Variegated #143 by Mythz

Based on Click to view
Artist Mythz [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Variegated #143

Postby Mythz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:41 am

To adopt you must be at least level 1 or not have a founder in progress or a founder at all. You must have an open space to be able to adopt.

This is a partner comp with these two adopts! You may only enter for a maximum of two kits per person. Partner up with one or two other people!
This is to encourage development between clans, people, and characters!

What do they do/who do they turn to when they’re upset?
Max 1k words per person! This means you can have 2k words if there are two of you, and 3k words if there are three of you!
Unlimited art is allowed.

The sketch of this kid was completed by liightning!
End Date: October 4th

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to Partner/s Post:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan:
Description: Ragdoll (rare!); Blue-Cream classic torbie point
Siblings: n/a
Parents: n/a
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Variegated #143

Postby rainbowspongefactory » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:43 am

Username: rainbowsongefactory
Link to Partner/s Post: Griffin Torrens & honeybunchesofoats
Cat Name: Lavenderpaw (Lavenderblossom)
Clan: Rain Clan
Prompt: (725 words) + PMV
Lavender sighed as she trotted along side Apollo, an elder who was meeting up with her travelling friends. The kit never liked meeting new people, the thought alone made her feel like she was going to throw up. But, alas, Apollo made her tag along.

"Besides, some of my friends are bringing some kits your age too!" Lavender shuddered as she repeated the elder's words in her head, more cats? More kits I don't know? I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this...

They walked through the trees and came up to a clearing. A few elders were already there, talking about where they would go next. Lavender spotted the kits Apollo mentioned, a red tabby Somali and a chocolate Norwegian forest cat. She ran and hid behind Apollo, she didn't want them to see her and ask her to play. Unfortunately Apollo saw her plan and called the two kits over.

"Strawberry, Dreameater, come here!" The ragdoll started to panic and tried to run away, but the kits bounded over before she had the chance.
"I want you two to meet Lavender. Come on out darling." Her ears flattened when she heard Apollo, and peaked out from behind her legs. The Somali and Forest cat waited patiently for her to walk up before excitedly greeting her.

"Hi Lavender!" They spoke in unison. "Do you want to play with us? We're play fighting!" Lavender looked up at Apollo who just nodded and nudged her towards the kits.

"Uh- Okay, I guess" She mumbled and followed them into the clearing.

The group of elders and kits travelled for a few weeks, meeting various clans and making new friends. Lavender started to warm up to the other two and eventually came out of her shell after a few days, they played all day everyday, ate together, and slept together in a small cuddle pile. She could talk to them about anything, including her anxiety. She couldn't ask for better friends, but eventually it was time to say goodbye. The three kits parted and joined three neighbouring clans, Dreameater joined the The Order of the Yokai, Strawberry joined Birchclan, and Lavender joined Rainclan.

Lavenderpaw walked out of the medicine cat den, tiptoeing as to not wake her dads, Flamepetal and Magpiesong. She sighed a deep breath of fresh air as she emerged into the moonlight. It was so claustrophobic in there, it's not a small den, nor were there many other cats but she just felt so overwhelmed. She could hear the other cat's deep breaths as they slept reminder her that she should be asleep. It's the same as every night, at least the sky is clear tonight she thought to herself. She watched the stars here every night when she couldn't sleep.

"Lavenderpaw?" A voice called out from behind her. She jumped and spun around, ready to attack. "Woah, calm down it's just me." Lavenderpaw relaxed as her eyes met Flamepetal's face.

"You scared me! Don't sneak up on me like that again!" She looked back up at the stars as Flamepetal settled down next to her.

"Why are you out here?

"I can't sleep, never can. This is the first time I've been caught out here alone." She decided to be honest with him. He was the medicine cat after all and he could possibly help.

"Why didn't you tell me before? You know I've been trained to help all kinds of different problems, including yours"

"I'm not sure, I guess I just really suck at asking for help. I'm sorry" Lavenderpaw looked down at her paws as she knew what he would say next.

"Stop saying sorry for things you can't help." She bit her tongue so she wouldn't say sorry again, it seemed that was an appropriate time to apologise again but she knew she shouldn't.
"Come on, I'll get you some chamomile. That should help clear your mind and help you sleep." Flamepetal padded back into the den and Lavenderpaw followed closely.

She knew she could always trust Flamepetal with anything but it was just the actual asking for help that she couldn't do. If she could go to anyone it would most definitely be him. Or, if she knew how to contact them, she would meet up with Dreameater and Strawberry to play and distract her from her mind.

^^Click!^^
rainbowspongefactory

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn_cat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:32 am

Username: Aktori
Link to Partner/s Post: combined posts with .sins.
Cat Name: Hawkwing
Clan: Oakclan
Prompt:

The cold crisp air wisped across the canopy of the trees, making the gigantic oak trees sway in the swift breeze, silence fell throughout the forest. Not a single bird sang their morning tune or the squeaking of rodents in the undergrowth. It was like a spell was casted upon the forest creatures, for they new that something immense was about to happen. Then it happened, a heavy rainstorm had struck the forest, rainfall hitting the ground so hard that dirt splattered up from the onslaught of rain. As the rain hit the ground, winds grew stronger with every second, thunder was heard, roaring up in the heavens above. The loud explosion of lightning crackled throughout the forest.

Three young kits wondered the forest alone, scared, cold and lost. They didn't know what to do nor where to go but they had one goal in mind, to find a sanctuary until the storm passes. The wind buffeted the kits fur, sending their fur to a small fluffball, snow clung to their glamorous fur as they trekked through the forest. Paw prints were left behind in the damp dirt as they walked, but were eventually swallowed up by mud.

"I'm cold!" Shivered Hawk, her teeth chattering as she tried to yell above the howling winds and the heavy rainfall.

"We'll find shelter soon." Reassured Thistle. Their eyes bright with determination.

Eventually they saw their safe haven, a cave hidden in a base of a mountain. The forest had ended and all were left were a few scattered trees here and there. They attempted to climb up the tower of wet rocks, however the surface of the rocks was extremely slippery. Heaps of grey stones fell behind them as they stumbled up and down, as they attempted to reach the cave. After a few falls, they reached their secret hideout. The kits all battered and weary from the constant falls.

"Finally." Hawk sighed in gratitude, she was able to find warmth as the kits huddled up. At last, they were safe.

That was until they heard hissing in the depths of the dark cave. It came closer and closer, Hawk and Thistle looked alert while Fox, didn't seem to take notice. He had a puzzled look on his face as he tilted his head and perked up his ears as he watched the other two kits get terrified of something lurking in the dark. Fox was born deaf, he cannot hear a single thing however he has learnt to communicate through body language.

He finally observed what was happening and understood the other kits alertness. The fur on the back of his neck started to bristle, he will fight anything that comes their way, even though he's chilled to the bone. The hissing came closer and closer, until lightning had lit up the cave. They saw the fearsome creature, a young python that was hiding out the storm, the kits had disturbed it as they entered the cave.

Hawk and Thistle screeched in terror, they ran away to the entrance of the cave but realized there wasn't anywhere to go. It's either the hissing snake or they could attempt to survive the harsh thunderstorm.

Fox, not taking another thought, charged at the snake. He puffed out his fur and his tail bushed up, he looked three times his usual size and was growling menacingly, or so he believes he was. He was intimidating, the other two kits understood that fox would protect them, they hid behind him as he had a stare down with the snake. The snake coiled defensively and bared its sharp fangs at the kits, he finally had enough of the suspence and lashed his razor sharp claws at the snake, scratching it and drawing a little speck of blood. The snake looked at the three kits, outnumbered and slithered back into the crevice it was staying in.

When Fox gets upset, he turns into an aggressive murderous fluffball who will protect his friends and family with his life.

----
Thistle quickly started to nose their way through Fox's fur. checking for any bites or scratches. Not knowing exactly what to look for, they were trying their best to keep themselves from getting emotional about everything. Maybe it wasn't the best practice, to wear their heart on their pelt like they do, but they have yet to have been hurt by it. Finding nothing in the small grey cat's fur, they moved on to Hawk's. Again looking for something that just didn't seem right. Thistle could feel their throat getting tight, so they moved away and started to pace closer to the entrance. Their thick fluffy coat keeping the cold from affecting them too much. Why were they getting so worked up about all this? Was it the cold, and sudden fight, or was it the fact that the snow would make finding something for food harder than what the group needed right now? Did it even matter?

