Re: Kalon #1457 - Flight of the uncaged bird

Postby darkjellies » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:41 am

Username;; Darkjellies
Kalon name;; Tori (Meaning: Bird)
ImageImage
What is this kalon's "Wings"?;; Tori is a very creative and artistic kalon, though most other kalons can't guess what art she's good at. Their first guess is usaully drawing, painting or sculpting. That's wrong. Tori can't draw worth beans. Or paint or sculpt. And before you ask, she can't sing, play any musical instruments or dance. Well, I mean, she can but not very well. (And by not very well I mean horribly.) Hm? What can she do? Well, why don't you ask her yourself. Ummm. I think she's over there.

Tori wrote:My art?.... I'm a glass blower! I love turning a bunch of molten glass into something that someone will treasure. The feeling of making something beautiful and unique is indescribable! But I'll try. It's... It's like I'm soaring high in the sky, almost floating, it's a feeling of immeasurable happiness. It's probably the happiness I've felt since-..... Since.... Since my parents died. I-I've got to go...

What is the story of their bird companion?;;
Bird companion...... Oh! You mean Truffle? He's less of a companion and more of a friend. To be specific, Tori's closest and dearest friend. I'm honestly not sure what Tori would do without Truffle. Anyway, if you want to talk to someone about Truffle, you shoulld talk to Tori. I'm pretty sure she's down by the stream, listening to music.

Tori wrote:Oh hi! You want to know about Truffle? Well, um.. When my parents died I was kinda confused and lost so I took to wandering the woods. And when I found him, abandoned and orphaned in some mushrooms, I felt... Well, connected to him. So, I nursed him back to health. My end goal was to release him back into the wild but I realized that I couldn't, as he'd never been taught how to hunt and care for himself in the wild. So, he stayed here with me. I mean, at first I tried to have him go to a nature preserve where they care for animals who can't return to the wild, but every time he was sent, he escaped and came back here. Eventually, they decided to just give him to me. Why did I name him Truffle? It's because, when I first found him it was a bunch of truffles he was in. And because of the fact that I had some non alcoholic chocolate truffles (condolence gift) and he tried to eat them, I never let him though. In any case, Truffle is my best friend, I adore him. See ya later.

Last edited by darkjellies on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

...SEA OF STARS  ──
┌   ──   ──   ┘ ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
....Image
Hey, I'm Darkjellies,
If you need anyone to talk to,
my pms are always open.
Have a good day!

──────────────────────
.......||- Signature Credit -||....

 ──   ──
- -
──────────────────────
There's a thin line
separating weird and
beautiful and that
line is covered in jellyfish.
Jellyfish are survivors
of everything that
ever happened to
everyone else.

──────────────────────

..██████████

STRANGE AND DEEP

darkjellies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:34 am

heckin res

..loki . they / them . link . ©
sleepy tired dinosaur

lions of avestia
kingswood acres
greyfall's maw - riy'lok
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: Kalon #1457 - Flight of the uncaged bird

Postby puddssoul » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:58 am

Username;; puddssoul
Kalon name;; Mirai, meaning future
What is this kalon's "Wings"?;; What gives them hope, passion, and freedom. What brings them to a place that fills them with belief that tomorrow will be better and makes them happy? Do they find their fire in writing, do they fly when making art? Interpret however you want.

In the trying times of the modern world that Mirai often finds herself stuck in, she's always found hope in the future -- or specifically, the next generation. Mirai loves children and helping to guide and shape them so that she knows the future will be a brighter place, starting with tomorrow and moving onto when she won't be in the world any longer to teach them. The idea of being a teacher until the end of her days and perhaps one day even forming a family of her own and raising her own leaders of tomorrow fills her with a joy she often finds hard to put into words. Her job as a kindergarten teacher, she can quite honestly say was her dream job from a young age. Others are often jealous when they see all of the care and love she puts into her students, as though each and every one were her own child and not just someone she was meant to mentor. From cleaning up messes of glitter and glue, to rolling out mats for nap-time, and handing out snacks, even dealing with temper tantrums, it's hard for her to imagine what she'd do with her life if she wasn't doing exactly that. Her fondest wish is that she'll be able to help create a generation that is kind to each other, and to the world that is so often mistreated, so they'll have a clean and wonderful planet to live on even for their own children.

The ground crinkled underfoot with bright leaves crunching beneath her paws as Mirai strode toward the cluster of children murmuring among themselves in a far too serious manner - never a good sign, especially at recess when they were normally running wild. She gently pushed between their ranks and saw one of them gingerly holding something brilliantly white in their tiny paws. With a bit of inspection she realized it was a small bird, the poor thing trailing part of an arrow someone had no doubt shot into it. Some of the children were beginning to cry, and she knew she had to do something - so over the next few days, Mirai (with the help of some useful research, as she was no bird expert) nervously nursed the avian back to health, each day hoping and praying she wouldn't have to explain the concept of 'death' to her flock of children. With her gentle care the bird seemed to be back to life entirely, but when she tried to release the little creature back into the wild, the bird refused to go. The feathered girl stuck close to Mirai, and with the children so happy, became sort of a mascot for the class, and a tiny shadow for the kalon. The two haven't been apart for longer than a few minutes since then.

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Armuris » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:24 pm

{ Username }
Armuris

{ Kalon name }
Joetta

{ What is this kalon's "Wings"? }

{ What is the story of their bird
companion? }

What do you want to be when
you are older?

This is a question everyone faces.
And every single time Joetta answers,
she gets laughed out. How are you
supposed to make a living off of that?

There hasn’t been a single kalon that
hasn’t made fun of her answer.

I want to be a dream walker.

Joetta’s mother had been the only one
to believe that she could make something
of it. She was the only one who believed.
To others, Joetta just has a strong
diagnosis of chronic fainting, but her
mother knew otherwise. Even as a kit,
Joetta was already a dream walker. There
was a common occurrence every time she
had one of her spells. Right before each
occurrence, a white sparrow would always
come and perch upon her paw.

Even after years of the same little bird practically living with her, she still hadn’t named the little guy, but he seemed to be the reason that Joetta had her gift. With each touch of the paw, Joetta was transported into another world where she was charged with helping someone. It seemed to be every time she was transported, there was someone who was alone and needed some assistance. That was Joetta’s job. No, she didn’t make a lot of money off it, or any for that matter. However, that didn’t stop her from loving every minute in different worlds with her little sparrow as her guide. Joetta prides herself on getting to help people. It’s her joy, her passion, her love. And the best part is she gets a cute little friend by her side the whole way. [273 words]
Armuris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiaa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:43 am

Username;; Kiaa
Kalon name;; Cenobia ("stranger" in greek)
What is this kalon's "Wings"?;;

Cenobia was born a prison guards daughter. As the eldest, she was shackled with the responsibilities of taking care of her younger siblings. Never really getting to have a childhood, she craved the adventure she read about only her storybooks. Knowing this could never be a reality, at least not for her. Her father worked late hours, meaning Cenobia would often put her siblings to bed animatedly reading the stories of adventure and courage to them. Acting out the scenes with vigor. Her siblings always ate it up and Cenobia loved making them laugh.
Though travel will always be Cenobia's dream. She is resigned in the fact that being a parent is her job right now, and if given the choice. She would never leave her siblings, the memories of them growing, watching their first steps and hearing their first words is all the adventure she truly needs.

Cenobia is not really sure what happened to her little friend, Chiperia. Cenobia found her nestled all next to her favorite reading spot. Chiperia had a broken wing and Cenobia, being used to caring for others and having such a soft heart took her in and cared for her. Chiperia was so small that Cenobia guess she was only a babe. Her little companion now follows her everywhere and is one now one of the few friends that Cenobia feels comfortable telling anything to. Her dreams, her aspirations, and her fears. Cenobia never tries to keep Chiperia on a tight leash and lets her come and go as she pleases.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Perpetual Night Owl
Hello! I'm Kiaa,
I've got a deep facination
for myths, lore, bones,
genetics, art, and owls.

My Kalons
Pixel Credit

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Kiaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Username;;
Spirit23wolf
Kalon name;;
Aria
What gives me wings? Hmm now that is a good question but to answer it you will have to hear the beginning of my story then I will tell you. I was a young kit out in the world an orphan I wondered the streets for months barely alive. Soon I found a place it was a gang they took me in and for the first time I was well fed and warm. But my gang wasn’t interested in loving me they tortured me burned there mark into my skin turned me in to a killer they used to call me the diablo silencioso.(Silent devil) I lost who I was I became a shell of my self not really living but not really dead. At 9 I was the best fighter and assassin no one could beat me. But then I met my brother he was kind and sweet and loved me like no one else. We got assigned to many jobs together and one day he walked into my room and saw me crying curled up on the bed he asked me what was wrong. The only thing I managed to say was I hate killing he sat with me not saying anything just being there for me. The next day after we got our job instead of going the way we were supposed to go he went the other way when I asked were he was going he said we are leaving you are only 12 Aria this is no world for a young woman. So we left and never looked back. Now back to your question although I think it’s been answered the person that gives me my wings is my brother. Unfortunately not to long ago he went missing but that’s a story for another time.
(300/300 words)

Ahhh now that is another good question my friend you see it was maybe a week after my brother had gone missing when I was walking through the forest searching always searching. When I caught a scent on the wind one I knew better than my own it was my brother Tristan! I ran as fast as could following my nose and my instincts hope making me run faster than ever before. But when I got there he was no were to be seen the only thing was his red necktie that he never took off ever. I knew than that this was him telling me to stop looking he was telling me that when the time was right he would find me again. But then i heard a tiny little cheep coming from the bushes it sounded scared and loney i knew just how it felt. I started searching and under a prickle bush there was the tiniest little pure white sparrow it was then that i knew this tiny bird was a present from my brother because white is my favourite color and sparrows are my brothers favourite kind of bird he used to call me his little sparrow. He was also an orphan just like i was It was then i knew that i would never truly be alone again with this new little friend and protector by my side. I decided to name the sparrow tristan after my brother i took him home and raised him and hes been by my side ever sense. Its been a year sense that fateful day i haven't seen my brother sense but once in a while i swear that i caught his scent i know now that he will always be watching over me his little sister his sparrow.
(300/300 words)
Last edited by Spirit23Wolf on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlToTheWind » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Username;; HowlToTheWind
Kalon name;; Paloma de luto (Mourning Dove)
What is this kalon's "Wings"?;; What gives them hope, passion, and freedom. What brings them to a place that fills them with belief that tomorrow will be better and makes them happy? Do they find their fire in writing, do they fly when making art? Interpret however you want.
300 word, 1 art piece maximum. You can do one or the other, or do both.
300 word, 1 art piece maximum. You can do one or the other, or do both.

Major wip!!
Cain ∙ all prns ∙ isfp ∙ capricorn
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
thstableart shopcredit
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"stop thinking so much"
HowlToTheWind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowlondon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:29 am

Username;; Snowlondon
Kalon name;; Lenore (meaning light)
By candlelight a figure writes, imagining fanciful plights,
That then she puts on parchment, so that they may be read by all.
The more she jots down with her quill, the more she begins to feel a thrill,
How it threatens to come out and spill!— this, made up of penned words.
And then unfurl the sapphire wings— more, made up of penned words.
Watch!— Lenore flies with the birds.

Lenore, named from the poem The Raven, adores poetry. She loves nothing more than sitting by a small window, writing her poems. When she writes, she feels her words are more than plain words. They take the form of wings, and with them, she soars high.

She prefers writing poetry over anything else. To her, other more structured writing, such as journalism, is a cage. Only with poetry, where there are no arguments to debate, or points to give, can she find peace. With poetry, she can truly express herself, raw as it is.

You are unlikely to meet her, as she is rather reclusive. If you did, you'd see her whimsical personality. She is the kind who can get lost in thought for hours on end, dreaming about something or other. She also has a flair for drama - it's why her poems are so appealing.

A lonely kalon needs a friend, to stay by her side 'til the end,
A pure white avian volunteers, though he is so young and small.
Or maybe it's because of his size, that he sees with knowing eyes,
And he knows that she is like him, in so many, many ways.
He listens raptly to her poems, in his many, many ways.
Yes— the bird on which you gaze.

Lenore met Raven long ago. While he isn't actually a Raven, she decided that every good poet needs a raven companion, and named him accordingly.

As the story goes, Lenore was reciting a work of poetry. Her voice rang loud and clear, and a nearby bird was intrigued, and flew to the windowsill to listen. He probably just wanted food, but Lenore took it as a sign he liked her poems, and decided to make him her partner.

Personality wise, Raven is as different from Lenore as can be. Ironically, it's him, the bird, that keeps them from floating up too high - Raven is practical enough to keep Lenore within reasonable distance from the ground.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Snowlondon!
xxxxxxxxYou can call me Snow. I use
xxxxxxxxshe/her pronouns, and I love
xxxxxxxxwriting, drawing, and baking.
xxxBest Friend x Art Instagram x My Art Shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snowlondon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery