Stars V.2 • Birchmist's Readoption Center

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Birchmist's Readoption Center

Postby crexmii » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:11 pm

Username: crexmii
    Cat Name: plover
    Clan: softclan
    Kitty trying out for: MYO#711
    Prompt: "you know, you really don't need to come visit me every three days." plover grinned, batting at her companion's paws. she settled back and let her ultramarine gaze wander to a passing butterfly that fluttered by. "i mean, you are one of my only friends. why shouldn't i spend time with you? that's what friends do, right?" sirius mewed, glancing back at plover. "come on, i was just teasing, no need to get all uncertain and worried. but really, i do appreciate it, sirius." the tortoiseshell smiled back, and for those few moments, they both forgot about their roles. they were simply two friends in the big world.

"friends forever?" plover asked with a hopeful look.
    "you bet." sirius grinned.

———

it was one of the coldest snows plover had ever experienced. but nonetheless, sirius was waiting for her. she bounded over to her friend, paws covered with snow. "brr, it's so cold." sirius glanced at her, then wrapped her long tail around her. it helped to warm plover up slightly. "the snow can be beautiful, though." sirius mewed, staring at the icy landscape in front of them. it was so...quiet. just tranquil and peaceful.

"well. at least it'll make way for spring. then we can watch the snow melt and the new flowers bloom!"
    sirius smiled, but there was something in her eyes that plover couldn't identify.

"spring..." she whispered so softly that plover barely heard her.

and then, so abruptly and so suddenly that plover didn't have a single second to react, sirius twisted around and slashed plover's chest, sending her falling onto the freezing, snow-covered ground. "sirius?!" she choked, before realisation dawned. "what...did my time come that fast?" she asked, staring up at sirius's heartbroken face.

and at that moment, the cat who was so good at staying calm and concealing her emotions broke down right in front of plover.
    "i'm sorry! i tried to beg moira- i tried to extend your time! but he refused...he said fate cannot be tinkered with, and that if your time is up, it's up." she sobbed, burying her face into plover's blue fur.
    "it's okay. we'll still be friends forever, right? i'll be a spirit. besides, you're the goddess of death. you're immortal." plover rasped, trying to comfort her friend.

sirius gave her a rueful look. "i'll be a voidlurker, remember? i'll be a mindless monster whose only thought will be to corrupt others. i...i won't be myself anymore." she sighed.

"oh...well. then i'll always remember you. and before you become one of them, i hope you remember me too." plover mewed weakly. she could feel the last of her strength draining away, and the blackness in her peripheral was starting to close in. she could already see sirius's crane, mortala, appearing beside her.

wow. she really was dying, and it wasn't a dream. but it was...surprisingly peaceful.

sirius nodded, mismatched eyes filled with tears. she was the last thing plover saw before death enveloped her and took her into its realm.

———

plover absentmindedly drew a circle in the grass with her starry claw. she stared around mournfully. it was nice here, but it was lonely. memories swarmed around her, threatening to overwhelm her. she missed sirius so much. her friend was probably already no longer feline. plover sighed. perhaps the memories would wash away her loneliness, if only for a few short heartbeats.

she closed her eyes and gave in.
    her own voice echoed back in her mind, and the scene unraveled, clear as day. it was as if it had just happened yesterday.

"you know, you really don't need to come visit me every three days."

Username: crexmii
    Cat Name: marigoldflutter
    Clan: softclan
    Kitty trying out for: #2307
    Prompt: "canarypaw, it's alright. it's going to be okay. don't move." the apricot tabby said calmly. "your warrior assessment may be tomorrow, but you're capable! you can do this, bestie!" marigoldpaw cheered. the golden she-cat looked back at her with uncertain amber eyes. "are you sure? you really think it won't be that hard?"

marigoldpaw nudged canarypaw in the shoulder. "come on! i may not be a warrior, but i can tell you that it's not going to be that bad." canarypaw smiled back at her, comforted by her friend's words. "alright, if you say so. i'm ready." she meowed, determination in her eyes. "come on, canarypaw, it's time." dawnfuzz called, pale ginger fur gleaming in the sunlight. the apprentice eagerly bounded over to her mentor. marigoldpaw watched and smiled, certain that the clan would have a new warrior by sunset.

———

"canarypaw, it's alright. it's going to be okay... don't move, please." marigoldpaw choked out the words and tried to keep the increasing desperation out of her voice, pressing the cobweb firmly onto the bleeding. canarypaw looked half dead. she was alive, but her eyes seemed to be glazing over. as the golden molly swallowed another bundle of herbs, marigoldpaw felt increasingly panicked.

she would notlose her best friend. come on, come on! the bleeding should have stopped! marigoldpaw's mind screamed, filled with panicked and worried thoughts for her friend. the other healers were mixing herbs and doing their best to help the little golden she-cat, but nothing seemed to be working. glowspots was mixing a herb poultice as fast as he could, sundrop supervising him and glancing back from time to time to look at the gravely injured apprentice.

marigoldpaw rushed to get more chervil, but by the time she got back to her friend, it was too, too late. she was supposed to be a warrior. she was never supposed to encounter that badger.

she was never supposed to die.

but now, her poor friend was dead. "no!" she screamed, alerting the other healers. they immediately rushed to canarypaw's side to examine her. the stench of death was unmistakeably there. she couldn't prevent the tears from falling, dripping onto her best friend's fur.

no. no. no. she can't lose another. this is the third time.

her salty tears left marks on her cheeks.

at canarypaw's vigil, marigoldpaw wondered if she would ever stop crying. staring up at the stars, she cursed the gods on her head.
    why couldn't they save canarypaw? why did they have to let her die?

she was so young...too young.
    marigoldpaw barely listened to any of the other cats speaking. she had retreated into a bubble of her own sadness, blurring everything out and seperating her from the real world. every part of her felt so numb. her heart ached and hurt, her eyes were tired from crying, she was exhausted from trying to save her friend.

marigoldpaw was a failure once again, wasn't she?
    the last two times, both her friends had died when she'd tried to heal them.
    canarypaw was the third.
    she always tried so hard, yet she always failed.

there would only be one way she'd never feel grief again. she'd never feel pain anymore.
    she would never feel like a failure again.

from that moment, marigoldflutter swore she would never get close to any cat ever again.
    that way, she wouldn't be shattered once she lost them.
Last edited by crexmii on Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:07 pm

marking for this round :)
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 pm

Username:Moonlight Heavens
Cat Name: RattleStalk->RatStar
Clan: (Going to be my second clan)
Prompt:

Wip
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:44 pm

Username: Timid-Decidueye
Cat Name: TBD
Clan: x/x
Prompt:
WIP

Kitty trying out for: MYO#1249
Prompt:
WIP

Kitty trying out for: #2811f
Prompt:
WIP
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby final fantasy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:57 pm

Username: final fantasy
Cat Name: caninehusk
Clan: hazeclan
Prompt:

marking!
┌─────────── ───────────┐

chase . he him . adult

i like adoptables & writing <3
best friend
└─────────── ───────────┘
final fantasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:23 am

- Decided to drop, Good luck frens
Last edited by Ember the Wolf on Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Sima adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:55 am

Username: Macabre.
Cat Name: SnakeShed
Clan: BirchClan
Prompt:

"Meet me at the fallen tree?" SnakeShed asked.
"Oh I don't know, I think it’s supposed to storm tonight." The pretty she-cat rebuffed.
"Maybe another night then." He replied.

SnakeShed walked over to the she-cat and dropped a mouse at her paws. “Meet me at the fallen tree?" he asked.
“I’m very tired, maybe another night.” she sighed
“Alright” he said.

SnakeShed crawled into the warrior den, holding a large mouthful of moss. He carefully arranged it in the she-cats nest,. “What do you think you're doing?” the she-cat asked. "Meet me at the fallen tree?" was his only reply. “Not yet.” She said with a flick of her tail.

After a few days had passed, the she-cat finally gathered enough courage, from across camp the she-cat caught SnakeSheds eye and trotted over. She purred,
"Meet me at the fallen tree?"

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:40 am

Username: Kazin
Cat Name: Beeflame
Clan: TreeClan
Kitty trying out for: #2811f
Prompt:

They are mad because they saw a dog! Why are the dogs always around on the nice days when they're trying to watch the clouds! They smell bad, they are loud, and they are never subtle or quiet - they disturb the peace.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:00 pm

Username: EchoIre
Cat Name: Mithryl
Clan: LakeClan
Prompt:

"Wake up."

Mithryl opened their eyes in a flash, only to groan in pain as light flooded their vision. Slowly, their eyes adjusted. Their partner, Saida, was smiling down at them.

"It's nearly noon, love."

Mithryl stretched. "Already? Goodness. Why'd you let me sleep so long?"

Saida didn't respond. Mithryl looked up at her, frowning slightly. She was looking at her paws with an expression Mithryl couldn't read. "...Love?"

Saida looked up quickly and smiled. "I just couldn't help it!" She chirped. "You looked so peaceful. Besides," she turned away and motioned for Mithryl to follow with a flick of her tail. "it's not like you didn't need it."

Mithryl stared after her. Something felt... off. Had they upset Saida? They didn't mean to blame her for their oversleeping. Why wasn't she talking about it? Had something else happened? Furrowing their brows, Mithryl stood and trotted after her.

Saida was already in their garden when Mithryl caught up to her. There was a small pile of sprouts at her side, and she was digging holes for each of them diligently. Mithryl set to work doing the same at her side. Saida was quick to fill the silence.

"Lyceeia came by while you were asleep with these," Saida nodded towards the sprouts, "she wants us to grow them, too."

Mithryl's heart panged. "You had to deal with her?" That explained things. "I'm so sorry love. You should have woken me, I would have understood."

Saida shrugged. "There wasn't enough time." She passed a sprout over to Mithryl. Mithryl set it in one of the holes quietly. They kept trying to meet Saida's gaze, but she never seemed to lift her head. Had Lyceeia upset her that much? What did they say?

"I'll make lunch for us, love." Mithryl offered. "It's the least I could do."

Saida remained silent for a long time. Each passing second dragged by like claws against stone. Mithryl couldn't stand it. Nothing had felt right since they woke up, and they didn't know why. Why wasn't Saida talking to them?

When she finally did speak, her voice was so soft Mithryl barely heard it. In fact, they probably wouldn't have, had Saida not stopped what she was doing so suddenly. "... Do you remember anything?" Her gaze was trained on her dirt-covered paws.

Mithryl blinked. "...What?"

Saida drew in a long, shaking breath. Then turned to Mithryl and beamed. "I already started lunch, silly! I'm making that soup recipe I've been wanting to try, remember?" She smiled.

Mithryl smiled back as best they could. They didn't remember. Should they have? Wouldn't they, if Saida had mentioned it? Why would she lie? They shook their head. They were being ridiculous.

"I guess it slipped my mind. I'm sorry love."

"It's okay." Saida smiled. "I love you." Her voice was almost... heavier then, just a fraction so. It was barely anything, but Mithryl was already so on edge. They caught it. And Saida saw it in their eyes, and looked away. She looked away. Why would she look away?

Unease gnawed at Mithryl's stomach. This was nothing. Just a little lover's quarrel, if that. Why did it feel so wrong? Why did it feel like they were forgetting something, something bigger than soup? Why wouldn't Saida tell them?

"...I love you too, sweetheart." Mithryl returned back to their work just the same. "...I want to do something for you. You let me sleep in, and I know you hate talking to Lyceeia alone. Let me do something for you. Anything."

Saida stopped, once again staring at her paws. "I... just really want to spend time with you." Her voice was low. "So, just... keep helping me in the garden? Please?" She turned to Mithryl and smiled again. How did she look so tired?

Mithryl nodded absently. "Of course, love..."

All of the sprouts her planted as the sun reached its peak. Their two cats spent the next hour traveling to the pond for water and bringing it back to the garden. Mithryl stopped trying to speak to Saida by then, getting no further than they had before. Every time they tried to start a conversation, Saida just seemed so... tired. Sad, almost. Mithryl couldn't help but feel like they had let her down by sleeping in, even if she wasn't saying it. By the time the garden was fully taken care of, Mithryl has resolved to let Saida sleep in the next day and bring her breakfast in bed. It was the least she could do.

Saida wouldn't let Mithryl put the buckets away on their own. She insisted on doing it with them, walking so close that their buckets kept bumping together and making them stumble. Mithryl didn't say anything.

Saida stared at the shed once their tools were put away. Mithryl lingered quietly, watching their partner warily. Her eyes were wide and glassy.

"Saida?"

She jumped and turned to Mithryl. Tears well in her eyes, but she was quick to wipe them away. "The soup should be done. Let's go eat love." Saida trotted away before Mithryl could say anything. They plodded after her sullenly, feeling as though the entire world was watching them as they went.

Saida beat them inside, unsurprisingly. She already has bowls set out, and motioned for Mithryl to sit as she brought the soup over to the table. They did as they were told, watching their partner closely. She was all smiles as she portioned out the soup, and returned to sit across of Mithryl after putting the pot away.

"I'm so excited!" She chirped. "It was hard to grow everything for this. I..." Saida looked up at Mithryl, her smile fading. "I hope you like it. My love."

Mithryl tried to smile. "I love anything you cook. Thank you for putting so much effort into this."

A smile ghosted across Saida's face. "Anything for you." With that, she bowed her head to eat. Mithryl did the same.

The soup was shockingly bitter. They looked up in surpasses, only to find Saida watching them intently. She had tried so hard. Did so much today. Mithryl smiled and forced themselves to swallow the mouthful, earning a warm smile from Saida.

"Do you like it?"

Mithryl nodded. "You'll have to make it again."

Saida's smiled dropped. "I..." she looked down. "I will, love. I promise."

Mithryl didn't know what to do. Didn't know what they did. Eating the soup seemed to make Saida happier than anything else they did today, though, so Mithryl continued to do so with as much gusto as they could muster. They finished before Saida did, and sat talking to her as best she could. She was seeming to liven up some. Maybe she just needed some food?

When Saida finished her soup, Mithryl stood to collect her bowl. Their vision swam and their legs buckled, and Mithryl was sent to the ground fairly quickly. Somewhere, Saida gasped in concern, thought eh sound was warbled and distant. Gentle paws reached under Mithryl's head, and Saida's blurred face came into view. She was crying.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She pulled Mithryl close to her. "I remembered everything a few weeks ago. We don't belong here. Lyceeia... took us. I could only grow enough herbs for you."

"...What?" Mithryl's tongue felt like lead in their mouth.

Saida shushed them gently. "Don't try to fight it. You're going to wake up in your nest. I don't know where that is, but you should be safe. But you're going to have to run." Saida's voice cracked. "You need to run, Mithryl. And- and I'm going to try to find you, okay? But not for a while. You need to find somewhere safe to wait."

Heavy ringing filled Mithryl's ears. They winced, but the ringing only grew louder. And as it did, their vision grew more blurry. Saida became smaller and smaller, as if being pulled away by some unseen hand. Mithryl tried to reach out for her. It took all their concentration to lift their limbs, but they did. They know they did, and they knew they had stretched them far enough to touch Saida's face if she was holding them. They could still see her. Why couldn't they feel her? What was she talking about?

Saida's voice cut through the ringing all at once.

"Wake up."
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catra » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:11 am

Username: catra
Cat Name: Ansa (trap)
Clan: Plasma
Prompt: [inspired by the deal - mitksi]

"There's a deal that I've made."

As Theodore cautiously approached Ansa, he couldn't shake the feeling of despair almost radiating off the silky lykoi. Ansa, who was once the embodiment of strength and Plasma's fiercest warrior, now lay curled up in the foliage. Their fur hung limp and unkempt, and their eyes were dull and heavy.

"I don't quite understand what you mean... I know it's been hard for you to make sense of things lately," Theodore whispered softly, his voice barely audible above the gentle rustle of the trees. Other cats had reported that they were making nonsensical remarks. He settled besides them, and lovingly brushed against their side. But they flinched, muscles tense as if Theodore were a stranger. He waited for Ansa to explain, yet they remained silent.

"Are you in any pain?" he mewed, concerned. "I-I've been learning a lot of tricks, maybe some chamomile, or ginger, or um..." he continued, mumbling.

Ansa shook his head, seemingly using all of his energy just for that slight movement.

"Whatever it is, I'm here," he urged, determined.

They fixed their gaze in the distance, being unable to look sweet Theodore in the eye. The world around them seemed to dissolve into a haze of memories, and their mind drifted back to the day everything changed.

~~

Ansa had been patrolling the perimeter of the territory, a task so routine for them it offered little distraction from their thoughts. It was an uneventful day, much like any other.

Without warning, they stumbled upon a hidden pit concealed beneath a veil of foliage. The ground gave way beneath their paws as they plummeted into the depths below, yelping. Surely this hole had not there before? The darkness enveloped them completely, until they landed with a jarring thud, disoriented and alone. It was much too dark to tell, but they seemed to be in some kind of ancient cavern.

And there, amidst the darkness, stood a cat cloaked in the shadows, their presence radiating an otherworldly aura that sent shivers down Ansa's spine.

"I am the keeper of sorrows, the bearer of burdens," the deity spoke, their voice booming.
"And you, Ansa, carry a heavy weight upon your heart."

A sudden flash of light caused their eyes to overflow with tears, and their breath caught in their throat as the memories came flooding back with agonizing clarity. The loss of their lover, the ache of loneliness and guilt that consumed them whole... it was all laid bare before the deity's piercing gaze.

"I can't... I can't take it anymore," Ansa whispered, trembling. The air was heavy and completely suffocating. There must have been something in the air, because they were not usually this malleable or naive. They felt as if they were about to pass out.

"I can grant you peace, Ansa," the deity murmured with a whisper that beckoned them closer.
The temptation was overwhelming, the promise of relief like a beacon in the darkness.

"But... what must I do in return?" Ansa gasped, struggling to remain conscious.

"Not do. Give," they remarked. "You must give me your essence, your soul."

To any rational cat, this would have been alarming, and the decision would be clear - such a bargain with a deity was sure to have unfathomable consequences. But Ansa had been silently living in agony for a long time now, tearing themselves apart on the inside while feeling forced to maintain the strong warrior facade to others in the clan. The temptation proved too great to resist, and with a heavy heart, they made their choice. With a single word, their fate was sealed.
"Deal."

~~

"Please, Ansa, I'm just trying to figure out how to help," Theodore mewed frantically, begging for Ansa to communicate. "I care about you... don't you care about me too?"
They closed their eyes, only uttering one more sentence:
"There's a deal that I've made."
Last edited by catra on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
╭──────────.★..─╮
.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.

just here to be silly :3
eli ~ adult ~ EST

feel free to say hello!

.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.
╰─..★.───────────────╯
catra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery