
River glanced at Pine, who listened politely while still eating. After a beat of silence, Roar continued. "We had a brother, Egret Taking Flight, who was like me. Training to be a provider."
Teal eyes widened as River shuffled forward. Roar had a brother! "Wha-what happened? I've never heard of your brother before..."
Pine chose this moment to quietly make his exit. Roar didn't seem to notice and River didn't blame the older tom for leaving. Poor Pine was still somewhat uncomfortable with this sort of deep conversation.
The sound of Roar's voice made River's attention return to his mentor. "I'm not telling you this so you'll feel bad for me or Petal. I'm telling you so you can be prepared. Egret died on our first journey after we became apprentices. We traveled from here to the camp in The Golden Penninsula, but the conditions were much worse." Roar sighed. "It was leaf-bare then. Prey was scarce and predators were coming down from the Frozen Peaks." Roar shivered, his eyes distant as if reliving a horrifying memory. "We've had it easy so far. We got through the peaks in green-leaf. But the rest of this journey won't be so easy."
River looked away from his mentor, eyes glazed over as he peered into the darker parts of The Fractured Glades. If those days of travel were easy compared to what was ahead...River was worried. Scared that he wouldn't make it. That none of them would make it.
Roar nuzzled River's shoulder and when he looked up, River saw a comforting smile on his mentor's face.
"Don't worry River, I'll be here to lead you and help you through it all. And so will the rest of our companions. It'll be alright."
River nodded and leaned into his mentor's side. He was still worried, but with Roar's comforting words echoing on repeat, he felt like things would be alright.
Meanwhile, Pine trailed off into the forest, planning to go on a quick walk to clear his head. Maybe he could find some herbs for Petal?
[ 1,411 words ]

--level 2
experience: 234/300

--items in inventory used
1 hedgehog 3FP - Shared by Pine, Roar, and Rain
1 squirrel 3FP - Shared by Strike and Rain
Bugs 1FP - Eaten by Petal

--cats on patrol
Strike of Fierce Eagle | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Pine Needle on Forest Floor | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Petal That Dances in Breeze | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Rain Falling From Sky | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Roar That Rises at Dawn | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
River That Flows Through Mountain | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

--predators:
Foxes (Common)
Weasel (Common)
Eagles
Stray dog(s) (Rare)
--inventory
FOOD
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
Bugs | 1 FP | x1
Wood mouse | 2 FP | x2
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Hedgehog | 3 FP | x3
Squirrel | 3 FP | x3

--inventory
HERBS
Marigold | Prevents bleeding, inflammation, and stops infection | x3
Chickweed | Treats greencough | x4
Comfrey Root | Repaires broken bones and soothes wounds | x2
Chervil | Treats bellyaches and infected wounds | x2
Tormentil | Good for all wounds/extracting poison | x2
Bindweed | Binds sticks together to mend a broken/sprained bone | x2
Willow Leaves | Stops vomiting | x2
Oak leaves | Stops infections | x1
Burnet | Leaf used to give strength | x1
Elder leaves | Often used to treat sprains | x1
Gravis Cordis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ShotClan | Explore #1

Postby Forestwalking » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:30 pm

ShotClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
This was Shotluck's first time out exploring. He didn't quite know what to expect from this, but he was gonna give it his best. He crawled out of the makeshift den he created the night prior and went to go see what he could catch. Although this was his first hunt and he never did anything like this before, he had too high of expectations...his mind wandered, thinking about the prey he could catch, expecting to get a lot out of this.
[ 82 words ]

--cats on patrol
Shotluck Status: Alive | HP: 100% | HUP: 0% | Sick: ☒
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
Nothing.
None
ex. food, herbs, explore items
-- active quests:
None
I will take all of your unwanted items!
(Ignore wishlist in this case!)

Forestwalk | They/Them | Plural (Endogenic) | Adult
Forestwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:56 pm

Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
The brown molly's eyes widened at the news. The last time a fox was spotted in the territory was when Quartzbelly received a message from starclan, predicting Dovewing's departure. Was Starclan attempting to speak with the court once more?
Though starclan's existence was yet to be proven to the young cat, she was still desperate to talk to her ancestors.

