DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open!

Postby weegeestar5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 am

this isn't me,

this isn't you,

but it's just everything we do,

till you open up your eyes, and understand this isn't real

Username: weegeestar5
Kennel Number: #48
Use: I would love to use them as a character! We all know that I have many, many OCs, and continue to develop many warrior cat OCs in particular. I absolutely love natural cat designs, so when I saw their design I instantly fell in love with their natural, yet simple, design! There were some other natural cat characters in the kennels, too, so I began to slowly develop a story between them, and fell in love with the concept.

strongly linked to heatherlight & videre

Name: Darkfeather
Species and/or Breed: Cat

Personality:
Darkfeather is a very active cat. Darkfeather is often on his paws, and becomes bored if he can't move his paws. Darkfeather finds that if he is not active, he feels as if he is not contributing to his friends. As a result, Darkfeather rarely seems to take a moment's rest. Darkfeather is an incredibly reliable individual, who can be trusted with many tasks at hand. He knows that he has responsibilities, and aims to fill them to the best of his abilities. If Darkfeather says he will do something, he will do it. Though this doesn't necessarily mean right away - Darkfeather will complete tasks when he sees that it's fit to do so. Darkfeather, however, has no problem with squeezing in favours for loved ones into his routines. Despite his brash nature, Darkfeather is a very caring individual. He cares deeply for others - whether he knows them or not. He believes that all strangers deserve basic kindness, and the only ones who don't deserve this are those that are cruel. His strong sense of morals ties with his caring nature, and makes it so if he feels that someone is being treated unfairly, he will act to stop it - often regardless of the consequences that may occur as a result. After his Clan causing so much unhappiness, he wants to give happiness to others - almost as if he's apologising on behalf of those that have wronged others.

Of course, Darkfeather has negative qualities, too. Darkfeather is often grumpy and blunt. Darkfeather is rather short-tempered, and finds that small things often frustrate him. However, even when frustrated, Darkfeather doesn't take this out on others - he's more likely to claw at a tree than to claw at someone. Darkfeather is also cautious - exceedingly cautious. Perhaps this caution was once a strength in his old Clan, but now this caution makes him unable to trust others; always secretly worrying about another motive. Until he can trust you he will watch your every move closely, and may growl at the smallest of mistakes. This is primarily due to the fact that Darkfeather is an overprotective individual. Once he is close to someone, he will do his best to protect them no matter at what cost. This protectiveness leads to a refusal of letting strangers getting close to him easily, and causes him to be wary of those who approach his loved ones. Darkfeather doesn't want to see anyone get hurt - but much less his loved ones, which is why he is so overprotective of them.

History:
Darkfeather was born in DarkClan, and is the littermate to Heatherlight. He was born to the previous leader, who mysteriously disappeared one night. Darkfeather was never told what happened to her, but believes that - with the current leader being as corrupted as he is - his mother is likely dead. The prefix "Dark-" was certainly an odd name choice to give to a cat within DarkClan, but the reason for this is that his mother knew, from StarClan, that her destiny was already written in the stars, and wished to desperately believe that he had a great destiny.

Growing up, Darkpaw began to realise that his Clan was utterly corrupted. He remembers the elders whispering of the days of old - when his mother was leader - and how peaceful things were then. Now, it seemed as if his Clan was getting into fights every moon and constantly stealing territory and prey from other cats. Darkpaw did not believe in the views of his Clanmates - still holding his mother's words close to his heart. However, Darkpaw was clever enough to not blatantly disagree with their methods and ways - but rather simply brushed off the trickery of the other cats. His mentor never realised that Darkpaw secretly consistently disagreed with the Clan's views. After a few moons of training, he noticed that Heatherpaw seemed eager to learn, and naïve enough to believe the lies. When he approached her about it, she simply brushed it off as him being paranoid. Something inside of him knew that there was no way to convince her otherwise. She was already lost to them.

Life was relatively... Well, not peaceful, but things were okay. Though Darkpaw - now Darkfeather - participated in more battles than he could count, he was lucky enough to avoid fatal wounds. After one battle, a prisoner from the opposing side was taken into the camp. This cat was barely fed, and was primarily used to get the other side to agree to their demands. Darkfeather's conscience couldn't allow him to sit back and watch another cat be treated like this, and so, one night, he helped the prisoner sneak out of the camp. However, a group of deceitful and calculating cats are not oblivious - they noticed their leaving soon after they had left. Though they never found the prisoner, they did find Darkfeather. As punishment, he was forced to live as the prisoner did for a couple of moons. When Heatherlight got the role of guard duty, he expected sympathy, but, instead, he was greeted with a cold "you know you shouldn't have done that".
"What about that cat?"
"What about the good of the Clan?"
Darkfeather hardly saw how expanding their already very large territory would help his Clan, but he had the sense to not continue arguing. As a result of this, Darkfeather became far more sneaky when it came to helping others.

After a few moons, a rumour began to spread around the camp about prophecy kittens. Instantly, Darkfeather felt anxious, and wondered which of the kittens in the nursery was the kitten with the powers - and, undoubtedly, the trouble to come. However, Boulderstar never took much interest in the nursery. And it soon became clear why.

Boulderstar announced that the prophecy kittens belonged to a rogue family that lived near the edge of their borders. Darkfeather knew what this meant. There was no chance that the rogues would be peacefully invited into the camp. Luckily, though, Darkfeather wasn't chosen to launch the sneak attack, and instead simply waited at camp.

Heatherlight's intentions immediately came across to Darkfeather as malicious - even more so when she was chosen to raise the kittens. He was extremely worried about this. After a while, Videre's two siblings mysteriously disappeared - or so they were told. This was due to it being clear that Videre had the powers.

Darkfeather approached Heatherlight about this. Asking if it was worth it. Asking how she could be so cruel. Heatherlight, needless to say, was not happy with this. The two got into a very big argument and eventually a fight. It only stopped when Darkfeather fled from his sister. After this, the two never seemed to get along again. When asked, both would reply "I have no sibling".

After that, Darkfeather tried to prove his loyalty to the Clan - in hopes they would trust him to mentor Videre. However, his past of helping others worked against him, and he was not chosen. He watched nervously as Videre's powers were stretched to the limit, and found this unfair to the young cat.

One day, after Videre's graduation, he was out on patrol with them and another cat. Thinking quickly, he asked the other cat to report something back to camp. Quickly, he then told Videre the truth. He could barely stand to look them in the eyes when he told them, but when he did, he saw so many layers of hurt and betrayal in their eyes.

Videre no longer wanted to live with the Clan. And Darkfeather couldn't blame them. He knew that he would be blamed for Videre's escape, and so decided that he would flee with them. He also felt a duty to protect them and teach them how to truly survive. The two fled in the middle of the night. Darkfeather began to take on a fatherly role to the young cat, and they trusted him completely.

They fled to a small, sheltered clearing outside of DarkClan's territory. However, all is not peaceful. They feel as if they still have to keep a watch for Heatherlight - Darkfeather feels as if he barely recognises his sister anymore, and believes that she truly has turned evil.

Extra(s):
by me [shown in videre's form]
-> story
-> relationships

flybythemoon

this isn't me,
this isn't you,
this is everything but true,
till we come to realize, it's what we put each other through
Last edited by weegeestar5 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fudge » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:02 am

🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ
ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴠɪsɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs
🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙

Username: Fudge
Kennel Number: 31
Species and/or Breed: Cats
Use: Stories and artwork!
Name: Indigo and Alina
🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙
Personality:
Indigo is an introvert who would rather spend their time at the library with their head stuck in a book then interacting with others.
They're portrayed as the moon in the legend, with them blocking out the sun's light at night so that it couldn't shine through. They don't think of themself like a selfish liar though, and often think of themself as neutral.
🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙 🌙

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀
Alina is an extrovert who loves spending time with family and friends and sharing their kindness with other people. Rumors state that they were an experiment by a science goddess named Linea, but Alina doesn't believe this despite not even knowing who her parents are.
They're portrayed as the sun in the legend, with them shining the light through in the day but their light getting blocked by the moon in the night.
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

History:
No one who has ever studied the legend of the two kittens knows if they were born or really made by Linea. In fact, the legend isn't even very clear as nobody on Earth knows where and what planet the legend originated from anyways.
The legend states that Linea, the science goddess, wanted two unusual kittens that were able to talk like humans, but she also wanted them with power.
At the same time, the other science god, Yorr, was working on making a star to light up the planets that are now Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
Together, they created what is now what the people on Earth call the sun. They placed it in the solar system for all of the planets to revolve around.
And then they created Luna, Earth's moon. But there was two major problems; these kittens had somehow become the sun AND the Earth's moon.
They were now basically duplicates of them. The gods couldn't believe their eyes. The darker kitten, Indigo, had the power to turn into Luna, and the pink kitten, Alina, had the power to turn into the sun.
There couldn't be two suns and two moons revolving around Earth. Earth wasn't set up to have two, that was the problem. And another sun in the solar system could be very deadly to all the planets.
"What have we done?" cried Linea.
"We've created a disaster. These... these kittens have the ability to turn into the sun and Earth's moon." said Yorr.
"Then we have to do something.." Linea panicked.
"Like what? We can't kill the kittens." Yorr pointed out.
"We might have to. I... I don't know how to fix this otherwise." Linea said.
"Linea, you can't just kill them." Yorr said firmly.
"But they're a danger to the universe and the planets, and most importantly, themselves." Linea sighed.
"We'll send them out onto the planet Sware, with the humans on the planet." Yorr finally said.
"There's one thing we need to do first. Send them off to the forget god, Zald. They need to forget each other and forget the fact that they're immortal." Linea explained.
"And the fact that the Indigo can turn into the Earth's moon and Alina can turn into the sun." Yorr added on.
"Let's send them to Zald." Linea said.
"They're off." Yorr said, sending himself and the two kittens to the forget god.

"Huh?" Zald said upon seeing the two kittens.
Yorr appeared in front of the two kittens.
"We have a problem. May you make these two kittens forget something before I send them off to planet Sware?" Yorr asked Zald.
"Oh, uhm, yes I can. What do you need them to forget?" Zald asked.
"Of each other's existence, the fact that they're immortal." Yorr said.
The forget god grabbed the two kittens, set them in different rooms of his castle, and erased their memories.
"Anything else they need to forget?" Zald asked.
"Oh, yes. Indigo, the darker one, needs to forget the fact that they can turn into the Earth's moon, and the pink one needs to forget that they can turn into the sun of the other planets around Earth." Yorr said.
The forget god did just that, and erased those memories too.
"It's done. Now do you want me to send them off by dragon?" Zald asked.
"Yes please. Off to Sware." Yorr smiled.
And with that, both kittens were off on different dragons.
Extra(s):

flybythemoon
Last edited by Fudge on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 9000 times in total.
melody | she/her | INTP | ♡
~Keep calm and carry on~
sig credit!

Image Image Image
Fudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lumi_Turtle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:25 pm

ImageImage
Username: -Kazan-

~~~~~

Kennel Number: 20

~~~~~

Species and/or Breed: Celestial Familiar

~~~~~

Use: I would use him as a familiar for a character of mine in a certain storyline I don't really like posting, but pm me for the details?

~~~~~

Name: Kashikoi

~~~~~

~~~~~

~~~~~

Personality: Calm and Sophisticated, yet has a dry sense of humor

~~~~~

History: Lashikoi as a small Yokai always wanted to be free, he didn't see the reasoning in becoming a familiar. All familiars did was work and serve their owner, but Kashikoi didn't want to be that, no matter what anyone told him. He would go and play pranks on people and have fun, why would he want to get rid of that? He started out his story at around 200 years old when he was a teen. He was going to look for potential people to prank, when he found Sunā. Sunā was an outgoing, rough child who was a thief. For some reason, Kashikoi was intrigued by her rash nature and wanted to learn more. He stayed in the shadows, watching what she did out of curiosity day by day. However, one day, Shnā saw Kashikoi. She immediately wanted him to be her familiar since her dream was to have one of her own, but he declined. She would come back everyday to get him, but was rejected each time. This soon became a habit and Kashikoi became used to it. One day though, Sunā didn't appear. Kashikoi thought that maybe she took off a day or something. So he went for a walk in his human form around town. He looked at the bustling streets, stole a couple apples, and ran off into the deserted district. While he was strolling around, he heard a ruckus coming from one of the darker alleyways and went to go check it out. There he saw, to his dismay, little Sunā, all beat up and out of breath, standing there, while two rogues took her money. He had to do something, but what if what he did made it worse on Sunā later when she didn't have him? He then threw all those thoughts aside and slipped into the alleyway, unnoticed. He returns to his original form, his golden eyes shining like two flashlight beams. The rogues turned around, thinking it was a dog, but when they saw him, they immediately scrambled out of there, saying they'd come back to finish what they started with Sunā. Sunā saw Kashikoi and ran towards him. Kashikoi was a bit dazed due to the transformation,but realized what she was going to do. He tried to leap back, but Sunā was too quick, embracing him. The contract was sealed with a hug, according to Kashikoi's at least. Kashikoi yelled, "What did you do?! Release me now!" "Yay, I got a familiar!" Sunā replies, " Is that how you should speak to your new owner my little familiar?" Kashikoi was so annoyed, he had no words and trudged on with her back into the city (in human form). Little did he know, that by being Sunā's familiar, his world would expand so much more than it ever could have
Extra(s): The gods of his favorite things, kaleidoscopes and galaxies!

~~~~~

Kaleidoscopes
Sleeping
Pranks

~~~~~

Dislikes:
His owner
Humans
Cleaning
Manual Labor

~~~~~

flybythemoon
now a dead acccount
Lumi_Turtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpotSong » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Mark
https://artfight.net/~SpotSong

ImageImageImage

SpotSong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Bump!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:31 am

One more day to work on forms! This will close after midnight MST tomorrow, so please finish your forms by then <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:17 am

Now closed!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | closed for judging!

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:22 am

Hey, all! None of the judges have responded yet, I'm going to give them one more day and if no one responds I'll judge myself. I hope that's okay with you all!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | CODE DROP + hiring!

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 am

Hello, all! Sorry this took a while to get around to this time, only one of my judges responded and this overall was a very challenging round to sort through. Thank you ABeardedDragon for all the help you gave me in looking over the many amazing forms this round!

Kennel 3 (Jewl) goes to Weegeestar5!
art by Jemima!
This was very well written, and a difficult toss-up between Weegestar and T4Q's, but in the end I had to choose and I'm very glad to give this character to you!

Kennel 13 (Cindy) goes to Konata.!
Base by violetpetal-adopts ; by Design by nyahnya on dA
Second and third pieces by Ittam
Very good form! I really love how much you added this time! <3

Kennel 15 (Videre) goes to Weegeestar5!
LA - Coalchaser D - Bostonlobstah
there are so many duels between Weegestar and T4Q's this round, my goodness. This one was extremely close but I'm going to end up giving this character to Weegee!

Kennel 20 (Kashikoi) goes to -Kazan-!
art credit unknown
I really liked your form and I'm glad to give Kashikoi to you! My one thing would be that the color of the text made your form difficult to read. The text itself, though, was very good!

Kennel 31 (Indigo and Alina) go to Fudge!
art credit here
A solid form that I really enjoyed reading through! These two are yours!

Kennel 39 (Dayvo) goes to Weegeestar5!
revamp by crutchie_ , lineart by Fellefan
WolfireX, lines by Tealea
Brilliant form as always my friend!

Kennel 48 goes to q1q2q3q4
art by me!
I had so much trouble deciding between Weegee and t4qs, even beyond knowing how much you both love characters and take care of them. In the end Beardy and I went with T4Q's form! I really loved the story and art!

Kennel 109 goes to q1q2q3q4!
art credit unknown
by byyrde
This one was incredibly difficult as I was someone trying out for this character but Beardy gave me some well-written opinions and said that they thought while T4Q's form was longer, the history was just bullet points and they thought my form showed more personality. Some of what they said here, as I feel it's important for this because I'm a part of it.
ABeardedDragon - "I think yours was more developed than q4s, especially personality, q4 had more writing but it was mostly just bullet points?"
Me - "I don't know what to do with my form compared to q4's honestly, as I didn't finish history, you know? Should that change who the character goes to?"
ABeardedDragon - "Yeah, I did think about those two for a while but yours just felt more.. charactery? If you'd want to give them to q4 then I'm good with that, it was sort of close for me"
Both my art pieces in my form are yours, friend!

- - - -

those who didn't win -
WolfTales - Your form was a good start but I'd love to see you expand on the ideas you already have for the next round!
Eleya - no problem, friend! I hope to see you writing stuff later!
SakuraFawn - your form was incredibly short and I'd want to see you expand on this quite a bit!

- - - -

A couple things to close out!
- Please wait to post new forms until I edit the kennels.
- if you're going to be reposting a form, please change the code word! This will be changed when I update the kennels.
- if I have forgotten to mention any forms please let me know!
- And finally, I'm going to be wiping the staff list apart from ABeardedDragon and Prophecy and be hiring new judges! I need people willing to give me opinions on forms other than their own each month.
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | closed - CODE DROP! + hiring

Postby weegeestar5 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:35 am

oh man, you're right sun, T4Qs and I were definitely duelling this round pfff
your forms were definitely amazing, T4Qs! definitely had me nervous and going to some extreme development lol, but it was definitely fun! ill be recolouring the art that I did for 48 since it was specific to the story ;v;
but aa thank you so much sun for dayvo, videre and heatherlight !! I really appreciate it ;v;

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me