✦ Pawsteps - WC ARPG - Weekly Challenges ✦

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

✦ Pawsteps - WC ARPG - Weekly Challenges ✦

Postby cryptpuppy » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:34 pm

Image©
StartersShop & Currency ExchangeClan ActivitiesWeekly Challenge
DiscordFanclubCo-op Archive

Weekly challenges are art or writing challenges that are posted weekly (starting Sunday, ending the following Saturday) and reward your efforts with clan points, the ARPG's currency, towards shop items and even for-currency cats to adopt into your clan.

Current Challenge
July 16th-22nd wrote:With the influx of cats settling into their territory and clan ranks growing, how does your clan, or leader, handle the responsibilities of teaching these new mouths to feed how to be a clan? What unique challenge is your leader facing with deciding who is their second-in-command and who is to help the sick cats and interpret Starclan's messages?
Writing: min. 50 words; max. unlimited*
Art: min. uncolored sketch; max unlimited*

*You may not edit your writing/art to add onto it once it is submitted! This prompt's submissions may only be edited to fix spelling errors or artwork errors that were not noticed upon submission.

Challenge Grading Scale

Writing:
    every 50 words: +5cp
    every 100 words: +10cp
    every 500 words: +25cp
      350 words would be 30cp+5cp = 35cp
      550 words would be 50cp+25cp+5cp = 80cp
Art:
    icon/piece of cat (ex: paw): 5cp
    halfbody of cat: 10cp
    fullbody of cat: 20cp
    ———————————————
    uncolored sketch: 5cp
    colored sketch: 10cp
    clean lines: +10cp
    shading/highlighting: +10cp
    ———————————————
    transparent/pattern background: +0cp
    scenery background: +20cp
    Multi-cat Interaction: +cp total for each cat.
    ———————————————
    What counts as art for the weekly prompt?
    Cat interactions, depictions of storytelling, territory maps, pretty much anything related to your clan! Just give a brief description to your artwork of how it relates to the prompt.
Last edited by cryptpuppy on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ Pawsteps - WC ARPG - ARPG Challenges ✦

Postby BananaSnake » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:49 am

(sorry, I keep adding to it!)

Prompt 1

From this day forward, you, Risingtide, shall be named Risingstar.

The spirit’s words rung in Risingstar’s ears as she woke up. Although it had been a dream, she felt like it had been real. Maybe, just maybe, it had been? She stretched, yawning, and thought back on what the cat had said in her dream. Something about old Clans dying out and her having to carry on their traditions? She shrugged and prepared to leave her roomy cave. Suddenly, she found herself thinking about having other cats in the cave with her. Surely there was enough space for a whole group of cats here? She had only explored a tiny bit, and it stretched far down. Sure, the water came up occasionally, but that was why she dug an escape tunnel.

Feeling hungry, she walked carefully down to the tide pools. The tide was out, as she knew from moons of watching and analysing patterns. Maybe that was something she could teach other cats? She looked down into one of the pools, searching for prey, and saw stars in it. What? She shook her head and they were gone. Maybe the spirit was sending her a message? She looked around and saw for a split second all of the pools had stars in them. Somehow, she knew that these pools were special. “Can I eat from these pools if they’re sacred?” she wondered out loud. As if in answer to her question, the stars appeared once again in the pools.

She thanked them, although she really didn’t know why. The pools had been a source of food for her for many moons, but now it seemed… respectful? Again, she didn’t really know why. “So I have to recruit some cats?” she said. “Shouldn’t be too difficult.” And a Clan had to have a name. “Hmm… how does TidepoolClan sound?” she wondered. “The pools have given to me my whole life, and they contain spirits in the shape of stars. Yeah, I think I can make this work!”

Suddenly filled with determination, she stared into the pool, once more full of stars. “I give you my solemn oath. As long as I, Risingstar, live, you will not be forgotten!”

