Stars V.2 • Birchmist's Readoption Center

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Birchmist's Readoption Center

Postby Vivika » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:59 am

Username: vivika
    Cat Name: thorne
    Clan: azeryn
    Kitty trying out for: #2156
    Prompt:
    silver dust and gosammer coated the old photo album.

the fragrance of cedarwood, earth and vanilla enfolded him as he curled up against the creaking floorboards of the attic, resting the album before him. tucking it closer, he blew on the cover, sending a spray of dust taking flight like a flock of moths. he placed a paw on the star-studded cover imprinted with a pawprint. his pawprint. a smaller, younger version.

a faint smile lilted on his lips as he flipped through the pages.

films of sun-faded strokes of color unfurled in tandem to the warble of pages. him, sporting a toothy grin, the worn redwood of a treehouse-turned-spaceship at his back. him, moments before disaster struck, wadding a ball of spinach on a silver spoon perfectly poised towards his darling sister. him, gaze starry under the spinning, full-scale planetarium at the hall of flight.

and perhaps all those sols and lunes ago, his destiny had already been written. perhaps the truth had always been there hidden in fleeting moments of reality.

more pictures. the firsts of many. his first broken bone, his first model of the solar system, his first telescope, his first trip under the seven seas, his first gondola ride where he’d proclaimed himself navigator, vowing to lead only through star charts.

pages turned, chapter after chapter, annum after annum. a lifetime of memories, a collage of a journey, a collection of split-second tales frozen in snapshots.

one picture came loose, making him pause. the smooth backing hinted that it’d never been glued, never been properly set into the album. frowning, he flipped it over.

him, grinning wide at a model spacecraft booth, spaceships and drones of all sizes all arrayed in neat shining rows of silver and gold behind him. a small podship to simulate zero-gravity perched behind him, the sleek door ajar. his turn was next.

his heart squeezed as he touched the photo. as if a mere touch could resurrect the memory in full-bloom with all its vivid colors and aromatic scents and the heart-stopping moment when all gravity ceased to exist.

but it was the smile that caught him.

that smile, so carefree and light, unburdened and blissfully naive. that younger kit had no idea of what this path would hold. he didn’t know of the peças it’d cost, the sleepless nights in-store, the grueling regimes, the backstabbers, the saboteurs, the competition just for a spot at the academies. if he could talk to that younger version of himself, he’d hold him so, so tight. a crushing, warm embrace. he’d look him in the eye and lasso the stars down to fashion a good luck charm━a reminder to never ever give up even when the nights grew so cold.

that smile was everything. stars, that smile was passion. pure, unrestrained, undiluted, genuine passion bottled into one broad grin and captured in a flicker of lights. but perhaps it was all he’d ever needed for his journey, because that younger version never knew what he did now.

a small droplet splashed onto the photo.

he blinked, raising a paw to scrub the damp kiss of tears from his cheeks. a short laugh caught in his throat as he flicked the photo to chase the moisture from it. stars, he was getting sentimental about a picture? a picture of himself? now, that seemed awfully self-centered and just plain━

“thorne?” his sister’s scarlet curls popped out from the hatch in the attic. a wink gleamed in her eyes, the stars all captured in that one simple gesture. “or should i say captain thorne now? are you- wow, i didn’t think you missed me that much.”

“shove off, nattie.” he groaned. “you haven’t changed one bit.”

her smile was all roses and daylight twined with an eyeroll. “sorry to disappoint, captain, but you haven’t changed much either.” her steps danced, light and leaping, across the creaking wood to curl up beside him. “one, i knew you’d be here. two, i knew you’d want to add to the album. and three, to prove it, i brought you this.”

she slid a glossy picture to him, the colors vibrant and bold, foreground and background perfectly crystallized. nattie and him, the sun freckling their cheeks as they stood in the apple orchard, the faint outlines of their treehouse-turned-spaceship cresting above a large sleek lunarcraft. his lunarcraft. still new and shining even after his first flight from today’s graduation.

with a grin, he set the picture into an empty page of the album. the creamy pages framed the freshly-minted picture, the empty space so large that it seemed to almost consume the photo. with a tilt of his head, he found the other picture, still damp, but intact, setting it right beside the new one.

two faces smiled right back at him.
    one of the past and one of the present, a mirror image of a dream to-be and a dream fulfilled.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:57 pm

congrats to the winners below!
      Macabre. wrote:Username: Macabre.
      Cat Name: Kazoo
      Clan: BirchClan
      Kitty trying out for: #3308
      Prompt: -snip-

NoodleDOOT wrote:Username: NoodleDOOT
      Cat Name: Cove
      Clan: dootland
      Kitty trying out for: #3307

Vivika wrote:Username: vivika
      Cat Name: thorne
      Clan: azeryn
      Kitty trying out for: #2156

final fantasy wrote:Username: final fantasy
      Cat Name: poppydance
      Clan: hazeclan
      Kitty trying out for: #1479

this cat has a toyhouse page!! contact I Like Bees within a week if you'd like this cat transferred to you on toyhouse.
      otherwise, here (base credit) (color credit), is the link to their additional artwork!

ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Readopt Page

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:33 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:
    These readopts all end on March 6th at 6pm CST !

This little one aspires to be something, what is it?

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Cat Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Rank:[/b]
    [b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
    [b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
    [b]Kitty trying out for:[/b] [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4611448#p135666755]B#251K3[/url]
    [b]Prompt:[/b]

--

Uh Oh, this cat is in trouble! What did they do?

[b]Kitty trying out for:[/b] [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4762016#p138968725]#2364b[/url]

--

This cat is special somehow, what makes this cat unique?

[b]Kitty trying out for:[/b] [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4851129#p141590492]B#547K2[/url]

--

If this cat's lore could be a book title, what would it be? Briefly explain why!

[b]Kitty trying out for:[/b] [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4852145#p141627983]#2786h[/url]
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:47 pm

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan: (Please link)
Kitty trying out for: B#251K3
Prompt: This little one aspires to be something, what is it?

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan: (Please link)
Kitty trying out for: #2364b
Prompt: Uh Oh, this cat is in trouble! What did they do?
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:02 am

Username: Macabre.
Cat Name: TallPaw
Prompt: TallPaw wants to be a prophet. She wants to commune with StarClan and pass on prophecy's to the clan cats. She thinks it would be so cool to know the future and see into important future events.

Cat Name: Wolfclaw
Clan: 5 years
Prompt: Wolfclaw was fooling around on the rocks by the river, he slipped and fell, spraining his front paw, however he was embarrassed and refused to see the medicine cat, or put any kind of herbs on them. Wolfclaw has been dodging the medicine Cats den and now his fellow warriors are close to having enough of him limping around the clans camp. Soon they are going to drag him into the Medicine Den, even if they have to sit on him to keep him there.

Cat Name: ShaddowRipple
Kitty trying out for: B#547K2
Prompt: ShadowRipple is the best tree climber in the whole clan. He can scale a birch tree in 15 seconds flat! This makes him great at catching squirrels that manage to make it up a tree, and birds nesting in the branches.

Cat Name: SootPebble
Kitty trying out for: #2786h
Prompt:
"A Heart of Joy"

SootPebble was born happy. Always giggling she has a great sense of humor and can make anyone laugh. She's never had a bad day.
Last edited by Macabre. on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:23 pm

Username: Hazelfang
Cat Name: Sparrowwhistle
Clan: Kin of the Vixen
Prompt:
It was an accident. He swears. He didn't see her there, he had no idea. How could he have known? It was dark. It was loud. It was terrifying. He was just doing what any cat would have... right?

As his thoughts whirl within the confines of his anxious mind, the young she-cat grows cold beneath his soaked paws. He looked down at the peaceful expression on her face. It was quick, he hoped. She didn't seem to realize what had happened before consciousness slipped from her grasp. The tom hadn't realized either. It all happened so fast. One second, he was being chased by dogs. The next, he lashed out at the young she-cat, mistaking her for his predators. It was a mistake anyone could make, especially considering the red that had clouded his vision. Yes, anyone would have made the same mistake. So why did he feel so guilty?

Why do you feel so guilty? You're not even one of them, you're a fraud. They should mean nothing to you, a voice spoke from his soul, echoing the darkness hiding deep within. That was also true. He was nothing but a spy and a fraud. A traitor who made a grave mistake that could compromise his position. And yet, it was not the fear of failing his mission. Somehow during his time with the Kin, he found himself caring for them. He felt at home. And this.. this... mistake could spell the end of his time with the Kin. Yes, he realized it now. This feeling has nothing to do with his job. It had everything to do with the fear of losing his new family.

Username: Hazelfang
Cat Name: Fernbreeze
Clan: Kin of the Vixen
Prompt:
Fernbreeze was chosen to become a Ministra at a young age. At first, she was disappointed as she had aspirations of becoming a Marauder going on lengthy journeys in far away lands. She protested this decision ferociously as a softpaw, demanding they reconsider and insisting she was meant for 'so much greater'. Little did she know, becoming a Ministra was an adventure all of its own. Since becoming a Ministra softpaw, she has had her paws full with rambunctious kits trying to race their way out of the nursery. She didn't realize just how fun- and tiring!- it would be to raise the Kin's kits. But soon enough, after the first group of kits became softpaws and later full members of the Kin, she realized how much she loves her job. Even moreso, she realized that she dreamed to one day raise the kit who will become the next Magister of the Kin.
Last edited by Hazelfang on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sei It » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:07 am

Username: Sei It
Cat Name: Fallensky
Clan: Spiritclan
Prompt:
'The sky is falling!' came the cry from the small apprentice as they raced into camp, a look of panic painted their face. But nobody believed them, the sky was, after all, still there, but when the apprentice showed the clan the huge hunk of rock that had appeared from nowhere, and must have fallen from a great height, he cemented his future warrior name in the minds of all the clan cats. After all, he's the only cat who has witnessed a giant piece of rock falling from the sky.

Username: Sei It
Cat Name: Miststep
Clan: Spiritclan
Prompt:
'The Missed Step'
Amidst the turmoil that surrounds the founding of Spiritclan, Miststep seems to be the only cat fit for the role of deputy, but a problem emerges, she hasn't trained an apprentice, yet...
Sei It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:47 am

Username: Ember the Wolf
Cat Name: Vulturewing
Clan: Willowclan
Prompt:

Vulturewing is uniquely oblivious.

Both of his siblings are well known for their exceptional skills in other areas meanwhile Vuturewing is know for his tendancy to have no clue whats going on
Last edited by Ember the Wolf on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Sima adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Restful Dead » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:23 pm

Username: Wubbawoo
Cat Name: Chantal
Clan: High Society
Prompt: What makes Chantal special is that she came from a far, far away land. A land so far away that it's known as a "cunning tree", one named France. How a tree could be cunning and why it would be named France is beside the point. What's important is that over there, they speak in an entirely different tongue, one that Chantal is fluent in. While she's capable of conversing with other cats in their tongue as well, she does seem to prefer speaking in native tongue in certain instances, such as when greeting a new cat, Bonjour, je m'appelle Chantal! or when she disagrees with something, Non. She also loves telling the others stories of what it was like living over there, though their favorite tale is how she traveled inside a giant, flying metal bird.
Restful Dead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:47 am

Username: néktar
    Cat Name: leopardflurry
    Clan: [url]marbleclan[/url]
    Prompt:

hidden in plain sight

leopard has never known her father or his family, her mother kept that part of her life secret. she would hear whispers here and there from her clanmate’s as she grew older. assigned as an apprentice to pigeonthroat, he became a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen to her woes. her mother passed from an unknown illness a few moons after she got her warrior name, this broke her heart beyond belief. losing the only family she knew of leopard ran once more to her mentor now friend, finding him on a hillside with tears on his cheeks. asking why he wept for a cat he barely knew — he confessed to being her father. after watching her grow into a skilled warrior and the loss of a past lover he couldn’t keep it from her any longer. they would sit and keep vigil all night as pigeon recounted how her mother and him fell into love then right back out. finding comfort in each other.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me