"Impressive, Fishpaw. You are yet to encounter a fox but still identified the scent on your first try. I must've described their stink pretty accurately." chucked the she-cat as she looked down at her apprentice. Her mind wandered on the topic of what to do, she wanted this message to be for her but what if it was just a regular fox causing a threat to the clan? She would be exiled to the apprentice den if she acted alone.

Tilted her head, she picked up the herbs that she had collected. " As cool as it would be to arrive to camp with fox meat, I would never hear the end of it if i didn't retrieve back up. We must return to camp and fetch some escorts."

Fishpaw mirrored her mentor's movements and swifty picked up her catches and padded alongside the older cat, the route that they had came. "Why would Vixenbounce punish you for such if you are mates?" She hesitantly questioned.

Heartworm lifted her ear is surprise ," Because then she wouldn't be any better than Dovewing. A leader does not conform to special treatment." She meowed as they neared the stone path leading up to the gazebo entrance.

The brown color-point swayed her tail in understanding, she had heard little about the old leader as the white she-cat was exiled before she joined the clan. But everything she had heard made since with Heartworm's statement.

The two cats jumped up the white wooden staircase and made their way into the stucture that housed the heart of the clan, Fishpaw hurried to set her prey at the fresh-kill pile while her mentor approached Swallowpaw who was sunbathing on the fence that surrounded the camp. The tortoiseshell returned her a appreciative smile at the sight of the bundle of herbs. "Thank you !! I was actually running low on marigold !!"

Heartworm dipped her head to the medicine cat apprentice before padding along the camp to a group of warriors who sat exchanging stories of good hunts this past newleaf. The fire red pelt of Vixenbounce sat amongst the cats. "Vixenbounce, Fishpaw and I have encountered a fox scent too close for comfort. May I borrow some of your warriors?"

The leader looked up with a hint of annoyance but it was overlayed her love in her eyes for the daylight warrior. "Of course, Heartworm." She stood up on firm legs. "Batwhisker, Luckypond and I shall escort you. Suagrstep and Luckycharm will guard the camp."

The warriors called quickly arose to their feet and the party was quickly gathered, the arrangement of colored pelts made their way out of the camp and down the stoney path where the two cats were happily hunting earlier in the day.

[ 517 words ]

--cats on patrol
Heartworm | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Vixenbounce | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Batwhisker | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Fishpaw | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Luckypond | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

[size=90]--level 2
experience: 128/300

--inventory
mouse | 10FP | x4
sparrow | 2FP | x1
scraps | 1FP| x1
Minnow | 3FP | x1
vole | 1FP | x1
opussum | 4FP | x1

Lovage | usage | x1
celandine | usage | x1
Coltsfoot | usage | x1
Daisy leaves | usage | x3
Foxglove seeds | usage | x1
Bindweed | usage | x1
Tormentil | usage | x1
Mallow leaf | usage | x1
Lungwort | usage | x2
Horsetail | usage | x1
Feverfew| usage | x1
Dried Oak Leaf | usage | x1
Borage leaves | usage | x1
Raspberry leaves | usage | x1
Watermint | usage | x1
Willow bark | usage | x1
Elder leaves | usage | x1
Deadly nightshade | usage | x2
Fennel | usage | x1
sweet-sedge | usage | x1
Daisy leaves | usage | x4
water hemlock | usage | x1
marigold | usage | x1
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Chime ♡ He/him
♡ owner of heartcatch
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby espen. » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:40 am

my post was probably buried aswell--

here
ᴛʀᴀɴꜱ - ᴀɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ - ᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴꜱ
ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ - ᴄᴀʀʀᴅ - ᴛʜ - ᴘᴀɢᴇ - ᴘꜰᴘ

"𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕜"

have a smooth-tastic day!

espen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 am

quirky; wrote:my post was probably buried aswell--

here

The post you linked was replied to here.
Your most recent post has only been up for three days, please be patient.
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me