(361 words/20cp)
Last edited by BananaSnake on Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BananaSnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selkirks » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:19 pm

prompt 1 - 7/10/23

Whisperstar gulped down a sigh. Why them? Sure, they had eight lives, but couldn't the stars just give any other cat eight lives and send them on some important mission? Whisper felt rightfully sore after being launched at a cave wall at what felt like a thousand miles per hour. This pain could be a permanent issue considering the unusual circumstances surrounding Whisperstar's death-revival shenanigan. Whisperstar did feel as if they should help the star-furred cats. They did revive them (but also give them eight lives, which was both a blessing and a curse, but Whisperstar didn't want to dwell on that now.) Besides, perhaps Whisperstar's deceased fallen were the deliverers of the urgent message. They couldn't ignore the notice, then. Whisperstar felt guilt at their reluctance- the stars had blessed them with seeing his deceased family one more time, and they gave them multiple chances at life, even resurrecting Whisperstar. The least Whisperstar could do was help the stars, but the entire existence of StarClan was still confusing and somewhat frightening to them, and what if they were hurt? Sure, they had eight lives, but Whisperstar didn't want to waste any of them. They regretted not spending enough time with their family, and now that they have multiple lives, they desired to make the most of them.

Reluctance. Whisperstar would react with hesitation and guilt because of it. A cat with many conflicting emotions, Whisperstar was always on the cautious side. Still, being family-oriented, they couldn't resist a chance to help their deceased family.

Of course, Whisperstar's constant worrying and anxiety would heavily impact their decision. What if they died? Got hurt? There were too many scenarios in which Whisperstar saw death.

After Whisperstar fought with themselves over the message, they'd weigh the pros and cons. Maybe they could see their family? Properly thank the stars for their eight lives and revival? That's a pro. But the cons? Numerous. Death, injury, being lost, failing StarClan, failing their family.

Well, now Whisperstar is back at the beginning, fighting with themself over which option they choose. Whisperstar was never one to take risks, always preferring to stay on the safe side of things.

But where is the fun in that?

But where's the safety in risks?

Obviously, Whisperstar has zero idea of what to do, constantly fighting with themself. They knew they couldn't do anything as long as they were conflicted.

But there was a calling for Whisperstar. Out of every single cat, it was Whisperstar. The thought invigorated them: the stars chose them for such an important task. To save the legacy of clans and to protect the culture that existed long before Whisperstar themself did.

So many cats trusted Whisperstar to lead, to help cats around survive as one clan. And who would Whisperstar be to decline? It wasn't about them. It was about the lives of cats around as well. If they could unite, survival would be imminent. Perhaps Whisperstar would warm up to the idea. Just maybe.
selkirks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✦ Pawsteps - WC ARPG - Weekly Challenges ✦

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:47 pm

Prompt 1

Art response: here

Completed: 07/10/23

My Clan post: MoorClan

Notes: it does have shading (it's soft spray tool shading), I apologize if Heatherstar's cat coat is not exact to her sprite, the BG is a night sky, grass, and that is supposed to be a huge rock like you find at Stonehenge.

Please let me know if I did anything wrong, I will try and correct it or do better next time <3 Kite
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WinglessSeraph » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:22 pm

The wind whistled through the trees as it carried a soft snore through the forest. The moon was brighter than normal, the stars seemed to dance within the sky. Skywatcher laid among the snow, a dusting upon her coat as she slept in the clearing between the trees. The blue she-cat had been traveling as a Nomad for a few years and found no issue sleeping among the forest, though she much preferred the nests of her former clan. A gentle nudge woke the she-cat from her slumber yet Skywatcher still felt the tiredness seep into her body. Three starry felines stared at the she-cat with crystal clear eyes, sending a shiver down her spine. 

The cats motioned for her to follow, waiting for her to step forward. The she-cat was hesitant as she was unsure of the situation she was in, but once she began to move forward, the starry cats took the lead. Skywatcher attempted to speak, but no sound left her mouth as shushing echoed in her ears. Before long, she recognized the area she was in. It was the former home of the Tribe of Golden Sunsets before the war that ravaged the clans and the tribes. 

Watcher of the Sky had visited the tribe once in her youth during a mission to feed her starving clan. The cats were kind, even sending a few of their Hunters to help gather prey for the clan. It had been years since then and now both groups were gone. Survivors of the war went their own way, though Skywatcher had heard that a settlement had made itself home across the valley. 

The cats ahead of her soon stopped before a cave opening, the rush of a waterfall quietly echoing through the tunnel. Your tribe shall settle here, the stars twinkled. You shall be the judge of the land and allow us to live in peace. You will be the Tender of the Golden Pool.

Skywatcher blinked at the cats and when her eyes had opened once more, she was standing under the moon's soft light. The cats she had been following were gone and she now stood before the cave she had seen in her dream. She had heard of prophecies from her former clan's medicine cat, but she had never experienced one herself. 

She wondered for a moment, could she trust their words? After all, her ancestors caused the collapse of the clans and tribes. How could they be trusted? Before Watcher of the Sky could turn away from the cave, a single cardinal landed before her with a daffodil in his beak. He gently rested the flower at the she-cat's paws and flew away, his call sounding like a sweet song to her ears. 

Skywatcher's eyes grew wide looking at the omen before her, knowing that it had to be true. She gently gathered the flower in her jaws before entering the cave to begin her journey of rebuilding the tribe.

(500 words)
🌸 Seraph | She/They/Fae/Ser | Adult 🌸
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I have anxiety so I apologize if I take long to respond!
Do feel free to send a message anyway ❤

The Shattered Echoes | Celestis Sanctuary | Crystal Glade
©
WinglessSeraph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby // Kzryail » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:22 am

It had been a stormy few days, and the lone cat was barely getting by. The nameless cat was simply wandering, and his legs had brought him to this nice cave with a lake in it. There was vision to see the outside and if the storm had let up, but far enough to keep him safe from the elements. It made for a nice and safe place to finally get some rest.

What he didn't know was that he would be visited by a cat whose pelt listened with stars. Not only did he meet this cat, he was bestowed something too. The cat was woken up from the message with a flash, and then everything came rushing into his memories.

He winces, putting his paws against his head as he hisses softly. So much of it came flooding in at once. The clan- Tribe- Whatever it was called, everything about it came rushing in at once. The names, all the cats that use to be here, the knowledge of this mountain they use to call home and the caves that continued endlessly, and all the stories that surrounded it. It all felt like nonsense, but there was some worthwhile knowledge mixed in, such as locations for prey, or tactics for fighting. This wasn't all though. All this would have been a simple headache for him, but there was more, like an untapped reservoir of water being freed.

Not only did the memories and knowledge of this cavernous mountain filled his mind, but the fragments of yet another life. It might have been the same one, but his heart told him otherwise. There was a bit of weight on his head, around his neck, and draped over his body. It was warm, just like the soft coos of a creature much larger, their nimble paws working on a colorful surface. All of it felt so familiar, yet so... foreign.

Needless to say, it took the tom a few moments to simmer and think about what had just transpired. There was still so much knowledge in his mind that he wasn't able to digest, but it was there for future analysis- Which he would be doing a lot of in his free time. He was in charge of saving... the traditions? Odd, but doable, he felt.

"Wishseer..." He sits up, ears flicking as he gets a feel of his new name on his tongue. "Seer of Wishes..." His eyes narrow. It felt like it could use... More. The tom leans over to look into the pool, his reflection staring back at him. He squints.

"How about.. Capitan." For a second, his reflection was adorned with a feathered hat, what he could see of his body draped with a feathered cape, made from the feathers of the hawks that circled the mountains. "Capitan Wishseer." Yeah, that felt right.

He slowly gets onto his paws and makes his way towards the main hub, his pelt holding unusual dappling he's never had before.
// Kzryail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cryptpuppy » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:00 pm

This week's challenge is now closed! Weekly challenge will be issued after cp has been awarded.
cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦July 08-14 CP Rewards✦

Postby cryptpuppy » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:55 pm

BananaSnake - 361 words = 20cp
Selkirks - 500 words = 40cp
Blueeyedkite - fullbody colored, lined, and shaded + background = 40cp
WinglessSeraph - 500 words = 40cp
// Kzryail - 500 words = 40cp
Last edited by cryptpuppy on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cryptpuppy » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:08 am

This week's challenge is now Open!
cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyweaver » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:59 pm

Froststar curled her tail around her paws as warmth started to seep into her pelt, and blinked her bright green eyes at the rising sun. She seemed to be caught in the golden rays that enveloped the horizon, its beauty seeming to wake up the whole forest. Birds started to chirp in the dangling branches, squirrels skittered up the rough bark of the lake willows, and Froststar could feel the quiet footsteps of mice by her paws. Usually she would’ve gone for a nice hunt right now, since dawn prey was always the tastiest. And it always woke her up to get ready for the new day.
But this time she didn’t feel like hunting. The prophecy StarClan had given her still lingered in her mind, and she had to use all the willpower she could to stop herself from running away from it all. She hadn’t been able to get a wink of sleep, and finally, in the middle of the night, she padded down to the lake. The smooth, soft sand beneath her paws always calmed her, and the swans that swam in the lake gave her comfort. Their delicate wings and snow-like beauty dazzled her. She had offered them a fish earlier, and they humbly accepted it, like they always did. Life seemed peaceful when she was with those beautiful birds, but the weight of her troubles always came back to haunt her.
She had just been Frost before. Frost, a lone she-cat that lived in a small nest by the lake. Frost, a cat that liked to live alone. When StarClan had appeared to her and told her about the Clan she most build, her peaceful life turned into something that she had to work hard for, to strengthen and care for a whole group of cats. She discovered the joy in living with others, and she had to admit it was exhilarating at times. But she was a leader.How could she care for so many when she could barely keep care of herself anymore? She was still struggling to know which cat to make her deputy. She was afraid to make the wrong choice, and she always doubted her decisions now.
A sudden noise of paws scrabbling against stone startled Froststar. She turned around to see one of her Clanmates, Smokefish, walk up to her. His smokey-gray fur glistened as if he had just washed it, as was SwanClan custom to clean at the rise of a new day. “You weren’t in your den when I woke up, Froststar. Is everything alright?” His eyes shone with deep care for his leader, and Froststar knew he wasn’t just doing it because he had to.
Froststar stared at her paws and sighed. She should stand up, stare straight into his eyes, and calmly say, “Of course!” Like a real leader should do, but she couldn’t bring herself to.
So she turned her head to him and spoke.
“I don’t know. Everything seems to be happening so fast. How am I, a previous loner, supposed to lead an entire Clan? How can I lead them?” She was shaking now. “You probably think I look nothing like a leader. That’s okay. I’m pretty sure everyone thinks that. I bet-“
Smokefish cut her off. “No. You don’t realize it, but a lot of cats look up to you. They need you. You’ve led us through our toughest battles, and somehow, after all the fighting and struggling to keep our territory, you’ve led us through it.” He spoke with pure confidence, and his amber eyes glistened. “You’re determined and clever with your strategies. You’re a true leader.”
Froststar stared at him in surprise. Was she? Did her Clan really see her that way? Did they actually look up to her? Yet she could not doubt what Smokefish had said, it seemed as if he were telling the truth.
“Follow me, if you don’t believe what I’m saying.” Smokefish beckoned to her with his tail, then ran into the thick leaves of the pine trees.
Froststar rushed after him, brushing past pine branches and bouncing off the soft, mossy ground. She turned down the twisting path to the camp, and ran to the camp entrance, which was a small tunnel bordered with blackberry vines. She pulled up beside Smokefish, who nodded his head to the camp clearing.
Her beloved Clanmates ran up to her, brushing her fur and asking where she’d been. Now Froststar could see the loyalty in their eyes, and the respect they had for her. She felt foolish for her doubts. Her Clan had been confident in her the whole time. She would lead them through their darkest days, and fight for them until the very end.
And they would do the same.
Froststar was full of hope now. Even when she had her doubts, she would not think about running away this time. Her Clan needed her, and she needed them. She also knew exactly who her second-in-command would be, and there was no other obvious answer. Smokefish had made her see things clearly, and he would be the deputy she needed. As she chatted with her Clanmates and talked about the upcoming day’s duties, she felt warm and safe.
And she finally felt like the leader she wanted to be.

Word count: 884
Wow that’s a lot. I didn’t mean to write that much, but it was hard to fit all this into one short story. :P
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skyweaver
She/her pronouns
I love horses, dogs, and hamsters:3
"Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, are you telling me
you built a time machine out of a DeLorean?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Click my eggs!
ImageImageImageImage
Skyweaver

My pets
My items