Sitting and trying their best to curl their fluffy tail around their front paws, Thistle tried to empty her mind fo the bad thoughts and only let the happy ones in. The cold helping them focus on other things as well, the feeling of the chilled wind touching their whiskers and nose. The flakes of frozen water collecting lightly on the smallest part of the tail that it could land on and slowly making the spot numb. Why was it that everything ever only seemed to go wrong? First the three of them were alone, then they couldn't find anyone to care for them, and now they are stuck in a cave with a snake and no food. Sure no one was hurt, but all Thistle wanted at this point was for them to have a warm place to sleep and no fear of going hungry for days on end.

--------
A couple of days after the traumatizing snake attack, the kits had ventured out from their secret cave. Hawk piped up, "I really think that snake didn't want to eat us. I thought about it for a while, but it would've ate us in our sleep!" Thistle nodded in agreement while Fox, lead the trio of kits through the dense forest. They eventually hit a twoleg village, where they encountered a snarky mean old she-cat. "What are you doing in my territory!" She scowled at the young kits in a loud booming voice. Terrified the kits huddled behind Fox while he puffed out his fur, he was their protector.

Hawk assessing the situation, took a deep breath in and faced the elder cat. "I'm sorry, we are just passing by. We don't wish you harm." Calmly said the little she-cat.

The old cat looked at the shivering little fluff balls and sighed, "You don't seem like a threat. My days on this earth had made me sour - and for good reason." The elder remarked. "You three look like you've been through a lot, where are your parents?"

The kits looked sadly at the older cat, "We don't know, we're orphans." Hawk answered quietly.

The elder stayed silent for a second, "I saw a group of older cats travelling through here a day ago. They headed north - perhaps you could catch up to them and they can find you a place to call home."

The trio looked at eachother, excitement filled their gaze. They thanked the elder, and headed north. They will find a place to call home.

Alas, the kits had separated. Thistle went on to their own clan that they thought would suit them better, while Fox and Hawk decided to stay together. One day they hope to reunite and to catch up. They will always have their unbreakable bond to each other.
------

If there was ever one thing that Thistle could count on, was their friendship, no kinship, with Fox and Hawk. No matter how far away they might end up, they knew that those two would always be there for them. They had been through too much for them to not have that non-severable bond.

Being older now, Thistleheart wanted nothing more than to see how their old friends were doing, and also feeling that they need to tell them all about their adventures in their new home. Sure they felt guilty for having ever left the two in the first place, but this trip was for them. Wading through streams and shallow rivers, pushing through brush and grasses, they followed the old path to their old home. Scared of what they might find, they pushed on until smelling the familiar scents of Hawk and Fox.

'Soon my old friends, I will tell you about my new life and you can be angry at me for leaving,' Thistleheart thought inwardly, their pace gradually picking up, until they were bounding towards the territory, only stopping once at the border. Sitting and waiting patiently for a patrol to come by and take them to the others.

Who else would Thistleheart turn to for comfort and good times, besides the two that she grew up with before leaving to find a more accepting place?
Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Mythz, liight and I have finally gotten together and judged this comp, and we were very impressed with the quality of the entries. I think all of us enjoyed reading through what you put together. Thankyou very much to the users who participated, it's clear everyone put in a lot of effort for this comp.

We would like to announce that the winners of these adopts are honeybunchesofoats, rainbowspongefactory and Griffen Torrens! 👏We were really impressed with the different perspectives of each of the kits, the writing was beautiful and you clearly worked very hard on your entries. The PMV was a wonderful touch and it really rounded out the entries and brought them together. Congratulations!!
x
x

I'm Arkin! ♪ they/them ♪ Adult
3D & 2D artist ♪ AEST ♪ Ravenclaw
All sig/profile art is by me!

useful links:
species I run:
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery